• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

ok, I was at the USCIS office again this morning. (San Francisco)
Apparently they still didn't get my file from TAMPA, FL.
They don't know why my file is sent to TAMPA. They just know that TAMPA sent my file from there to SF last Monday after my visit there. Normally it takes up to 7 days for a mail to reach to SF from FL. It has been 8 days, so my file is probably lost in mail.
First my KCC receipt was lost, now my file. And nobody knows how it ended up in FL at first. I have never been to FL in my life, my first address was OR.

Anyways, anybody knows a good attorney? I might use some advice before my last visit to USCIS on Friday. I think I will just get frustrated and burn the bridges there, since it is the last day.

Try to go back there every day, they need to find a solution. Can't they reconstitute the file, don't they have a digital copy? I don't think that USPS lost the letter. It may have left later than you think and I may also takes some time before they simply process the mail that they receive. You still have few day.

I'd recommend you reach out to Richard Kolomejec - http://www.sanfranciscoimmigrationlaw.com/

I hired him to help me with the paper work for my DV case and prepare for the interview. He's a reliable guy and will give you an honest assessment of the situation. He does handle a lot of clients so I'd advice you to call him asap - like first thing in the morning.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Don't give up yet.

Good luck!

They don't know why my file is sent to TAMPA. They just know that TAMPA sent my file from there to SF last Monday after my visit there. Normally it takes up to 7 days for a mail to reach to SF from FL. It has been 8 days, so my file is probably lost in mail.
First my KCC receipt was lost, now my file. And nobody knows how it ended up in FL at first. I have never been to FL in my life, my first address was OR.

Anyways, anybody knows a good attorney? I might use some advice before my last visit to USCIS on Friday. I think I will just get frustrated and burn the bridges there, since it is the last day.

My interview went well.. and actually the officer just copied my passport, i-94, etc. and checked everything on the form I filled was correct.. and that's it. Lol He said it's no problem to approve my case, and I should expect my gc in several weeks..

The online status jumped from "acceptance" to "decision" directly, and shows the following message:

On September 21, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later.

I am not sure but does it mean my gc is on the way? I haven't got any welcome letter till today tho.

Hey eeric, was wondering how your interview went on Friday? Any changes to your status online?

ferve arillah

Did you try to call KCC and tell them this situation? Maybe they have some way to save this?..

I called attorney. Told me to pray and also told me that if already had an attorney, I wouldn't have to deal with this situation.
He just pissed me off, didn't give any useful information.
I will call KCC tomorrow, then call USCIS and go to local USCIS on Friday morning.

I think that attorney is just being a jerk! It's not like one necessarily need an attorney to complete this process. Keep up the faith, don't stop believing. It is still possible to have a positive outcome after all these. I will keep you in my prayers!!

I called attorney. Told me to pray and also told me that if already had an attorney, I wouldn't have to deal with this situation.
He just pissed me off, didn't give any useful information.

Just got a notification this evening saying that my online status changed. So I went on the website and saw the status change to "Card/ Document Production".. finally! :) Thanks again for everyone here that shared your experience.

The online status jumped from "acceptance" to "decision" directly, and shows the following message:

On September 21, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later.

I am not sure but does it mean my gc is on the way? I haven't got any welcome letter till today tho.

--
2012AS0000XXXX
20120713 DSP-122
20120719 AOS fee
20010730 I-485
20100806 Email notification: Acceptance on August 3rd (online status: "Acceptance")
20120812 I-797C Bio appointment 0904
20120817 I-797C Receipt received
20120823 Walk-in bio done
20120911 KCC sent files to local USCIS
20120919 Interview scheduled by phone to 0921
20120921 Interview done: approved, online status changed to “Decision”
20120926 online status changed to “Card/ Document Production”

Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that I'm finally freaking GREEN!!!!! Card came in today. Pleased to join the ranks of the rest who got theirs. I want to thank EVERYONE on this forum who not only gave helpful information and advice, but who also listened to me whine and get frustrated due to the long process. I appreciate your words of encouragement. I thank God and I thank you all.:)

ok, one last post... probably the most interesting story of DV cases..

So, USCIS never called me back. They I tried to get an infopass for Friday morning. It was full.
I already didn't have enough sleep, waking up at 7 was a pain, still did it. Couldn't find a parking spot there, and since I didn't have an appointment, I was almost leaving there to go to work. Then I realized I won't be able to live with it if I don't check last day, one more time.
At the door there was the nicest lady, I said I don't have any appointments, because I couldn't. She said, ok sure, if you tried to get infopass I will let you in.
It was exceptionally crowded there. I have been there 4 times, this was more crowded than sum of the other 3.
After waiting an hour, I had to go out, park the car somewhere else and feed parking meter.
The woman there saw me. She said:
-You, again? I checked it yesterday, we still didn't have your file. but let me check once more.
-Ok.
-Aaaah, your file is here now.. Wait I will get my supervisor.

