• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 Winners from EUROPE ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.

I'm from BG, I've got my NL from KCC on 15th May.
My #2011EU0001XXXX
I have a question: How much time do I have to react and send back all forms and bar code with my number?
There is a forms (Form DS-230, Part I and II) which I have to fill-up and send back to KCC.
Is it too late if I send back my letter three weeks after I got first NL from KCC? Would it be too late for me?
Does someone knows what time do we have to send those forms back?

Thank you for your kind answers in this matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Send it back as soon as possible.

But I don't think, that your Case-No. is right.

The number seems to be wrong. Would you please repeat the number?

Send it back as soon as possible.

But I don't think, that your Case-No. is right.

The number seems to be wrong. Would you please repeat the number?

Are you sure 3 weeks would be too late for respond after first NL from KCC? Is that for sure?
Can I change later on info submitted on form "Form DS-230", because I'm not sure for the exact dates I have entered USA in the past, I've been employee of Carnival Cruise Lines and I have to fill up those dates I have entered USA, which info will delay with at least two weeks.
So do I risk of loosing a rights of further processing if I my respond is two or three weeks delayed?!?! Who can answer for sure?

Are you sure 3 weeks would be too late for respond after first NL from KCC? Is that for sure?
Can I change later on info submitted on form "Form DS-230", because I'm not sure for the exact dates I have entered USA in the past, I've been employee of Carnival Cruise Lines and I have to fill up those dates I have entered USA, which info will delay with at least two weeks.
So do I risk of loosing a rights of further processing if I my respond is two or three weeks delayed?!?! Who can answer for sure?

Sorry, once more, can you write your Case-No. right? I've never read those numbers: My #20111D88MKXXXXXX

Usually the European Case-No. are written in this order: DV2011EU21000 (just example).
If you write your Case-No. once more, it would be able to answer your question for sure.

anyone from slovakia or czech republic?

has anyone from slovakia or czech republic recieved a NL???

this was my 2nd time and im still hoping its not too late to get that magic envelope;)

ive been to the us 3 times and goin there again on monday anyway. i just wish i didnt need to worry about my visa and status anymore:/ I want my letter!!! :cool:

and congrats all of u lucky winners!!! America rocksssss lol:p

Yes, I know. But WHERE is the corrected CN????
I give up :))
The only thing, that I can advise is to send back the forms as soon as possible.
A three week delay wouldn't affect you in a bad way, but don't wait a lot longer.
Check your passport, inside you'll find the stamps with all the entries to the US.

Hello everyone.

I'm from BG, I've got my NL from KCC on 15th May.
My #2011EU0001XXXX
I have a question: How much time do I have to react and send back all forms and bar code with my number?
There is a forms (Form DS-230, Part I and II) which I have to fill-up and send back to KCC.
Is it too late if I send back my letter three weeks after I got first NL from KCC? Would it be too late for me?
Does someone knows what time do we have to send those forms back?

Thank you for your kind answers in this matter.

Hi Rosen,

make sure the information you fill out is correct, rather than sending it out too soon. I don't know your CN, but you have some time to return these documents (needs to be before September) and there are plenty of examples here of people that send it out too soon and made mistakes that lead to complications or even disqualification.

Make photo copies (or take pictures) of everything you submit, so you have those for your reference.

got letter from KCC but i have questions

thank God i found this forum and hopefully someone can answer me here. I'm from Kosovo but I live in the Czech Republic. I've been trying my luck with the DV lottery for the past 5 years and finally when I didn't even expect it AT ALL, I got a letter from KCC on May 10, the letter inside the envelope is dated April 29,2010. I sent the DS- 230 part I and II and DSP -122 together with my photos to the KCC on 14th of May. I think I read a couple of posts about the envelope, I have the same type of envelope. it's NOT a big envelope and in very small letters says something Sweeden on the top right hand corner.(I can't even see it) except priority A and it's a dark yellow or brown envelope (to me looks more like dark yellow)
At first I didn't know the case number was much important unless it exceeds 50000. So I wanna know if I should be worried, if I'll even get a chance for the interview or not? CN:2011EU00027XXX is that number too high? can someone explain this thing about "numbers becoming current"? I don't get it!
1) When should I expect to go for interview?
2) Am I supposed to receive a confirmation that KCC received my documents? when do you think I should get the second letter? and when should I start gather up my documents? do they accept documents older than 180 days at the Consulate or they have to be newer than that?

