• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

thank you diafa
i hope i win even became the last here
Hi dvolivertwist!!
Wekcome to the thread!!

And btw Flag who won on last April 2nd, was from Egypt....but living in the US...So u wont be the First but Hope the second one!!!
WIsh u BEST LUCK !!!!

Dv 2010

I got news very recently that I win DV 2010. They gave me case number, I called KCC, they confirmed, yes. Now the point is...

I am living in Germany during 6 years, and my home country is different....
How can I apply for 2nd letter.....As yet I didn't receive Bar code !

Is it possible to reply without Barcode to KCC for 2nd letter ?

Thanks for your answering.

And I should give new Photo right, very recent !

I got news very recently that I win DV 2010. They gave me case number, I called KCC, they confirmed, yes. Now the point is...

I am living in Germany during 6 years, and my home country is different....
How can I apply for 2nd letter.....As yet I didn't receive Bar code !

Is it possible to reply without Barcode to KCC for 2nd letter ?

Thanks for your answering.

And I should give new Photo right, very recent !

You need to clarify a little bit about where/how did you get the news and and who gave you the case number—Did your 1st latter get lost somewhere and you found out that you had won on the DV website OR you played through some agency or one of those websites offering such service.

If your 1st letter got lost somewhere (so you'll never have the Bar code) then you should have asked the KCC when you called them to tell you exactly what to do in your situation and they would probably tell you to send everything else except the bar code since you simply can't obtain it as it got lost.

If you played through some agency than they are obligated to send/give you everything that comes in the 1st envelope—so ask them to do so if they haven't already. In that case you'll have everything including the bar code so you only have to act really quickly so that you don't miss the opportunity if your Case Number becomes current and you still haven't sent the documents from the 1st letter.

Yeah, yeah, the photo should be recent.

Last edited by a moderator:
DVLaker,

Well, if they send the letters in alphabetical order than we might suppose that they haven't started to mail the letters for Europe as of today because they would first mail all the letters for Africa, then for Asia, and only then would they start to mail the letters for Europe. But we don't know for sure how and in what order they send the letters, I only know with certainty that they send them in batches. Also, today is already April 13, so even if they send the letters as I guessed above, the question is how long it takes them to send all the letters for one region, and would they already have gotten to sending letters for Europe region by today in case they started at the beginning of April as they told Diafa (on the phone) they would.

Last edited by a moderator:
My region is Europe living in US and still nothing in my mailbox :( The past years, most of people from Europe started getting their first NL end of April and May. So let's hooooope! :)

Can anyone tell me which of these two methods offers the better chance of applying and winning the lottery. Is it applying by oneself or through an agent ?

I don't want to say anything disappointing,,, but these are just my observations >>>

I know a quite few people who won the DV lottery,,, I found that the connection between them all that they were not waiting for the NL letters and even many of them didn't know when these letters are distributed >>> further more ,, most of them didn't apply for themselves ...

In contrary to many of my friends who are just like us here waiting for the NL every year ,,, asking about exact day of the first NL,, and which day in the week it was received in 2009 in Nigeria ,,, and which country in Asia received the letters first,,, making statistics >>>> and finally July comes and that is it >>>> home sweat home >>>

I was just thinking out loud

Can anyone tell me which of these two methods offers the better chance of applying and winning the lottery. Is it applying by oneself or through an agent ?

Hi enfantsimple!!
I played 4 years with an agency and I never even got the possibility to make my entry to the DV right coz my picture was wrong ...And i got it just this year that my picture with this agency was wrong , coz I wanted to check if I can take back this pic to do my entry this year and the entire pic was wrong, from the position to the colors.....
So one Advice : PLAY BY URSELF!!!!!
People that I know who won all played by themself...thats why this year I did it by myself!

I don't want to say anything disappointing,,, but these are just my observations >>>

I know a quite few people who won the DV lottery,,, I found that the connection between them all that they were not waiting for the NL letters and even many of them didn't know when these letters are distributed >>> further more ,, most of them didn't apply for themselves ...

