• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

I know we av lost alot, i hope these few pasi experience will help

Exp 1
seandelli
If u r an impatient person or have a thing against waiting for long hours,then prepare urself for the time of ur life cos there's a lot of waiting involved.
Ok so here is my experience.

I got to the embassy at around 6 30 am. A lot of people were gathered under a tree closeby so i joined them since the doors were about to be open.
The guard called us to form a queue in front of the embassy @ 7 15am, one which is for immigrant visa applicants and the other non immigrants.
After he took my appointment letter(1st page of second NL) he asked me to take a bowl which will be given to you and drop in it all electronic gadgets on you. I wanted to leave fast so i didnt take any gadgets.
After entering, i went through the security check and walked towards the embassy itself. There was no one there so i took a seat on some benches which were there. I was with a lot of other dv winners b@ i seemed to know a lot and what to do thanks to this forum.
As we sat there the guard directed other applicants who were not dv winners b@ coming for a visa to the embassy.
We sat there for a while until after about 45 mins, when a white man and a ghanaian came and gave us white sheets to fill in our names and your qualification(whether by education or occupation). He briefed us also about how much u'l pay and whether u want to reschedule and other things.
After filling the form, we took the form together with our notification letter to the guard, who will direct u to go and pay your money to the cashier.
After that, we waited for about 2hrs before the dv applicants were attended to.
We were called one after the other by the ghanaian who came to brief us outside;he took our documents and finger prints. I gave him all the docs i brout with me and he took out the ones he needed and gave the rest back to me.
After i did not wait for long before the Consular officer called my name to come to window 6.
CO: gudmornin
me: gudmornin
CO: are u married
Me: no
CO: do u have any children
me: no
CO: u have never been married
Me: no
CO: it seems we have everythin we need, u are in the uni. Right, knust
Me: yes
CO: what course are u offernig
Me: i answer
CO: tell me about it
me: i answer
CO: would u like to take ur visa now or after u finish school in may?(cos am in final year)
Me: i'l take it now if u dont mind
CO: come on this day for ur visa.
He writes me a ticket and thats it. As easy as sleeping.

4 those in the university, About the docs, u need ur transcript(not necessarily but will help u prove ur in uni.), and an intro letter.
U need ur birth cert., wasssce/sssce with 4 passes inluding English and core maths, ur medical report and police report.
And ur passport and 2 passport pics(2" by 2")
u'l need 3 normal passport pics for ur medicals @ akai house, the medicals cost 308 cedis.
The police report can only be done at the headquarters in accra and is 20cedis.

Exp2 nigeria

whiteandblack

gistered User
my interview experience

i got there aroud 5.45am wit my wife n 8months old baby for 7.00am intrvw n by 6.30am we formed a queue for immigrant.we were tagged DV9 n getin in i payd 819dollars for 3 of us.we were cald by a naija woman to submit documents n by 8.45am we were cald for interview by a white guy
co- gud mornin
me n wife- ans
co- pls raise up ur rit hand n swear.
me n wife- ans
co- did u fil this kcc forms ur selfs?if yes sign on d pink line
me n wife- ans
co- i want to do biometrics for both of u (finger print)
co- madam pls go n sit down
co- can u tel me ur academic history
me- ans
co- what r the courses u took in ur last semester in sch
me- i started listing
co- tell me about operation research(one of d courses)
me- ans
co- when did u meet ur wife
me- ans
co- how did u meet her
me- ans
co- when did u get married
me- ans
he started keying somethings into d system n later stood up to pick a white paper from d printer n gave me all our original documents and my heart was thumping so hard at this moment.
co- congratulations u are qualified.
me- thank you
he gave me d welcome letter to go for our visas

exp 3 nigeria

omena
HALLELUYA PRAISE GOD!!!!
my interview experience
i got to the consulate with my family by 6am and by 6:30 we have started forming a line immigrant and non immigrant. we were called in and we paid the visa fees
we were the first to be interview for dv the interview when as follows

co_what is ur highest level of education
me----
co- what was your project topic
me---
co-can you talk on it
me------
co-were did you meet you wife
me-------
co-when did you get married
me-----
co-do you have pictures
me---
co- were would you be staying
me-----
co-who is staying there
me-----
co-are you working
me------
co-is it in line with what you studied
me------
co-pause, who would pick up the visa you or your wife
me-------
co-dont make any life changes until you pick up your visa
me------

i just want to thank everyone on this forume for their prayers and contribution God bless. pls go with three passport photos and make photocopies of all credientials and photocopies of marriage and birth certificate

Exp 4 nigeria
kehneah
Wow............@ house, thank you all.omo en easy.......thank baba god
the interview was indeed successful,got to the embassy around 5.45am,gawd........truthfully i was nervous but afta a while it all came down.went thru the first stage of collecting serial numbers then security check.....paid $819.....interview started 7.00 sharp,those people no get african time oo.
The interview was carried out by a white woman and she was kind, all the while she was asking me questions, i just felt she wasnt really interested in my ansas...u knw, but all the same........it went thus...............:

Swearing.....

Co: Whts ur mane??
Me: Reply
co:dob??
co: Place of birth??
co: Wht course did u study?/
co: Was the course imposed on you or you willingly chose it?
Co: Why did u choose the course
co: Tell me about it?
Co: What subjects did u offer??
Co: Wht was ur project topic??
Co: Did u do it alone or with a group
co: How did u go about it??
Co: Come back to this address next week to pick up your visa.
Me; thank you.

I really thank god.....
** pls for those who are being filed for, make sure u know about the person filing for u very well..as in very well...intoto, cos there was this guy(infact two) that claimed his fiance filed for him.when they finished with this guy..omo them no gree giv am oo.so make sure u knw ur petitioner very well

we all shall testify.thanks

Exp 5 nigeria
My Interview Xpirence
I got to the embassy around 5:40am. I just cldnt stand d torts of gettin there late. Around 7:30am, DV and IV were told to form a queue, den d stage of

gettin numbers and a small slip, sercurity chk points, paid d normal $819. Before i got into d main interview hall, anoda chk point again. shooo

I sat down and i was called abt 20mins aftr.Give me originals and photocopy of WAEC, Police report, University certificate, Birth Certificate (NPC) and my NYSC certificate was taken and i was told to go and have my seat. After abt 45mins i was finally called

I did d usual swearin tin den d interview started;

co: whats ur name?
me: replied
co: how old r u?
co: where did u serve (nysc)
me: i told him d town
co: which company did u serve with?
co: what do they do
co: what was ur job function there?
co: is dat all?
me: yes. d company dint let me much into their activities, since im more computer implied, i always helped with their systems
co: how long did u work there?
me: less than a year
co: why did u work there for less than a year
me: bcos i only served there and nysc is for a year. befor i was deployed there, we were @ orientation camp, and towards the end i had to leave for the passing out prep/ceremony
co: excuse me
me: ok
co: ok. what university did u attend
co: where is it?
co: how is the school?
me: replied & also added dat dey had strict rules.
co: tell me abt d rules
co: did u do a final year project
me: yes
co: what was ur final year project topic?
co: how did u get materials for the project?
me: i told him my uni. library was very rich with txt books and journals and i also used company xxx to carry out survey and distribute my questionnairs
co: how did u get access into the company
me: my dad introduced me to some1 there (i called d mans 1st name lol)
co: so how did u handle findings frm the questionairs u distributed there?
me: i really broke it down for him
co: ok, pls excuse me
me: ok, and i gave him a big smile and startd arrangin myself 2 leave cos i no say over sure dey worry my case. He came back and gave me dat pickup paper and i smiled even more. all d things he was sayin dint matter to me anymore. all i picked there was nxt week tuesday. lol

my interview lastd abt 5mins if not less dan. as soon as d co askd his question, i shot him with d answers immedatly, starrin very straight into his eyes.

even when i was sayin wat i dint no i was sayin, i gave it to him with 101% confidence. with super audible voice. (i think he was thrilled ) him no go no say na my dear forumites give me all those scope.

den i no anytime i over answer a question, dats wat he wil capitalize on nxt. i did dat twice cos i was sure of wat was comin nxt. 4 eg d part i said 'my sch had strict rules' and 'tellin him i also used a company to carry out survey' i cld ve skipd dat out, but i wantd it.

Im so greatful to God for makin it a success. Also i thank every1 who has contributed 1 way or d oda to this thread. either with ur interview xpirence, or with ur answers or even with questions u asked, i read them all, and it really gave me confidence in tacklin d whole process

Im prayin dat every member of dis forum dat hasnt* their interview will come out victorious. :bd

Exp6 nigeria

House please pardon me for late posting of my sister interview with Co, and here it goes:

Co: Can you do you finger print?
Her: (she did it)
Co: Will you raise your right hand and swear to say the truth?
Her: (she did)
Co: What is your name?
Her: bla bla
Co:What is your name:
Co: (Raising the application form up) who is this on these form?
Co: where is your place of birth?
Co:Who filled the electronic lottery form for you?
Her: my brother.
Co: Did he tells you he did?
Her: Yes, he told me.
Co: When did you finished your secondary school?
Co: How old are you when you finished secondary school?
Co: Why did you present NECO instead of WAEC?
Co:Why did you write WAEC and NECO in the same year?
Co: Are you in School?
Her: bla bla.
CO: What is the course you offered in school?
Co: Can you tell me about your course?
Co: What are the tools used by a secretary?
Co: How close are you with the person you're staying with in America?

Now she turned and started typing on the computer, stood up again and bring a white typed paper from printer and said go to the below address in a week to collect your passport (though it was not ready after 2-3weeks, but to God be the glory).
CO: Congratulations you won.
Her: Thanks (with happiness, she now said bye bye).

Me that I was outside under the tree I couldn't sit and I couldn't stand, was doing both together, always looking at the gate, the moment I saw her coming with speed and smiling my brother, my brother, I made it, I was so happy, but caution her to keep calm, for God has done it and HIS worthy to be praise. though people around were saying congratulations, and we were saying answering them too, thank you.

I hope these will be of help.