Waiting 20 mins. Supervisor shows up.. She was really nice to me and smiling..
-Hi, so we gave your file to an officer upstairs. he is checking it now. Go upstairs, wait for him. He will interview you.
-Ok..

Waiting 20 mins.
Officer shows up. He was really nice.. Smiling and making jokes, he made me smile too.
-Hi, last day huh? This will be the most last minute case that I will process.. Hopefully everything will go ok, and you will get approved today.
-Ok.. Thanks.

Interview starts..
Interview experience was the same as everybody else.
He asked all the questions on my form. He realized I typed the date of last entrance to U.S. wrong, fixed that.
He checked all the originals...
One important part:
Although I had master's and college diplomas, he asked for my highschool diploma. I wasn't expecting that, but I had the documents.
I had one notarized letter from my country about high school graduation. He said that's ok.
Asked about my current status, checked my I-20.. I-94..
Photocopied some stuff..

Just at the moment he was smiling... He said he only has one more step, getting a visa number from the computer...

-Ugh! I can't get a visa number...
-??!?
-Your file was at Tampa. They requested a visa number and then to send the file here, they cancelled the request. I have never seen a case like this. We will make phone calls and try to fix it.
-ok..

20 mins later...
We are in touch with KCC. We are working on your case, you don't have to be here, you can leave and do whatever you want.. We will call you, hopefully with good news..
-Ok..

I left... I was so bored of this process and paperwork, I wasn't really feeling anything good or bad anymore..
3 hours later, the officer called me... He said I am approved... He told me what kind of phone calls he had to make, how hard it was but it ended good.

I am so thankful to everybody in SF office. Although the fact that they didn't tell me my file arrived, it was really nice of them doing everything instantly after I went there the last morning, and they realized that they got the file.

We still don't know why my file was at Tampa, FL. Apparently, nobody knows.. and probably if I wasn't late, they would try to interview me at florida somehow... or they would never realize the problem..

I just checked the web page, my online status didn't change yet.. but the officer told me that I am done.. I should be fine.. (I still don't feel like it..) and probably I won't celebrate until I get the card.

Anyways, thanks to everybody here, listening to me, giving advices and helping me in this process. If I haven't had this forum and these people, probably I would never get this thing done. Thank you.

Hurrah! Congrats ai134 :). I know you probably feel it's premature to be celebrating a successful end of your DV journey, considering the fact that there's no change at the moment on your online status. I'm however positive your green card will come through, it's just a matter of time.

Once again, congrats!!

That's very good news ai134!
I was thinking to you today, even tonight in the subway when I came back home.
Felicitation!

Heck yeah!!! congrats ai134. You made it. You can now relax and wait for that card to come to you. Its one of the best feelings ever. Now you can count down five years till you apply for US citizenship. Your story is simply amazing and how everything worked out last minute. Anyway, super happy for you.

So, USCIS never called me back. They I tried to get an infopass for Friday morning. It was full.
I already didn't have enough sleep, waking up at 7 was a pain, still did it. Couldn't find a parking spot there, and since I didn't have an appointment, I was almost leaving there to go to work. Then I realized I won't be able to live with it if I don't check last day, one more time.
At the door there was the nicest lady, I said I don't have any appointments, because I couldn't. She said, ok sure, if you tried to get infopass I will let you in.
It was exceptionally crowded there. I have been there 4 times, this was more crowded than sum of the other 3.
After waiting an hour, I had to go out, park the car somewhere else and feed parking meter.
The woman there saw me. She said:
-You, again? I checked it yesterday, we still didn't have your file. but let me check once more.
-Ok.
-Aaaah, your file is here now.. Wait I will get my supervisor.

Waiting 20 mins. Supervisor shows up.. She was really nice to me and smiling..
-Hi, so we gave your file to an officer upstairs. he is checking it now. Go upstairs, wait for him. He will interview you.
-Ok..

Waiting 20 mins.
Officer shows up. He was really nice.. Smiling and making jokes, he made me smile too.
-Hi, last day huh? This will be the most last minute case that I will process.. Hopefully everything will go ok, and you will get approved today.
-Ok.. Thanks.

Interview starts..
Interview experience was the same as everybody else.
He asked all the questions on my form. He realized I typed the date of last entrance to U.S. wrong, fixed that.
He checked all the originals...
One important part:
Although I had master's and college diplomas, he asked for my highschool diploma. I wasn't expecting that, but I had the documents.
I had one notarized letter from my country about high school graduation. He said that's ok.
Asked about my current status, checked my I-20.. I-94..
Photocopied some stuff..

Just at the moment he was smiling... He said he only has one more step, getting a visa number from the computer...

-??!?
-Your file was at Tampa. They requested a visa number and then to send the file here, they cancelled the request. I have never seen a case like this. We will make phone calls and try to fix it.
-ok..

20 mins later...
We are in touch with KCC. We are working on your case, you don't have to be here, you can leave and do whatever you want.. We will call you, hopefully with good news..
-Ok..