In contrary to many of my friends who are just like us here waiting for the NL every year ,,, asking about exact day of the first NL,, and which day in the week it was received in 2009 in Nigeria ,,, and which country in Asia received the letters first,,, making statistics >>>> and finally July comes and that is it >>>> home sweat home >>>

I was just thinking out loud

Hi egy!
I know people who waited so much and were at the limit to get crazy with the DV and won....
I just think that everything happenned for a reason, we all have our destiny, no matter you look for infos for the DV lottery or not....
If u have to win this year we will, no matter u think about it everyday or not....
This thread reunite a lot of people for one dream : USA, and we also share some of our thoughts and life it s a good way to start a good day and enjoy some advice and thought ...
We all have a life and just kind of wanna our dream to become true but if not we will try next year and next year next.....next....next year!!!!
We all know that its a lottery and its about chance (for me destiny)....

STAY POSITIVE NO MATTER WHAT!!!!
KEEPT IT UP !!!
Cheerrrssss Guys!!

Saint2010,

Kentucky Email Address: KCCDV@state.gov

But remember that in order to get an reply e-mail from them, your e-mail will have to include: Case Number, PA Name (which is your full name), Date of Birth, at the beginning.

@Diafa thank you for encouraging words ,,

but I want to say also something for you that I was really sad after what happened after that silly football match in Sudan between both our countries ,,, It was really crazy ,,, We shouldn't let ignorant bigots in both our countries who have hidden agendas to break the historic relations between our countries >>> I really believe we are all one Omma ,,, really can't believe that we can fight over something like this ,,, I felt that we want to back to pre-historic ages ,, when people used to get mad and wage wars for such trivial incidents ,,,

Anyway we should start teaching the ignorant people in both our countries that the relation between Egypt and Algeria are historic and that we have a joint destiny ...

@Diafa thank you for encouraging words ,,

but I want to say also something for you that I was really sad after what happened after that silly football match in Sudan between both our countries ,,, It was really crazy ,,, We shouldn't let ignorant bigots in both our countries who have hidden agendas to break the historic relations between our countries >>> I really believe we are all one Omma ,,, really can't believe that we can fight over something like this ,,, I felt that we want to back to pre-historic ages ,, when people used to get mad and wage wars for such trivial incidents ,,,

Anyway we should start teaching the ignorant people in both our countries that the relation between Egypt and Algeria are historic and that we have a joint destiny ...

u R 10000000000000000000% RIGHT!!
I ALSO WAS SHOCKED, THAT THIS HAPPENNED OVER A FOOTBALL MATCH....NOTHING WORTH THIS KIND OF REACTION IN LIFE !!!
I ALSO THINK THAT WE R ALL HUMAN ALL THE SAME DOESNT MATTER WHERE WE LIVE, OUR RELIGION OR WHAT WE DO ...
WE ALL DESERVE REPSECT AND TO BE JUDGE BY NOBODY!!!
AND SHOULD ALL LIVE WITHOUT WAR OR FIGHTING OVER STUPID THINGS AND NOTHING IN LIVE IS WORTH DO FIGHT THIS WAY (LIKE ANIMALS).......
I DO LOVE EGYPT I VE BEEN THERE TWICE AND LOVED THERE!!!!

Hi-everyone.i-am-new-on-this-forum-and-also-praying-and-earnestly-awaiting-the-big-white-or-is-it-brown-envelope.
Pardon-my-typing-cos-my-spacebar-is-faulty.

Diafa,u,write-good-english-for-someone-who-was-born-and-raised-in-france.go-girl.

Good-luck-to-us-all,amen.

Gud morning house mates.......ow's it goin?.......God has done it be hopeful........and give the world a smile......um!!!?

I am from Africa living in Germany. It is amazing to see how many entrees for DV2011 know people who have won. I don't know anyone or haven't even heard of a someone who won from any of my friends and family. I've read there is a 2% chance of someone from Africa winning. Only 2%!!!!! It is really uplifting to see how possitive the DV 2011 entrees are in the face of these odds. I really hope you guys get it this year.

Asia - Iran - Address maryland - USA

Hi friends,

Nothing till now in maryland i'm iranian waiting since 2003,
I hope the best for all of you!
Please make this thread live ! it's very important ,I'm checking this thread every 30 min !

Hi friends,

Nothing till now in maryland i'm iranian waiting since 2003,
I hope the best for all of you!
Please make this thread live ! it's very important ,I'm checking this thread every 30 min !

Hi Brian,

I am also located in MD, and awaiting my letter ;)

Good luck, I hope more letter will arrive this week.