• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2012 Kenyan Selectees login here!!

Encouraging

Not many people come here, but it is encouraging for me to see other signatures with CN's as high as mine with an AF on them. I usually check coz I heard that CP is faster and of more ease than AOS...so we will see.

Not many people come here, but it is encouraging for me to see other signatures with CN's as high as mine with an AF on them. I usually check coz I heard that CP is faster and of more ease than AOS...so we will see.

Hi,
Pls check ur inbox. Thnks.

March 2012 visa bulletin

Thank you kenweed.

or March, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2012 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA 35,800 Except: Egypt 26,000
Ethiopia 26,000
Nigeria 17,500
ASIA 27,000
EUROPE 26,500 Except: Uzbekistan 16,500
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 925
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 925

2012 winners

2012 winners lets share the experiences and what we have learnt. The march bulletin is out...who is current?

Hi

@kenweed
Please try and share your interview experience with us.

@kenweed we are waiting for your experience man.......I will be doing my cp in abu dhabi but am ready to read and listen to any kenyan experience of interview.
Lets all Pray for each other as we wait for the visas to be handed over to rightful owners.

Hi

Will be current in the same month i guess, though i will be doing my interview in abu dhabi.

Interview success!

Many thanks to the most high my visa application was approved, I will be picking it up in a week's time. I will post my entire interview eperience soon.

Many thanks to the most high my visa application was approved, I will be picking it up in a week's time. I will post my entire interview eperience soon.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! l know you will be coming with a success story.

Congrats

Success story it is! I picked up my visa today at DHL Sarit Center Thanks be to God.

Congratulations Kenweed on your success.
Kindly update us on your interview experience.
All the best on your travel plans.

Hi

Kenyan winners lets share everything we know or doubt about in this wonderful forum. If you check the Ghana forum its active with members encouraging or sharing ideas on interviews,getting documents,questions asked,etc. I don't think we are that perfect that nobody needs advice or encouragement.

Interview experience!!

Kenyan winners lets share everything we know or doubt about in this wonderful forum. If you check the Ghana forum its active with members encouraging or sharing ideas on interviews,getting documents,questions asked,etc. I don't think we are that perfect that nobody needs advice or encouragement.

Good people, I hope y'all doing great. Sorry I took quite some time to post my experience.
Here's my full interview experience.

My appointment was scheduled for 6:30. I got at the embassy at 6:15. Found like 20 people queuing.
Took to the queue, it took me like 10 minutes to get past the first security check at the gate. The security guys asked for my passport and appointment letter then they frisked me. That was all at the first check.
I proceeded to the next security check where there were like 50 people already queuing.
At the second security check there is a lady who verified our documents, passports appointment letters, I20's for student visas etc. After verification I took to the second queue, a security lady came and asked us to switch off our phones then we were allowed in 3 people at a time. While inside the second security check you're frisked and you're asked to leave your phone and / or electronic devices. After the check you're allowed in the embassy compound. Once in a security guy directed us in the embassy hall to get numbers, then we were asked to wait outside. Fyi its very cold out there wear warm clothing. We waited there for like 45 minutes. Numbers were building up slowly. There's a screen out there, whenever they call out your number on the intercom you can view it on the screen hence it was easy to follow. I was given a form to fill whether I met the education requirements and / or whether I’m married or single. After which you sign that you agree the visa fee is non-refundable.
My number came up and I was called to counter 1 where the lady took my finger prints. I was asked to go out and wait again. My second call up was for handing in my documents on counter 4 which I did, I was then asked to make payments, I paid around 73k then I was told to go out and wait for my interview.
After like 30 minutes my number came up and I went to face the CO on counter 7.
This is how it went down.

CO: Good morning Sir
ME: Morning Sir
CO:I'm going to ask you some questions but before I do that I will ask you to take an oath and swear that you will tell me the truth and that these documents are legitimate.
ME: I took oath.
CO: Sign here where I've marked X
Me: Signed
CO: Are you married?
ME: No.
CO: Any children?
Me: No
CO: Where are you going in US?
Me: I heard "why are you going to US?" I answered the default live work n study
CO: Sir could you be less vague, where will you be staying in the US?
ME: I answered.
CO: Do you know anyone there?
ME: yes
CO: who is she to you?
Me: I answered
CO: Then you know her very well right?
ME: I said yes
CO: Good enough! Is she married?
ME: I answered
CO: which skills do you have?
CO: What is you highest level of education?
CO: Where did you study?
CO: Great, when you see this smiley face it means your visa has been approved. As he handed back my documents.
ME: Thank you sir.
CO: While showing me a print out of the DHL courier service registration, please follow these instructions to get back your passport
ME: I have already registered
CO: Ohh great, enjoy the rest of the done your interview is over
ME: Thank you sir and enjoy your day too.

And that was it.

Two days later I got this email to collect my documents;

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

This email is to inform you that a document has been submitted to the courier by the U.S. consular section for return to you. On average, it takes one to two business days for the package to be available. The document is being sent via the courier option you selected at registration.

The air waybill tracking number for the package is xxxxxxxxxxxx. You will need this number to receive your document.

For additional information on the current tracking status of the document, the delivery location, or for a list of identification required to receive the document, please log into our website at http://usvisa-info.com.