Exp7 nigeria
my interview experience
Sorry for late post of my experience, it was due to tight schedule
I got to embassy 6.15 am, i still met a lot of people ahead of me both immigrant & non immigrant. At around 6.45 am or thereabout we were asked to form a que, immigrant apart & non immigrant apart. To cut the story short after the normal 2ces checking b4 the final checking into the interview hall i was asked if i want to pay for visa fees in which i said yes, there i was told to go and meet a lady cashier in a container very close to the entrance of the interview hall, after then i was checked in for the last time & moved into interview hall.
By this time most of the C.O'S were just getting on their seats while some of the seats were still vacant, after some time they started calling on us by numbers in which one ll step forward to interview desk just to submit ur documents both the original & photocopies with 3 passport photograph (the photocopies) i.e police clearance,b/certificate & credentials then u ll be asked to go & sit down to listen to your name. The collected documents of various applicant were shared into the desks of the C.O's, there were 13 desks in number but some were not around.
At 45mins later they started calling names according to where your file was shared to, i ve sitting down watching how the interview process had been going on & at the same time observing the most difficult C.O & found one of them to be most difficult C.O, the black american guy with nice looking face, most the applicant this guy attended to,were somehow denied or asked to go and bring one thing or the other.
But there's this white guy with an actor physique, when i first saw him i was praying not to be posted to him but later found out that this guy is the most lenient C.O among them because most of applicant he interviewed were given, as God has projected it my case no. & documents were with the guy & i was later called upon to be interviewed.

This is how it went.

C.O - swear

me- Ans

c.o- what is ur name

me - ans

c.o - you entered into DV2011 & ur name was selected

me- yes

c.o - what is your highest qualification

me - ans

c.o - what is ur discipline

me - ans

c.o - can u talk about it

me - ans

c.o - what are the classes of your discipline

me - what do you mean by classes sir

c.o - i mean the classes of ur study

c.o - commercial class

c.o - pardon, i mean the classes. (then another lady c.o from other desk now corrected or made him to understand another word to use

c.o -what are the courses you offered

me - ans

c.o - can u talk about financial accounting

me - ans

c.o - who are users of accounting

me - ans in full details

c.o - what difference btw financial accounting management accounting

me - ans

c.o - what did u write ur project on

me - ans

c.o - Is that all

me - started all over again with some added point

c.o - what is ur age

me - ans

c.o - why u ve not married

me - i got a fiance still in sch

c.o - but u ve not marry her

me - i'm not financially buoyant to do so now

c.o - Do u know that if u wait to do ur marriage right here in nigeria, u ll have d opportunity take her along with u & i ll give u an opportunity to apply 4 d visa later or u want go to d state & come back 4 her

me - i ll prefer to go & come back 4 her ( in smiling )

c.o - ( smiling) what is d name o f ur petitioner

me - ans

c.o - where does he live in state

me - ans

c.o - pardon

me - i repeat

c.o - (after listening carefully) yea u got it

c.o - do u know d place is very cold

me - i'm still young i hope i can cope ( smiling

Then he started typing on d computer for a while, he later stood up to park something from other lady
c.o & came back to say i found u eligible to enter state

me - wow ( smiling)

c.o - how did u feel, did u worry

me - no, it's just that dream comes thru

c.o accept my congratulation

me - than u

guess this might help
QUESTION FROM ONE SUCCESSFUL PERSON
WHEN I GOT TO D EMBASSY, I WAS TOLD TO OPEN UP MY X-RAY PAPER BAG AND SUBMITTED THE NOTIFICATION LETTER THAT HAS INTERVIEW DATE ON IT.THEN, I WAS GIVEN A NUMBER....TO CUT THE STORY SHORT FOUR SECURITIES CHECKED ON ME B4 I GOT TO D INTERVIEWED ROOM.....SO, I SAT DOWN AND A LADY CALLED D NUMBER GIVEEN TO ME AT THE GATE WHERE I SUBMITTED MY NOTIFICATION LETTER....SHE COLLECTED ALL MY DOCUMENT AND WISH ME GOODLUCK,,,,DEN IN AN HOUR TIME THE WHITE PEOPLE STARTED CALLING THE CARD NUMBERZ...

HERE IS MY INTERVIEW QUESTION:

CO: GUD AFTERNOON
ME: GUD AFTERNOON SIR( PUT A LIL' RESPECT)
CO: RAISE UR RIGHT HAND UP AND TAKE A OATH
ME: DID SO
CO: DO YOU KNOW DAT IF U'RE REFUSED VISA AT D END OF THE INTERVIEW, D MONEY U PAID IN NON-REFUNDABLE
ME: I KNOW SIR
CO: WHEN DID U WRITE UR WAEC
ME: TOLD HIM
CO: SO WHAT ARE U DOIN NOW
ME: TOLD HIM,I'M AN UNDERGRADUATE
CO: WHAT IS D NAME OF YOUR SCHOOL
CO: WOT LEVEL ARE U AND WEN WILL U FINISH
ME: TOLD HIM DAT I OUGHT TO END NEXT YEAR BUT DUE TO D ASUU STRIKE IT WILL B EARLY 2011
CO: WHAT COURSE ARE U INTO
CO: DAT MEANS U'LL KNO ALOT ABT PROGRAMMINGS
ME: TOLD HIM DAT I DEAL SPECIFICALLY WIT ARCHITECTURAL STRUCTURE OF A COMPUTER SYST
CO: SO U DID NOT DO ANY PRACTICAL AT ALL
ME: NOT DAT WE DNT DO PRACTICAL BUT MOST OF THE PRACTICAL WE DO ARE FROM ODA DEPT.
CO: DO U AV ANY TECHNICAL XPERIENCE
ME: YES SIR,I JUS CONCLUDED MY SIWES
CO: OKAY GUD,TELL ME ABT WOT U DID AND WHERE
ME: TOLD HIM MY XPERIENCE AS A NETWORK SECURITY ENGR.
CO: HE CHECK MY O LEVEL RESULT AND SAID IF SUPPLY INCREASE,DEMAND INCREASE WOT WILL HAPPEN TO THE PRICE
CO: WROTE mg and k,,,,WOT ARE DIZ ELEMENT ,,
CO: X+10=20 , 60/3 AND 9*9 ,,,,SOLVE IT
ME : I DID DAT
CO: WOT IS AN ADVERB
CO: DO U AV ANYBODY IN STATES
ME: YES
CO: WHO AND HOW DOES D PERSON TRAVEL
ME: MY ELDER SISTER AND TOLD HIM AO SHE TRAVEL
CO: WHR IS D PERSON STAYIN
CO EN HE WAS TYPIN SOME TINZ ON HIS COMPUTER AND LATER SAID CONGRATULATIONS U AV PASSED D INTERVIEW AND GAVE ME 1 WHITE SHEET WITH MY CARD NUMBER STAPLED ON IT...AND TOLD ME TO GO TO D ADDRESS BELOW DAT SHEET NEXT WEEK THURS FOR MY VISA AND DAT I'LL PAY #1250...
ME: THANK U BVERY MUCH SIR....

N:B: PLZ GUYZ,,BE COURAGEOUS AND DNT PUT IT IN MIND SO MUCH,COZ DOSE GUYZ ARE PSYCHOLOGISTS OOOOO,,,AGAIN MAKE SURE U KNO D KIND OF WORK D PERSON U INTEND TO STAY WIT IS DOIN OVA DIER,,NOT D PROFESSION ONLY OOO..FOR EXAMPLE...A BARBER, HE USES CLIPPER TO CUT HAIR...BCOZ A GUYZ WAS REFUSED VISA DUE TO DIZ QUESTION...AONDA GUY ALSO WAS UNABLE TO DEFENS HIS O LEVEL RESULT...ANODA MAN WAS ALSO REFUSED VISA BCOZ HE CNT DEFINE ADVERTISING AND MARKETING AND HE CLAIMED TO NE A MANAGER.

SO I WISH THE REST OF U GUYZ OUT DEIR GUDLUCK TOO AND PRAY REALLY HARD WIT FASTING TOO.....COZ' IT WORKED FOR ME

THKS TO U ALL TOOOOOO.....
QUESTION FROM ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
• Consular Officer: Good morning
Me: Good morning
Consular Officer: You are here because you are one of the selected DV winners for further processing
Me: Yes Ma
Consular Officer: Raise up your hand...Do you swear to say the truth today?
Me: I swear to say the truth today(With my Hand up raised)
Consular Officer: What is your Full Name?
Me: I told Her
Consular Officer: How Old are You?
Consular Officer: Your qualification is based on education
Me: Yes ma
Consular Officer: What is your highest degree?
Me: SSCE (Then she took the Original copy of my Result from the File and held it)
Consular Officer: How many subjects did you entered for?
Consular Officer: And her many did you pass?
Me: I passed All Ma.
Consular Officer: You made all your papers?
Me: Yes Ma.
Consular Officer: You know I will have to verify this result on my Computer?
Me: No problem Ma.
Consular Officer:Ok...So In Biology..What do you understand by the Word Anaerobic?
Me:..Blah...blah..blah (I think she was satisfied with the answer i gave)
Consular Officer:Ok..In Agricultural Science..What is Crop Rotation?