I left... I was so bored of this process and paperwork, I wasn't really feeling anything good or bad anymore..
3 hours later, the officer called me... He said I am approved... He told me what kind of phone calls he had to make, how hard it was but it ended good.

I am so thankful to everybody in SF office. Although the fact that they didn't tell me my file arrived, it was really nice of them doing everything instantly after I went there the last morning, and they realized that they got the file.

We still don't know why my file was at Tampa, FL. Apparently, nobody knows.. and probably if I wasn't late, they would try to interview me at florida somehow... or they would never realize the problem..

I just checked the web page, my online status didn't change yet.. but the officer told me that I am done.. I should be fine.. (I still don't feel like it..) and probably I won't celebrate until I get the card.

Anyways, thanks to everybody here, listening to me, giving advices and helping me in this process. If I haven't had this forum and these people, probably I would never get this thing done. Thank you.

Got my card today!! :D The card design is interesting.. my name and DOB flying above my picture.. Lol

--
2012AS0000XXXX
20120713 DSP-122
20120719 AOS fee
20010730 I-485
20100806 Email notification: Acceptance on August 3rd (online status: "Acceptance")
20120812 I-797C Bio appointment 0904
20120817 I-797C Receipt received
20120823 Walk-in bio done
20120911 KCC sent files to local USCIS
20120919 Interview scheduled by phone to 0921
20120921 Interview done: approved, online status changed to “Decision”
20120926 Online status changed to “Card/ Document Production”
20120927 GC sent
20120928 Welcome letter received
20120929 GC received

Just got a notification this evening saying that my online status changed. So I went on the website and saw the status change to "Card/ Document Production".. finally! :) Thanks again for everyone here that shared your experience.

Congrats, ai134 !!! Glad to hear that you made it on the very last day!! :D And it's interesting that Tampa tried to request a visa # for you without interview.. Lol

-??!?

Thanks guys. Thanks to everyone for your support and help. Now I started to feel the joy and happiness.. I guess I needed a sleep to digest what happened :)

My online status has changed. So I'm waiting for the card now. Well, I am moving my apartment tomorrow. I will change the address now, I hope that won't cause a problem again :).

I'm glad that everybody made it.. Congratulations to all of us..
and I guess my story will be a hope for the people running late on deadline following years. It is always possible. :)

Thanks guys. Thanks to everyone for your support and help. Now I started to feel the joy and happiness.. I guess I needed a sleep to digest what happened :)

My online status has changed. So I'm waiting for the card now. Well, I am moving my apartment tomorrow. I will change the address now, I hope that won't cause a problem again :).

I'm glad that everybody made it.. Congratulations to all of us..
and I guess my story will be a hope for the people running late on deadline following years. It is always possible. :)
I am glad everything has worked out for you. You will definitely receive your green card before you know it! However, I think changing your address this late in the process is not a very smart thing. Even if you change your address now, I think your GC will still be sent to the old address they have in file. So I suggest that you somehow keep in touch with your current landlord when you receive your GC, or ask USPS to forward your GC to your new address, or just hold it at the post office. The green cards are usually sent via USPS Priority Mail.

of course this never ends :)
Now USCIS claims that USPS delivered the card 3 days ago. I didn't get anything.
I changed my address on Sep30, even before card production.
If they still send it to my old address, it is weird.
I even have my mail forwarded through USPS to my new address. They forward every mail that I get to my old address.
If USPS still delivered to my old address, it is just funny.
Anyways, I will figure it out soon.

No USCIS can be forwarded. This is not a USPS rule, most government related mail have an endorsement that says "Return Service Requested", which means return to sender if not claimed at the address indicated on the envelope. The GC envelope has this endorsement. So most like, USPS made an attempted delivery at the old address and it was sent back to USCIS.

I think changing your address this late in the process is not a very smart thing. Even if you change your address now, I think your GC will still be sent to the old address they have in file.

I couldn't agree more with this. I think you complicated issues for yourself by changing address when you did. USCIS is a bureaucracy, things don't quite move smoothly like they ought to under normal circumstances.

of course this never ends :)
Now USCIS claims that USPS delivered the card 3 days ago. I didn't get anything.
I changed my address on Sep30, even before card production.
If they still send it to my old address, it is weird.
I even have my mail forwarded through USPS to my new address. They forward every mail that I get to my old address.
If USPS still delivered to my old address, it is just funny.

Anyways, I will figure it out soon.

I don't know why they send it to my old address, but it doesn't really matter anymore.
I got my green card today. They delivered to my old address. Since I was in touch with my old roommate, I was able to get it 3 days later. :)

I don't know why they send it to my old address, but it doesn't really matter anymore.
I got my green card today. They delivered to my old address. Since I was in touch with my old roommate, I was able to get it 3 days later. :)

Congrats! Everything is okay for you, my friend. Be happy!