• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Noticed that too. Bad netiquette indeed!

aaw, he's probably just scared and nervous guys :) maybe the more its posted the more urgent it seems..which it is~ Or maybe he forgot his email/username..

although, dude, you could come back and at least say thanks to them? And don't be scared they're actually realllly nice people hehe :)

my mom! dont call her that!!
But good luck emi :) any update on ur case yet? I called uscis yesterday, they told me my interview letter may arrive in 'a couple of months'..

Quite possessive, ehy? :rolleyes:

I'll say more like a couple of days, and not months, you'll see :)

Hi everyone,
Is there anyone to talk to (USCIS, KCC, anyone else maybe) if I didn't get any notification since I sent my package (July 1st) and my personal check haven't been cashed yet?

Quite possessive, ehy? :rolleyes:

I'll say more like a couple of days, and not months, you'll see :)

same with me. The second officer was rude. He asked me why I didn't send my package earlier and said that if I don't get my interview letter on time it's my chance.

Yes, its delivered, but didn't get anything yet..)-;

It's unfortunate you haven't received an acceptance notice yet, but I'm sure you'll get them shortly. Your case doesn't sound like there should be cause for concern at the moment, in my opinion. If you take a look at the timelines spreadsheet, it will give you an idea of the standard/average time frame of receiving the acceptance notice.

Thanks!! I hope I'm gonna get it soon..
Is there anyone that I can call and ask about it at this stage?

Thanks!! I hope I'm gonna get it soon..
Is there anyone that I can call and ask about it at this stage?

Goosh! I feel like I've been talking to myself all these while. Did you check the timeline spreadsheet like I suggested? Even if there's a number to call, I don't think your case has experienced an unusual delay so far. We've seen instances where people's applications got delivered on the 1st of the month, and they only got the acceptance text/email around the 17th or even as far as the 25th of the month, while others got it within a week or so of delivery.

I'm guessing you sent the documents with delivery tracking which should atleast put your mind at rest that it made it safely to the Chicago Lockbox. And if your package is rejected (God forbid) because of missing signature or some other reason, you will equally get it in the next couple of days also. There's really no point stressing yourself over and over at this stage IMO!

We had our interview yesterday in NY and we got approved! So glad this is all over! This was our third year of trying the lottery and it has been such a journey. We couldn't have have done it without the help from this forum so thank you all that have contributed with your experiences and knowledge. We arrived at 9 and were out by 9.45 and spent most of our time in the security line at the entrance. The interviewing FO was a bit grumpy and wasn't going to entertain any humour so was very straightforward with her questions and request for evidence. She asked for my KCC notification letter (my husband is the principal applicant) so we were trying to explain to her that I didn't have one addressed to me because only the principal applicant gets the notification with the barcode. She also asked to see the original marriage certificate and our birth certificates as verfication. She wanted another copy of the marriage certificate and copies of the affidavit of support and the supporting documents because basically each persons file should have the same shared information which I hadn't thought of. I should have brought copies of 'everything' as a back up. The FO just photocopied the marriage certificate there and then. She took the I-94 cards out of our passports but didn't stamp anything. She asked my husband whether he was in status and wanted proof of that so he showed her his current visa in his passport. She asked my husband the huge list of questions in the I-485 and then just asked me if i understood the questions and if I had done anything wrong which i answered 'no'. Then she told us we were approved and to expect our greencards in 4-6 weeks at the most 6-8 weeks. We are so relieved it is over and will be glad to get greencards in hand! Don't get too hung up on how long things are taking unless it is unusually long, stressing about it doesn't make things go faster ;) . I checked with the spread sheet to see on average how long things were taking and actually i was pretty spot on, perhaps NY doesn't have too many delays. To be honest calling USCIS doesn't really help much as the people on the phone have only very general information. Good luck to everyone still in the process and all the best.

We had our interview yesterday in NY and we got approved! So glad this is all over! This was our third year of trying the lottery and it has been such a journey. We couldn't have have done it without the help from this forum so thank you all that have contributed with your experiences and knowledge. We arrived at 9 and were out by 9.45 and spent most of our time in the security line at the entrance. The interviewing FO was a bit grumpy and wasn't going to entertain any humour so was very straightforward with her questions and request for evidence. She asked for my KCC notification letter (my husband is the principal applicant) so we were trying to explain to her that I didn't have one addressed to me because only the principal applicant gets the notification with the barcode. She also asked to see the original marriage certificate and our birth certificates as verfication. She wanted another copy of the marriage certificate and copies of the affidavit of support and the supporting documents because basically each persons file should have the same shared information which I hadn't thought of. I should have brought copies of 'everything' as a back up. The FO just photocopied the marriage certificate there and then. She took the I-94 cards out of our passports but didn't stamp anything. She asked my husband whether he was in status and wanted proof of that so he showed her his current visa in his passport. She asked my husband the huge list of questions in the I-485 and then just asked me if i understood the questions and if I had done anything wrong which i answered 'no'. Then she told us we were approved and to expect our greencards in 4-6 weeks at the most 6-8 weeks. We are so relieved it is over and will be glad to get greencards in hand! Don't get too hung up on how long things are taking unless it is unusually long, stressing about it doesn't make things go faster ;) . I checked with the spread sheet to see on average how long things were taking and actually i was pretty spot on, perhaps NY doesn't have too many delays. To be honest calling USCIS doesn't really help much as the people on the phone have only very general information. Good luck to everyone still in the process and all the best.

Congrats !
Please update the spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE#gid=0

OMG, I just got my interview letter in the mail, I have to show up there in less than two weeks. I just had my fingers print taken last week. I'm so happy, can't believe it.

They wanted me in the letter to take my school ID with me, my school ID expired way before my graduation date and I never renewed it. I emailed my advisor to see what I can do about it. Any ideas?

Thank you all for your help!

Good luck everyone!