• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Hi

What are the eligibility requirements for filling the I-131 ( Advance Parole)? I read some where that you are eligible to fill it if either
1) You are filling it concurrently with the I-485
2)You are filling it after you fill the I-485

Can someone please confirm this for me. The reason I ask this is that I have an internship in Europe this summer and will be back in August, but I plan to send in my DSP-122 before leaving. If the above is correct, I can leave and enter the US with my F-1 status without any problems.
Thanx

For people adjusting their F-1 status, what did you tick for (6) in the DSP - 122. ie Check the highest level of EDUCATION COMPLETED? High school right. that is if you haven't yet graduated from the US college

What do you mean by the US College?

For people adjusting their F-1 status, what did you tick for (6) in the DSP - 122. ie Check the highest level of EDUCATION COMPLETED? High school right. that is if you haven't yet graduated from the US college

It is nor based on previous year's experience. If you do not send DSP-122 and your photographs you are nowhere. You have to claim that you won otherwise KCC will not care to begin processing your case.
That's why you have to send "$440 fee & doc from the website to Missouri" as described at www . travel . state . gov visa visa_4763.html

Dear all,
I am a DV 2011 winner and doing AOS. My case was current for Feb, and my biometrics was done in March 21. I have been waiting for the interview letter to come. When I looked at other cases posted here, the interview letter has mostly arrived within a month from the date of biometrics. Does any one have any idea how long it will take? Thank you very much.

What is your field office? Call USCIS Customer Care and also make Infopass to your local USCIS office.

kafalgedi;229 2530 said:
Dear all,
I am a DV 2011 winner and doing AOS. My case was current for Feb, and my biometrics was done in March 21. I have been waiting for the interview letter to come. When I looked at other cases posted here, the interview letter has mostly arrived within a month from the date of biometrics. Does any one have any idea how long it will take? Thank you very much.

Hi
In the form DS 230, where it says Name and address of Petitioner, do I put my name since I am the selectee?

Hello! Me and my wife have won the lottery.

I have: 2012XX00004XXX

She has: 2012XX00003XXX

1) Do we have to file in the same time? (which is the better option)

2) She has hight school diploma and she never worked, I have 2 university diplomas (one in states and one n my country) + 6 years of work experience.

3) We will file AOS definitely. (our status Runs out in February 2012), do we have enough time?

4) I have called KCC DV, they told me "to proceed please send form DSP 122" not mentioned anything about photos. I asked him is this it? he replied "Yes!" (do I need to send photos?)

5) For my case I have to pay $440 or $880 for 2 person (me principal - applicant and dependent - my wife)

6) After I have filed everything, do I have to mail in receipt of payment back to Kentucky (money sent to Missouri)?

Thank you

Congrats for winning double lottery. Wow! First thing you want to do is decide from whom you would like to file AOS. I suggest SHE be the principal applicant (her CN is lower), it is of course up to you to decide. I am not sure if both of you can apply as a principal applicant, make sure with KCC. But I would not do that. Just you or she be the principal applicant and then use only one selection letter.....
3. Yes you have enough time. I think you will become current in October 2011. Which region are you from? AS AF OC???
4. Send DSP-122 for principal applicant only, 2 color photos of both you and your spouse, DS-230 for you and your spouse to KCC as soon as you can. Take your time. You have time but do not delay much.
5. $880 for two person adjusting status in USA
6. You mail the cashier's check or money order to Department of State with a self-addressed stamped envelope and get the receipt back. You need this receipt for your interview with uscis later, also you need to send a copy of this receipt with your I-485 packet to be sent to uscis later...remeber you need to pay separate 2*$1070 to uscis later for I-485 application+biometrics fees after your number becomes current in the DOS visa bulletin.

Hello! Me and my wife have won the lottery.

I have: 2012XX00004XXX

She has: 2012XX00003XXX

1) Do we have to file in the same time? (which is the better option)

2) She has hight school diploma and she never worked, I have 2 university diplomas (one in states and one n my country) + 6 years of work experience.

3) We will file AOS definitely. (our status Runs out in February 2012), do we have enough time?