• Me:..Blah...blah..blah
Consular Officer:Ok...In Chemistry..What is an acid?
Me: I tried to say define an acid...(But she was not satisfied with that)
Consular Officer: What is the relationship betwn Acid and Base?
Me: (I got what she wanted to hear..And just shared something about it)
Consular Officer: How do you know an Acid?
Me: (The Question sounded strange to me..But when i asked it she was talking about litmus paper..She just nodded)
Consular Officer: In Physics...What is a simple machine?
Me: (Again i said something. And after then, she gave me back the original copy of my Results and even the scratch Card.Without scratching it Or re-verifying the authenticity of my result)
Consular Officer: She asked my to excuse her........And went out and came back with the yellow paper.At that point..I could Only say the Hail Mary Pray..Over and Over and Over again..Inside me
Consular Officer She sat down again and started typing things into her Computer)She asked who was my sponsor?
Me: I told her my Uncle
Consular Officer: What type of visa did he enter the United States with?
Me: I told her..i wasnt sure because i was very young at the time
Consular Officer: So what are you doing presently
Me: ..Blah...blah..blah
Consular Officer: Are you Married?
Me: NO
Consular Officer: Any kids
Me: NO
Consular Officer: Congratulations...You have been found eligible for a Visa.(She handed over the Yellow Paper to me and told me where to go..to pick-up the Visa and to pay 1250NGN.Though the information were also written on the paper. And that i wasn’t supposed to buy a ticket until i receive my visa next week. Because there could be delay with the printing.
ME: OK ...Ma...Thank you very much.bye
QUESTIONS FOR ANOTHER CANDIDATE
CONSULAR OFFICER : GOOD AFTERNOON SIR,
PHILL :GOOD AFTERNOON
CONSULAR OFFICER-: WHICH STATE ARE YOU GOING TO? AND WHATS
YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH Mme . GWENDOLINE?
PHIL: I'M GOING TO GEORGIA, AND Mme GWENDOLINE IS MY AUNT.
CONSULAR OFFICER: YOUR AUNT?
PHILL: YES SIR?
CONSULAR OFFICER: FROM WHAT I AM SEEING, ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS ARE OK. SO YOU'LL COME BACK NEXT WEEK THURSDAY.... THURSDAY THE 29TH AT 4PM FOR YOUR VISA. ALL YOUR ORIGINAL DOCUMENT WILL BE COLLECTED ON THAT DAY.
PHILL: OK SIR. THANK YOU SIR ( AND THE LAST THING HE SAID WAS )
CONSULAR OFFICER: CONGRATULATIONS
PHILL: THANK YOU SIR( AND I LEFT. MY INTERVIEW LASTED FOR ABOUT 45 SECONDS. LESS THAN A MINUTE)

QUESTIONS FOR ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
CONSULAR OFFICER: GOOD MORNING
SENATOR_KC:GOOD MORNING
CONSULAR OFFICER: DO YOU PROMISE TO TELL THE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH
SENATOR_KC: YES
CONSULAR OFFICER: WHAT IS YOUR FULL NAME
SENATOR_KC:MY NAME IS ....(SURNAME FIRST THEN FIRST NAME AND SECOND NAME)
CONSULAR OFFICER: WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
SENATOR_KC: IHIALA, ANAMBRA STATE
CONSULAR OFFICER: WHAT IS YOUR HIGHEST LEVEL OF EDUCATION?
SENATOR_KC: MASTER'S DEGREE
CONSULAR OFFICER:MASTER'S DEGREE IN ?
SENATOR_KC: MASTER'S IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
CONSULAR OFFICER:WHAT SCHOOL?
SENATOR_KC:UNILAG
CONSULAR OFFICER: WHAT IS YOUR AREA OF SPECILISATION?
SENATOR_KC: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IS ACTUALLY IS BRANCH OF COMPUTER SCIENCE, WE DIDN'T BASICALLY SPECIALISE IN ANY FIELD,BUT MY FINAL PROJECT WAS ON "E-VOTING SYSTEM FOR NIGERIA"
CONSULAR OFFICER: WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?
SENATOR_KC: I ACTUALLY BUILT A SYSTEM THAT WILL ENABLE VOTERS TO LOGIN FROM EITHER THEIR MOBILE PHONES OR PC TO CAST THEIR VOTES. THE SYSTEM PREVENTS ELECTION MALPRACTICE AS IT WILL USE SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER(IF INTRODUCED IN NIGERIA) TO IDENTIFY CITIZENS.
CONSULAR OFFICER: IS LIKE YOU LIKE COMPUTER PROGRAMMING?(SMILES)
SENATOR_KC: YES(SMILES)
CONSULAR OFFICER: WHAT COURSE DID YOU STUDY IN YOUR FIRST DEGREE?
SENATOR_KC: COMPUTER SCIENCE
CONSULAR OFFICER: WHAT SCHOOL?
SENATOR_KC: NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA
CONSULAR OFFICER: WHY THE PASSION IN COMPUTER PROGRAMMING? IS LIKE YOU KNOW/LOVE MATHS VERY WELL(SMILES)
SENATOR_KC: YES, I LOVE MATHS AND I AM GOOD IN IT. MY DAD WAS ACTUALLY A MATHS TEACHER.
CONSULAR OFFICER: WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU DO FOR (.....BANK)...{my work place}
CONSULAR OFFICER: COMPUTER PROGRAMMING?
SENATOR_KC: YES, PLS.
CONSULAR OFFICER: EXPLAIN.
SENATOR_KC: WE DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN IN-HOUSE APPLICATIONS AND ALSO SUPPORT THE CORE BANKING APPLICATION
CONSULAR OFFICER: WHAT PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE DO YOU USE...MS SQL?
SENATOR_KC: MS SQL IS NOT A PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE, RATHER A DATABASE SERVER/SCRIPT
SENATOR_KC: I USE MICROSOFT .net(VB), ASP.NET, COLDFUSION, ADOBE FLEX, PHP AMONGST OTHERS, MEANWHILE I USE MS SQL AND ORACLE FOR MY DATABASE.
CONSULAR OFFICER: "waited for a while"...keyed my info on her PC, picks it from the printer and smiles
CONSULAR OFFICER: YOU ARE QUALIFIED...HIGHLY QUALIFIED BASED ON YOUR ACADEMICS. SO, CONGRATS.
CONSULAR OFFICER: PICK UP UR VISA ON .....
QUESTIONS FOR ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL MARRIED MAN 2009
MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE ON THE 02ND OF JULY, 2009.
we got to the embassy 6:15am, parked in the army's car park (paid N500) joined the queue at the entry to the embassy at 6:35am for Immigrants with 7am appointments.
At the entry to the embassy, we asked to put away all battery operated devices and to open up our XRAY and bring out the medical results, before entry an officer checked up the list and found my name, my wife and son for interview and I told her I want to include my new born baby that I will be paying for 4 persons, she then gave us a payment notice slip for 4 persons to go in & pay to the cashier, a contact form to fill, and also a brown card (written on it was DV 7).

When we got in, there was female cashier who demanded for my payment voucher
I paid for 4 of us @ a rate of $1=N160, we then proceeded to the next window where we meet a lady to submit our documents both original and photocopy. The documents were collected in this order:

Primary Applicant (Husband)
1. NPC birth certificate
2. Marriage Cert.
3. Medical result + vacination paper
4. Police report
5. WAEC cert + other degree(s) obtained
6. 3 Passport Photographs
7. International Passport(s)

Wife
1. NPC Birth certificate
2. Marriage Cert.
3. Medical result + vaccination paper
4. Police report
5. 3 Passport Photographs
6. International Passport(s)

Son 1
1. NPC Birth certificate
2. 3 Passport Photographs
4. International Passport(s)

Son 2
1. NPC Birth certificate
2. 3 Passport Photographs
4. International Passport(s)
5. Newly filled application form

She then asked us to proceed to the interview hall and take our seat.

At the interview hall, me & my wife did a rehearsal of possible questions we might likely face & we also chatted concerning possible windows we might be called to.

@ 8:00am various Immigrants were called up to the windows for their interview, mostly old women who have their children as US citizens.

@ 9:15am (DV7 called) we were called to Window 10 for the interview proper.
@ The window was a white young man.

Consular Officer (CO): Can you and your wife raise up your right hands. You're here because you were selected for further consideration and to tell the truth
Me & wife: Yes,
The CO gave us our DS230 forms to sign below the lines and also asked me to sign for my 2 sons as well.
CO: Please place your hands on the finger print machine, starting with the primary applicant and later with my wife.
The consular was now looking at my new born baby and he asked me how old is she and I told him is he and not she, he then asked me how old is he and I said 3weeks old, he smile and called his other friend to come see and he was showing his friend my baby’s international passport photo pages and the consular was smiling.

CO: What’s your date of birth?
Appt: I answered him
CO: Where do you work?
CO: You work as what in your work place?
CO: I see you have a degree, what did you study?
CO: what is difference between electrical and electronic ?
CO: who is a Technician?
CO: what is the difference between D.C and A.C?
CO: Where did you do your NYSC?

CO: when did you got married ?
Appt: I told him
CO: How did you meet you wife
CO: Did you do a traditional wedding?

CO: Do you have Pictures?
Me: I showed him 2 albums containing our pictures (1 for our relationship spanning yrs & the other for our wedding [registry])

CO: Who are those in the pictures?
Me & Wife: we told him.
----------------------------------
To my wife.
CO: where did you give birth to your first child and to also to the second child?
Wife: she told him
CO: Which church?
CO: Who deliver the baby in your church ?
CO: Hope there was no complications and the prophetess in your has been doing this before?

CO: Out of your 2 baby which one gave you more time before you delivered him
Wife: she told him.
CO: He asked us to go and seat with the baby just for about a minute and later called us and gave us a Blue Sheet.

CO: CONGRATULATIONS, I found you both as a true family and he said to me that my educational qualification also qualifies me for the visa .Your husband should come next week for your visas but I will prefer your husband and you stay at home with the baby so that you don’t stress the baby..
Please don’t make any travel plans or resign your job until you have your visas.

-----------------------------------------
N:B. All answers regarding me & my spouse were correct & accurate.
This is just a PURE miracle from GOD. it is indeed the greatest of favors.

QUESTION OF ANOTHER SUCESSFUL PERSON
God really showed me great favor today, All the glory I give to Him alone, if not, I wouldn't have gone this far. Thank you to all the members of the forum, the older members who set the pace for starters like me. A very big thank you to Paulash who motivates me alot, Phluck, SenatorKC, Bammyrichie,Danje,joequi,matee, i salute you all and every other members of the house..

I got to the embassy this morning at exactly 6am. At 6.45am we were asked to line up. DV applicants had a different line from other applicants. We were checked into the waiting room while I got tally number 9. After, we proceeded to another checkpoint where we were checked in for the 2nd time, before we were finally ushered to the embassy building. I was told to pay at the last counter. I paid N124,000 and proceeded into the main hall where the interview was held. I was called to counter 10 to submit all my original documents, international passports, 3 passport photographs, medical reports and immunization records, then we were all seated.

