• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

As a new immigrant, you are not likely to get an unsecured credit card soon. It takes time and good credit score to get those cards. The secured card is an exception because basically you load the card with your own money and use it when required. Thus, no one is lending you money, so it is easy to get one. The others, forget about them now since you will not get one soon. When you load the card with your money, you can use it any time and if you decide to use all - that's not a problem.

As to which one is better, it depends on the terms of the agreement and more importantly how high your credit score. The high your CS, the more you can bargain for better terms.

Txs.

I tnk the unsecured Credit Card is the Mastercard,Visa or America Express?

As a new immigrant, you are not likely to get an unsecured credit card soon. It takes time and good credit score to get those cards. The secured card is an exception because basically you load the card with your own money and use it when required. Thus, no one is lending you money, so it is easy to get one. The others, forget about them now since you will not get one soon. When you load the card with your money, you can use it any time and if you decide to use all - that's not a problem.

As to which one is better, it depends on the terms of the agreement and more importantly how high your credit score. The high your CS, the more you can bargain for better terms.

Ammeck09,

Where can i apply to with my BSC IN ELECT/ELECT (Frm Nigeria) and with my CISCO CERTIFICATIONS?

@all, Glory to our Lord God, i successfully picked my visa today. everything went on smoothly, thanks to the support and prayers you guys gave me. i pray all awaiting to attend their interviews success IJMN. also those on AP especially our bro, benniit, the good lord will perfect everything that concerns His children. the Lord be with us all.

congrats

hello all, its been a while since i came online. i will be moving to the states in september. i have to quit my job first and that involves giving two months notice. i have a concern that i hope can be addressed by everyone. a friend of mine has just won the dv 2012 but unfortunately the person who entered the lottery on her behalf added his brother as her husband. my friend is the principal winner. Right now my friend is confused since she doesn't want to do any fake marriage with this guy. She wants to know if she can inform KCC that she is single but was mistakenly entered as married and get some legal documents to back it up. is it possible? Please help us out if u can give us any advise.

There are two options here:
1. Go ahead as married couples and apply for the visa.
2. Get a divorce certificate and apply alone (as to how to get this document, I can't answer).

Your friend can do what you're saying but you can make a big mistake like this - mind you your friend can't use the excuse that someone did the application on your her behalf. It's not just simple like checking married on the application, the spouse photo was also uploaded. If it is a simple check box and your friend made a mistake, they will somehow understand it, but uploading a photo and given details about your spouse cannot be considered a mistake.

Ammeck09,

Where can i apply to with my BSC IN ELECT/ELECT (Frm Nigeria) and with my CISCO CERTIFICATIONS?

I think you can google colleges and universities in Texas and check their programs. Whichever suit your future career, go ahead and apply for those programs. But I am sure it will be convenient if you do the application after moving over since they may consider you as an international student and as such will demand international fees. While present in the US you can apply for maybe study grants, etc.

I think you can google colleges and universities in Texas and check their programs. Whichever suit your future career, go ahead and apply for those programs. But I am sure it will be convenient if you do the application after moving over since they may consider you as an international student and as such will demand international fees. While present in the US you can apply for maybe study grants, etc.

Ammeck09 the Hero of our time,

I am presently in Texas as i already posted.

What I mean is that where can i apply for Job with my BSC ELECT/ELECT ENG and with my CISCO CERTIFICATION?

I am presently in TEXAS nd not in Nigeria.

Txs.

Ammeck09 the Hero of our time,

I am presently in Texas as i already posted.

What I mean is that where can i apply for Job with my BSC ELECT/ELECT ENG and with my CISCO CERTIFICATION?

I am presently in TEXAS nd not in Nigeria.

Txs.

Those certificates does not mean anything to the American corporate world. With foreign certificates and no American experience, it's just like starting from zero.

My advice, first look for any work that will pay your living expenses while strategizing for the future. Example; customer service reps, bank tellers, company reps, etc. Even these jobs are not easy to come by: cleaning, security, nursing assistants.

Forum members,i want to find out whether i should take the same pictures i took to kcc to the interview or should i take different set of pictures to the interview?

Those certificates does not mean anything to the American corporate world. With foreign certificates and no American experience, it's just like starting from zero.

My advice, first look for any work that will pay your living expenses while strategizing for the future. Example; customer service reps, bank tellers, company reps, etc. Even these jobs are not easy to come by: cleaning, security, nursing assistants.

Hello Ammeck, so what kind of jobs are currently available for us those without any experience in American Corporate world. is there a change for us to get corporate jobs if we apply or we will have to settle for the menial ones till we get the necessary education from USA

There are two options here:
1. Go ahead as married couples and apply for the visa.
2. Get a divorce certificate and apply alone (as to how to get this document, I can't answer).

Your friend can do what you're saying but you can make a big mistake like this - mind you your friend can't use the excuse that someone did the application on your her behalf. It's not just simple like checking married on the application, the spouse photo was also uploaded. If it is a simple check box and your friend made a mistake, they will somehow understand it, but uploading a photo and given details about your spouse cannot be considered a mistake.

Thank you Ammeck for the reply. i guess its impossible to say it was a mistake which occured. i will advise my friend and see what comes up.

thanks for the information Boss of the thread. hope you are gud.

Epabby, they always say that carry different set of pictures to interview. wish you well.
Forumers I wanted assistant on this.,I had a successful interview at Nairobi -kenyan embassy on the 13th July.I intend to travel in Nov, but still have a lot of pending issues to settle back home.So I intend to apply for re-entry permit immidiately. Must I settle first in USA for sometimes and for how long before applying, or I can do it at the POE?

Epabby, they always say that carry different set of pictures to interview. wish you well.
Forumers I wanted assistant on this.,I had a successful interview at Nairobi -kenyan embassy on the 13th July.I intend to travel in Nov, but still have a lot of pending issues to settle back home.So I intend to apply for re-entry permit immidiately. Must I settle first in USA for sometimes and for how long before applying, or I can do it at the POE?

please write down your interview experience..........

Hello Ammeck, so what kind of jobs are currently available for us those without any experience in American Corporate world. is there a change for us to get corporate jobs if we apply or we will have to settle for the menial ones till we get the necessary education from USA

Well, you can apply for any job and hope for the best. It's difficult to get into the professional field but not impossible.

Congrats, you need to activate your GC before your visa expires. If you decide to leave the US and stay outside for 1 year after activating your GC, you will need to apply for re-entry permit. You can't apply for it at the POE, but you can do so as soon as you enter.