• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

DV2014 AOS - when do I have to submit my medical examination results

Hello everyone,

I won DV2014 and my number around 8500 on Asia. I am in the United Stats in F2 visa with my husband who have F1 visa. We want to submit adjustment of status. I have some questions please:
- Do I have to submit 2 I-485 applications? one for me and one for my husband and pay the fee twice?
- When do I have to take the medical examination ? do I have to attach it to the I-485 package?

Thanks in advanced.

Hello everyone,

I won DV2014 and my number around 8500 on Asia. I am in the United Stats in F2 visa with my husband who have F1 visa. We want to submit adjustment of status. I have some questions please:
- Do I have to submit 2 I-485 applications? one for me and one for my husband and pay the fee twice?
- When do I have to take the medical examination ? do I have to attach it to the I-485 package?

Thanks in advanced.

there is a dv 2014 AOS threat. you will get answers there http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?557035-DV-2014-AOS-Only

Rejection notice!

I just received the whole package I sent last week back..
im not really clear on why it got rejected:

this office is unable to accept and process the form I-485, application to register permanent residence or adjust status, that you submitted because your application was received either prior to the beginning or subsequent to the end of of the fiscal year for which you were eligible to apply. your application is is only valid if received during the fiscal year for which you were selected in the dv lottery.

can someone please tell me what they mean ?

Note that the notification Letter I sent from the (entrant status website) is dated May 1st even though my wife was selected on July 15. but when we check the status now it says July 15.
could this be the problem.

thanks

Hello aosF1,
I have similar situation with DV lottery like you had before. I noticed you have mentioned about the date of May 1st and July 15 being the issue. My DV lottery selection letter shows as May 1, 2014 and DV visa number is current in June 2015. I just checked it now, and still showing as May 1, 2014. Could you please help to clarify the issue and what did you do? Thank you in advance. I'm looking forward to hear from you soon.

Hello aosF1,
I have similar situation with DV lottery like you had before. I noticed you have mentioned about the date of May 1st and July 15 being the issue. My DV lottery selection letter shows as May 1, 2014 and DV visa number is current in June 2015. I just checked it now, and still showing as May 1, 2014. Could you please help to clarify the issue and what did you do? Thank you in advance. I'm looking forward to hear from you soon.

The date on the letter should be static. The case you responded to is very old and DV2012 had a special scenario of a redraw - hence the difference in dates.

The date on the letter should be static. The case you responded to is very old and DV2012 had a special scenario of a redraw - hence the difference in dates.
Thank you for responding to my post. However, as you know I have received similar message from USCIS, and what do you think I should do in my case?

Thank you for responding to my post. However, as you know I have received similar message from USCIS, and what do you think I should do in my case?

Your scenario is different. You mentioned about the change in dates on the May 1 letter - that date would never normally change, the issue from the other case was because of the redraw in DV2012 - nothing like your case.