• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Travel OS before AOS filed

Hi,

I was selected in the DV 2013 lottery, and filed forms DSP 122 and DS 230. I received email confirmation that I can proceed with AOS. I am in the US atm, can I still travel overseas at this time before I file the I-485 with USCIS? Travel would be in August and would return before I file the I-485 in October. Any info is appreciated, thanks!

eligibility to adjust status

Hello everyone and thank you for your helpful comments.

I am selected for further processing of DV lottery.
I'm currently in US on F1 visa and never be out of status. I decided to do AOS.

My case number is 2013AS00009***

I received NL2 via email few days age. I wanna send the DV fee 330$ to US department of state. but I am confused about something.

on the website it's said that:
"If USCIS confirms your eligibility to adjust status you should print this message and take it to your local USCIS office."

How I can get the confirmation from USCIS for my eligibility?

what does "eligibility" means exactly in this case?

You don't need to go to USCIS.

If you have never been out of status, you are eligible to do AOS.

Just sent the receipt form, check, and self-addressed envelope to them. Then wait till your number becomes current.

Hello everyone and thank you for your helpful comments.

I am selected for further processing of DV lottery.
I'm currently in US on F1 visa and never be out of status. I decided to do AOS.

My case number is 2013AS00009***

I received NL2 via email few days age. I wanna send the DV fee 330$ to US department of state. but I am confused about something.

on the website it's said that:
"If USCIS confirms your eligibility to adjust status you should print this message and take it to your local USCIS office."

How I can get the confirmation from USCIS for my eligibility?

what does "eligibility" means exactly in this case?

To my knowledge there is no problem to travel before you submit I-485. Just make sure that you're fine to re-enter the United States since you are on a visa. If you have to reapply for visa I recommend you to talk to someone expert.

Hi,

I was selected in the DV 2013 lottery, and filed forms DSP 122 and DS 230. I received email confirmation that I can proceed with AOS. I am in the US atm, can I still travel overseas at this time before I file the I-485 with USCIS? Travel would be in August and would return before I file the I-485 in October. Any info is appreciated, thanks!

what's next step

You don't need to go to USCIS.

If you have never been out of status, you are eligible to do AOS.

Just sent the receipt form, check, and self-addressed envelope to them. Then wait till your number becomes current.

Thank you for your reply.
I paid 330$ fee, and now i wanna know what's the next step?

should i wait till my visa number be current then fill the forms and send them to USCIS?
Can i have my medical exams now or it should be after filing the forms?

thank you

when your received the receipt there is not that much to do for now. you really have to wait to become current.

for now you can do several things:

-check the medical test, to see where you are going to get it done. check if you need to get any vaccines. you can do the medicals since the result is good for one year. I personally prefer to wait a little longer until mid August. You need to do the test before submitting I-485 since you have to include the results.

-you can check other threads from previous year's winners and read about required documents. start preparing those. you my need to bring some of them from your home country e.g. high school diploma, immunization documents, birth certificate, etc. If they are not english get the them translated.

Thank you for your reply.
I paid 330$ fee, and now i wanna know what's the next step?

should i wait till my visa number be current then fill the forms and send them to USCIS?
Can i have my medical exams now or it should be after filing the forms?

thank you

Aos fee

Hello

I am also selectee for dv 2013. i need to ask cuple questions.

1- i live in Texas. I already send ds 122-230 forms, i recieve aos letter by e mail. my question is do i have to pay aos fee 330 right away. i talk to kentucky they told me to wait till my visa current. what happens if i pay already? i dont understand the reason to wait.

2- To completee green card process would you recommend me to hire a lawyer?

Thanks

when your received the receipt there is not that much to do for now. you really have to wait to become current.

for now you can do several things:

-check the medical test, to see where you are going to get it done. check if you need to get any vaccines. you can do the medicals since the result is good for one year. I personally prefer to wait a little longer until mid August. You need to do the test before submitting I-485 since you have to include the results.

-you can check other threads from previous year's winners and read about required documents. start preparing those. you my need to bring some of them from your home country e.g. high school diploma, immunization documents, birth certificate, etc. If they are not english get the them translated.

Thank you for your comments.

I'm phd student. is my MSC degree or letter from university showing i'm phd student enough or I should have my high school diploma?

You can do your medical exam 2 to 3 months before your number becomes current on the visa bulletin.

Many people were asked by the immigration officer to show their original high school diploma regardless of the advanced degree program they've enrolled in, but others did not. This being said, it is safe to have it handy on the day of the interview in the event the officer asks for it.

Thank you for your comments.

I'm phd student. is my MSC degree or letter from university showing i'm phd student enough or I should have my high school diploma?

Nothing bad happens if you have already paid your DV fee.

What is your case number so I can tell you when your can send your AOS package to the USCIS?

You do not have to hire a lawyer if you have been in status the whole time in the US.

Hello

I am also selectee for dv 2013. i need to ask cuple questions.

1- i live in Texas. I already send ds 122-230 forms, i recieve aos letter by e mail. my question is do i have to pay aos fee 330 right away. i talk to kentucky they told me to wait till my visa current. what happens if i pay already? i dont understand the reason to wait.

2- To completee green card process would you recommend me to hire a lawyer?

Thanks

Nothing bad happens if you have already paid your DV fee.

What is your case number so I can tell you when your can send your AOS package to the USCIS?

You do not have to hire a lawyer if you have been in status the whole time in the US.

Yes i have been in USA 1,5 years with h1b visa. My case number 2013EU00003*** .

You have a very low case number, which is excellent! This being said, you can go ahead and send your AOS package on September 30. You can't send it before Sep 30 because submission of AOS packages based on the DV program starts on October 1, 2013.