At 10:20am, i was called to window 10.. Here are the details
I swore to tell the truth after that did my thumb prints.
CO: What's your name?
ME: Told her
CO: How old her you?
ME: Answered
CO: Where were you born?
ME: Mentioned it
CO: I see you had a misunderstanding when filling the DS230 forms and you emailed KCC
ME: Yes I did.
CO: Whose name did you fill in there as your daughter
ME: My younger sister's name, I misunderstood the question to be the names of other children of my parents.
CO: Okay, that's already been corrected. What's your highest level of education?
ME: I told her.
CO: How many subjects did you take in your o levels?
ME: 8
CO: When did you write NECO
ME:i told her the month and yr
CO: How many subjects did u pass
ME: All
CO: I shouldn't be asking because I can see it here ,You had the best grades in Geography and English. How many continents do we have in the world and can you name them?
ME: 7 and named them
CO: How many oceans do we have in the world?
ME: I was naming them like.. Pacific, Indian, arctic , Atlantic oceans, then i said 4.. after counting them with my fingers lol
CO: Great, can you name some rivers in Nigeria
ME: River Niger, Benue, osun..
CO: Very good, so what's a preposition?
ME: I didnt remember, but I just went ahead to give examples, i said prepositions are words like by, in, at...
CO: In this sentence, indicate the adverb ''the boy ran quickly''
ME: quickly
CO: Are you single and do you have kids?
ME: Yes I am single, never married and No i don't have kids.
CO: Your matric number
ME: ...
CO: What's your relationship with your host?
ME: bla bla bla
CO: When did they move to USA?
ME: bla bla bla
CO: What do you intend to do when you get to USA?
ME: bla bla bla...

She started typing something on her computer, and she excused herself for a minute and came back after the next minute and told me she is convinced that am qualified for the DV immigrant visa, I smiled. She congratulated me and welcomed me to USA and handed me the yellow letter for visa pickup.

To all those waiting to go for their interview, God will show himself merciful, but you have to really build up courage to look them in the eyes and give answers. Alot of people received visas today, the few ones that were refused while i was there didn't perform as such, like they werent speaking loud, another one was asked what a cell is in biology, because he didnt know, they asked him to define Geography, he didnt know, they denied it. If you lie, they'll be able to tell and will ruin your chances. This forum has contributed to my success immensely.
THIS IS ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL OLODO CONFIDENT GUY THAT PASSED
Hi everybody,
I did my interview today, it was successful with hitches here and there. so here it goes. i was called by my number...

Interviewing Officer: Hello, u r selected blah blah...
Me: hi, ok
IO: Swear blah blah...
Me: ok
IO: ur name, Ur DOB, ur highest education level, courses?
Me: answered
IO: tell me the programming languages u studied?
Me: Cobol, C++, basic
IO: C++, what kind of language is it? (shuo)
Me: high level language
IO: there is a programming language close to C++, can u tell me dat?
Me: i dont know (smiling)
IO: u have two O/L level certs, why?
Me: on d first one i had pass in english, so i have to retake the exams.
IO: why?
Me: cos nigerian institutions will not admit u with a pass in english n math.
IO: u study bus admin in which university?
Me: Unilag
IO: do u take an accounting course?
me: Yes
IO: What is a balance sheet?
Me: i dont remember, i did that course in my year 1 (smiling)
IO: i did an accounting course 10 years ago, i still remember balance sheet, i want to know if u really take those courses and im not getting anything. what others course did u do?
Me: mgt, phil, blah blah... IRP
IO: wat is IRP
Me: answ
IO: u r good in english, what is a verb n examples
Me:answ
IO: what is a pronoun
Me: uhmn uhmnn... answ
IO: ur math is high, what is 8 x 7 (imagine yeye question)
IO: what do u do?
IO: do u work freelance or in a firm?
IO: whats d relationship btw ur sponsor and u? is she aware u r coming? will u be staying with her?
IO: what will u do when u get to US?
IO: congratulations, u re blah blah...

Conclusion: no be me, na GOD O!

Note:
there are few things u need to know before u go for the interview.
Some ppl were denied visa or told to come back on another date or reschedule cos of some little reasons.

1. The payment: either u pay in the dollar or naira. combining both currency is unacceptable. u would be asked to reschedule.
2. Be bold and confident.
3. Make sure ur documents are complete.
3. u will be asked questions pertaining to the credentials u submitted, it could come from anywhere esp ur core courses. u might revise if u r olodo like me.
4. exchange rate is still N160 to a dollar. its beta u pay in naira as u pay more buying from malam.
5. do the necessary things like photocopies, arrangements, ur money etc.

But most of all pray to God, He will do it. All is well.
Thank u.
am grateful to God and eternally grateful to members of this wonderful house. I had a successful interview on the 28th of April .Thanks to this great house, my change of surname issue which was troubling me, was taken care off before hand and never even mentioned during my interview.
Thanks to you all!
4real4U, thanks so much you were the first person to respond to my queries, thanks so much.I always look out for your posts cos they are always so loaded.
eyel thanks for your help with my medicals.

Excerpts of my Interview:

CO(Consular Officer):What is your name

Me:Answer

CO:When were you born

Me:Ans

CO:You say you are a Microbiologist,what do you do at work?

CO:What cultures do you have in your lab now

CO: How long have you been working?
Me: Ans

CO: Your case number is low,why are you just coming for interview.

Me: I didnt receive my 1st NL on time.

CO:Ok give me a minute.

Then he handed me the pick up slip
ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL MARRIED LAD
i had a successful interview on 31st March and i collected my visa 7th April. To God be the glory. i really appreciate all ur contributions and advice u gave to me during my preparations, God bless u all.

it was really a favour 4rm God and i was only asked a few questions:

my full name
where i serve
title of my project at school
av i married
where did my spouse meet me
which year.

that is all.

And i pray 4 all those awaiting 4 interview dat God will indeed prepare the ground 4 them.
thanks
QUESTION OF A MARRIED WOMAN THAT WAS ALSO SUCCESSFUL
We: Good morning sir,
CO: Replied with a smile,
CO: You are here because you are chosen for further visa lottery processing
WE: yes
CO: Raise you right hand up and swear that bla, bla, bla.
After swearing, we took our finger print and he told my husband to go and sit down while he attends to me first.
CO: What is your name?
Me: I told him
CO: Date of birth
CO: Place of Birth
Me: I answered
CO: Name of your secondary school
CO: why didn’t you sit for your exam there?
Me: I did, but did not pass my first paper. But I came with the testimonial.
CO: Let me see it.
ME: I showed him
CO: which subject did you hate most?
ME: Government
CO: Why
ME: Because I had F9 in it
The CO began to laugh
CO: How did you meet your Husband?
Me: A friend introduced him to me so that he can teach me mathematic when I was preparing for my NECO examination in Umuahia-2005.
The CO laughs again and asked me if my husband know mathematic. I said yes and laugh too in return
Then the CO called my Husband and asked him just two questions;
CO: How did you meet your wife? And who is this on your picture?
My husband gave him the right answer
CO: Congratulation, You re eligible to become an American citizen.
I couldn’t just control myself; I was just too excited, saying thank you sir, thank you sir……
Then he handed to me a blue paper (Pick-up slip).

I noticed that most pple that were denied that day were not speaking up and of low countenance. Just be bold and know your God. I really mean know your God and please him. Ever since I gave my life to him, He has been a miracle to me. I mean He is real. With Him all disappointments are really a blessing. Please wonderful pple, BLESS THE LORD FOR ME and await your MIRACLE too, life and direct.
ANOTHER FAMILY THAT WAS SUCCESSFUL

Hello all, our interview went this way:

We got to the embassy around past 7am and we joined the queue. got inside and paid our money and asked us to sit down.

Later the Consular officer called us to window 9. CO - consular officer, AP - applicant, AP'S - applicant's wife

co - good morning
ap - good morning
co - raise your hands and take your oath
ap's wife - can the children raise their hands too?
he smiled and said if you wish. Quickly my boy raised his two hands without even telling him and the entire family raised their hands and we took the oath

co - faced my daughter of 4 years old and asked us if she can talk, we said yes and he said where your parents are? your dad and your mum?
Daughter - pointed at us
co - do you have any brother?
daughter - yes
co - where is he?
daughter - pointed at the brother
co - do you have any other brother or sister?
daughter - no.

To Applicant now

co - you had PGD in chemical/petrochemical engineering? tell me about it
ap - yes but i specialise in safety engineering
co - tell me about it
ap - bla bla bla
co - tell me the standards
ap - bla bla bla
co - what do you do presently
ap - schooling in Uk
co - which schl
ap - bla bla bla
co - which course
ap - bla bla bla
co - can i see your passport
ap - handed over
co - can i see your family pix
ap - handed over
co - your white wedding
ap - yes
co - your traditional
ap - yes
co - which is this
ap - 1st child's christening
co - which is this
ap - last child's christening
co - you just had this pix recently (the family pix)
ap - yes

To the wife

co - how many brothers or sisters does your husband have
ap's wife - bla bla bla
co - do you know them
ap's wife - yes
co - what do they do
ap's wife - bla bla bla
co - are you expecting more babies
ap's wife - bla bla bla

At this junction, i saw him with a yellow sheet of paper and my heart melted before he brought out a blue sheet and said "WELCOME TO AMERICA. PLS DONT PURCHASE YOUR TICKET UNTIL YOU HAVE PICKED UP YOUR VISAS. HAVE A NICE STAY IN AMERICA"

Please just get prepared. I never knew they could ask my daughter all those questions they asked her and i thank GOD for the wisdom.

All the best to those going for theirs.
2ND NL ARRIVED VIA EMAIL: 19TH FEB 09
MEDICAL STARTED: 11TH FEBRUARY 2009
MEDICAL COMPLETED: 26TH FEBRUARY 2009
SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW: 2ND MARCH 2009

JESUS IS LORD FOREVER AND WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE
ANOTHER ONE AGAIN BUT …….

We had our first interview in Ghana on 23/02/09
It went like this (all Kwame has said apply and therefore I will not bore you but give you the peculiars as I am married) C:Councelor M: me
C-good morning
m-good morning
c- sign this for me
m-signed
c- your married, when did you get married?
m-bla bla
c- tell me about your education
m- spoke about all schools attended
c- do you have a child?
m- no but she is pregnant
c - asked my wife to show her stomach said alright and asked "where do you want to give birth, US or Ghana?"
m- It depends on when I get the visa
c- She pulled The blue sheet and said your pictures and certificate sugest you are maried but i still need proof of a relationship beween you and your wife over time.May be you married for the purpose of travelling
m- asked, something like what?
c- The two of you have two months to think about what you can bring
m- ok
c- Bring your wife's birth cert, medicals for the two on 16/04/09
m- thank you
This is just what went on for the interview, not mor than 2 munits
ANOTHER GUY AGAIN FROM 2009

Cutting it short.
I got to the embassy at about 5.15am and at about 6.15am the guards at the embassy began to tell everyone to form lines depending on the time and reason for interview.

