• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

USA!

Banned
Since it often happened in previous years that Notification Letters arrive as early as the beginning of March, we might soon be hearing from lucky winners!

Hi USA!!

OO dont know some 1st NL was so early!!
Well lets begin in a Week or more so!!!
Ealier is it better it will be!
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!
Hope everybody will get what he wants & that everybody will continue to help each other!!!!
TAKE CARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xoxo

I also applied for DV 2011 and i trust God for He has done it already. I wish everyone in the house a wonderfull success story ahead.

:)I definitely Understand U !!
It is soo hard to wait each year!!! specially now that i ve finished my degree the most thing that i want in this world is getting this GC soooo baddd!!!! LOL
4th or 5th time I'm playing every single years were deceptions,hope this one will be the one for everybody who's waiting!
The 1st one getting it in this forum hopefully will post it...
by the way I played as my born country is France Europe!!
Im gonna pray pray ......& pray and hopefully god will listen to my prayer & to everyone too!!!!
xoxo
Take Care Everybody!!!:):):):):cool::cool::cool:

I am not sure if it's true or not, but I have heard that they send out notifications to people living in the USA first. Anyone aware of this?

Good luck to everyone.

I hear you guys!

Dont know if we'll get them that early this year, but even if we dont the NLs will be on there way in 2-3 months the most for all regions. Been waiting for ages now (hope this years application doesnt get disqualified due to photo red eye remover) so this year I'm trying to be patient. I will just wait and see when this years letters will be sent out and then start checking my mailbox for that precious white envelope :).

@Boer: it only takes a couple of days for a letter in the US to be delivered so I believe that this is the reason that they receive it first. Never heard or read anything about prioritizing US based applicants letters

Hi everybody!!
Think your are right tigerman, the only thing that make the US winners get the NL first its cause the shipment is faster inside the US ....
Hope U ll ge it this year !!! dont think the red eyes remover will disqualified u...
Being patient is tough for everything specially when u really want something!!!! Keep yourself busy ...lol:):cool:
Time goes fast !!!!!
Have a good day everyone!!

Not true...it depends on the case #.

My friend had EU00011xxx and got her NL later than people with a lower case #....she lived in the US for 10 years so that is proof that it doesn't matter where you live but what case # you get is what makes the difference. She received her NL in late May of 2009...and already people were mentioning they ha gotten the NL.

That makes sense... Thanks for the info it's much appreciated.

Hope we all check back to this thread soon with good news :)

@bentlebee: of course that is pure logic you may very well live in the US and receive it in a later stage. what we were saying is about the initial batches of NLs. Asy ou know they are sent in several bundles and the first NLs sent out each year obviously arrive at there US destinations much quicker than the non-US addresses. well actually what matters is that we receive an NL with a case number that becomes current so who cares when and where we receive it :)

do you guys think this year will be the least ppl applying DV among the past yrs? since the economy was so bad last yr and over 10% unemployment rate. it may discourage some ppl to apply dv this yr.

:)HI DVLAKER!

U might be right & wrong it depends on people's purpose "why they wanna go to the USA" I'm French (algerian origins) and same here I have a 5 years degree and no job (I dont have a job not just due to the bad economy but to a lot of discrimination over here)....I dont have kids or anything that will stop me (USA has high price for the education & no social security : here in france those 2things r free) ... And I would go to the US absolutly no matter what ! & leave my family that ii love, for a lot of reasons one of them is coz france made me hate this country (specially discrimination)..and I absolutly feel at home in the USA I ve been 7 times last years and a lot more the others previous years, but Im sure for some people who have a good job in their country & a family wont play with their life, leave everything now, start all over with no really chance to find a job and be stable! It certainly depends on people and their reasons...but I think no matter if there is a lot of people playing or not if your destiny is to win this year u will...I believe a lot in god and destiny and everything happened for a reason...
Wish u all the best and specially to be a winner this year!!!

