• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

twf999

I have the same issue. I received both receipts for I-485 and employment authorization.

But once I try the online status page, it says, this case is not available at this time.

Based on what I have been hearing from other people, that online status check system has never been accurate.

dont worry about it ;)

Does anyone have same situation like me?

I got receipt number already, they still show
"Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283." In USCIS website

well,

I filed the form I-765 along with I-485. This is the request to get work authorization (EAD) once you become a permanent resident. My attorney asked me to do so and I understood that many people to the same. You don't necessarily need to file it along with I-485. But I am guessing that you hace to do it anyway later when you are applying for jobs. Filing with I-485, it would be free. If you file it independently, it will cost you some.

Let me know if you got a different message on the online status check system.

UPDATE: User Minto64 from the forum has provided me with more accurate information about the reason people apply for employment authorization, along with I-485 application. Here is the explanation in his words:

"The EAD will allow you to work before the green card arrives. Once you receive the gc, you no longer need the EAD. Gc will allow you to work and travel in and out of USA at will.

Once gc arrives the EAD is invalid so if you get a job with it, just be sure to give the employer your gc once you get it.

The reason ppl apply for the EAD and travel docs with 485 is because for employment based gc the wait can be greater than 1 year waiting for your priority date to get current. In our case we do not need o wait."

To loladvas13
Thank you so much!
By the way
What is employment authorization?
I haven't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Applying for DV 2014?

What about again applying for DV 2014? We have AS3XXX for 2013. Is it okay to apply for this next years too???

Thanks.

I am also the selectee of DV 2013 lottery but I haven't started anything in the process yet. I have a few questions:

1. I am in the United States with F-1 visa, and I have a girlfriend (she is also holding a F-1 visa) and we are planning for marriage in this month or November. Can I send the forms to KCC after marriage and get her a green card? (I was single when I apply the DV 2013 application) So after marriage, I send it DSP-122 and DSP-230 (with my fiancee) and photographs of us?

2. As I do the AOS and pay the fee, do I send it $660 with my fiancee or I just send it $330 for myself?

I don't know if it will be urgent. Please advice and I will really appreciate.

Hi,

I knew two of my friends who were in the same situation like you. From what I heard from them, the best way to go about it is to get married first and then apply Adjustment of Status together. So you would include your wife in the application process. This is so far the fastest way to get green card for both of you. One of my couple friends had to use lawyer to help them with the application. They said they paid about $700 for the legal service.

If you choose to apply for you first and then you wait until you get a green card then sponsor your girlfriend through your green card, I know it will take a very long time and in the end, you would have to wait until you become US citizen before you can sponsor her.
I hope that helps!

All the best,
Romeo

Thanks for your reply. My case number is 2013AS000030**. So the process time depends on the case number? Or first come first serve? Okay then I pay it after the submission of forms. And for my parents, I know they are not going to live in U.S. with me. So I don't need to file anything for them, right? What if they want to come after several years after their B2 visa expires?

Yes, the process base on the availability of the visa number. You should refer to visa bulletin for your number (here is the link: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5770.html) It seems that your number could be current sometime in December or January so you should get your DSP 122 form, DOS (dept of state) visa fee ($ 330 maybe per person) sent first.

And in the meantime, you can do your medical and Adjustment of status form (I485 and so on).
Since you will process your application with your girlfriend, i think you should hire a lawyer to help you with the application. I dont know about the detail for marriage and all that.

Good luck!

Romeo

i submitted my DSP 122 form end August 2012 but up am to now I haven't heard anything, how long does it take for the Kentucky to come back to you, am on Opt and its ending in in 2 months time and my number is very high. am afraid might be not in status what can i do?

i submitted my DSP 122 form end August 2012 but up am to now I haven't heard anything, how long does it take for the Kentucky to come back to you, am on Opt and its ending in in 2 months time and my number is very high. am afraid might be not in status what can i do?

I takes several week don't worry it's gonna come. Mine took about 2 and half month... You can send them an email or call to ask if they have received and are processing your case

When will NOA Arrive

Hello Guys,

After reading the DV AOS 2012 and 2011 topics, I noticed that most people get the notification of NOA by text before their checks are cashed. My check has been cashed but still no NOA and I included the G-1145 in my application.

Others who have received NOA was it after your check was cashed? Thanks

Yes. You can put in an application for DV 2014 if you wish without it having any effect on your current selection.

What about again applying for DV 2014? We have AS3XXX for 2013. Is it okay to apply for this next years too???

Thanks.

It seems that this year, they haven't been prompt in processing G-1145. I don't know any of people who sent their application on October 1st that has received a notification. Some of us has received the NOA the other day. you should hear soon.

Hello Guys,

After reading the DV AOS 2012 and 2011 topics, I noticed that most people get the notification of NOA by text before their checks are cashed. My check has been cashed but still no NOA and I included the G-1145 in my application.

Others who have received NOA was it after your check was cashed? Thanks

Oh well, my wife's case number is 2013AS000025XX. The cutoff for Asia in October is 1900, and it's 2350 in November. Assuming the same rate of change of 450 (2350-1900=450) then the cutoff for December would be 2800, which would include our number. I'm counting my blessing though, it could have been a number that's current in June, which considering the 3-4 months processing time would be nerve-wracking.

I wonder if they use a different numbering scheme this year, and if this has anything to do with the non-random problem they experienced for DV2012?

Another Disappointing Day for asian DV 2013 winners as november visa bulletin is out today And as expected asia still has a very low cut off numbers for december. Started loosing my hope now :(((((

DV 2013AS000065XX

Don't lose heart re: asian dv 2013 and anyone with a high number

Africans are clearly favored, it's unfair.

Hey guys,

One of the lessons I learned doing my aos these past few months is that ultimately it doesn't matter how high your number is. They all get current and USCIS will bend over backwards to help you as long as you're persistent because they know their asses are on the line. I would advise you guys to read over dv 2012 and dv 2011 and you will see that NO ONE who did dos, regarding how high their number, did not get the gc. Our year was the first year where in June, for some unknown reason, ALL the numbers were current. You think that there is a predictable rhyme and reason to this but then you find out there truly isn't. For example I filed my aos in May this year but it wasn't until Sep 19 that I had my interview. One lady on here who was directly after me that day had sent in her aos in august and had an interview same day as me. We even had one person apply a month before the deadline, have their application sent across the country only to have it brought back on the last day and have their interview done right there and then while doing an infopass (making an appointment to go to the local USCIS office. USCIS may give you trouble but they know that they HAVE to approve you by Sep 30. A guy in our forum last year who hired an immigration attorney told him that dv lottery files normally have a time sensitive red sticker on them so the guys at USCIS know they have to get their act together.

The point is you soon find out that no matter how high your number is, you're at least 95% likely it will be approved. And remember that just because john doe who's number was current in October took 5 months to get approved, does not mean that jane doe's who's number is current in August will take that long. Experience is the later your number is current, the QUICKER everything takes because USCIS knows their working to a deadline. hope this helps.