• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2012 Kenyan Selectees login here!!

Thanks Kenweed, My faith is at the top.

I have a question, is it a must to present my old password at the interview issued in 2002 and had my name mispelled only changed it last year?

I assume you mean passport right?

You may need to show it if they ask only. They will ask for sure if you have a prior Visa of USA on it or if you were denied a visa in the past…..

I assume you mean passport right?

You may need to show it if they ask only. They will ask for sure if you have a prior Visa of USA on it or if you were denied a visa in the past…..

Sorry I meant passport.
I have never before applied or denied a US visa.
The problem with my previous passport is my surname was mispelled.
Kindly advise

Thanks Kenweed, My faith is at the top.

I have a question, is it a must to present my old password at the interview issued in 2002 and had my name mispelled only changed it last year?

I went with my old passport though I din't present it. I just had it just in case. Good thing is the current one has the correct names and I guess that's what counts especially now that you've never presented it to any US consulate. I guess you should be fine, I presume all the other documents bear the same names as the passport i.e. kcse cert, birth certificate etc etc.

I went with my old passport though I din't present it. I just had it just in case. Good thing is the current one has the correct names and I guess that's what counts especially now that you've never presented it to any US consulate. I guess you should be fine, I presume all the other documents bear the same names as the passport i.e. kcse cert, birth certificate etc etc.

Thanks Kenweed for the info.

All my other documents ie kcse cert, birthday cert bear the correct name which is in the new passport.
I'll just carry the old passport and explain the mistake if i am requested to produce it.

Embassy Appointment

Hi guys, my appointment is for june 5th but today i called the embassy to check if my appointment still stands and they told me if i was booked by kentcuky then it will not show in their system and that i just had to present my appointment letter when i go for the interview.i found it a bit weird given that its the USA we are talking about...okay anyone who has done the interview in the month of may could help me out with the requirements, questions and the exact amount to be paid.. thank you all and wishing you the best

Hi guys, my appointment is for june 5th but today i called the embassy to check if my appointment still stands and they told me if i was booked by kentcuky then it will not show in their system and that i just had to present my appointment letter when i go for the interview.i found it a bit weird given that its the USA we are talking about...okay anyone who has done the interview in the month of may could help me out with the requirements, questions and the exact amount to be paid.. thank you all and wishing you the best

Bonit / Moku, as long as you have the appointment letter you're good to go. Just check here http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html for the documentation required. Carry also any other relevant documentation like old passports college certificates, affidavit of support if you have any etc.
You may also carry extra cash just to avoid running short and going back another time. Carry warm clothing, I went there in Jan and we waited outside, trust me that place is very cold and now that we're in June I'm sure It's even colder.
Finally just pray to God and have faith. All the best.

All the best people and God's blessings.

I got it

Bonit / Moku, as long as you have the appointment letter you're good to go. Just check here http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html for the documentation required. Carry also any other relevant documentation like old passports college certificates, affidavit of support if you have any etc.
You may also carry extra cash just to avoid running short and going back another time. Carry warm clothing, I went there in Jan and we waited outside, trust me that place is very cold and now that we're in June I'm sure It's even colder.
Finally just pray to God and have faith. All the best.

All the best people and God's blessings.

I thank God so much for giving me the visa...i paid $330 and the interview was a walk over

Glory to God!

Dear All,Kenweed,Dubai B,Bonit, et al..

I really thank God i too got the Visa...God is really Almighty....thank you all for your support..and God bless you all...

Kenweed&evryone..kindly let me know when i got my info into the "DHL" website and obtained the summary it indicates that an appointment is not yet scheduled for me...i guess its because i dint really have to schedule one...as KCC had done so for me...Now..will that affect the delivery of ma passport? please advise...what is the longest it can take b4 i recv an email to get an air way bill no? this is all bse i got to travel bk to Ug.. kindly advise.

Again...and again..thank you sooooooooooooooo much &God bless you...

My interview

Congratulations Bonit. What is the exchange rate at the embassy and kindly share your experience.

My embassy experience in nairobi
i arrived at about 6:05 and my interview was 6:30 am in nairobi..i was like the fiftieth person in the queue then we did the first check, where they check your appointment letter and passport then proceed to the next check where they take your phone and check if you are booked for the interview. then we went inside and pick our numbers and went to sit outside ( men its cold so you better be prepared) then we waited to be called..they started calling shortly after to the counter where they take your documents and photocopies then you go pay $330, then they take your finger prints and tell you to wait..you wait for like 20 mins then they call you for interview which is very random..they asked to name my fathers names as they are in the birth cert, then they asked me the high school i was in, the year of graduation and the score in biology..then they asked me about my host and where he lives and that was the end..then they told me to pick up my passport after a week from dhl and gave me the dhl sheet.

**my interview date**

When do you think am scheduled for appointment CN:2013AF00023XXX
Am new to the forum and will appreciate your help guyz.
Also would like to take this moment to congratulate all kenyan who won this years DV Lottery
God will see us thru' as we wait for our moments.