At about 6.35am those for DV lottery were asked to form their line and began moving in through the security checks. When I got in, I thought I will be called to pay not until I noticed people leaving their seats to pay before I went to pay the fees.

The cashier lady was arrogant and raising her voice at any body who asked her questions.
Like I saw earlier it is better to go with dollars except the black market price is above N160 to a dollar, because I was shocked to find out that written clearly there was that with effect from January 16, 2009 exchange rate at the embassy will be a dollar to N160.

When I counted the money with me it was N124, 540, and the fee was N124, 000, so I was left with N40 eventually because I gave someone the N500 because he was short of money. I presented all my documents including associations (foreign and local), etc but all were returned except WAEC, B.Sc, M.Sc, police report, NPC birth cert and scratch card.

10.45am.
CO: DV 16 please come to window 12
CO: winning the US visa lottery doesn’t give you automatic entry to the US, so we need to verify some things.
CO: raise your hand and swear, that what you shall say shall be the truth
ME: I do
CO: What is your name?
ME: BLA
CO: your date of birth?
ME: BLA
CO: I can see you are advanced, what are you doing now?
ME: Ph.D
CO: what course?
ME: human physiology
CO: what do you major in?
ME: physiology
CO: OK, that’s the course, how’s your course work?
ME: no course work, its research
CO: tell a little about it?
ME: we are working on male and female reproduction but we are tilting towards female reproduction
CO: ok, give me some technical terms?
ME: we are working on some herbs which have abortifacient and non-abortifacient effects on the gynecological structure and womb (CO interrupts me)
CO: OK, congratulations, welcome to the United States, do not make any travel arrangements till you have gotten you visa.

10.50am. He handed my documents to me and the blue slip. That was all. To God be the Glory
JUST KEPT GETTING THEM

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE ON THE 13TH OF JANUARY, 2009.
we got to the embassy 6:15am, parked in the army's car park (paid N200) joined the que at the entry to the embassy at 6:35am for Immigrants with 7am appointments.
At the entry to the embassy, we asked to put away all battery operated devices and to open up our XRAY and bring out the medical results,before entry an officer checked up the list and found only my name for interview, but i told her i've mailed KCC concerning my wife, she said i should sort that out inside she then gave us a payment notice slip for 2 persons to go in & pay to the cashier, a contact form to fill, and also a brown card (written on it was DV 8).

When we got in, i guees the female cahsier was not having a good day as she was very rude, not entertainig question, could not even answer a greeting (some Nigeria people to get wahala, i wonder if she was the interviewing officer).

I paid N194,000 for me & my wife @ a rate of $1=N125, got back a change of 200, we then proceeded to take our seat in the main hall.

After few mins a woman called us up to Window E, to submit our documents, she collected the payment receipt & the contact information form given to us @ the entry to the embassy me first followed by my wife. The documents were collected in this order:

Primary Applicant (Husband)
1. NPC birth certificate
2. Marriage Cert.
4. Police report
5. WAEC cert + other degree(s) obtained
6. 2 Passport Photographs
7. International Passport(s)

WIfe
1. NPC Birth certificate
2. Marriage Cert.
4. Police report
5. 2 Passport Photographs
6. International Passport(s)

SHe then asked us to proceed to the interview hall and take our seat.

At the interview hall, me & my wife did a rehearsal of possible questions we might likely face & we also chatted concerning possible windows we might be called to.

@ 8:00am various Immigrants were called up to the windows for their inteview, mostly old women who have their children as US citizens, there was also a small boy that wanted to join his mum int the states, all of them were granted visas, except for one women who did not bring any picture of her and the son in the states, so she was asked to come back any working monday.
It wasnt cold @ the embassy like i was told (maybe because am use to getting cold)

@ 9:15am (DV8 called) we were called to Window 10 for the interview proper.
@ the window was a white young man.

Consular Officer (CO): You're here because you were selected for further consideration.... that does not guarantee you a visa
Me: Yes, I know
Consular Officer (CO): PLs raise up your right hands and say after me (just like a wedding vow [laughs])
The CO gave us our DS230 forms to sign below the lines.
CO: Please place your hands on the finger print machine, starting with the primary applicant.
The CO instructed my wife to go take her seat while he interviews me.

CO: Whats your name?

CO: Whats your date of birth?

CO: Where is your place of birth?

CO: What do you do?

CO: Whats the work of a System Admin

CO: What kind of network do you run in ur org.?

CO: Whats your server type?

CO: What Operating system do you use?

CO: I see you have a degree, what did you study?

CO: Whats your best course?

CO: What is it all about?

CO: Whats your worst course?

CO: Whats it all about?

CO: I see that you just got married, when was that?

CO: Did you do a traditional wedding?

CO: When was your introduction?

CO: When did u meet your spouse?

CO: Whats her Occupation?

CO: Whats her specialty?

CO: Where does she work?

CO: Do you have Pictures?
Me:I showed him 2 albums containing our pictures (1 for our relationship spanning yrs & the other for our wedding [registry])

CO: Who are those in the pictures?

CO: What places have you travelled to?

CO: Where was the last place you travelled to & when?

CO: What was the purpose of your travel?

CO: PLease take your seat while i ask your wife, some questions

CO: Whats your name?

CO: Whats your date of birth?

CO: Where is your place of birth?

CO: What do you do?

CO: Whats your specialty?

CO: When did you finish your final exams?

CO: When did u meet your spouse?

CO: When was your introduction?

CO: Where was the last place your spouse travel to & when?

CO: What was the purpose of he's travel?

PLease tell your Husband to come over here!

CO: Please hold 1 minute, he went inside & brought a green sheet.

CONGRATULATIONS, Welcome to USA, Your husband should come next week for your visas.
Please dont make any travel plans until you have your visas.

-----------------------------------------
N:B. All answers regarding me & my spouse were correct & accurate.
This is just a PURE miracle from GOD. it is indeed the greatest of favors. I got married approx 3 weeks to my interview date, after my 2nd letter arrived, and i made passports, police report, NPC cert & medicals for my spouse.

I later learnt that the consular officer that interviewd me is fund of refusing people visa, but GOD PASS AM.

The SECRET:
Trust in God, he's the doer of all things.
FINALLY I AM TIRE OF TAKING PEOPLE QUESTIONS LET ME TOO GO AND PREPARE

Day of Interview

Our interview was scheduled for 8am on the 26th of November 08. We woke up around 5:15am and set out 5:45am, guess what? It was 2°C and freezing cold. Before setting out we checked all the documents again to make sure we didn’t forget anything and it is in order.

Outside the Embassy

We got to the embassy exactly 7am and we were the 4th on the line. While on the line i saw people making calls and people with IPod, i was smiling. Later on, it starts getting clearer and one of them who’s read the label at the stand walked up to me to ask if they have storage inside, i told her you’re not supposed to be here with electronics ‘cos they don’t. Around 7:20am somebody came out to address us and told people with forbidden items to go to the nearby Chemist to drop them off ‘cos it’s not allowed inside the embassy and also cost £10. We were still 4th after the information but a lot of people lost their spaces ‘cos the place gets filled up every minute.
By 7:30am our letters were checked with the ones they had and asked to go through a security check, just like the ones at the airport. When going do make sure you have a tight trousers ‘cos your belts will be off for some time.
7:45am we were inside at the front desk, our letter was checked again and given ticket with number 5xxx. We moved upstairs to the main hall. They had so many non- IV applicants. Before we went for our docs submission, we had counted 12 Immigrant visa applicant with some been family based and marriage.

1st Stage - Documents Submission

8am on the dot we were called to window 13 to drop our documents. When we got there we met a British African woman herein after referred to as counter lady (CL) and we as applicant (Appt).

CL: Morning
Appt: Morning
CL: Can i have your ticket and appointment letter please
Appt: Gave her
CL: Your fingers on the machine please. Left first then right and 2 thumbs together
Appt: We did
She wasn’t smiling, we were not smiling to
CL: She went for 3minutes and came back with yellow payment form with our names on it and a big brown envelope but she didn’t give us that. Pay at window 12, she said.
Appt: Ok, I checked it and found she wrote our surname wrongly so I told her immediately the surname is not written correctly and she made the correction. We paid $1550 and it lasted 10minutes. Their rate was lower, it came to £1030 instead of £1058 we changed it at Thomas Cook. We returned to window 13
CL: Receipt please and handed over our X-ray
Appt: Handed
CL: Can i have your international passports please
Appt: Handed over 4 passports
CL: Why 4 passports
Appt: I have 2 passports, 1 filled up ‘cos i travel a lot and the other the new e-passport. She’s got 1 old one and 1 new e-passport.
CL: Your marriage certificate, (Original + 2 copies)
CL: Your educational certificates, (Originals + 1copy). She said main applicant only
Appt: Handed and asked why she’s not getting the other person’s certificates
CL: I need only the main applicant. Ok, bring it for record purposes
CL: Your Birth certificates, (Originals +1 copy)
CL: Do you have affidavit of support (AOS) please
Appt: Yes please, we have our own funds + AOS
CL: Bring the two, please. One after the other
CL: I want just letter from Bank and employers + AOS. No bank statements
Appt: OK, gave her letters from our banks stating balance as at Monday, 24th Nov 08.
CL: This is OK but let me see the AOS to. Perfect, but I’ll keep the two for the consular officer
CL: Police certificates please. Nigeria and UK (Originals + 1 copy)
CL: You still have a valid US visa, can you open to the pages please
Appt: Did that and gave them back to her. She tied with rubber band and put it in our file. The visas are on our old passports.
CL: She smiled at us and we smiled to. She said i’ve been working here for years, i mean years she said, but i’ve not seen this kind of calmness and organisation before.
Appt: My wife said nothing to fear about and he’s a project engineer so he does his things like that every time. You’ll hardly satisfy him. He's too meticulous and pays attention to details a lot.
CL: Smiled again and said that’s good, keep it up. She gave us the pink courier form. Fill it for your passports to be returned to you. I wish you the best of luck. Please, do wait at the waiting area for your number to be called by a consular officer for an interview.
Appt: OK, thanks

We went back to our seat and my wife said the 1st time we were here the interview was window 21, 2nd time window 17 and now window 13, reducing by 4 each time. This is the last time we’ll be here, she said.
No photographs were taking from us and AOS for only the main applicant was collected. This doesn’t mean you should not go with yours, please.

