• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

OMG, I just got my interview letter in the mail, I have to show up there in less than two weeks. I just had my fingers print taken last week. I'm so happy, can't believe it.

They wanted me in the letter to take my school ID with me, my school ID expired way before my graduation date and I never renewed it. I emailed my advisor to see what I can do about it. Any ideas?
Thank you all for your help!
Good luck everyone!
Well if ur still a student you can show ur I 20. For identification you can use ur drivers license, state id or your passport. Congrats on the letter n All the best for interview.

Finally got our interview letter :). It is going to be this thursday.

A few concerns,

1. Do i need to have an updated I-485 to include my child who was borned in US after submitting I-485?
2. As they are asking for documents to prove that our marriage is bonafide, would it be a good idea to take our 3 month old child to interview?
3. Does USCIS even allow us to take child with us? Is there any specific rules on this ( not able to find good information on the web) ?

As always, your suggestions and advices are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Friends,
An important question. We just got our NOA and bio letter today and we have an appointment on August 7th, so we have to do walk-in. we live in Miami,anybody tried walk-in in Miami?
are they strict about that? Do we need to convince them or just behave normal?

2013AS000093**
May 2012: wife selected
May 2013: current for July
June 2013: Medicals done, DV fees paid for 2 and got receipt in 10 days
6/29/13: AOS package sent to Chicago
7/1/13 : Delivery
7/10/13 :Text and Email
7/15/13 :NOA
7/15/13 :Bio letter for August 7th
?? :Interview letter
?? :Approval

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go when it's not crowded, they let you in. No need to convince. I just told the officer my appointment is in 2 weeks, may I do walk-in, he looked at inside, nobody was there (iot was around 1pm)
and he said it's fine.

Try to do walk-in. Even if they don't let you in, you won't lose anything and you can go back on your appointment.
Friends,
An important question. We just got our NOA and bio letter today and we have an appointment on August 7th, so we have to do walk-in. we live in Miami,anybody tried walk-in in Miami?
are they strict about that? Do we need to convince them or just behave normal?

2013AS000093**
7/15/13 :Bio letter for August 7th

Hi everyone,

My interview is at 7:15 AM!!!
I checked the USCIS office hours, it starts at 8AM.
When I should be there?

Thanks

Hello,

Send my package at July 1st. Didn't get any notification by email or text, but just found out that the checks were cashed.
What does it mean? Is it a good sign?
Thanks!!

Hi, I just did my bio, when should I expect change in my case status? It is still in acceptance.

2013AS00009***
7/15/13 :Bio letter for 8/7/13
7/16/13 :Bio done (Walk-in)

Really? so it stays on acceptance? when does my file transfer to FO? so I can ask them by infopass to expedite.

Friends,
I need your advice regarding our case.
We have received the I-131 document and also an invitation letter to appear at Detroit office on July 29 and bring basically the same documents we submitted with the i-485. we are planning a trip to overseas home country and the time is really tight. The trip starts on August 3rd (leaving USA.). I am a little afraid abt the process, I saw many people in this thread getting CPO the same day as their interview, which means we can request a stamp on our passports the same day or the next day thru infopass if it applies to us. However, I saw that Detroit office similar to many other offices is likely to issue a CPO after 1 week of interview which may not work for us. If this is the case for us, will we be able to leave without a stamp and use the travel document for return ? or is there something else we need to do ?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Really? so it stays on acceptance? when does my file transfer to FO? so I can ask them by infopass to expedite.

I did infopass today. They confirmed my file is in FO. I asked for expedition request, they said it is not possible. But they did confirm my File is in FO which is a good news.
Regarding the expedition, I guess it may vary from officer to officer, I am not sure...

thanks, how long after your bio you went to FO? I just did it today, when should I go? I made an appointment for July 30th.

thanks, how long after your bio you went to FO? I just did it today, when should I go?

I did my bio on 6/6/2013. Today is 7/16/2013. I took this appointment something like 20 days back though. It is really tough to get appointments. I actually tried the call back with the L2 officer on the phone previously like a week ago, They said it is 3 to 5 days and i am still waiting for tat call back !!! think infopass is better.