• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

The form in the link is good.

You can go ahead and pay your DV fee anytime; you don't have to receive confirmation of receipt from KCC to do that. If you want, you can call KCC and ask if they received your documents.

Hello all,
I sent all my documents to the KCC on May 16. As of now, I have not received any sort of email from them stating that they completed processing my forms. Can someone clarify if I can go ahead and pay the Adjustment of Status Fee of $330 (I am in the U.S. legally) ? Also, do I just print out the form available here ( http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html ) or is there some other special receipt that I need to fill up?

Thanks

The form in the link is good.

You can go ahead and pay your DV fee anytime; you don't have to receive confirmation of receipt from KCC to do that. If you want, you can call KCC and ask if they received your documents.

That sounds great. Thanks!

Filing I-485 for child

Hi All,

I have question about filing I-485. Do I need to separately file I-485 for my daughter (3yrs old, F2 visa) or we can combined with in parent's application? My wife is principal applicant (F2 visa holder), I am graduate student (F1 visa). Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have a question about the USCIS processing times. Since I live in Oregon, I would be interacting with portland's field office.

I just checked the USCIS Processing Time Information webpage and I can see that for I-485 applications, the processing timeframe is December 21, 2011. I was wondering what this means. Does it mean that they are currently processing the applications that were received on December 21, 2011? If that is the case, should I be worried about it since we have September as the deadline for AOSers?

Loladvas13
I think once your cn becomes current possibly in October(low number), your application is not processed like typical I-485 cases. Uscis is cognizant of the fact that dv lottery has time constraints.
If you review the dv 2012 winners signatures currently processing their applications, you will notice that on average interviews are granted within 45 days of AOS check been cashed.

I had a question about the dv adjustment email you received. Was this from Kentucky and did you call or email them to send it? Reasoning ask is that this looks like a new step this do selection year that was not present n years past.

Minto64,

Thanks for your explanation about the interview time windows.

And with regard to the confirmation email, I did not request for anything. I didn't contact them at all. I received it from: KCCDV a.t. state dot gov after 40 days of submitting DS122.

The email subject goes like this: "my-case-number Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter"

Then, there is two pdf documents attached. one is a simple letter that explains the AOS procedure. It has a barcode. And there is another form which is to submit the $330 DV fee (form PC-160).

Loladvas13
I think once your cn becomes current possibly in October(low number), your application is not processed like typical I-485 cases. Uscis is cognizant of the fact that dv lottery has time constraints.
If you review the dv 2012 winners signatures currently processing their applications, you will notice that on average interviews are granted within 45 days of AOS check been cashed.

I had a question about the dv adjustment email you received. Was this from Kentucky and did you call or email them to send it? Reasoning ask is that this looks like a new step this do selection year that was not present n years past.

plate urtandi

I would not be worried about it. Though, you can always email or call them to confirm that they have received everything.

But I keep hearing this from the previous AOSers that all of these pre-steps (except for the $330 fee) are kind of optional. It does not heart if you don't send DS122 at all.

I think the most important step is the I-485. So, we can relax for now until our cases become current.

I sent the forms 2 months ago now, but still haven't received any email from them.

Can someone please help answer this question?

My own guess is that she does not need to file a seperate I-485.

Hi All,

I have question about filing I-485. Do I need to separately file I-485 for my daughter (3yrs old, F2 visa) or we can combined with in parent's application? My wife is principal applicant (F2 visa holder), I am graduate student (F1 visa). Thanks in advance.

Amine,

I might be wrong. But from the instructions posted for I-485, it seems that a separate I-485 must be filled.

2.A.
"If the spouse or child is in the United States, the individual derivatives may file their Form I-485 with Form I-485 for the principal applicant,..."

and number 14 in this form is also referring to something similar.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Amine, I think she does need to file a separate I-485 , my reference is I-485 instructions (who may file form section 2A) it mentions spouse or child. Parents will still list her on their applications as child. The biometrics is what may not be required for her as she is under 14. I think I read Under biometrics instructions that it is not required for hidden under 14. I may be wrong though, so confirm this last point on biometrics.

Thank you, loladvas13 and Minto64, for your input!

I now suggest the little girl fill out a seperate I-485.

Thank you, loladvas13 and Minto64, for your input!

I now suggest the little girl fill out a separate I-485.

Thank you loladvas13, Minto64 and Amine for your kind help. I really appreciate your responses.

I also have gone through those documents and still in confusion. Page 8 (about Filing fees), it also says, we need to pay AOS fee $635 for her if she intends to apply with us. That means, She also needs to file I-485 but with parents, right?? I am still not clear, but I will consult more information later and hope to end up a solution. If you guys find any relevant information, pls let me know.

Thanks alot.

This is my question too. I had MMR, Td, and Hepatitis B when I was coming to US for education four years ago. I would like to know what are the immunization requirements for AOSers already in the US. We appreciate if someone who has done the medicals recently can comment on that.

Thank you very much,
Although it was answered 11 days ago, here is the full list of vaccinations you are required to have. I actually went through the medical examination, and EVEN THOUGH I HAVE TAKEN ONE OF THESE AT LEAST ONCE during my lifetime; I had to take some of them AGAIN during the medical examination.
Being present in the States does not change anything in the requirements stated below (giving myself as an example), but it would be VERY useful if you are able to obtain your vaccination records; as they (the place where you'll be having your medical examination) will be happy to take a look at.

