• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2012 Kenyan Selectees login here!!

Hi Guys,
Did my interview today and was denied the visa as I did not meet the educational requirement.
The mean grade for KCSE is C plain while I had C minus despite having a diploma in Legal studies.
End of the road for me. Thanks for your advise and encouragement.

Moku weigh your options and see whether you can salvage the situation. You'll need to read and enquire wide;
http://usvisa-info.com/en-KE/selfservice/us_visa_denied. In the meantime we will give you all the assistance we possibly can.

DHL pick-up

Hi Kenweed

thank you for your support and advice.

actually i havent received the mail nor the airway bill no.

i have sent an email to the adress you have sent me. however i had sent one earlier to the immigration svces and there was only an auto response.

actually am now going to the dhl office coz i cant travel to ug without ma p/p and am needed there ASAP.

again..thank u and GBU!!!!!!!!!

Hi

Hi Guys,
Did my interview today and was denied the visa as I did not meet the educational requirement.
The mean grade for KCSE is C plain while I had C minus despite having a diploma in Legal studies.

Everything happens with a reason and God has other plans for you. Its very courageous of you to report back and i salute you for that. Don't let it slow you down in life and take it in a positive way. When 1 door closes another one opens. You have immense info and i would suggest you still be active in the forum. Be blessed.

Hi Kenweed

thank you for your support and advice.

actually i havent received the mail nor the airway bill no.

i have sent an email to the adress you have sent me. however i had sent one earlier to the immigration svces and there was only an auto response.

actually am now going to the dhl office coz i cant travel to ug without ma p/p and am needed there ASAP.

again..thank u and GBU!!!!!!!!!

Hi yesuafuga1, did you finally get your visa? Myself I'm in the process of booking my ticket hoping to travel before the end of the month.

Delivery

Hi Kenweed,

thank you alot for asking and for your help..i got my passprt and visa on Monday the 11th. i really thank you so much..and thank God Almighty...its because of Him that i got it. also i am sure He has a good plan for us across there...
pls..is it that one has to travel before their medicals/police records expire? pls advise...also does it matter which POE one uses? pls advise..

thank you soooooooo much..pls keep in touch...

Affidavit of support

For those who had their interviews in nairobi was anyone asked for affidavit of support? my interview was postponed to mid august due to medicals had to do the spurtum test.:D

cast betsnu

Hi Kenweed,

thank you alot for asking and for your help..i got my passprt and visa on Monday the 11th. i really thank you so much..and thank God Almighty...its because of Him that i got it. also i am sure He has a good plan for us across there...
pls..is it that one has to travel before their medicals/police records expire? pls advise...also does it matter which POE one uses? pls advise..

thank you soooooooo much..pls keep in touch...

Hi YesuAfuga1, finally you got your passport that's great. With regards to visa expiry just check your visa it has an expiry date (its usually 6 months after your medical examination). On P.O.E I have inquired this and apparently you can check in to any P.O.E and you can also change your address.
All the best.

For those who had their interviews in nairobi was anyone asked for affidavit of support? my interview was postponed to mid august due to medicals had to do the spurtum test.:D

Hi kabombi, myself I wasn't asked for AOS.
All the best.

Medicals!!

Hi I wanted to inquire from those who have been to IOM for their medicals about the mantoux test (TB skin test) i understand that it takes 24hrs to be examined and read ..do you come for your results the following day or what?. I also understand that this test is not very accurate and it has been even removed from the Government medical guidelines since it reads positive to all those who have ever come into contact with TB.
AM asking this since i work with an NGO and have come into contact with persons who have TB. What will it mean to my quest/

Hi I wanted to inquire from those who have been to IOM for their medicals about the mantoux test (TB skin test) i understand that it takes 24hrs to be examined and read ..do you come for your results the following day or what?. I also understand that this test is not very accurate and it has been even removed from the Government medical guidelines since it reads positive to all those who have ever come into contact with TB.
AM asking this since i work with an NGO and have come into contact with persons who have TB. What will it mean to my quest/

This type of test is only administered to children. For Adults, they will do Chest X-ray. So you don't have to worry about this! Hope that answers your question. Good Luck

Vaccinations

Hi forumites i wanted to save on medical.will IOM accept immunization lets say for example hepatitis B administered at other medical institution?

Hi Moku

Hi Guys,

Hi Moku sorry to hear about the outcome of your interview, I also wanted to find out if you have tried the option of work experience? and for your information I have heard of two cases with the C- that were still able to get their visas.

All are welcome to shed some light on this

While going thru this thread,I did notice this anomaly!

MOKU
Case number 2012AF00051***
First NL received -15 July 2011
Forms sent to kcc - 3rd August 2011
Second NL received - Tuesday 17th April 2012
Police clearance - Done 9th May 2012
Medicals Done - 24th May 2012
Interview date - Thursday 7th June 2012
Visa picked up - not yet

BONIT
Case number 2012AF00075***
Forms sent to kcc - 28th July 2011
Second NL received - not yet
Police clearance received - not yet
Medicals received - not yet
Interview done - Tuesday 5th June 2012
Visa picked up - not yet

As it is evident,Bonit's CN is like 24,xyz places out yet he secured an interview slot before Moku whose CN is lower!!

Does this mean they (KCC) do allocate visas on a first come,first served basis irrespective of CN??

Or perhaps this only happens when all numbers are current to justify the first come first served basis??

Hi

While going thru this thread,I did notice this anomaly!

MOKU
Case number 2012AF00051***
Forms sent to kcc - 3rd August 2011
Second NL received - Tuesday 17th April 2012
Police clearance - Done 9th May 2012
Medicals Done - 24th May 2012
Interview date - Thursday 7th June 2012
Visa picked up - not yet

BONIT
Case number 2012AF00075***
Forms sent to kcc - 28th July 2011
Second NL received - not yet
Police clearance received - not yet
Medicals received - not yet
Interview done - Tuesday 5th June 2012
Visa picked up - not yet

As it is evident,Bonit's CN is like 24,xyz places out yet he secured an interview slot before Moku whose CN is lower!!

Does this mean they (KCC) do allocate visas on a first come,first served basis irrespective of CN??

Or perhaps this only happens when all numbers are current to justify the first come first served basis??

Visas are on a first come, first get basis when all nos are current like what we have now. I would also tend to think depending on your location for interview also can make a difference. When your no. is current and in a country where US embassy is not busy or doesn't have much DV traffic then i guess they would slot your interview earliest date on their calendar.
In very few instances have they surpassed the 55,000 visas issued, so even guys with high CN shouldn't be worried about getting a visa but rather take advantage of the time period to be 101% ready to avoid AP.

Dv-2013

I am from Kenya neighbor Ethiopia. I am selected on DV-2013. My case number is AF000309xx. When will be my interview ? Is KCC send confirmation e-mail without being requested by the selectee ? Thanks,

I am from Kenya neighbor Ethiopia. I am selected on DV-2013. My case number is AF000309xx. When will be my interview ? Is KCC send confirmation e-mail without being requested by the selectee ? Thanks,

Congrats & wellcome.....

Ur interview may probably be in May 2013 if we are to use last year's bulletin;on the other hand ,if things move fast as has been the case,if could probably move upto March 2013.

For KCC to email you,you must initiate contact(for enquiry purposes);If you've already sent ur DSP-230 & 122 forms,they'll send you an email informing you to check ur updated status on http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/ regarding your interview date.If its for confirmation of receipt of your forms,you must initiate contact.

If u havent sent ur DSP-230 & 122 forms,then you'll never here from them.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: