• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Great information here, thanks all you guys. I have a question though.
My spouse and I both won and we are here on a J-1 and J-2 visa. Unfortunately, we have a 2 year home residency requirement from our home country. We are currently in the process of getting that waived. Traditionally, our country hands out the no objection statement really fast.
Since we're in the US, have a really low casenumber, and do not run out of status until later next year, we believe we can apply for AOS. But, we can only start doing this after we receive the waiver, correct?
So how should we proceed now? Do we send in a DSP-122 with the pictures? Or do we have to wait until we have the waiver (which van take 2 to 4 months)?

Congratulations to all the winners of the lottery!!!
Same as dv12winner I'm wondering how do I find out that I'm eligible for applying for AOS? I'm currently in the United States. I have F-1 status (changed from J-1 visa while being in the US). Never worked illegally. I think I'm eligible but then does USCIS needs to confirm it? I tried to call them yesterday and it looks like there is no way to talk to a representative. I scheduled an appointment with INFOPASS but the earliest date available was may 16th, but I would like to send my forms tomorrow. How did you guys determined that you are eligible?

Thanks for everyone's help!

Two questions:

1) Just filling out DSP-122. Question: I have a high school, college and masters degree. I *could* make a case that I worked for two years over the last five years, but it's a little more complicated. Should I just tick "No" on the question about employment (Question 7)?

2) Can we apply for Advance Parole and EAD when we apply for I-485 on October 1st? How long should it take till we receive this? (i.e.: can I plan to travel to Europe over christmas?)

Thanks a lot!

-happywinner

1) Just filling out DSP-122. Question: I have a high school, college and masters degree. I *could* make a case that I worked for two years over the last five years, but it's a little more complicated. Should I just tick "No" on the question about employment (Question 7)?

I am in a similar situation. I worked several different internships that would probably add up to two years in total. I decided to go with no because I am eligible based on my education anyway.

Astro: yup, that's what I figured, too.

What about Advance Parole / EAD? Anybody have any experience with that?

Also, does anybody have a link to a decent cover letter for the purpose of indicating our intention to file for AOS available? How legalese does this need to be?

Hi folks, i just checked online for the dv lottery 2012 and its says my application was not selected. i want to know if this is the final outcome or whether i could still be checking from time to time. thanks for the help.

I have been selected for further processing DV 2012. I am in the US on an O1 visa (extraordinary artist visa) which I have been doing for 10 years. Ironically I am in the middle of filing an EB1 which has not been filed as of yet.
My case number: 2012OC000000** and by reading here my case number is very low but I am not sure what that means for me. I am in the Oceania category.
I intend to file an AOS but would the interview be here in the US or would it be better to do it in country of Citizenship? I have also read conflicting advice on sending the Forms in DS-0230 and the DSP-122 and photo's to the Kentucky center to get an official confirmation letter to then continue on with the AOS and filing the I-485. I am also a little confused with checking to see current numbers on the Visa bulletin.

What is the next process involved to prepare before getting to the interview?
case number#2012OC000000**

Hi,

Who do I make the check ($440) out to ? there is a address but no other information on who to pay...

Please help!

Thanks!

Congrats to everyone who have been selected for DV2012. I have been trying to find/figure out what the right steps are for those who already are in the US with F-1 visa.

I called up the KCC today to get clarification on what the next step would be for those who are currently in the US with a f-1 visa and would apply for adjustemnt of status in the US.

The lady told me that; fill out DSP-122 and make sure you write USCIS or BCIS in question #4 and mail it along with 2 (two) passport photos and the barcode.
Writing a cover letter is up to you, it is not the deal breaker.
After KCC receives the DSP-122 and the photos, they will mail out payment information; when to make the payment and where to send it.
The KCC will also send the information about the next steps.

Last edited by a moderator:
below are the answers,
Hello! Me and my wife have won the lottery.

I have: 2012XX00004XXX

She has: 2012XX00003XXX

1) Do we have to file in the same time? (which is the better option). I would file in the same time. but if you choose not to that is fine also

2) She has hight school diploma and she never worked, I have 2 university diplomas (one in states and one n my country) + 6 years of work experience.Both of you qualify, just make sure to submit her HS diploma when the time comes.

3) We will file AOS definitely. (our status Runs out in February 2012), do we have enough time? Yes you do.

4) I have called KCC DV, they told me "to proceed please send form DSP 122" not mentioned anything about photos. I asked him is this it? he replied "Yes!" (do I need to send photos?). I called them today and the lady told me to fill out the DSP122 and send it along with 2 photos. No money is required with DSP122. Just make sure to write USCIS in question #4 on DSP-122. Do not send any money yet. Once they receive your DSP-122 they will send you instructions on how/when to make the $440 payment.( in your case $880)

5) For my case I have to pay $440 or $880 for 2 person (me principal - applicant and dependent - my wife). $880 when the time is right.

Thank you

Thanks FGARICI53

I assume this clears the air about DS 230.However you didn't mention the letter with barcode. Do we need to send that too ?

Cover Letter

Hello,

I was reading that we need to write a cover letter indicating our intention to file for AOS. Frankly, I'm not sure what to write. Also, should we send it along with the DSP-122 , 2 photos with barcode page to KCC?

Many thanks!!

AoS fee payment

I am kinda confused about the fee. On this page

travel .state .gov/visa/visa_4763.html

it says you can click on

travel. state .gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html#perm

to see the fees that need to be paid and there it has

Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fees (non-refundable, per person)

Other immigrant visa applications (including Diversity Visa applicants, approved I-360 self-petitioners, special immigrant visa applicants, and all others) $305

Other Fees

Diversity Visa Lottery fee (per person applying as a DV lottery selectee for a DV category immigrant visa) $440

Affidavit of Support Review (only when reviewed domestically) $88

Immigrant visa security surcharge (per person applying for any immigrant visa category) $74

Which ones need to be paid. I have read last year's AoS thread and the fee was $375. Did it change to $440 this year?

So right now after I've sent DSP-122 and DS-230 how much should I send to Dept of State?

@Ghanaian student in US who was selected forthe VISA lottery.

Please are you a male of female? Also, which state do you go to school in? I know some Ghanaian friends. They are good people. Very smart too. Congratulations!

Cover Letter

Hello,

I was reading that we need to write a cover letter indicating our intention to file for AOS. Frankly, I'm not sure what to write. Also, should we send it along with the DSP-122 , 2 photos with barcode page to KCC?

Many thanks!!

you do not need to write a cover letter. just simply write USCIS or BCIS in question #4 in the DSP-122 form so that KCC would know that your intention is "Adjustment of Status".

On the other hand, writing a cover letter will not hurt your case. If you want to write one up, go ahead do it:)

you do not need to write a cover letter. just simply write USCIS or BCIS in question #4 in the DSP-122 form so that KCC would know that your intention is "Adjustment of Status".

On the other hand, writing a cover letter will not hurt your case. If you want to write one up, go ahead do it:)

Appreciate it!!! ;)