@tigerman : I care on receiving the letter early, it will be truly awesome for me to know in april and not the end of june.....and having a low CN...for multiple reasons ( 1st for the reason that I wont be in France from june to september) ....for some people it matters...And its always good to add some Happiness Earlier in his life :):):):):):)

Last edited by a moderator:
:)HI DVLAKER!

U might be right & wrong it depends on people's purpose "why they wanna go to the USA" I'm French (algerian origins) and same here I have a 5 years degree and no job (I dont have a job not just due to the bad economy but to a lot of discrimination over here)....I dont have kids or anything that will stop me (USA has high price for the education & no social security : here in france those 2things r free) ... And I would go to the US absolutly no matter what ! & leave my family that ii love, for a lot of reasons one of them is coz france made me hate this country (specially discrimination)..and I absolutly feel at home in the USA I ve been 7 times last years and a lot more the others previous years, but Im sure for some people who have a good job in their country & a family wont play with their life, leave everything now, start all over with no really chance to find a job and be stable! It certainly depends on people and their reasons...but I think no matter if there is a lot of people playing or not if your destiny is to win this year u will...I believe a lot in god and destiny and everything happened for a reason...
Wish u all the best and specially to be a winner this year!!!

@tigerman : I care on receiving the letter early, it will be truly awesome for me to know in april and not the end of june.....and having a low CN...for multiple reasons ( 1st for the reason that I wont be in France from june to september) ....for some people it matters...And its always good to add some Happiness Earlier in his life :):):):):):)

I totally agree with diafa, people play the DV for different reasons, job or no job i am US bound. But come to think about it, must we all look for job in USA, like some us from Africa we can go into buying and selling. Buy fairly used goods (expecially cars, truks, mechinaries etc) export it to Africa make some money. You will find out that at the long run you don't need a job. I f God prospers you the sky would be your limit.

What am i saying, job alone is not the ultimate reason for migrating to US for some of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly! That s at least what i think too! Job is one of the main point but there is a lot more things to take in consideration (family, childrens, education, health, money, personalities, security, language, adaptation...& so much more) ....
Only one month before the KCC start to spread the envelopes....We will know soon!
May God help us to do good things around us and help each other!!!

I understand your reason for wanting to get the GC and how anxious you are about it....but since you are out of a job for 5 years, can you proof that you have enough funding/job offer or a sponsor waiting for you to be eligible?

Otherwise you might risk after receiving the NL to be denied do to hardly having a chance to get a job over here due to the economy. People over here are looking for jobs and might have better credentials than you have with 5 years of unemployment...

The US is getting more strict with letting people into the country and approving visa's.

Even friends of mine who are traveling on a tourist visa had trouble getting into the country this time after coming over here for years and always have kept to the rules and never overstayed or even got a parking ticket.

Things are changing and they have to, but often they are targeting the wrong people...which is the good people and the bad people do get in....:(

Hi beetlebee!

I m just 24years old, did a MBA Im french and since Im 19 wich as you say 5 years back Im in school...
I did a lot of Internships, in Dubai, USA with a J1 Visa, in London and Hongkong... I will start a PHD in September so I hope the US will not reject me if I win, coz I didnt work 5 years back due to my education. I have some money saved and I think its enough to show them that I can definetly live without being support for some years and my parents can help me sooo.... As Im french (born & raised with a french passeport) going to the US is easy with a waiver visa I ve been 7 times in 2009 and never had any problem...U certainly right for certain countries, & u right saying that some people deserve totally to have a full access to US without all this B**S**...Its life nothing can change about that specially right now, its sad and Getting worst as u said!!
Hope with my MBA & hopefully a PHD I will not be refused if i ll win...
Will seeee...

If you haven't finished your J1 requirements you will be denied a GC so better check if you have been back in France for 2 years as the requirements are for a J1 visa......All the times you have spend abroad will be added to get to the 2 years for completion....if you have met the reqquirements than you should be fine, otherwise you can end up paying all your fees after winning the lottery and be denied for a GC and that isn't what you want....so check a.s.a.p.:)