• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

I think the list of vaccines that you have mentioned in your post has some unnecessary ones. This list is for people doing CP process. Even for them, this list might slightly change depending on the country that they are going to be interviewed.

I met with a civil surgeon in my town last week and he mentioned these vaccines:
Td
MMR
Hepatitis B
Varicella (chicken pox)
Influenza (anual flue shots) --> this is required only if it is a flu season

Please keep that in mind that these requirements also change based on the age of the applicant. For complete information please see the table at the end of the page in this link with title Table: Requirements for routine vaccination of adjustment of status applicants who are not fully vaccinated or lack documentation. ( http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugee...vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html )

So, for example most of the students who are on F-1 visa have already received these shots as a part of immunization requirements from the school. It seems that the Td test result is only valid for 6 month. See everybody needs to take that test anyway.

I hope this helps the people to know the requirements and not to pay extra for unnecessary vaccines.

I went to a doctor of I-693. I already had some required vaccination and records and I was administered Tetanus as per Doctor's suggestion yesterday. But, I wonder he did not talk about Varicella. When I see the instructions from USCIS, it looks it is one of the important vaccines (see link below). I have not yet got my paper back, so, I can take that vaccine and he will fill up that if required??? Any ideas?

I went to a doctor of I-693. I already had some required vaccination and records and I was administered Tetanus as per Doctor's suggestion yesterday. But, I wonder he did not talk about Varicella. When I see the instructions from USCIS, it looks it is one of the important vaccines (see link below). I have not yet got my paper back, so, I can take that vaccine and he will fill up that if required??? Any ideas?

Here is the link from USCIS about vaccination/waiver..
http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-18922/0-0-0-18926.html

FYI

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...n-Medicals-Vaccinations&p=2568320#post2568320

Best!

Dudas

Yo soy una cubana residende en estados unidos con PRE en mi pasaporte cubano, he viajado a Cuba en otras ocaciones conmi PRE. Pero ahora me dicen que necesito habilitar mi pasaporte, es realmente necesario, cuando demora este proceso? Si deseo viajar a Cuba desde Canada que necesito, tendre problemas al salir de cuba con permiso de residencia permanente en Estados Unidos, Canada me dejara entrar sin problemas. Como mi hijo que es ciudadano de otro pais puede obtener visa para entrar a cuba desde canada. Gracias por su ayuda

Yo soy una cubana residende en estados unidos con PRE en mi pasaporte cubano, he viajado a Cuba en otras ocaciones conmi PRE. Pero ahora me dicen que necesito habilitar mi pasaporte, es realmente necesario, cuando demora este proceso? Si deseo viajar a Cuba desde Canada que necesito, tendre problemas al salir de cuba con permiso de residencia permanente en Estados Unidos, Canada me dejara entrar sin problemas. Como mi hijo que es ciudadano de otro pais puede obtener visa para entrar a cuba desde canada. Gracias por su ayuda

Please make the effort to write in ENGLISH!

Help Needed

Hi,
I have an urgent question regarding SSN and A number. I have A number on my Work Authorization for work off campus,but I ended up not using it, because I got a job as TA at the University. After getting the job as TA, I got a SSN from the University. My Work Authorization has expired. My question is when I fill the forms should I use my SSN or my A number (expired) or both?
Thank you for your help.

Dsp 122

Hi,
I'm also a selectee DV2013 and I'm planinng AOS cause I'm already in the U.S.
I called the KCC and they said, I have to sent DSP 122 and the barcode.

Now I saw, many other fellow winners sent 2 photos to the KCC - why?

Butterfly82,

I didn't send the photos and I got the confirmation letter from KCC.

I think it is optional. Anyway, if you have photos it does not hurt to send them along with the documents.

Best wishes,

Hi,
I'm also a selectee DV2013 and I'm planinng AOS cause I'm already in the U.S.
I called the KCC and they said, I have to sent DSP 122 and the barcode.

Now I saw, many other fellow winners sent 2 photos to the KCC - why?

Toto68,

I understood from older threads in this forum that the A number on OPT does not count for AOS. you should say that you don't have an alien number.

By the way, where these questions are asked? are you filling out I-485 forms?

Hi,
I have an urgent question regarding SSN and A number. I have A number on my Work Authorization for work off campus,but I ended up not using it, because I got a job as TA at the University. After getting the job as TA, I got a SSN from the University. My Work Authorization has expired. My question is when I fill the forms should I use my SSN or my A number (expired) or both?
Thank you for your help.

Toto68,

I understood from older threads in this forum that the A number on OPT does not count for AOS. you should say that you don't have an alien number.