"United States Immigration Law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Instructions and procedural guides direct panel physicians who conduct immigrant visa medical examinations to verify that applicants have met the vaccination requirement, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Polio, Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids, Pertussis, Influenza Type B (HIB), Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Varicella, Pneumococcal, Influenza, Rotavirus, Meningococcal.
"

Another thing to note. MAKE SURE that whoever completes your medical examination puts HIS/HER INITIALS to seal the envelope where your I-693/Medical Examination form is enclosed. They sometimes refuse to do it, but tell them it is mandatory.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the list of vaccines that you have mentioned in your post has some unnecessary ones. This list is for people doing CP process. Even for them, this list might slightly change depending on the country that they are going to be interviewed.

I met with a civil surgeon in my town last week and he mentioned these vaccines:
Td
MMR
Hepatitis B
Varicella (chicken pox)
Influenza (anual flue shots) --> this is required only if it is a flu season

Please keep that in mind that these requirements also change based on the age of the applicant. For complete information please see the table at the end of the page in this link with title Table: Requirements for routine vaccination of adjustment of status applicants who are not fully vaccinated or lack documentation. ( http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugee...vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html )

So, for example most of the students who are on F-1 visa have already received these shots as a part of immunization requirements from the school. It seems that the Td test result is only valid for 6 month. See everybody needs to take that test anyway.

I hope this helps the people to know the requirements and not to pay extra for unnecessary vaccines.

Although it was answered 11 days ago, here is the full list of vaccinations you are required to have. I actually went through the medical examination, and EVEN THOUGH I HAVE TAKEN ONE OF THESE AT LEAST ONCE during my lifetime; I had to take some of them AGAIN during the medical examination.
Being present in the States does not change anything in the requirements stated below (giving myself as an example), but it would be VERY useful if you are able to obtain your vaccination records; as they (the place where you'll be having your medical examination) will be happy to take a look at.

"United States Immigration Law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Instructions and procedural guides direct panel physicians who conduct immigrant visa medical examinations to verify that applicants have met the vaccination requirement, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Polio, Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids, Pertussis, Influenza Type B (HIB), Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Varicella, Pneumococcal, Influenza, Rotavirus, Meningococcal.
"

Another thing to note. MAKE SURE that whoever completes your medical examination puts HIS/HER INITIALS to seal the envelope where your I-693/Medical Examination form is enclosed. They sometimes refuse to do it, but tell them it is mandatory.

DV Lotter 2013

Hi
I've been selected for DV-Lottery 2013 and I'm currently on F1 visa. I'm planning to Adjust my status.
I haven't sent my DPS-122 yet, because I've been told by USCIS officer that all I need to do is to adjust my status, but yesterday I've found out I have to send DPS-122 to Kentucky and $330.00 to Department of states.
I'm wondering if it's too late to do that?
if it's not I still have time, should I send DS-230 along with DPS-122?
Based on the questions in the form,I'm assuming that DS-230 is needed by selectees who are not in the U.S. But I wanna make sure, and don't wanna lose my opportunity of getting Green Card, because of not sending one simple form.
Do I need to send the fee at the same time I'm send the DPS-122 or I have to wait?
I would appreciate if someone helps me out.

It is not late at all! You have more than enough time to send these documents.

Send the DS-122, barcode page, and photos first. Once they confirmed by email, you can go ahead and pay the $330 fee.

Hi
I've been selected for DV-Lottery 2013 and I'm currently on F1 visa. I'm planning to Adjust my status.
I haven't sent my DPS-122 yet, because I've been told by USCIS officer that all I need to do is to adjust my status, but yesterday I've found out I have to send DPS-122 to Kentucky and $330.00 to Department of states.
I'm wondering if it's too late to do that?
if it's not I still have time, should I send DS-230 along with DPS-122?
Based on the questions in the form,I'm assuming that DS-230 is needed by selectees who are not in the U.S. But I wanna make sure, and don't wanna lose my opportunity of getting Green Card, because of not sending one simple form.
Do I need to send the fee at the same time I'm send the DPS-122 or I have to wait?
I would appreciate if someone helps me out.

DV-Lottery 2013

It is not late at all! You have more than enough time to send these documents.

Send the DS-122, barcode page, and photos first. Once they confirmed by email, you can go ahead and pay the $330 fee.

Thank you so much, I'm feeling better now. SO you're saying I don't need to send DS-230, right?
I have one more question, what is self-address stamped envelop, where can I get it?

If you are doing AOS here in america and you have no dependents, I am 100% sure that you don't need to submit DS-230. If your case is different, you should consult with other people.

self addressed envelope is nothing special. You just need to have a white envelope and a stamp. here is how you can make one:

http://www.wikihow.com/Send-an-S.A.S.E.-(Self-Addressed-Stamped-Envelope)

Good luck,

Thank you so much, I'm feeling better now. SO you're saying I don't need to send DS-230, right?
I have one more question, what is self-address stamped envelop, where can I get it?

Hi,
I have a question, I've already contacted KCC that I want to do AOS, can I change this back to the other (embassy) route?

Thanks

Hi,
I have a question, I've already contacted KCC that I want to do AOS, can I change this back to the other (embassy) route?

Thanks

By saying you've "already contacted KCC" indicating you want to do AOS, do you mean you've sent in DSP-122 to KCC? If that is the case, I suggest you email KCC to find out how to implement a change to CP.