• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

This is a citation from the DV-2011 Instructions:

"You must have either a high school education or its equivalent...
A "high school education or equivalent" is defined as successful completion of a twelve-year course of elementary and secondary education in the United States or successful completion in another country of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to a high school education in the United States. Only formal courses of study meet this requirement; correspondence programs or equivalency certificates (such as the G.E.D.) are not acceptable"

From this above, I think that they are specifically stating the 12-year course of elementary and secondary education as the only equivalent to a high school education. If that's the case than it doesn't matter if your aggregated education surpasses the 12-year course. The only ones that can give you a definite answer to your dilemma are those from the KCC so consider e-mailing them or perhaps giving them a call would be better.

What about the work experience option, have you checked if you qualify through that?

My friend completed High School in the US (in school, not online) at the age of 14 so she never did the 12 years of HS and she is in College as a Junior. She showed her HS diploma and had sent her HS transcript in the package and was not asked any questions about it, but she was asked about her College credits since she had filled out a certain amount of credit hours based on what she would have at the end of last semester but when she sent her College transcript it showed less since that one was sent before the semester was over....

IMO it has to be the equivelent of HS and it doesn't matter how long it took you to get the diploma but you need to have proof of the diploma in case you will be asked.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1322.html

Lottery Winner Notification

Diversity Visa lottery applicants selected are notified by mail between May and July of the next year, following DV Online entry. Lottery entrants selected are provided further instructions, including information on fees connected with immigration to the U.S. Those selected in the random drawing are NOT notified by email. Those individuals NOT selected will NOT receive any notification. The Diversity Visa Lottery Instructions "Selection of Applicants" section provides information about the DV timeframe and process.
---------------------

So stop making your self crazy...nothing has been sent out...any one who is stating they received a NL is making a false claim! Relax and wait till next month!:)

Diversity Visa lottery applicants selected are notified by mail between May and July of the next year, following DV Online entry. Lottery entrants selected are provided further instructions, including information on fees connected with immigration to the U.S. Those selected in the random drawing are NOT notified by email. Those individuals NOT selected will NOT receive any notification. The Diversity Visa Lottery Instructions "Selection of Applicants" section provides information about the DV timeframe and process.
---------------------

So stop making your self crazy...nothing has been sent out...any one who is stating they received a NL is making a false claim! Relax and wait till next month!:)

bentlebee,

that is what you will see on their site every year, however i got my 1st NL April last year for Dv 2010. So what am i saying, it is REAL in Africa, people have started getting their NL.

Last edited by a moderator:

---------------------

Many letter has been send out already dated March 31. Also if you look at the signatures in AOS thread you will also notice a lot of people has received their first letter March/April.

However, I think you are 100% correct it's nothing to go crazy about. If you get it you get it, if not then there is always next year.

This is just a fun thread, and we are keeping each other entertained ;)

---------------------

Hi bentlebee!!
I called the KCC twice and they told me TWICE that they will send the NL on the begginning of April!!!
So dont think that FLAG 's statement is fake ......

Time really flies—it's April 12 already. But the problem is: NO LETTER! Yes, I know that letters for Europe probably haven't started to arrive yet or maybe haven't even been mailed by now, but it all smells to me that even June 12 will come and the problem will still be: NO LETTER!

Hi USA!!!
I feel the same way ...LOL:D:D:D IT S SOO FRUSTRATING!!!
But when u see last year thread about the new winners 2010, It s kind of the same, 2 or 3 winners the 1st week and nothing after 1 week / 10 days ...And for Europe people started winning in May... HOPE THIS YEAR Europe will be Earlier!!
Im sure they will come in the same time, And soonn u will screeeaaammmmm I GOT MY LETTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Im sure today will be a Awesome NL letter Day for some people !!!!!!

Hey Diafa! :)

Yeah, it's always pretty much the same every year. I think the only thing that's different this year is the record number of views of the thread related to NLs. :)

the Number of views is INCREDIBLE!!!! :cool::cool:
42,542 in what, not even 2 months....!!!;););)
THANNNNNNNNNKKSSS EVERYONE !!
AND SPECIALLY U USA! WHO STARTED THIS THREAD!!! :D

It is my turn

Am 100% sure dat dis week,am going to recieve my letter bcos its a convenant btw me and God.......so rejoice wit me for my NL is on d way....lol

hello house....i know the tension is very high now....but always remember that we all need to continue praying,for Faith without work is dead....God is on our sides on this be rest assured......hope everybodys Monday is going well?....

hello house....i know the tension is very high now....but always remember that we all need to continue praying,for Faith without work is dead....God is on our sides on this be rest assured......hope everybodys Monday is going well?....

HI SLIMBROWN!!!
U definitely RIGHT!! Keep PRAYING!!
That is the best thing we can do!!!! Everything happenned for a reason and if we have to win we will!!!!!
Nothing this morning in France also ....Still 2 months and half We all have to keep it up!!!
As in US it s still early morning (8am), maybe later we will have some a one winner from US...
God Bless Everyone!!!!

NIGERIA? SO SOON!

Hello Everyone,
Diafa,USA,Slimbrown, Good to know that winners are getting their notification letters. Hope to get mine in Laogs Nigeria very soon. Wish everyone best of luck.

Hi OVICITY!!!!
How r you??
I ve read in DV 2010 NIgeria winners that 2 or 3 people have already received their NL!!!!
Crossed Fingers for u Ovicity!!!U should get it sooooonnnn Im sure !!!!!!

Thanks Diafra,
I'm anxiously waiting 4 my notification letter. God help us all in this forum. We all av one goal and that is the winning letter.

hi all
i am from egypt and no one here in egypt recive any letter from dv 2011
i hope that i became first egyptian win dv 2011 and you be first friends know that
thanks

hi all
i am from egypt and no one here in egypt recive any letter from dv 2011
i hope that i became first egyptian win dv 2011 and you be first friends know that
thanks

Hi dvolivertwist!!
Wekcome to the thread!!

And btw Flag who won on last April 2nd, was from Egypt....but living in the US...So u wont be the First but Hope the second one!!!
WIsh u BEST LUCK !!!!