Interview Proper

At about 30minutes later, our number was called and asked to go to window 16. Here we met a lad hereafter called consular officer (CO) and we applicant (Appt).

CO: Morning, how are you?
Appt: Fine and you?
CO: Fine
CO: Those are your original documents and your old passports.
Appt: Thanks
CO: Raise your right hand. Do you make an oath that whatever you're presenting to me is true?
Appt: Yes, we do
CO: Your fingers on the machine please. Left first then right
Appt: We did
CO: Your wife works in the bank and you work in the oil and gas industry
Appt: You’re right
CO: I can see you’ve been to US severally and you liked it over there, so you want to relocate permanently.
He continued, you’ll want to go to California where your sponsor is for some time. Everything is alright; he pushed the blue form to us through the window opening saying l’ll be putting you on administrative processing (We interrupted).
Appt: Why
CO: Because the finger prints you brought are from Nigeria, you’re supposed (Then my wife interrupted again)
Appt: No, we did the fingerprinting at our local police station in Aberdeen. I then contributed by saying we have done our home work before coming here, it is on (quoted the link on US website) the procedure for obtaining it.
CO: Really, can i have a look at the original again.
Appt: I brought it out and he checked again
CO: OK, good, sorry it was my mistake. Perfect, everything is fine; he picked the blue form back. On your way out give the pink form to the courier for the delivery of your passports.
Enjoy your new life in America. Bye
Appt: Bye, I checked my time we spent just 3minutes

I’m so sorry, on this occasion we were not asked any question apart from ‘How are you’ and 'oath'. He did the talking and we did the nodding like Lizard. It was just a chat and some clarifications made. Finito

On our way to the SMS courier, I checked our current visa on our old passport, it was cancelled without prejudice. Overall, it all lasted 1 1/4hours. The waiting time was far more than the documents collection and interview time which altogether lasted about 20minutes.
I tell you it was just God’s favour. We did our part and he finished the rest.
I hope this would be of help to somebody.
Please do remember, ‘Every case is Unique in itself’ (aadepetun, 2008).

Lessons Learnt

1. Go for your interview early enough; we were there 1hour before the time. Also keep your 2nd NL handy ‘cos they check at every stage except main interview.
2. Study/Research to show yourself approved. I tell you it always work. Bible even said it so do exactly.
3. Prepare your documents far ahead of time and in the order stipulated
4. Make extra copies of your documents. We made 2 each.
5. They’re human beings to, look into their eyes when talking please and challenge if necessary.
6. Look around stylishly while still focused to check things on the consular officer’s desk; you might be lucky to see the next thing that’ll happen. In our own case, I saw the blue form on the side so I thought ahead he wanted to give that to us because of our laminated certificates, so I was already getting the WAEC scratch cards ready and thinking of something else that could cause it. So try to look and think ahead.
7. Don’t hide anything from them; they’re good in finding things out
8. Don’t be scared to talk to them even when they’re wrong.
9. Be optimistic about the whole process from the start and trust in the Lord for success.

Overall, this people are very nice and helpful. I tell you they respect you when your docs are genuinely in place and know a lot about what you’re there for.

Good Luck to everybody and hope to meet you guys at the TOP someday.

my interview experience

i got there aroud 5.45am wit my wife n 8months old baby for 7.00am intrvw n by 6.30am we formed a queue for immigrant.we were tagged DV9 n getin in i payd 819dollars for 3 of us.we were cald by a naija woman to submit documents n by 8.45am we were cald for interview by a white guy
co- gud mornin
me n wife- ans
co- pls raise up ur rit hand n swear.
me n wife- ans
co- did u fil this kcc forms ur selfs?if yes sign on d pink line
me n wife- ans
co- i want to do biometrics for both of u (finger print)
co- madam pls go n sit down
co- can u tel me ur academic history
me- ans
co- what r the courses u took in ur last semester in sch
me- i started listing
co- tell me about operation research(one of d courses)
me- ans
co- when did u meet ur wife
me- ans
co- how did u meet her
me- ans
co- when did u get married
me- ans
he started keying somethings into d system n later stood up to pick a white paper from d printer n gave me all our original documents and my heart was thumping so hard at this moment.
co- congratulations u are qualified.
me- thank you
he gave me d welcome letter to go for our visas

thank you Tonell. Amen!!! everybody here will turn out successful
hmmm it's hard for me to say that i think any answer is the best, but going there to get an advanced degree is generally a good idea--two people said something along that line and were successful.
With regards to why you want to go there, i would say something like: "i feel very fortunate to have won the lottery and i intend to take advantage of such a great opportunity"

As for dependents, it seemed to me that most of the questions they were asked were geared towards establishing that the relationships were genuine. For example, one man (his wife was the winner) was asked for the birth dates of a couple of his children. He was also asked how long he was dating his wife before they got married--for some reason he laughed when asked this question and quite a few people in the embassy started laughing as well...lol...

Common questions that many people were asked are:
1.tell me the parts of a cell
2.what is an adverb?
3.What is an adjective
4.what is an adjective
5.*they typically also give sentences and ask the candidate to identify the noun, adjective, and adverb in it*
6.arithmetic. Some that I remember overhearing are: 7x7, 11 x 11, and 7 x 8
7.One girl who was fresh out of secondary school was asked: if demand increases, and supply decreases, what happens to price?

Now, i arrived at the embassy a little past 6am and it was not my turn to be interviewed until a few minutes to 11am. so i sat and watched them interview other people for like 4 hours!!!! here are some tips i gleaned from watching and listening:

1. Speak confidently. Look them in the eye and smile as appropriate

2. No matter how hot tempered you are never ever ever ever argue with the CO. I overheard one lady snap at the same man that interviewed me. He asked her a question and she snapped and said something like "i'm not done talking". he also interrupted me maybe once or twice when i was talking to him but it didnt annoy me. it just felt like a normal conversation. In any case, that lady was denied

3. While waiting, pray that you get a CO that's in a good mood. Ask God to send you to the CO with who you will find favor.

4.Don't worry if you have a weak NECO/WAEC result. As long as you meet the minimum requirement stated on the "notice to applicants from Nigeria" you will be fine. just be confident. besides, a weak result is easier to defend than straight A1s. Personally, i was happy that my NECO result wasnt fantastic because i figured that if they ask me any secondary school question that i dont remember, i'll just tell them that they can see that i flunked NECO. LoL One lady came with her husband and son and the CO asked her husband to go and sit while she was being interviewed. Her results were only three months old but when she couldnt answer the questions asked, the CO said "tell me what types of questions you encountered on the biology exam"--she kept saying "cells" so she was asked about her physics exam and she still couldnt say what types of questions she encountered on that exam. She was denied

5.if you are married take LOTS of pictures of you and your spouse together. Pictures of your spouse with your family as well as pictures of you with your spouse's family are also helpful. If the pictures are in an album, it looks more credible. I mean, if you say you've been married for 5 years and the album looks a little worn out from age, it's hard to discredit such a relationship

6.If for some reason, your spouse is abroad, make sure you take along records of text messages and emails exchanged

7.If you are asked a question and you miss it, or you don't know the answer, don't panic. One young man told the Chinese CO at window 12 that the word “is” is an adjective and he still got approved for the visa. So don't ever panic. Just keep your cool, maintain a positive attitude and you will find favor

8.If for some reason, you open your xray before reaching to embassy, don't worry yourself. They kuku told us to open the thing from outside...i just have to add this tip because the nurse at kamorass was almost screaming “don't open it oh” when I asked her about the documents inside the xray envelope...hahaha

9.If you cram answers, be careful to listen to what you are being asked. One lady really annoyed the CO because she kept answering questions she wasn't asked. If you choose to cram things to say, practice enough times that it sounds natural. The CO kept telling her to stop saying things that she had crammed but she continued doing it. She was denied. Another lady kept giving short incomplete answers—even though this lady got her visa, the CO was getting impatient with her and she was almost in tears by the end of the interview. Even the CO had to ask if she was okay

10.remember that tag I said they gave me after i submitted my appointment letter? The one that has a number on it? Guard it like a gem! One man lost his, and they spent like 10 minutes looking for it because it must be returned to the CO before the interview can take place. Trust me, you don't want this type of pressure just before the interview.

11.If you are going for a visiting visa, you are supposed to act as if you absolutely love Nigeria and would never want to relocate to America. Please don't try to give them this impression during your DV interview. One man was denied, and in an attempt to change the CO's mind, he told the CO that his intention was to get residency and then come back to Nigeria. That he is the Chairman somewhere etc etc. that basically sealed the deal. The CO told him that the visa is not intended for people that intend to get residency and then come back to Nigeria—so please, even if this is your plan, do not tell the CO about it.

Finally, I feel that God helped me to realize something about two days to my interview. The visa is already yours—you won it in the lottery. The ONLY reasons for the interview are for you to prove your identity (which is accomplished via the documents you take along). The other point of the interview is to prove that you are educated—so even if you don't know the answer to a question, just say something that sounds smart.

Go and succeed.
Cheers,
Freedom007
Last edited by Freedom007; 26th November 2009 at 04:08 PM.

I'll try to be as detailed as possible. After my interview, i just typed out everything i could remember into my phone so i wont forget when i come here to relay my experience...haha

after submitting my appointment letter at the security check point, they gave me a brown card with a number on it. Just like everyone that has posted their experience before me, i went through security, paid my visa fee, collected the receipt and entered the embassy to wait.

When it was my turn to be interviewed I already knew they were about to call me because my university certificate is huge!!! I could see two of the COs staring at it from my chair so i was laughing when i reached window 11 (the man).

CO: you knew i was going to call you when you saw this didn't you? (referring to my certificate)
ME: (laughing) yes i saw it
CO: raise your right hand. do you promise to tell the truth today?
ME: Yes, i do
CO: what's your name?
CO: what's your date of birth?
CO: what's your highest degree?
ps: he asked these questions VERY quickly. i think the idea is that if you're lying you might not be able to answer these questions as quickly as someone who is telling the truth. so don't panic if they breeze through the first few questions.
CO: you graduated from *** right?
CO: what did you study?
CO: did you have to take any accounting classes?
ME: Yes...i only had to take two
CO: what is a balance sheet
CO: what is a statement of cash flows
CO: what do you do now?
CO: what are you planning to do when you return to the states?
CO: who applied for the lottery on your behalf
CO: You were in the US when you applied
ME: yes i was bla bla bla
CO: you are very lucky
ME: i know (laughing)
CO: so you came back just for this? oh never mind. you've been around for a while
ME: *smile*

he went and came back with an orange pick up letter
ME: thank you very much
CO: you're the one with the good luck...you should wish me luck
ME: well, good luck then...lol

My Nigerian friend,
I am from thailand. my case number 2010as00002xxx. I have faced interview on 6th ocrober'2009.
every thing was went well but at the end the consular officer told me that we need some processing before issue u a visa. we will contact u when the processing is complete.