I lived in the US 6 years ago, for one year on J-1 visa although (on my J-1 visa says, "BEARER IS NOT SUBJECT TO SECTION 212(E), TWO YEAR RULE DOES NOT APPLY)
after that I was accepted in college there but I went back home during the summer just before my J-1 visa expired so I had to go at the consulate and apply for F-1 visa and I was denied (to this day, I don't know why) should that be a problem for me?

thanks in advance,
M.

thank God i found this forum and hopefully someone can answer me here. I'm from Kosovo but I live in the Czech Republic. I've been trying my luck with the DV lottery for the past 5 years and finally when I didn't even expect it AT ALL, I got a letter from KCC on May 10, the letter inside the envelope is dated April 29,2010. I sent the DS- 230 part I and II and DSP -122 together with my photos to the KCC on 14th of May. I think I read a couple of posts about the envelope, I have the same type of envelope. it's NOT a big envelope and in very small letters says something Sweeden on the top right hand corner.(I can't even see it) except priority A and it's a dark yellow or brown envelope (to me looks more like dark yellow)
At first I didn't know the case number was much important unless it exceeds 50000. So I wanna know if I should be worried, if I'll even get a chance for the interview or not? CN:2011EU00027XXX is that number too high? can someone explain this thing about "numbers becoming current"? I don't get it!
1) When should I expect to go for interview?
2) Am I supposed to receive a confirmation that KCC received my documents? when do you think I should get the second letter? and when should I start gather up my documents? do they accept documents older than 180 days at the Consulate or they have to be newer than that?

I lived in the US 6 years ago, for one year on J-1 visa although (on my J-1 visa says, "BEARER IS NOT SUBJECT TO SECTION 212(E), TWO YEAR RULE DOES NOT APPLY)
after that I was accepted in college there but I went back home during the summer just before my J-1 visa expired so I had to go at the consulate and apply for F-1 visa and I was denied (to this day, I don't know why) should that be a problem for me?

thanks in advance,
M.

I don't think it will be a problem unless you provided a fake documents or you provided false information (lie) on your application.

no, no fake documents or anything like that. on my passport the stamp says that the visa was denied under section 214(b) which is something like: "you didn't prove enough ties to your home country, that you will leave US after finishing studies"...

I am from Germany and got my Letter from KCC a few days ago.

I want to fill it out as fast as possible, but I am stucked at DSP-122 Question 7.
I apologize if this is the wrong topic, but I saw a few questions before and I searched the whole forum for DSP-122 and couldnt' find one entry.
So, I really appreciate your help, or, if this is totally the wrong place or there is already an answer that i was too dumb to find, please let me know, where to go.

DSP-122, Question 7 is about the work experience.
But different to DS-230 Q32, they ask about jobs, that you need 2 years of experience or training.
I studied and have jobs for more than 2 years in my profession, bu I never needed a "training" of 2 years for it, although my jobs needed the university degree.
My question now is:
Does my university degree count as the 2 years of experience and I list all the jobs that I had in the last 5 years,
or is DSP-122 Q7 JUST for non-university-degree persons that need the 2 years of training to qualify for the DV program, and I just list my university experience?

THANKS a lot for your help.

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here at this forum.
The thing is: I've been contacted by the KCC yesterday by mail, so I would like to get some more information for DV lottery from your experience and knowledge.

What is the next step that I should follow ?
What is the case number ? My case number is EU00009577 ?
I've read some threads where someone's asking is my case number high or low ? So, I'm asking you is my number high or low, even it looks low though :)
What is the AOS fee ?
What is my change of being "really" selected ? (this question might sound a bit dorky :)

Thank you so much and I would really appreciate your help.
Sincerely,
Genc

Hi everyone,

The thing is: I've been contacted by the KCC yesterday by mail, so I would like to get some more information for DV lottery from your experience and knowledge.

I've read some threads where someone's asking is my case number high or low ? So, I'm asking you is my number high or low, even it looks low though :)
What is the AOS fee ?
What is my change of being "really" selected ? (this question might sound a bit dorky :)

Sincerely,
Genc

my congratulations!!!
your case number is low, so be ready for you interview in October - November 2010!!!
what country are from and where did you get your NL?

Hi everyone,

What is the AOS fee ?

Sincerely,
Genc

Your cn number is very low and it would be suited if you do Aos if your already living in the USA. However if you want it safe and garunteed, you COULD do CP. However you would need to pay for plane tickets back to your home country at near last minute rate.

Good number anyway for your region! Hope you get the Green Card! :D

my congratulations!!!
your case number is low, so be ready for you interview in October - November 2010!!!
what country are from and where did you get your NL?

Sir,

Thank you for your swift reply.

I'm from Kosovo, South Eastern Europe.
So, you told me that I should wait until October for an interview. Should I need to send application forms to KCC back ?

Thank you so much.

Your cn number is very low and it would be suited if you do Aos if your already living in the USA. However if you want it safe and garunteed, you COULD do CP. However you would need to pay for plane tickets back to your home country at near last minute rate.

Good number anyway for your region! Hope you get the Green Card! :D

I live in Kosovo. What is AOS and CP ? Could you explain it to me. Secondly, what is the next step to do ? Fulfill the Form DSP-122 and Form DS-230, Part I and II and than send them back to KCC ? COuld you please help me out.

I live in Kosovo. What is AOS and CP ? Could you explain it to me. Secondly, what is the next step to do ? Fulfill the Form DSP-122 and Form DS-230, Part I and II and than send them back to KCC ? COuld you please help me out.

Aos is already for people living in the US under a visa. This stands for Adjustment of Status. This is used to adjust your status, however this routine can take months.

CP is where you do the interview in your home country for your visa/greencard. This is recommended if you can do so since the interview is the same month your cn is current. While with Aos the space for an interview can take months.

AOS is recommended if you have a very low case number.

Status
Not open for further replies.