My embassy experience in nairobi
i arrived at about 6:05 and my interview was 6:30 am in nairobi..i was like the fiftieth person in the queue then we did the first check, where they check your appointment letter and passport then proceed to the next check where they take your phone and check if you are booked for the interview. then we went inside and pick our numbers and went to sit outside ( men its cold so you better be prepared) then we waited to be called..they started calling shortly after to the counter where they take your documents and photocopies then you go pay $330, then they take your finger prints and tell you to wait..you wait for like 20 mins then they call you for interview which is very random..they asked to name my fathers names as they are in the birth cert, then they asked me the high school i was in, the year of graduation and the score in biology..then they asked me about my host and where he lives and that was the end..then they told me to pick up my passport after a week from dhl and gave me the dhl sheet.

could zonene

Hi Guys,
Did my interview today and was denied the visa as I did not meet the educational requirement.
The mean grade for KCSE is C plain while I had C minus despite having a diploma in Legal studies.
End of the road for me. Thanks for your advise and encouragement.

DHL pick-up

Hi Kenweed..

i wrote earlier requesting you to advise me about the DHL pick up time.. what is the average/mininum/maximum time for delivery?
i registered in my details into the "DHL" website and when i request for the summary..all seems well apart from the fact that it indicates that "no appointment set for me" am thinking basically bse we don't really have to book for an appointment...as KCC does this for us..

however i did my interview on monday this week and by God's grace i passed and was granted the visa..today is thursday and no mail sent thru to me yet...thing is that i have to get back to Ug for work..

kindly advise...you mentioned you got yours after 3 days...why is mine delaying?could i have made a mistake while registering for the courier delivery? but my summary looks perfect...

please advise..

God bless you!

Hi Guys,
Did my interview today and was denied the visa as I did not meet the educational requirement.
The mean grade for KCSE is C plain while I had C minus despite having a diploma in Legal studies.
sty
I just want to give you a word of encouragement , its not the end of the world for you, God has a reason for everything. But i think the american Government is unfair considering the standards of kcse is quite high, i think they should reconsider guyz.

Hi Guys,

Moku, all is not lost. I think if you have 2 years experience and you really want the visa you can pursue a waiver. Read here http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/denials/denials_1361.html. Go through Nigerian and Ghanaian forums they might have gone through this. You will need to move fast though considering there isn't much time remaining to September. Consider this as a set back and give it a shot.

Hi Kenweed..

i wrote earlier requesting you to advise me about the DHL pick up time.. what is the average/mininum/maximum time for delivery?
i registered in my details into the "DHL" website and when i request for the summary..all seems well apart from the fact that it indicates that "no appointment set for me" am thinking basically bse we don't really have to book for an appointment...as KCC does this for us..

however i did my interview on monday this week and by God's grace i passed and was granted the visa..today is thursday and no mail sent thru to me yet...thing is that i have to get back to Ug for work..

kindly advise...you mentioned you got yours after 3 days...why is mine delaying?could i have made a mistake while registering for the courier delivery? but my summary looks perfect...

please advise..

God bless you!

Hi YesuAfuga1, did you get this email?
Dear xxxxxx xxxxxxx,

This email is to inform you that a document has been submitted to the courier by the U.S. consular section for return to you. On average, it takes one to two business days for the package to be available. The document is being sent via the courier option you selected at registration.

The air waybill tracking number for the package is xxxxxxxxxxx. You will need this number to receive your document.

For additional information on the current tracking status of the document, the delivery location, or for a list of identification required to receive the document, please log into our website at http://usvisa-info.com.

Please remember that you must use your passport number, date of birth, and nationality to log into the system. For your reference, the passport number we have on file is: xxxxxxxxx.

DHL pick-up

Hi Kenweed

thanks for the response. however i haven't received that mail yet...much as i left my details on the website...

after how many days did you receive that mail?( i mean after the interview date?) and when you say you got yo p/p after 3 days, do you also count the interview day?how can i make an enquiry? do you have an e-mail address that i could use? i have tried the nos on the sheet they gave me and it seems there is only an auto answer machine or something... i was thinking by now my p/p shd have been delivered to dhl already..

also can re-create a new account for the dhl delivery?

please advise.. thank you and God bless you.

Hi Kenweed

thanks for the response. however i haven't received that mail yet...much as i left my details on the website...

after how many days did you receive that mail?( i mean after the interview date?) and when you say you got yo p/p after 3 days, do you also count the interview day?how can i make an enquiry? do you have an e-mail address that i could use? i have tried the nos on the sheet they gave me and it seems there is only an auto answer machine or something... i was thinking by now my p/p shd have been delivered to dhl already..

also can re-create a new account for the dhl delivery?

please advise.. thank you and God bless you.

I got that email the next day after my interview. I did my interview on a Monday morning and by Wednesday it had been delivered. I picked it up on Thursday though.
It means right now you don't even have a waybill number right? for tracking. Maybe you can try and send them an email on this address contactus_en_KE@usvisa-info.com or better still you can call/go to the DHL office you had specified and request for advice. You will need your ID though as they won't rather can't delve such information to strangers.