• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

I did mine in Vermont at a community health center and it is not that expensive, around $200

Thank you!!!

I'll try to find cheaper one. Because the ones I called, charge 600 a person.

How long it takes (whole procedure)?

aROUND 2-3 WEEKS, BUT I THINK IT IS TOO EARLY FOR YOU TO DO MEDICALS, WHEN YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHEN YOUR CASE WILL BE CURRENT. MY CASE WAS CURRENT IN OCTOBER AND I DID THE MEDICALS IN JULY-AUGUST.

Thank you!!!

I'll try to find cheaper one. Because the ones I called, charge 600 a person.

How long it takes (whole procedure)?

If you are the winner, mark h and write "Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Copy of Lottery Letter Attached." Read the instruction for I-485 it is written there. Also make sure to use the latest form available at www.uscis.gov/forms

Thank you Natta for your answer, but my question was
---------------------------------------------------------------
In form I-485:

Part 1

Which check box I have to mark?

Thx

aROUND 2-3 WEEKS, BUT I THINK IT IS TOO EARLY FOR YOU TO DO MEDICALS, WHEN YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHEN YOUR CASE WILL BE CURRENT. MY CASE WAS CURRENT IN OCTOBER AND I DID THE MEDICALS IN JULY-AUGUST.

Thank you!

You may hire a lawyer but if your case is simple enough, I would fill it by myself. It is not that hard rather very simple process. All you need to do is fill out DSP-122 and send it to KCC with 2 color photos. They will send you back 2nd letter with payment information and your intention to do AOS. You then make a payment to DOS $440. Finally, wait for your number to show up in the visa bulletin and apply I-485 to chicago lockbox, along with I-693 and G-325A. Read, read and read all the info on uscis.gov and dvselectee.state.gov , it will all be clear.

Regarding photos, you need 2x2 color US style passport photos.

I have a question for all those of you who entered the 2012 Lottery. I would like to know if you filled out the application by yourself, or you hired an agency to fill it out for you. Also, can someone recommend a good place online that can get the picture dimensions for the lottery correctly?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a winner of DV 2012. My educationnal qualification is SSC(Seconday School Certificate). What type of experience and how many years of experience do i need to get VISA?

Do you people not read the instructions when you register for the lottery?!?! It clearly says what the requirements are. Go on google and type minimum qualification for green card lottery. It is pretty straightforward...

So if we intend on AOS.. do we fill out DS-0230 or not??? Or should I just include it, just in-case?

Congrats to everyone who have been selected for DV2012. I have been trying to find/figure out what the right steps are for those who already are in the US with F-1 visa.

I called up the KCC today to get clarification on what the next step would be for those who are currently in the US with a f-1 visa and would apply for adjustemnt of status in the US.

The lady told me that; fill out DSP-122 and make sure you write USCIS or BCIS in question #4 and mail it along with 2 (two) passport photos and the barcode.
Writing a cover letter is up to you, it is not the deal breaker.
After KCC receives the DSP-122 and the photos, they will mail out payment information; when to make the payment and where to send it.
The KCC will also send the information about the next steps.

Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record

1) How much it usually cost? (can some one recommend cheaper place in NJ please)

2) How long it takes?

Thank you!

1)I did mine for $180 today in elmhurst NY.

2) It took me 3 days to get the report back.

Hi!

I am a winner 2012, on L1B visa now. I called KCC and they told me that as a first step I have to schedule appointment with local USCIS office to confirm that I can adjust the status. As I see here everyone is sending DSP-122 without visiting USCIS office. Should I wait for my appointment next week or should I just send this forms today? Does it make any sense to send them sooner or I can be not worried before August for example?

Also my visa expires on Nov-30 (and status in Aug, but I can get new I-94 before), should I get new L1B visa (this is my second year in US on this visa, so I can still renew it for another 3 years) or I don't have to anymore (my case number is pretty small - EUR1xxx)?

Thanks everyone and congratulations to other winners!

Don't get too happy about your win guys...