4) I have called KCC DV, they told me "to proceed please send form DSP 122" not mentioned anything about photos. I asked him is this it? he replied "Yes!" (do I need to send photos?)

5) For my case I have to pay $440 or $880 for 2 person (me principal - applicant and dependent - my wife)

6) After I have filed everything, do I have to mail in receipt of payment back to Kentucky (money sent to Missouri)?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats for winning double lottery. Wow! First thing you want to do is decide from whom you would like to file AOS. I suggest SHE be the principal applicant (her CN is lower), it is of course up to you to decide. I am not sure if both of you can apply as a principal applicant, make sure with KCC. But I would not do that. Just you or she be the principal applicant and then use only one selection letter.....
3. Yes you have enough time. I think you will become current in October 2011. Which region are you from? AS AF OC???
4. Send DSP-122 for principal applicant only, 2 color photos of both you and your spouse, DS-230 for you and your spouse to KCC as soon as you can. Take your time. You have time but do not delay much.
5. $880 for two person adjusting status in USA
6. You mail the cashier's check or money order to Department of State with a self-addressed stamped envelope and get the receipt back. You need this receipt for your interview with uscis later, also you need to send a copy of this receipt with your I-485 packet to be sent to uscis later...remeber you need to pay separate 2*$1070 to uscis later for I-485 application+biometrics fees after your number becomes current in the DOS visa bulletin.

Thank you for quick reply!

1) Because I already sent today my DSP-122 , tomorrow I will send another envelope containing 4 color photographs total (me and her) and DS-230. Correct?

2) Is there a premium processing for I-485?

3) Address is correct for I-485?

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5520

4) Why do I need form DS-230? ( we are in states already)

Thank you Feel!!!

Hello,
I want to thank who ever started this forum. I was selected for further processing in the DV2012 lottery, with priority number 2012XX00004XXX, (don't know if is classified as a low number). I am currently in the US on an F-1 Visa. Graduated last May, but I'm currently on OPT.

Following the instructions from the selection letter it instructs Diversity visa selectee to go a website for further instructions and it says "when the principal (primary) diversity visa selectee is already physically present in the U.S., you may be eligible to apply to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for adjustment of status. Click Adjust Status to learn more" when you click on the link, it doesn't tell you how to verify if you are eligible for AOS. Does anyone know how to verify this?

Also there was no mention of a Form DSP-122. Please, I would like if anyone knows how to move forward in filing for AOS.
Thank you in advance.

PS. After further investigation, if you read the letter that notifies you of your selection at the bottom it says "Please return this barcode sheet to facilitate the processing of your case when you return the DSP-122 and DS230 (Part I & II) to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC)

Hi,

I'm also a winner of DV2012 with case #17XXX (Is this classified as a low number?) Currently also in OPT and F-1 Visa.
From what I have read in this thread, to apply for AOS 2012 I would have to submit the following asap:

1) DSP-122 (I also couldn't find anything in the instructions mentioning DSP-122)
2) DS-230
3) 2 photos
4) Application fee of $440 (This goes to Missouri right?)

Just want to confirm if i'm missing anything?

Do I send these documents to KCC?

Do I make the payment first? or could I get these documents on the way first?

Thanks !!!

Primarily because they're talking based on previous years experience, not 2012.

It seems to me that the only thing we are supposed to do is send the $440 fee & doc from the website to Missouri, and file when our numbers come up. Anyone thinking the same thing?
Craig and Astro, you are right. The instructions do not ask for any forms if you are going the AOS route. It was the same situation for DV2011. It is just that bad information gets propagated from one year to the next, and people do not read the instructions for themselves.
It is much easier to get the answer in a forum.

You are doing well reading the instructions. It is important to read the threads from previous years, particularly 2010 and 2011, but take that information with a grain of salt and always use your judgment as well.

If you call KCC you are going to get conflicting answers, depending on who answers the phone. Some representatives tell you to send only form 122, others say that you have to add also photos or form 230. These are entry level people reading from a script, and they primarily know what is required for CP.
Sending these forms does not harm you, but it does not help you either.

