• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

$440

I am kinda confused about the fee. On this page

travel .state .gov/visa/visa_4763.html

it says you can click on

travel. state .gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html#perm

to see the fees that need to be paid and there it has

Which ones need to be paid. I have read last year's AoS thread and the fee was $375. Did it change to $440 this year?

So right now after I've sent DSP-122 and DS-230 how much should I send to Dept of State?

Can I file I-485: 90 days before my number becomes current?

Let's say my number becomes current in October, can I file in July? Is it true?

Please help, maybe someone had experience

Hey everybody ! CONGRATULATIONS :))))))))))))) I wish you all the best of luck !

No !!!!!! I heard so many people who got rejected because they sent it earlier. Do NOT send your application before the # becomes current !

So if we intend on AOS.. do we fill out DS-0230 or not??? Or should I just include it, just in-case?

Some say you don't need to, but I still sent it. In the worst case they just toss it. It can't hurt. Better safe than sorry :p

you do not need to write a cover letter. just simply write USCIS or BCIS in question #4 in the DSP-122 form so that KCC would know that your intention is "Adjustment of Status".

On the other hand, writing a cover letter will not hurt your case. If you want to write one up, go ahead do it:)

No, you don't need to. Just follow all the instructions to a T. Nothing less, nothing more !

Congratulations to all the winners of the lottery!!!
Same as dv12winner I'm wondering how do I find out that I'm eligible for applying for AOS? I'm currently in the United States. I have F-1 status (changed from J-1 visa while being in the US). Never worked illegally. I think I'm eligible but then does USCIS needs to confirm it? I tried to call them yesterday and it looks like there is no way to talk to a representative. I scheduled an appointment with INFOPASS but the earliest date available was may 16th, but I would like to send my forms tomorrow. How did you guys determined that you are eligible?

Yes, you are eligible ! You don't need an appointment with USCIS or their confirmation.

Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record

1) How much it usually cost? (can some one recommend cheaper place in NJ please)

2) How long it takes?

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question for all those of you who entered the 2012 Lottery. I would like to know if you filled out the application by yourself, or you hired an agency to fill it out for you. Also, can someone recommend a good place online that can get the picture dimensions for the lottery correctly?

Thanks!

I did mine in Vermont at a community health center and it is not that expensive, around $200

Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record

1) How much it usually cost? (can some one recommend cheaper place in NJ please)

2) How long it takes?

Thank you!

We applied and got the AP a month before the interview and the EAD we got 2 months latter than the actual green card, so it is not worth applying I say, but it is up to you.

Astro: yup, that's what I figured, too.

What about Advance Parole / EAD? Anybody have any experience with that?

No, absolutely you CAN NOT do that , because the Fiscal Year for the DV2012 did not start yet, they will reject it, because they are still processing the DV 2011 cases. My case was also current in October 2010 and I sent my application on September 30th in order to get there on the 1st.

As there is still some confusion regarding the question of whether or not you can send AOS in before your number is current, here's my take.

1) NOBODY can do AOS before October 1st.

2) For those with high case numbers, you can send in your AOS documents when the Visa Bulletin tells you that the number is not current yet, but is expected to be current within 90 days. So, for example, if the Visa Bulletin for February 2012 should tell you that your number is expected to become current by April 2012, then you can send in your I-485 immediately - i.e. in February, rather than April.

Hope that helps.

You CAN NOT send I-485 for DV 2012 till October 1st 2011 when the Fiscal Year for DV 2012 starts.

Thank you Natta for your answer, but my question was
---------------------------------------------------------------
In form I-485:

Part 1

Which check box I have to mark?

Thx

No, absolutely you CAN NOT do that , because the Fiscal Year for the DV2012 did not start yet, they will reject it, because they are still processing the DV 2011 cases. My case was also current in October 2010 and I sent my application on September 30th in order to get there on the 1st.

Thank you!!!