Here's the link to the Visa Bulletin: http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

Yes i have been in USA 1,5 years with h1b visa. My case number 2013EU00003*** .

I-485 Application Type

Hello everyone,

I was looking at the form I-485. I would like to start filling the forms earlier so that I have enough time to check the information on the forms.

I was wondering what we should choose for the application type on the first page. I read in this forum that people use option "a". here: http://forums.immigration.com/showt...plication-type-for-a-diversity-immigrant-visa

but the instructions specifically says to choose "h" and write Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Copy of lottery letter attached.

which one is correct?

thank you

"Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Copy of lottery letter attached" is the correct answer.

Hello everyone,

I was looking at the form I-485. I would like to start filling the forms earlier so that I have enough time to check the information on the forms.

I was wondering what we should choose for the application type on the first page. I read in this forum that people use option "a". here: http://forums.immigration.com/showt...plication-type-for-a-diversity-immigrant-visa

but the instructions specifically says to choose "h" and write Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Copy of lottery letter attached.

which one is correct?

thank you

Amine is right.

"Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Copy of lottery letter attached" is the correct response.

Hello everyone,

which one is correct?

thank you

My Current Steps, Please Advise

Dear,

Thank you for helping and sharing all information :)

I have been doing homework for this DV program, below signature is my current steps(IF any wrong, please Advise me..) And, please advise my 3 questions below. Thank you very much.

1. After receiving DV Adjustment, DV fee paid Email Letter, I contacted KCC in regards to the timeframe to pay DV fee($660), they informed to check on Aug 15 and pay until my visa number is current. Thus, should I pay the fee to DOS now?

2. After paying the fee now, will me and my wife only need to do health examination and prepare I485 package? What are other forms needed to be sent in I485 package?

3. If on 8/15, my visa number is current in Oct. The earliest date to send the package is on 10/1, right? Will me and my wife most likely to have interview in late Oct?

Case number is 2013AS0000005*
05-1-2012 DV-2013 Selectee
05-01-2012 Mailed DSP-122 to KCC , 06-01-2012 send DSP-230(for me and wife) to KCC
06-21-2012 (DV Adjustment) and (DV fee paid) Email Letter received

As 7/26, fee has not paid to DOS yet.

? $660 AOS fee mailed to DOS
? Diversity Fee Receipt via mail
? Medicals Done
? AOS Package Mailed
? I-485 accecptance
? Check Cashed
? E-notification received
? Biometrics Done
? Interview and Card Production

1- You can go ahead and submit your DV fee to DOS now if you want, especially that you have a low case number (which is very good).

2- I would also suggest you go ahead and do your medical examination sometime around the first week of August and then start putting together your I-485 package.

3- You can send your I-485 package on September 30 (via Express Mail). How early you will receive your interview letter depends on how busy your USCIS field office is. You can expect to receive your interview letter between 1.5 months to 3.5 months from the date the USCIS receives your I-485 package.

Dear,

Thank you for helping and sharing all information :)

I have been doing homework for this DV program, below signature is my current steps(IF any wrong, please Advise me..) And, please advise my 3 questions below. Thank you very much.

1. After receiving DV Adjustment, DV fee paid Email Letter, I contacted KCC in regards to the timeframe to pay DV fee($660), they informed to check on Aug 15 and pay until my visa number is current. Thus, should I pay the fee to DOS now?

2. After paying the fee now, will me and my wife only need to do health examination and prepare I485 package? What are other forms needed to be sent in I485 package?

3. If on 8/15, my visa number is current in Oct. The earliest date to send the package is on 10/1, right? Will me and my wife most likely to have interview in late Oct?

Case number is 2013AS0000005*
05-1-2012 DV-2013 Selectee
05-01-2012 Mailed DSP-122 to KCC , 06-01-2012 send DSP-230(for me and wife) to KCC
06-21-2012 (DV Adjustment) and (DV fee paid) Email Letter received

As 7/26, fee has not paid to DOS yet.

? $660 AOS fee mailed to DOS
? Diversity Fee Receipt via mail
? Medicals Done
? AOS Package Mailed
? I-485 accecptance
? Check Cashed
? E-notification received
? Biometrics Done
? Interview and Card Production

Thank you Amine for your advise!

In regards to your answer # 3, if USCIS received package on 10/3(for example), normal time receiving an interview letter is est 1.5 - 3.5 month. Will that mean no interview will be scheduled in Oct, and the earliest interview date might be around late Nov for everyone?

1- You can go ahead and submit your DV fee to DOS now if you want, especially that you have a low case number (which is very good).

2- I would also suggest you go ahead and do your medical examination sometime around the first week of August and then start putting together your I-485 package.

3- You can send your I-485 package on September 30 (via Express Mail). How early you will receive your interview letter depends on how busy your USCIS field office is. You can expect to receive your interview letter between 1.5 months to 3.5 months from the date the USCIS receives your I-485 package.

Not for everyone, no... Again, as I said, not all USCIS field offices have the same processing times, and November would be the earliest an interview letter may be sent to you.

Thank you Amine for your advise!

In regards to your answer # 3, if USCIS received package on 10/3(for example), normal time receiving an interview letter is est 1.5 - 3.5 month. Will that mean no interview will be scheduled in Oct, and the earliest interview date might be around late Nov for everyone?

Address change..

I do have a question about address change. The address that I used to submit DV application back in Oct, 2011 has changed now. I sent DSP 122 and mentioned new address. In this case, do I need to change address to USCIS? or KCC will sent the changed information to USCIS for further processing. The selection letter (1NL) does have old address but I changed that during DSP 122 submission.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.