The $440 fee per applicant is required, and it must be mailed to a different address as you already know.

For DV2011, almost everybody has sent form DSP-122 (myself included), just because it was easy to fill in and mail, and for "peace of mind". But a couple of people raised the same issue last year if you read through the DV2011 AOS thread.

Too many people have also sent a combination of pictures and form DS-230, although they are not required. It made no difference in how the file was processed, of course.

Somebody else was thinking of traveling to Europe during summer. As far as I know, that is ok, as long as you do not submit form I-485 before you leave, and you should not send that form before October 1st anyway.
There is no danger if you send the fee or the optional DSP-122 form before traveling.

Hi everyone,

I was selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for the fiscal year 2012. Currently, I'm in the US on an F-1 visa and I was wondering if someone could tell me what to do next (I have been reading here and there and I think at this point, I only need to send DSP-122 Form with 2 color photos and the bar code page to KCC, right?) Is that all I need to do at this moment?

Also, my number is 2010AS00010XXX. Do you consider this as a low number and when do you think I'll be current?

Your help will be very much appreciated!!

Craig and Astro, you are right. The instructions do not ask for any forms if you are going the AOS route. It was the same situation for DV2011. It is just that bad information gets propagated from one year to the next, and people do not read the instructions for themselves.
It is much easier to get the answer in a forum.

You are doing well reading the instructions. It is important to read the threads from previous years, particularly 2010 and 2011, but take that information with a grain of salt and always use your judgment as well.

If you call KCC you are going to get conflicting answers, depending on who answers the phone. Some representatives tell you to send only form 122, others say that you have to add also photos or form 230. These are entry level people reading from a script, and they primarily know what is required for CP.
Sending these forms does not harm you, but it does not help you either.

The $440 fee per applicant is required, and it must be mailed to a different address as you already know.

For DV2011, almost everybody has sent form DSP-122 (myself included), just because it was easy to fill in and mail, and for "peace of mind". But a couple of people raised the same issue last year if you read through the DV2011 AOS thread.

Too many people have also sent a combination of pictures and form DS-230, although they are not required. It made no difference in how the file was processed, of course.

Somebody else was thinking of traveling to Europe during summer. As far as I know, that is ok, as long as you do not submit form I-485 before you leave, and you should not send that form before October 1st anyway.
There is no danger if you send the fee or the optional DSP-122 form before traveling.

Thanks for providing a answer that also replied to my questions. Another questions is I see many posts here on the AOS 2012 and AOS 2011. I am wondering what is the barcode for DSP-122? I do no see any barcodes on my paper that i printed out.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I was selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for the fiscal year 2012. Currently, I'm in the US on an F-1 visa and I was wondering if someone could tell me what to do next (I have been reading here and there and I think at this point, I only need to send DSP-122 Form with 2 color photos and the bar code page to KCC, right?) Is that all I need to do at this moment?

Also, my number is 2010AS00010XXX. Do you consider this as a low number and when do you think I'll be current?

Your help will be very much appreciated!!

I spoke to a representative at KCC this morning and He said you should initially send the form DSP-122 and DS-230 to KCC with 2 passport photographs and without a fee. I'm not sure if you will be instructed to pay a fee at a later date.

I spoke to a representative at KCC this morning and He said you should initially send the form DSP-122 and DS-230 to KCC with 2 passport photographs and without a fee. I'm not sure if you will be instructed to pay a fee at a later date.

Hmm. I think i am going to go with DSP-122 + photos only. The top of the DS-230 specifically says it is for consular processing only. I read the last year's threat and it didn't seem like it made any difference. i am assuming that if it's a problem, they would instruct me to submit the additional form.

Hmm. I think i am going to go with DSP-122 + photos only. The top of the DS-230 specifically says it is for consular processing only. I read the last year's threat and it didn't seem like it made any difference. i am assuming that if it's a problem, they would instruct me to submit the additional form.

Astro, you are right, I just spoke to a KCC representative again and she confirmed that if you are currently in the States and plan to file an AOS all you need to send in initially is the form DSP-122, letter with barcode and 2 photos only.

Thanks for the look out and congratulations on your win