Please remember that you must use your passport number, date of birth, and nationality to log into the system. For your reference, the passport number we have on file is: xxxxxxxxxx.

Your documents will be available for pick-up at:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Note:
Documents not retrieved within 20-30 days (depending on country) will be returned to the Embassy/ Consular Section.

For documents belonging to minors, parents must bring a copy of the birth certificate. If the person collecting the document is not a parent, you will need a notarized power of attorney and a photocopy of the ID of legal representative issuing the letter.

Changes made to the courier location after this notification, will not be processed.

Sincerely,

The Visa Information Service

I totally agree with dubai-b, we are not as active. This forum should really make life easy for all of us. From the medical to police to the actual interview process. Even travel plans and life after the green card.

I have seen case numbers as high as 80xxx, so your's is quite ok especially considering the way numbers are moving fast.

Good people, I hope y'all doing great. Sorry I took quite some time to post my experience.
Here's my full interview experience.

My appointment was scheduled for 6:30. I got at the embassy at 6:15. Found like 20 people queuing.
Took to the queue, it took me like 10 minutes to get past the first security check at the gate. The security guys asked for my passport and appointment letter then they frisked me. That was all at the first check.
I proceeded to the next security check where there were like 50 people already queuing.
At the second security check there is a lady who verified our documents, passports appointment letters, I20's for student visas etc. After verification I took to the second queue, a security lady came and asked us to switch off our phones then we were allowed in 3 people at a time. While inside the second security check you're frisked and you're asked to leave your phone and / or electronic devices. After the check you're allowed in the embassy compound. Once in a security guy directed us in the embassy hall to get numbers, then we were asked to wait outside. Fyi its very cold out there wear warm clothing. We waited there for like 45 minutes. Numbers were building up slowly. There's a screen out there, whenever they call out your number on the intercom you can view it on the screen hence it was easy to follow. I was given a form to fill whether I met the education requirements and / or whether I’m married or single. After which you sign that you agree the visa fee is non-refundable.
My number came up and I was called to counter 1 where the lady took my finger prints. I was asked to go out and wait again. My second call up was for handing in my documents on counter 4 which I did, I was then asked to make payments, I paid around 73k then I was told to go out and wait for my interview.
After like 30 minutes my number came up and I went to face the CO on counter 7.
This is how it went down.

CO: Good morning Sir
ME: Morning Sir
CO:I'm going to ask you some questions but before I do that I will ask you to take an oath and swear that you will tell me the truth and that these documents are legitimate.
ME: I took oath.
CO: Sign here where I've marked X
Me: Signed
CO: Are you married?
ME: No.
CO: Any children?
Me: No
CO: Where are you going in US?
Me: I heard "why are you going to US?" I answered the default live work n study
CO: Sir could you be less vague, where will you be staying in the US?
ME: I answered.
CO: Do you know anyone there?
ME: yes
CO: who is she to you?
Me: I answered
CO: Then you know her very well right?
ME: I said yes
CO: Good enough! Is she married?
CO: which skills do you have?
CO: What is you highest level of education?
CO: Where did you study?
CO: Great, when you see this smiley face it means your visa has been approved. As he handed back my documents.
ME: Thank you sir.
CO: While showing me a print out of the DHL courier service registration, please follow these instructions to get back your passport
ME: I have already registered
CO: Ohh great, enjoy the rest of the done your interview is over
ME: Thank you sir and enjoy your day too.

And that was it.

Two days later I got this email to collect my documents;

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

This email is to inform you that a document has been submitted to the courier by the U.S. consular section for return to you. On average, it takes one to two business days for the package to be available. The document is being sent via the courier option you selected at registration.

The air waybill tracking number for the package is xxxxxxxxxxxx. You will need this number to receive your document.

For additional information on the current tracking status of the document, the delivery location, or for a list of identification required to receive the document, please log into our website at http://usvisa-info.com.

Please remember that you must use your passport number, date of birth, and nationality to log into the system. For your reference, the passport number we have on file is: xxxxxxxxxx.

Your documents will be available for pick-up at:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Note:
Documents not retrieved within 20-30 days (depending on country) will be returned to the Embassy/ Consular Section.

For documents belonging to minors, parents must bring a copy of the birth certificate. If the person collecting the document is not a parent, you will need a notarized power of attorney and a photocopy of the ID of legal representative issuing the letter.

Changes made to the courier location after this notification, will not be processed.

Sincerely,

The Visa Information Service

I totally agree with dubai-b, we are not as active. This forum should really make life easy for all of us. From the medical to police to the actual interview process. Even travel plans and life after the green card.

Fellow that was a great but simple interview with visa delivery at your door step. l jealous you man.

Fellow that was a great but simple interview with visa delivery at your door step. l jealous you man.

Mantutu, yeah my interview was pretty much straight to the point. I didn't get my passport delivered to my door step though, I picked them up from some DHL drop off point which isn't far from where I work (maybe the difference is more or less then same).
Why do they take long to process your visa's in Ghana? That's like a month and a half right?
Anyways do you intend to travel immediately once you get your passport? Myself I'm planning to travel around April or May. That will give me time to raise enough money as well as finalize on some issues here at home.