By the way, where these questions are asked? are you filling out I-485 forms?

In the moment I am filling I-693, and it asks for A number and SSN. Also, I-485 and G-325A asks for both of them. I am not referring to OPT, I got Employment Authorization Card which has expired and on it there is A number. As I mentioned earlier I didn't use it to work because I got a TA position at the University and a SSN. Shall I fill both numbers in the form?
Thank you for your help.

Again, I am not an expert with this matter. I read similar posts on older threads and they instructed no to put A number from the Employment Authorization Card. But you might want to double check with people who had similar situation.

If you want to work on I-485 material right now, that absolutely fine. But be careful not to submit it until there is a visa number available for your. which is going to be anytime after October.

Bests,

In the moment I am filling I-693, and it asks for A number and SSN. Also, I-485 and G-325A asks for both of them. I am not referring to OPT, I got Employment Authorization Card which has expired and on it there is A number. As I mentioned earlier I didn't use it to work because I got a TA position at the University and a SSN. Shall I fill both numbers in the form?
Thank you for your help.

Please help me

I also won the DV lottery 2013.
And I submitted all the required forms (dsp forms) in 20 june 2012.
I didn't get any receipt or response from KCC. What will be my next step?
Should I need to contact them?
Are they sending confirm mail from registered post or any email?

Please some one help me!

Thanks a lot. Have a good day!

I also won the DV lottery 2013.
And I submitted all the required forms (dsp forms) in 20 june 2012.
I didn't get any receipt or response from KCC. What will be my next step?
Should I need to contact them?
Are they sending confirm mail from registered post or any email?

Please some one help me!

Thanks a lot. Have a good day!

From a personal observation, the trend seems to be that KCC responds about 6-8 weeks of receiving the forms. Take note though, that mailing date is not the same as 'date received'. If you sent your forms via a confirmed delivery system, then I suggest you relax and simply wait it out. If there's still no contact from KCC after 8 weeks of confirmed delivery, then you might want to consider sending an email to KCC. Remember to include your CN, Full Name and DOB in any email correspondence to KCC.

Good luck!

similar hesyW

From a personal observation, the trend seems to be that KCC responds about 6-8 weeks of receiving the forms. Take note though, that mailing date is not the same as 'date received'. If you sent your forms via a confirmed delivery system, then I suggest you relax and simply wait it out. If there's still no contact from KCC after 8 weeks of confirmed delivery, then you might want to consider sending an email to KCC. Remember to include your CN, Full Name and DOB in any email correspondence to KCC.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot

Good luck!

I would have said the same, 6/8 weeks but I sent my forms on 5/10/12, and I haven't received anything yet from them.
I called 2 weeks ago, they said they received my documents but still haven't processed them yet.

Address Changed

Hi Guys,

I just joined this great forum and found it very useful for the questions I had so far. My name is among those selected for DV 2013. Since when I registered till now my address is changed, but all the letters that I receive from KCC including the AOS confirmation have my old address even though I put my current address in the cover letter that I sent along with DS-122. Do you know what should I do to update my address? Is it important? I would appreciate it if you could tell me if you have any experiences.

Thanks,
Hamid

Step #1: Go to the post office and fill out a change of address form

Step #2: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Hi Guys,

I just joined this great forum and found it very useful for the questions I had so far. My name is among those selected for DV 2013. Since when I registered till now my address is changed, but all the letters that I receive from KCC including the AOS confirmation have my old address even though I put my current address in the cover letter that I sent along with DS-122. Do you know what should I do to update my address? Is it important? I would appreciate it if you could tell me if you have any experiences.

Thanks,
Hamid

I would have said the same, 6/8 weeks but I sent my forms on 5/10/12, and I haven't received anything yet from them.
I called 2 weeks ago, they said they received my documents but still haven't processed them yet.

I finally received today email confirmation from KCC. Almost 10 weeks after I sent the forms and photos.

I won DV 2013,just me not the whole family. I recently sent DSP122 saying that I will do AOS and the 330 fee as well. But, My parents might be getting devorce. I might have to be go back home to take care of some stuffs, since my mom does not know much and she needs my help. And when I go back it might take a long time anyway.

Here are my questions..

- Have you ever heard of anyone who sent DSP 122 and changed their mind later? Can it be done?

I sent an email to them but have not heard anything from them yet.

- I already sent the 330 fee, I wonder If I do CP,do I have to pay that same fee any way or I just lost my 330$ for nothing.

Well, if just have to let 330 go, it is fine. Just gonna be a little sad.