My interview are as follows:
C.O.: What is your name?
Me: My name is……..
C.O: What is your father name?
Me: …………………
C.O. What’s your last degree?
Me:………………………..
CO: When have u completed your last degree?
Me:…………………………………
CO: Where u live today?
Me:…………………….
CO: What do u do now?
Me:………………………..
CO: are u married?
Me:………………..
CO: Have you paid visa fees?
Me:……………………….
CO: Raise your right hand and take oath
Me: I do
CO: Sign DS 230
Me: I sign

Then the consular officer discussed 01 minute with local lady with her.
and then said to me that………”We kept your passport. We have some processing. We will contact with u as soon as the processing complete.” they gave me back all my original documents accept my bachelor degrees certificate. THAT’S ALL.

I have submitted all my documents accurate and authenticated. Anybody please write regarding my case. What is going to be happen in my case and fate?
NOW, IS THERE ANY PROBABILITY OF MY GETTING VISA?

“just a note of thanks to everyone who have contributed to this forum, our interview was yesterday and we were successful.

questions were

1. what is your matric number
2. your wife date of birth
3. what is the relationship btw you and your sponsor
4. the kids were asked there age, Boy 4 and girl 2+ (but answered 5yrs) and the interviewer smile after they have made so much noise in the embassey runing up and down.

5. best subject art and no question was asked on it

next thing the welcome note was given and were asked to come back for collection in january 2007”.

ONE B

…Q:When were you born?
A:Oct.3rd 197*
Q:where?
A:**** Osun State.
Q:You are serving in Osun State?
A:No,i have served,and i served at NIger state.
Q:I thought they give very married persons excemption?
A:No,the exception is meant for married women only.
Q:When was your second child born?
A:Oct **** 2006
Q id you attend unversity or Ploythechnic?what did you study?
A: I attended Polythechnic. and i studied Accounting.
Q:What was the title of your OND project? Where?Do your know the owner?A:Cost pricing in a Manufacturing company.Osun state..He's my brother's friend.
Q:when did you meet your wife?
A: Aril 4*****
Q:Really?how do you remember the date?
A:yes,cos she dare to me and i can't just forget everything about our meeting...is day is always a memorable day in my heart.....
And he become more interesting and sat properly, laughing!
Q:Where did you meet?
A:we met in a public bus..
He started smiling and continued
Q:Where were you going? Tell me more about your meeting?
A: Well,i was going on a visit to my best friend who works in Ekiti state and was already in the bus,she was going to see her grandmother,i sat beside her in the front seat and i launched a conversation that grabbed her attention...that is how we met...and becos there was GSM then i had to follow her to where she was going...
The Interwer laughed again and sked what about your best frind you were originally going to...
I answered that because i knew i will still see him..i should not let this beautiful damsel escaped...he laughed again and by this time we were talking very loud..and everybody was just lauging..cos i was very confident.
The interviewers are very intelligent,be careful of what to say but i will implore everybody to say the truth...It's Better to say the Truth.
He rolled back his seat and was talking another white girl on the computer....suddenly,he turned back his seat to me again and asked me my first child's date of birth...and i told him.... and the last question was..
Q:What is your matric number?
A:99/fms/acc/******
He picked up all our passport and started typing infomation to the computer... and later gave me a letter and told me congratulations!
That was my experience i hope by now you must have gained one or more things...
Hope that it will be well with other people who are waiting to go for thier interview...
I will Stay in touch even if i get the God's own country i shall still be one of the family.
Thanks And God's Favour for all!
BYEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!”

(don’t we all wish for this type of smooth ride!)

TWO

“hi hauz,
i have been goin thru this thread 4 a vry long time.Well i had my interview on the 30-04-07.l was tagged dv-24.
The interview....A White Lady
Wat is ur Name
Place of Birth
Date of Birth
Are u a Student
Which Sch and Ur course of study
U had A1 in biology,Tell mi parts of a human Skull .hmmmmmmmmm
Parts of a plant cell and Animal Cell
Function of a vacuole
i answered correctly bt human skull i dnt knw much abt it,so i was given a white paper tellin mi that they will go 4 adminisrtative processing that they will give me a call to cum to the embassy again.Wat is administrative processing.l hope they will…”.

TWO B

“consular:good afternoon
enorch:i replied
consular:lift up ur right hand and make this promise......
enorch: i promise
consular:took my finger prints, ask for name,dob,place of birth
i saw my 230-form, online form i filled in 2006 on her desk.
then the questioned started.all d questions she ask me was based on my work experience(network admin).over 30 qurstions were asked, i know this becos she was writing down the answer on a paper.she also asked me why i had 3 results(at 3 sittings), she looked at university diploma cert.
It got to a point she started smilling,i think she herself thought she has asked so many questions.But, God really helped me in answering all d questions.the woman knew i really have understandin of my profession.
after the long questions.she paused for a while and laughed.then i know the God has done it.she picked up my pport , type something on d computer and send it to d printer.
the next thing i saw was a pick up slip paper.at this time she was just smilling maybe expecting me to say something, like what i dont know.

i will find time again to give the house more information.
Above all pls commit ur interview into Gods hand.Go there prepare to answer all dis questions without blinking”.

THREE

“officer :We just want to be sure these documents are actually yours okay. When was the the first time you sat for waec?
me : gave yr and month.
officer: Any other time?
me : yes, gave yr and month
officer :why did you seat for the exam the 2nd time?
me: To study economics( i studied economics) i needed to get a good grade in mathematics which i didn't do well the first time
officer :What course did you study?
me : economics
officer: which university
me : university of portHarcourt
officer : what was your research project on?
me: The search for an effective and efficient value added tax system in nigeria.
officer : And do you think there can be an efficient tax system in Nigeria?
me: What prompted me do that research was what i discovered when i worked with an accounting/tax firm before my graduation. We were involved in...
officer: Thank you very much. Pls come pick your visa sept date”

SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

1. Why do you want to go to the US?
2. How did you know your sponsor?
3. What's the relationship between you and your sponsor?
4. When did your wife graduate?
5. Which university did she graduate from?
6. Have you ever met your sponsor?
7. What took your sponsor to the US?
8. When did your sponsor leave for the US?
9. When did your sponsor marry?
10. How many children does your sponsor have?
11. How old is he and is wife?
12. How long have you known your wife?
13. How old is your wife?
14. What's your wife's birthdate?
15. Where are you from?
16. Where is your wife from?
17. What's your daughter's birthdate?
18. What's your son's birthdate?
19. What do you do?
20. What does your wife do?
21. When did you serve?
22. What's your mother's/father's name?
23. When did your father die?
24. What are your parents-in-law first names?
25. How old are your parents-in-law?
26. Where did you meet your wife?
27. When did you meet your wife?
28. How long did you court for?
29. How long have you known your wife?
30. Where did you meet your wife?
31. When did you marry your wife?
32. When is your wedding anniversary?
33. When do you intend travelling?
34. What's your wife's favorite colour, food, song etc.
35. What school did you finish from?
36. What year?
37. How many times did you sit for school certificate exam?
38. When was the last exam?
39. What university did you attend?
40. When did you finish?
41. What course?
42. What was your best course?
43. Tell me something about it?
44. What was the title of your project?
45. Talk about the project for two minutes?

IN ADDITION:

• What were your children's weight at birth?
• What is your matric no.?
• Name some courses you studied in school?
• You might be asked to explain any of them?
• What is your project topic?
• Why did you choose it?
• What did you do during youth service?

• If you have young children, they should be able to point out the people in the pictures you are presenting to them.

Ultimately though, I strongly agree with a dv winner from the previous thread who wrote -

“u have to understand that while it pays to go with genuine certificates,it neither by might nor by power.There are so many people who have gone with genuine documents and were still denied visas.This is where faith comes in.Remember,the race is not to the swift,the battle is not to the strong,neither bread to the wise,not yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill(Ecc. 9:11).More over,it is not of him that wills nor of him that runs,but of God that showeth infinite mercy.

so when all ur papers are intact and genuine,u commit ur ways to the Lord so that he will direct ur paths.It is not of our efforts,it just by the grace of God that we have been selected and we can only make it by the same grace.
God Bless you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Crownednvictory, the details on the information sheet are principal applicant's name, phone number, email address, and current address, I decided not to see any of the CO's face because of the obnoxious white lady that kept attacking people with questions with the hope that she might confuse them to get them reveal any mischief, i.e how old are you now, what year did you write your waec, and how old where you then, how old did you finish your secondary education, e.t.c, and she actually got one guy counting on his finger tips, but he flunked anyway. about couples denied, I figure they either did not note details about their personal life together, or it was perhaps an arranged relationship, they were particular about dates, months, i.e when the husband proposed, how long they had known each other, how long it took before they got married, where they where married, how long the wedding took, what time the ceremony ended, who and who was present e.t.c, they asked a guy what is the difference between a quadratic and linear equation.
I would have wished to narrate everything that happened on the interview day but space won't contain my gist........please those going for the interview.. i will like to suggest you pray very well for God's mercy and favour.....then prepare based on your education qualification....i mean on what you hold....bsc/hnd/nd/ssce.......that's their first qestion either for single or couple........
for couple please take along enough marriage pictures.....most questions for couples are..........when did u propose to your wife/husband?.......when did u meet your wife?......where did u proposed?........what did u guys do last week saturday amd sunday?....and soon.......BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT BE CONFIDENT AND MAKE SURE YOU LOOK STRAIGHT INTO THE CONSULAR'S EYES when answering him/her with a nice smile.

House please i need some guidelines:
1.can my wife filled only her educational qualification in the form to be given b4 d interview or she should filled her work experience as well.
cos we filled Hair Stylist for her in the supplementary form cos she qualifies base on her education as well.

