• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2012 Kenyan Selectees login here!!

Tic Toc tic toc the clock is ticking fast forward to our dates that will forever change our lives......if you can kneel before the lord,who can't you stand against?

Amen to that, the Lord shall see us through, all the best in your upcoming interview

Those going for interviews in Nairobi

Hi 2012 Kenyan Selectees,

is it possible for those that have attended the interview in Nairobi to post their interview experience on this thread?

it would be good to know what is happening and whether the proof of Finances / affidavit of support or sponsor letter is required in Nairobi.

I know the 2011 selectees said these were not asked for.

Hi

Hi 2012 Kenyan Selectees,

is it possible for those that have attended the interview in Nairobi to post their interview experience on this thread?

it would be good to know what is happening and whether the proof of Finances / affidavit of support or sponsor letter is required in Nairobi.

I know the 2011 selectees said these were not asked for.

Keep trying don't give up.....guys are more active on the 2011 forum.

Second batch of winners for Africa in DV-2012

The maximum possible rank number scheduled in Cairo for May is AF42488 ( http://egypt.usembassy.gov/consular/iv8.html ) while cutoff for May is 50,000 for Africa. It is definitely much lower than cutoff.
The number of interview scheduled in Cairo also decreased in May (22 interviwes) versus April (64 interviews)
I suspect that the visa numbers exhausted for Africa. I think there is going to be a second batch of African winners in DV-2012. I suspect the maxumum possible number ever shown to winners is not more than AF43000. The problem is I see some people on the forum from Africa for DV-2012 rank number higher than 43000, even higher that 51000. I saw someone with rank number around AF75000. That contradicts my suspicion. Or it is just an exagerration and the real numbers are lower.

I want you guys with rank number higher than 43,000 to double check you are in fact higher and I want you to tell me if your interview has already been scheduled.

The maximum possible rank number scheduled in Cairo for May is AF42488 ( http://egypt.usembassy.gov/consular/iv8.html ) while cutoff for May is 50,000 for Africa. It is definitely much lower than cutoff.
The number of interview scheduled in Cairo also decreased in May (22 interviwes) versus April (64 interviews)
I suspect that the visa numbers exhausted for Africa. I think there is going to be a second batch of African winners in DV-2012. I suspect the maxumum possible number ever shown to winners is not more than AF43000. The problem is I see some people on the forum from Africa for DV-2012 rank number higher than 43000, even higher that 51000. I saw someone with rank number around AF75000. That contradicts my suspicion. Or it is just an exagerration and the real numbers are lower.

I want you guys with rank number higher than 43,000 to double check you are in fact higher and I want you to tell me if your interview has already been scheduled.

mine done AF 45+

Medical

I did my medical at IOM (Ngong 4th Avenue). It cost me 19,500. The fact that I'd had chicken pox before saved me around 5k.

Hi Kenweed,
I would like to know if I have to book an appointment for my medical exam or is it a walk-in and if I have to book an appointment can i book today and be examined tomorrow? Thanks.

Hi Kenweed,
I would like to know if I have to book an appointment for my medical exam or is it a walk-in and if I have to book an appointment can i book today and be examined tomorrow? Thanks.

Hi Moku, you're meant to book sometime before your intervew date. They will however schedule your appointment 1 week to your interview. So just go ahead and book. The earlier the better. All the best.

Enquiry-

Hi Kenweed and all the winners..

congrats for having got ur visa.All the glory goes back to God Almighty!

kindly advise...is it a requirement for a single person to give in proof of financial stand?

also...what really happens at the verification desk at the embassy? what exactly being verified(originals/photocopies?...)please help advise for those of us who are yet to go for the interviews? we just want to be very prepared.

many thanks in advance

kindly advise...is it a requirement for a single person to give in proof of financial stand?

also...what really happens at the verification desk at the embassy? what exactly being verified(originals/photocopies?...)please help advise for those of us who are yet to go for the interviews? we just want to be very prepared.

many thanks in advance

Hi YesuAfuga1, with regards to funds I wasn't asked about that the CO was keen though on my host and how we know each other.
On documents verification its basically your passport, birth certificate, police certificate of good conduct and your high school certificate.
Congrats on being selected trust in God through the journey and all will be well.

many thanks in advance

Hi Yesuafuga1,
When have you been slotted for the interview?

Hi

many thanks in advance

I went in as married and at the verification desk the lady told me to handover only copies of my originals excerpt for the Passports,medicals and police papers. At the end of it all she asked me if i had a sponsor in US to which i replied yes and she asked if i had any form from him and luckily i had the I-134 form but i was ready to hand-in my statements also.
Be confident and trust in God the visa is yours.

Hi

Thank you Kenweed and Dubai

your assistance has been very helpful.

my documents are sealed(with a thin transparent kind of seal).for protection purposes. would that affect their verification? i could removed the seals but they protect dox well.

Motu-- ma interview is like 2 days b4 yours..

All ma trust is in God Almighty!

again..thanks and GBU!

Hi Kenweed,Dubai,et al..

kindly let me know how long it would take one to get their passport from DHL after the interview..i need this info coz current am workin in Ug and will need to travel back.

also..when you mention the medical report being a requirement at the interview what exactly do/did u mean? coz when we went to IOM they remained with the medical report and only gave us back a checklist/receipt of some sorts....please..what would be expected of us to present in regards to the medicals?

many thanks..and God bless you!

Hi

Hi Kenweed,Dubai,et al..

kindly let me know how long it would take one to get their passport from DHL after the interview..i need this info coz current am workin in Ug and will need to travel back.

also..when you mention the medical report being a requirement at the interview what exactly do/did u mean? coz when we went to IOM they remained with the medical report and only gave us back a checklist/receipt of some sorts....please..what would be expected of us to present in regards to the medicals?

As for me i did my interview in Abu dhabi not in Nairobi, we left our passports there and picked them up after 1day. For the medicals i did my examinations first day and picked them up after 3days in a sealed envelope which was opened at the embassy only. I have read in some instances where the medicals are sent direct to the embassy. Maybe kenweed can shed more light regard Nairobi embassy.

Hi Kenweed,Dubai,et al..

YesuAfuga1, don't worry about your medical report IOM will deliver that to the consulate, on DHL delivery I picked mine after 3 days. I hope you've registered your details on this site http://usvisa-info.com/en-KE/selfservice/us_immigrant_visas

Enquiry-

Thanks to you Dubai-b and Kenweed.

I put all ma trust in the Creator.....my Lord!

GBU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to you Dubai-b and Kenweed.

I put all ma trust in the Creator.....my Lord!

GBU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YesuAfuga1 and Moku, all the best in your interviews God's blessings be with you.
dubai-b when do you intend to take your family to the states? I'm planning my exit mid-next month.

Completed my medicals today now just waiting for the D-Day.
All the best to the interviewees

Moku all the best, Worry not just have faith and all will be well.

Thanks Kenweed, My faith is at the top.

I have a question, is it a must to present my old password at the interview issued in 2002 and had my name mispelled only changed it last year?