• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2012 Kenyan Selectees login here!!

Travel to the USA for 2 weeks to activate visa.

Hi everyone,
I am new in the forum but I find it very informative.
I am a 2012 DV winner and I got my visa already.However I am currently living in a foreign country and it will take me a while to clear before relocating.What I want to know is;
1.Can I travel to the USA together with my family for 2 weeks only and activate our visas and then come back and clear up a few things then relocate permanently in 4-5 months time?
2.How would I be able to travel back again to the USA as I doubt if I will have received my green card in two weeks time?Are there forms I need to fill or any re entry permit before leaving the USA?Or can the card be mailed to me by my host?
3.Will these have any negative implication in future in case I decide to apply for naturalization?
Thanks in advance.

HI FORUMITES,LESS THAN TWO WEEKS TO GO.
I hope and pray that all will be well,i have a wife but we are not yet blessed with kids i hope they will not grill us saana

HI FORUMITES,LESS THAN TWO WEEKS TO GO.
I hope and pray that all will be well,i have a wife but we are not yet blessed with kids i hope they will not grill us saana

Nesh422, I am not a prophet of doom but be ready to proof that your marriage is not for the purpose of making the person u married benefit from your win and immigrate to the US! This you will have to proof or else loose your chance by getting a denial. Just a heads up. Good luck

thank i can now approximate when to expect my 2NL and my interview
C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN FEBRUARY

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2012 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 32,000 Except:
Egypt 21,000
Ethiopia 21,500
Nigeria 16,000

ASIA 23,900
EUROPE 22,000 Except: Uzbekistan 16,500
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 775
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 775

A pass port is valid as long as it is not expired do worry about now the current on looks like
I had applied for my passport in 2008 march then last week i saw the new look passport..my concern is will the US embassy accept my "old" passport or i have to apply for the new one, my passport expires in 2018, i would appreciate you response so that i can get ready to apply for another passport before my number becomes current....

hello forum members, a friend of mine has case no 2013AF000812xx and as the bulletin shows are moving so slowly he has given up that he wont make for interview what advise should i give him?