2. Is primary school certificate needed for the interview
3. for those that have been to the interview, how do you guy do it by getting to the embassy as early as 5:30 am,pls any link on that cos next week is my turn.

@ kennyeast. Cögrats kenny on your visa pickup. I tried calling you on your mtn line say around 12:30 pm, but your line was switched off. I guessed you were on your way back to warri, that's by the way the important thing is that you've picked up your visa. We thank God, to him be all the glory! Gudluck and God bless!

:) My brothers and sisters in this wonderful forum, guess what i'm holding in my hand right now? my VISA!!! i just picked up my visa about 1hour ago, without any delay or stress i was not even asked to pay for the collection. my God of perfection has perfected what He started in my life about a year ago, to Him alone be all the glory, i also want to thank every member of this forum for ur support, encouragement and prayers, the almighty God will continue to do for u what u cannot do for urselves. thank u and God bless. STONESANJAY just had a successful interview, he will be coming online soon, the blessings of this forum is becoming double double, glory be to God. infact i'v started enjoying America, i am browsing right from the United states library close to TBS. lolll
Once again i say congratulations and i know that stonesanjay has joined you today IJN.mine comes up on monday andi hope and belive i will have this same testimony .21st march is my day of celebration .

House please i need some guidelines:
1.can my wife filled only her educational qualification in the form to be given b4 d interview or she should filled her work experience as well.
cos we filled Hair Stylist for her in the supplementary form cos she qualifies base on her education as well.

2. Is primary school certificate needed for the interview
3. for those that have been to the interview, how do you guy do it by getting to the embassy as early as 5:30 am,pls any link on that cos next week is my turn.

1. I dont think there is any form to be filled apart from d contact form which does not have provision for work experience or educational qualification.
2. Primary school cert. is not required.
3. By 4.30a.m people are already going to work in lagos. u will not have problem getting to d embassy early if u wake up early. just make sure u are fully ready a day b4 the d-day so dat there will be no confusion.

@ stonesanjay. Congrats my broda, God has done this for us in this thread again! Glory be unto Him forever and ever.... Let the miracle, favour, breakthrought and blessings of God continue with us all in the great family! Gudluck and God bless!

DEAR ALL,

Given glory to the Lord he reigns,given glory to the Lord he reigns,he reigns he reigns he reigns,given glory to the Lord he reigns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Dear people of God, we (myself and my wife) had a successful interview today.God really favoured us in the face of the consular officers.

Your prayers really work for us and we thank God for this victory.

Dear ALL,just be confident and bold when ure with the CO and always provide answers to any questions ure asked.

Remember,prayer is the key.We were in total praising and worship before we were called to window 11 for the interview and it really gave us confidence during the interview (Thou,the CO did not ask my wife any questions.

WE SHALL ALL CONTINUE TO CELEBRATE ON THIS FORUM,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will post my experience later.

Success awaits ALL going for interviews tomorrow,coming weeks,months in Jesus name,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!11

DEAR ALL,

Given glory to the Lord he reigns,given glory to the Lord he reigns,he reigns he reigns he reigns,given glory to the Lord he reigns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Dear people of God, we (myself and my wife) had a successful interview today.God really favoured us in the face of the consular officers.

Your prayers really work for us and we thank God for this victory.

Dear ALL,just be confident and bold when ure with the CO and always provide answers to any questions ure asked.

Remember,prayer is the key.We were in total praising and worship before we were called to window 11 for the interview and it really gave us confidence during the interview (Thou,the CO did not ask my wife any questions.

WE SHALL ALL CONTINUE TO CELEBRATE ON THIS FORUM,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will post my experience later.

Success awaits ALL going for interviews tomorrow,coming weeks,months in Jesus name,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!11

ranaty2002..I use education and its High school ...I just wanted to know the high school requirements whether is from A1 to E8 ...Have a great day and stay bless

My Glorious and God favoured interview experience at last!
We got to the Embassy as early as 5:45am and we all waited till around 7am when they started calling people according to categories; Dv, and other Visa application cadres.
After the usual security check, payment and submission, we were called to window 11 by a young handsome good looking American guy 4 our interview.
Me and wife: gud morning sir!(with smile)
Co: gud morning(with a normal face, no smile)
Co: do u swear to tell the truth today?
Me & wife : We promise
Co: told my wife to do Fingerprint and latter asked her to go and stay behind window 8
My wife :she left to stay-by window 8 as instructed by the Co
Co: Told me to do fingerprint
Me: Fingerprint was taken
Co: u are here because u were selected 4 further processing
Co:Do u wish to qualify tru Experience or Education?
Me: Tru Education
Co: wats ur highest educational qualification?
Me: university degree
Co: wat school?
Me: FUTA
Co: when did u graduate?
Co: wat course did u do?
Me: Electrical/Electronic engineering
Co:did u do a project?
Me:yes
Co:wat was it?
Me: Design and Construction of Laminating Machine
Co: tell me about it
Me: i did...................
Co: tell me the courses u did in ur final year?
Me: i did.....................
Co: tell me about Computer Architecture
Me: i did
Co: Did u serve (NYSC) where & what did u do during the service year??
Me: i did & explain better what I did
Co: started typing
Co: Asked me when and how I met my wife and when I proposed marriage to her and when we got married?
Me: i explained............
Co: Ask about the pictures and pointed to some pple in the pics
Me I explained whom they are to him?
Co:Asked me what I will do when I get to USA?
Me:I told him that I will work
Co:Asked me the nature of work
Me:I told him
Co: Asked me How my host got to USA and where she is staying in USA
Me: I explained to him
Co: ok
That was how it went my Dear colleagues (Brothers and sisters) and he gave me the pick up letter for our VISAS’.

I MUST SAY A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS FOR THEIR PRAYERS FOR ME AND VISA BREAKTHROUGH THE GOOD LORD HAS GIVEN US.

I decree that the good Lord that did this in our life will do the same in the life of ALL pple awaiting interviews in IJN, AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOTE:ALWAYS REMEMBER TO PRAY,GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS.Pls when u get to the Embassy before the call check inn and other security checks and before the Co face to face, JUST BE PRAISNING AND WORSHIPING GOD FROM THE BOTTOM OF UR HEART, this is what we did truout our staying at the Embassy and the Lord favoured us mightily. God favoured me and I was able to answer all the questions the Co asked me widaout missing words.

My wife was not asked any questions at all, apart from the Fingerprint she did.

WE SHALL ALL CONTINUE TO CELEBRATE ON THIS FORUM IN JESUS NAME, AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU ALL, YOU ARE INDEED A GREAT FAMILY AND TO SEE IN THE STATE BY GODS GRACE, AMEN!!!!!!!!

stonesanjay
Oh Thank God finally u and ur wife made it.Be glory to God brother.i was wondering why he asked u about computer arctecture when there are a lot of courses in EEng and did hwe asked the wedding pictures or u gave him before he did?

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations

We got to the Embassy as early as 5:45am and we all waited till around 7am when they started calling people according to categories; Dv, and other Visa application cadres.
After the usual security check, payment and submission, we were called to window 11 by a young handsome good looking American guy 4 our interview.
Co: told my wife to do Fingerprint and latter asked her to go and stay behind window 8
Co: Asked me when and how I met my wife and when I proposed marriage to her and when we got married?
That was how it went my Dear colleagues (Brothers and sisters) and he gave me the pick up letter for our VISAS’.

I MUST SAY A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS FOR THEIR PRAYERS FOR ME AND VISA BREAKTHROUGH THE GOOD LORD HAS GIVEN US.

I decree that the good Lord that did this in our life will do the same in the life of ALL pple awaiting interviews in IJN, AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOTE:ALWAYS REMEMBER TO PRAY,GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS.Pls when u get to the Embassy before the call check inn and other security checks and before the Co face to face, JUST BE PRAISNING AND WORSHIPING GOD FROM THE BOTTOM OF UR HEART, this is what we did truout our staying at the Embassy and the Lord favoured us mightily. God favoured me and I was able to answer all the questions the Co asked me widaout missing words.

WE SHALL ALL CONTINUE TO CELEBRATE ON THIS FORUM IN JESUS NAME, AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU ALL, YOU ARE INDEED A GREAT FAMILY AND TO SEE IN THE STATE BY GODS GRACE, AMEN!!!!!!!!

GLORY BE TO ALMIGHT GOD ..... i told you, that i'll come here today to sheer the glory with you and is not by my power is our God that did it and i believe my almight Allah dat did yours will deffinately do it for my wife and I. i love this God's owning forum so much the forum is part of me now, is like i can't do without it. thank God for making be part of this great forum and we shall all have the successful interview. CONGRATULATIONS man say me well to your wife ooooooooooo.

@ Stonesanjay
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ Kennyeast,
No be dream o, na reality. Congrats

This is also wishing every other person waiting to be interviewed God's mercy and favour.

:) My brothers and sisters in this wonderful forum, guess what i'm holding in my hand right now? my VISA!!! i just picked up my visa about 1hour ago, without any delay or stress i was not even asked to pay for the collection. my God of perfection has perfected what He started in my life about a year ago, to Him alone be all the glory, i also want to thank every member of this forum for ur support, encouragement and prayers, the almighty God will continue to do for u what u cannot do for urselves. thank u and God bless. STONESANJAY just had a successful interview, he will be coming online soon, the blessings of this forum is becoming double double, glory be to God. infact i'v started enjoying America, i am browsing right from the United states library close to TBS. lolll

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA..........Congratulations kennyeast now u have ur visa AT last,Prais d lord by dis time next week my VISA shall also be in my palm....Congratulation stonesanjay,God has finally done it 4 u..this new forum wud continue 2 hear success stories nd gud news in Jesus Name...

GLORY BE TO ALMIGHT GOD ..... i told you, that i'll come here today to sheer the glory with you and is not by my power is our God that did it and i believe my almight Allah dat did yours will deffinately do it for my wife and I. i love this God's owning forum so much the forum is part of me now, is like i can't do without it. thank God for making be part of this great forum and we shall all have the successful interview. CONGRATULATIONS man say me well to your wife ooooooooooo.

Thank you my brother,

Our God reigns forever and he will continue doing greater things on this forum in Jesus name,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish ALL going for interview tomorrow VISA BREAKTHROUGH in Jesus name,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!11

congrats!