Why don't people on this forum talk more about the I-134 affidavit of support that diversity winners are supposed to have to get the visa - 6 times minimum poverty guidelines. That's like $70,000 for a family of 1. When you do AoS do they ask to see a bank statement with that much? What kind of an immigrant has that much cash? Or is everybody here rich?

So what happens in real life? Do they accept real property appraisals from a relative or do you have to find some American to sponsor you? Are real property appraisals "liquid enough"? Can one get bank statements from a non-US citizen? This seems to be the major obstacle most diversity winners won't be able to overcome.

Getting a job offer in this economy is obviously pretty much impossible, especially for an immigrant that doesn't even have his papers yet.
Getting a US citizen sponsor for an immigrant - that's a joke. What kind of an immigrant can find Americans to sponsor him?

So how do most of you guys plan to do this?

This thread is for people who are going to do AOS - most of us already have a job here (H1B, L1B and other work visas).

Where did you take this information that is totally not true $70,000 really, wondering where you got that, the above average sum that they are looking for, if they ask for it is $21,000, if a friend from US writes an afidavit, his yearly salary has to be at least $21,000.
P.S. You know what AOS means? Adjustment of Status, people who are already kind of setled down already in US, but are still on visas.

Don't get too happy about your win guys...

Why don't people on this forum talk more about the I-134 affidavit of support that diversity winners are supposed to have to get the visa - 6 times minimum poverty guidelines. That's like $70,000 for a family of 1. When you do AoS do they ask to see a bank statement with that much? What kind of an immigrant has that much cash? Or is everybody here rich?

So what happens in real life? Do they accept real property appraisals from a relative or do you have to find some American to sponsor you? Are real property appraisals "liquid enough"? Can one get bank statements from a non-US citizen? This seems to be the major obstacle most diversity winners won't be able to overcome.

Getting a job offer in this economy is obviously pretty much impossible, especially for an immigrant that doesn't even have his papers yet.
Getting a US citizen sponsor for an immigrant - that's a joke. What kind of an immigrant can find Americans to sponsor him?

So how do most of you guys plan to do this?

30. Marco Curreli: Can a Diversity Immigrant Visa applicant who is scheduled for a consular interview in London meet / satisfy the public charge provisions of the law by submitting SOLELY the following 2 pieces of evidence? 1) The applicant’s own bank statement showing the present balance of his account, the date the account was opened, the number and amount of deposits and withdrawals during the past 12 months, and the average balance during the year? If so, what is the minimum present balance and minimum average balance during the year required by the consular office? And 2) Proof of the applicant’s ownership of an automobile, in the form of an automobile title and the bank records showing the applicant’s monthly car payments to date? *

Consular Officer: A DV applicant may submit bank statement(s) showing the present balance of account(s) and activity over the past 12 months as proof of assets to satisfy the public charge provisions of U.S. immigration law. The current balance must meet 5 times the annual salary for the applicant’s family size, as specified on the I-864P as 125% of the poverty line. Example: For a family size of 1-2 people, the DV applicant must submit proof of at least $91,060 in cash, liquid assets. The applicant should be able to explain the source of funds in their bank accounts. If an applicant does not have sufficient assets, s/he may submit an I-134 completed by a joint sponsor that lives in the U.S as either a U.S. citizen or Legal Permanent Resident.

forums. immigration.com/showthread.php?311936-Proof-of-Funds-needed-at-DV-Interview-in-London

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, this thread is for people in US ONLY, so we are not familiar with this, go ahead and create a DV 2012 Consular Processing forum.

What Cash Value of Assets is Needed?

The total net value of assets, less liens and liabilities against them, must equal five times the difference between the sponsor's income and 125% of the poverty level for the household size

See

travel. state. gov /visa/immigrants/info/info_3183.html

(remove the spaces in the address)

You are talking about something required for consular processing, not for change of status in the US.

proof of funds is still required for AoS. So how much are we required to prove for one person? Is it different for when you AS than when you CP?

I actually need this info both for AoS and CP - for 2 people doing different processing.