• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Ok, i have thought that i have received the 2nd letter from KCC.. but is that letter the one saying that the have received all the forms and they are notify that you are going to adjust staus... or is one that should say the interview date? that is supposed to happend after you have summited I-485? i'm confused.. anybody knows?? thanks!

Now you have to wait until your case is current to send I-485. In the meantime, gather all documents you will send to USCIS and if you have doubts about how to fill the forms, clarify them. After they accept your I-485 they will send you the biometrics letter.

Pryanik :)

DV2013- confused!! need advise..

Hi,

Need you help..I'm not sure what should I do now..

I'm in the US with a H4 visa, and I won the DV lottery: 2013As00009XXX

I mailed DSP-122 to KCC and received an email that confirmed it.

1. What should I do now? Should I pay the DV fee? how much is it? I have husband +2 kids..
or should I wait untill my case number would be available?
2. When my number is available, should I scedule an interview? should I come to the USCIS after I alredy filled out the I-485?
When should I took the Medical exam?

Thanks!!

What about police reports? Do I need to get one from Europe or from the USA (where I currently live and work on a H1B visa). Do I need one?

I-845 for kids

Should I fill out separate I-845 for my husband?
what about for my kids- 5 years old and 1.5 years old?

Thanks!!!

I-845? If you mean I-485, the answer is Yes, you need to fill out separate I-485 for each member of your family adjusting status.

Should I fill out separate I-845 for my husband?
what about for my kids- 5 years old and 1.5 years old?

Thanks!!!

What about police reports? Do I need to get one from Europe or from the USA (where I currently live and work on a H1B visa). Do I need one?

It looks like people with a good knowledge from DV2012 or before left the forum and no one can answer your question.:(

Coherent,

You do not need police clearance. If you read the I-485 instructions , you only need police clearance if filing -485a supplement. I did not file any.

My attorney told me that no police reports nedeed for now.. he said: NO POLICE LETTER/S needed- at a later date, you’ll be fingerprinted for FBI background check.

So, i guess that will be with the biometrics?...i don't think you will need to get anything from your country..

The AOS 2012 thread is a really good resource to read and in order to know what to do. There are a lot of posts to read through, but if you have time i think it will be very helpful.

The dv fee is $330 per person. You should pay for you and each member applying. You have to wait your case number to be current before sending your I485 which is part of your AOS package. No schedule needed. Once your AOS package is approved they will schedule an interview for biometrics... hope this help

Hi,

Need you help..I'm not sure what should I do now..

I'm in the US with a H4 visa, and I won the DV lottery: 2013As00009XXX

I mailed DSP-122 to KCC and received an email that confirmed it.

1. What should I do now? Should I pay the DV fee? how much is it? I have husband +2 kids..
or should I wait untill my case number would be available?
2. When my number is available, should I scedule an interview? should I come to the USCIS after I alredy filled out the I-485?
When should I took the Medical exam?

Thanks!!

Hello everyone, I just received the Fingerprint notice, scheduled for 11/8, does anyone have experience or hear from friends doing walk in before the scheduled date? I am not travelling out before 11/8 but just want to go earlier. Thanks.

We did the walk-in biometric yesterday. We preferred walk-in simply b/c the appointed date conflicts with our schedule. We went to the application support center (ASC) at Philadelphia. The ASC guard pointed out that yesterday was not our appointment. She also told us that we could reschedule the appointment if not available :(. But the site was simply empty so she finally let us in :)

Additionally, the guard asked if we have wounds or cuts on our fingers which we don't. She then date-stamped the biometric letter and called the office clerk to confirm once more if they would let us in before our appointment. They said yes. At the end, the clerk scanned through all of our fingers, took pictures, signed and returned biometric letter.

In short, I think it is really case-by-case whether they would let you walk-in. Hope this experience helps.

Last edited by a moderator: