• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 Winners from EUROPE ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
please help me, my CN is so high, my 1st letter is dated from 26 of april 2010, some people received their letter later but with a low CN, I dont understand such discrepancy? do i have a chance to receive a visa ? does it matter to reply as soon as possible? I gave a call to KCC today ,they said my file is beeing processed. I am really really anxious bc i really want to end up in usa and this is a real opportunity to seize. Please help me to understand those dyscrepancies???

please help me, my CN is so high, my 1st letter is dated from 26 of april 2010, some people received their letter later but with a low CN, I dont understand such discrepancy? do i have a chance to receive a visa ? does it matter to reply as soon as possible? I gave a call to KCC today ,they said my file is beeing processed. I am really really anxious bc i really want to end up in usa and this is a real opportunity to seize. Please help me to understand those dyscrepancies???

don't worry and relax ..notification letter goes out sorted by the country and not by case numbers .. you number is high but due to economic crisis lots of people do not show up for interview at the embassy or follow up the process all together so they tend to send many more NL these days (they compare number of immigrants visa vi number of actually issued GC every year ).. in the "good " old times only first 60 000 where selected and NL was sent out ONLY to them- but back then just a small fraction of those selected chose not to follow the process (maybe 5-10%)but now it takes probably around 90 000 NL to select 50 000 .....since almost 40% selected gave up ..last few years large number of lottery awarded GC where not even issued (I think I read somewhere that only 47 000 GC got issued through GC visa diversity program last year )
you will get your visa 100% but I have to tell you USA is the last place on earth you want to be right now (and next decade or so) ..but hey its your "funeral" .. personally I think you will regret coming over pretty soon ..

Last edited by a moderator:
don't worry and relax ..notification letter goes out sorted by the country and not by case numbers .. you number is high but due to economic crisis lots of people do not show up for interview at the embassy or follow up the process all together so they tend to send many more NL these days (they compare number of immigrants visa vi number of actually issued GC every year ).. in the "good " old times only first 60 000 where selected and NL was sent out ONLY to them- but back then just a small fraction of those selected chose not to follow the process (maybe 5-10%)but now it takes probably around 90 000 NL to select 50 000 .....since almost 40% selected gave up ..last few years large number of lottery awarded GC where not even issued (I think I read somewhere that only 47 000 GC got issued through GC visa diversity program last year )
you will get your visa 100% but I have to tell you USA is the last place on earth you want to be right now (and next decade or so) ..but hey its your "funeral" .. personally I think you will regret coming over pretty soon ..

i feel comforted by your explanation ,it makes sense.
thanks for your support and hoping i ll be current next year in september

I have to correct myself ..100 000 NLs got sent (this is for the lat year maybe more this year )
IF I can guess your number will be current some time next year ..maybe APRIL/MAY 2011?

I think bmx is right you are 100% will take your visa next year, because out of the 100,000 selectee just less half of them continue the process, so for sure you will be current next year, good luck

Dear All,

I'm from Europe and currently on F-1 visa in USA. I've been selected in DV2011 and my case will be current in October. However, I didn't receive my NL2 and still waiting for it.

However, can I adjust my status in October even I don't get my NL2 by October.

I appreciate your response.

2011EU000057XX
July 08, 2010-NL1
August 12, 2010-DSP 122, DS 230 and barcode to KCC
September 4, 2010- still waiting for NL 2

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER

For November, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 12,000 Except: Egypt 9,300
Ethiopia 11,000
Nigeria 10,000
ASIA 10,750
EUROPE 12,500
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA 650
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 675

Last edited by a moderator:
C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER

For November, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 12,000 Except: Egypt 9,300
Ethiopia 11,000
Nigeria 10,000
ASIA 10,750
EUROPE 12,500
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA 650
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 675

The cut-off numbers seem to be moving much faster this year compared to last! Nov 2009 = 9500 and Nov 2010 = 12500. I wonder why?...

AS I've seen the process for Dv 2012 is moving faster already..... They look to hurry for some reason..... I wonder the cut-off number for december will be .....

Hi Guys Im so happy!!!!!
I just received my Police record/criminal check from Canada and France,

I was really worried about the one from Canada cause they said it would take 4 to 5 months to have it done. My interview is in november and I just sent the application in august when I found out I won the lottery!! But finally it just took 5 weeks to be completed!!!

The one from France just took 3 days!!

And the police record from the UK is just taking 10 days!!

Good Luck to all the 2011 DV winners!!! especially those with interviews in october!!!

Hello, I would like to ask you, when can I have the date of interview at the U.S. embassy .
I am selected for DV 2011.
I am from Kosovo.
My CN, 2011EU00005***

Hi, according to the Visa Bulletin your interview is in October; check it out.
You can send an email to KCC or call them if you havent received your second letter yet and find out when your interview is scheduled.

Hi, everyone. My brother's # EU 00022XXX... please guide me if this is too high to get processing this year...

another question: I will be providing Affidavit of Support. Do I fill I134 or I864 for him and his family. When I fill it, do I fill x5(family members) or just ONE AOS form is enough??? I appreciate any replies...

Hi, everyone. My brother's # EU 00022XXX... please guide me if this is too high to get processing this year...

another question: I will be providing Affidavit of Support. Do I fill I134 or I864 for him and his family. When I fill it, do I fill x5(family members) or just ONE AOS form is enough??? I appreciate any replies...

Its definitely will get processed , you need I134 is required for DV affidavit. I don't believe just higher number you won't get a change. You can see in this forum there is person having case number more than 90*** also made it through . Even my case number is higher , I am expecting my second letter....

Go ahead. Last year all CNs in Europe were processed, have a look at the Visa Bulletin. As far as I know GC winners do not need any Affidavit of Support. What country are you from if I may ask?

Lazania,
Your brother's case number will be current around the 2nd quarter of next year. You also need to fill the affidavit of support form (I-134) one for each family member ( a total of 5.) Your brother will be very sorry if he goes to interview without it and is asked for it. Good luck.

lazania,
your brother's case number will be current around the 2nd quarter of next year. You also need to fill the affidavit of support form (i-134) one for each family member ( a total of 5.) your brother will be very sorry if he goes to interview without it and is asked for it. Good luck.

one piece of advice .. Prepare your return ticket with open date .. You might need it faster then you think

Status
Not open for further replies.