• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

I think you files are at Field Office at this point, both AOS and DV file from KCC. Why don't you make an infopass to your FO and see what is going on?

Good morning guys!
I just called to KCC, they said the FO request my case in April 11. But right now already May 26. Do you thing everything is normal?
Also I don't need to pay the differences,which is 65 $ cause I payed it last year, before they change the number. They did it in November beginning.

Thanks everybody for supporting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks feel for answering, the reason why i don't do it, cause I just did it 6 days ago and they said me that my case still in NBC. Do you thing I have to do it again - cause I had really bad experience - the big african-american person, just said don't worry, you've already win, you have to be happy and by. Then I tried to explane that I'm worried just because I have to make my interwiev before September 30, 2011. He said you've already win and by. He spent with me 2 min not more. He didn't ask my name, he doesn't ask my number - nothing - I tried to give it him, - he just said - BY........

Sorry to hear that. But if you live close to FO, I think trying again would not hurt. Just ask them if your application is at the FO or not. if yes, ask how long it might take for you to get the intw letter.

Thanks feel for answering, the reason why i don't do it, cause I just did it 6 days ago and they said me that my case still in NBC. Do you thing I have to do it again - cause I had really bad experience - the big african-american person, just said don't worry, you've already win, you have to be happy and by. Then I tried to explane that I'm worried just because I have to make my interwiev before September 30, 2011. He said you've already win and by. He spent with me 2 min not more. He didn't ask my name, he doesn't ask my number - nothing - I tried to give it him, - he just said - BY........

Well she was going through the application page by page. After she was done with 485 she just asked whether or not the doctor went through the vaccinations from scratch! I told her that I had a vaccination card from my home country and I submitted initially to Health Center at my university. I told her that I transferred my vaccination history to the medical doctor I had the Med. Examination from. It was just a random question.

@ Feel: It is really weird that this was an " out of normal" sort of interview. I hope the supervisor of her is not gonna ask additional forms or papers later on.

My status is still the same as of now.

Probably you're right. I'll make infopass today. And we will see what they say to me?
Sorry to hear that. But if you live close to FO, I think trying again would not hurt. Just ask them if your application is at the FO or not. if yes, ask how long it might take for you to get the intw letter.

@ feel: Actually she told me that it is approved but she also said that she will review my file one more time for a missing paper! I still believe that she is really inexperienced!!!! I hope it is not gonna turn out to be an "extending case forever"

Thanks for answering! About status - I've heard a lot of times that it can change even after one month, when you've already recieved you GC. God bless you with that. :)

For my case, I saw CPO after 2 hrs. However, online system does not work very well. Lots of people got GC without getting CPO status online. You should get welcome letter very soon. Keep eyes on your mailbox.

@sharminlee: How long did it take for your status to turn into CPO after your interview?

I am so irritated! The same thing happened to me when the USPS guy did not upload the delivery status for three days and I was like freaking out all three days by thinking that my package was lost!!!! Damn it! My case started with a "huge hassle" on 23rd of Feb and ended with another "big hassle" by today! I am so nervous!!!

The lady ripping of my I-94 told me that I should get the I-551 by mail! Did anyone get it by mail?
Thanks
PS: Sorry for a lot of threads!!!

Call to Consulate to change my intarnational passport (cause it expire in JUly 5)- they said that they can give me the special letter - which I can show on the interwiev, and also I can hold my original with me, they can take only copy in that case. Probably on Monday I will go to SAn Francisko for that reason. Does anybody know if I'll go to the interview with passport which shows that it almost expire or expire ( depends on the date of my interview) and give them a letter from the consulate that I've already start process re- new, can they not approved me?

Hey Guys,

I sent an email regarding the file transfer to KCCDV@state.gov and I got a respond back as follows:
"KCC is not authorized to assist you with this issue. Please direct your inquiry to the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) at 1-800-375-5283 or visit http:\\www.uscis.gov"

Would someone let me know what exactly you wrote in your email or what exactly you asked them on the phone which resulted in getting the status of your files. I think I ask the wrong question!!!!

Thank you in advance.

Try to call KCC. I called KCC and after 15 minutes of waiting on the line was able to ask a person if they got a request from Field Office to send my file. I get a positive answer.

Strange I put the post but it doesn't showen..... Does anybody know if I'll go the interview and my intarnational passport will be expired or almost. ( It's expire in July 5, but for the re-new I need 3 months.) And I start my process only on MOnday - hopfully). However, I'll show them the letter from the Consulate that I've already in process to re-new,can they not approved my GC?

Chill out. I am sure you will directly get the Welcome letter in about a week in the worst-case scenario. Do not rely only on the online status.

I am so irritated! The same thing happened to me when the USPS guy did not upload the delivery status for three days and I was like freaking out all three days by thinking that my package was lost!!!! Damn it! My case started with a "huge hassle" on 23rd of Feb and ended with another "big hassle" by today! I am so nervous!!!

Call to Consulate to change my intarnational passport (cause it expire in JUly 5)- they said that they can give me the special letter - which I can show on the interwiev, and also I can hold my original with me, they can take only copy in that case. Probably on Monday I will go to SAn Francisko for that reason. Does anybody know if I'll go to the interview with passport which shows that it almost expire or expire ( depends on the date of my interview) and give them a letter from the consulate that I've already start process re- new, can they not approved me?

You DO NOT need a current unexpired PP for i-485 AoS purposes. It is good if you can hold the expired or close to expire PP with you at the intvw, but it is not a requirement. (if your PP is expired at the time of intvw, make sure you have your state DL or similar as an ID)

Best!

Try to call KCC. I called KCC and after 15 minutes of waiting on the line was able to ask a person if they got a request from Field Office to send my file. I get a positive answer.

I did call KCC and I got my answer. Unfortunately FO has not requested my files. The person I talked to said that I should call FO and ask them to schedule an interview!!!! and it will initiate the request for transferring the files!!!! - I think I should wait for my IL and then try since I think it is the way it works!!!!

any comments?!!!