• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

You still have some time to renew your passport. Even if you get your GC, you need your passport to travel.

Guys one more thing just came up - my passport will expire on July 5. Can it effect my case? is it possible to fix it for some how???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Thanks baobab.

Thanks for bringing some light on this issue. I think, the best thing for manaysha is to check with KCC, whether s/he needs to pay the additional money.

@sharminlee, glad to see that your interview went smooth in Memphis and you got your CPO on the same day. You have broken the pattern for this FO.

I am not sure that I agree with your advice here though. People who have paid the old fee before July 7th (I do not remember the exact day) and who called KCC last summer, were told that they do not have to pay the difference. There are a bunch of posts on this issue earlier in this thread, as well as in the DV2010 thread. Some people paid the additional $65 for "peace of mind" reasons, but based on the information from KCC it is not necessary.

I think, I always knew the wrong. Thanks for correcting me.

What file are you guys talking about? How did you formulate the question for NBC?
There is an AOS file that goes through NBC. That is the package that you submitted to Chicago lock-box. This is the first time, however, when I hear that the KCC file goes through NBC. I hope you are not mixing things.

For DV cases they do not maintain detailed information in their online system. That's why you do not see your online status advance until it gets to CPO.

The AOS file that goes from Chicago to NBC and then to local FO may already be at your local FO. When I called NBC after my interview because of the delayed CPO, they did not even have the information that my file was at the Memphis FO. I had already received my interview letter and I had the interview for 1-2 weeks by then. So again, you cannot really get reliable information about DV cases by calling the NBC number. But maybe some of you had more luck with that.

Thanks baobab.

Thanks for bringing some light on this issue. I think, the best thing for manaysha is to check with KCC, whether s/he needs to pay the additional money.

Good point. manaysha should confirm with KCC, especially as s/he already plans to call them to ask about the file transfer.

Regarding the KCC file transfer, I do not know if you are wrong. I know that the I-485 file passes through NBC, but I did not know that the KCC file goes through NBC as well. Who knows, you might be right about that. I was just making sure that you are not mixing the two files when you are calling NBC.

Hey feel, we still have a long way to go, but I know it will go quickly.the most important thing was done already- the card.
see you then in the N-400 forum in few years :)

Absolutely. This was indeed a long journey for me. I am so happy it all went smooth for me except for little delay in acceptance of my AOS package.
Hope we will be together again in "N-400 for DV 2011 AOS Only" ..:) ;) How is that?

Letter to USCIS requesting transfer of files from KCC

Hello guys,

Any of you can share the sample of this letter?

I have the interview on 6/28 and as Dimus suggested would like to request this by mail around 10 days before my interview.

Thanks for your help!

Good morning guys!
I just called to KCC, they said the FO request my case in April 11. But right now already May 26. Do you thing everything is normal?
Also I don't need to pay the differences,which is 65 $ cause I payed it last year, before they change the number. They did it in November beginning.

Thanks everybody for supporting!

Hey Guys,

I sent an email regarding the file transfer to KCCDV@state.gov and I got a respond back as follows:
"KCC is not authorized to assist you with this issue. Please direct your inquiry to the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) at 1-800-375-5283 or visit http:\\www.uscis.gov"

Would someone let me know what exactly you wrote in your email or what exactly you asked them on the phone which resulted in getting the status of your files. I think I ask the wrong question!!!!

Thank you in advance.

My format is following. It worked for me.

Dear Officer,

I am a selectee of DV 2011. I applied for adjustment of status through I-485 and received notification of action (NOA) on mm/dd/yyyy. Then, I did biometrics on mm/dd/yyyy. I need an information. Is my file transferred to my Field Office for further processing?

regards

Name: xxxxxxxxxxx
Case Number: 2011xxxxxxxxxxx
Date of birth: mm/dd/yyyy

Hey Guys,

I sent an email regarding the file transfer to KCCDV@state.gov and I got a respond back as follows:
"KCC is not authorized to assist you with this issue. Please direct your inquiry to the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) at 1-800-375-5283 or visit http:\\www.uscis.gov"

Would someone let me know what exactly you wrote in your email or what exactly you asked them on the phone which resulted in getting the status of your files. I think I ask the wrong question!!!!

Thank you in advance.

Weird experience. The office said that my case is approved but she did not take the I94 out of my passport. She did not get the EAD card back. She did not ask for anything written in the list. No birth certificate no diploma nor anything else. I hope they are not gonna call me back to submit my EAD card back!!!! I will give more details later today.

Did KCC say that they already sent your file? If so, you should be fine.

Good morning guys!
I just called to KCC, they said the FO request my case in April 11. But right now already May 26. Do you thing everything is normal?
Also I don't need to pay the differences,which is 65 $ cause I payed it last year, before they change the number. They did it in November beginning.

Thanks everybody for supporting!

Thanks sharminlee for quick reply.
Do you think I should send another email or I call them -- now that they said in their email that they will not give me info about my files !!! :(

Weird experience. The office said that my case is approved but she did not take the I94 out of my passport. She did not get the EAD card back. She did not ask for anything written in the list. No birth certificate no diploma nor anything else. I hope they are not gonna call me back to submit my EAD card back!!!! I will give more details later today.

Congrats on being approved :) -- it seems weird though but as long as you are approved who cares :D

My understanding was file from KCC come through NBC. I am not quite sure about it. In my case, when I called KCC, they told me that they transferred my file on second week of March. I also called USCIS and they told me that they transferred my file on first week of April. I think, I mixed up two different files.

Good point. manaysha should confirm with KCC, especially as s/he already plans to call them to ask about the file transfer.

Regarding the KCC file transfer, I do not know if you are wrong. I know that the I-485 file passes through NBC, but I did not know that the KCC file goes through NBC as well. Who knows, you might be right about that. I was just making sure that you are not mixing the two files when you are calling NBC.

I think, you are fine. Did you observe any change of status online?

Weird!

Well... Nothing has changed so far. My case still does not seem to exists at the web site of USCIS!

My interview was scheduled at 9:15 and I was there at 8:15. I submitted my interview letter. I had 4 other GC cases in front of me. They were all for the marriage cases. It took 2 hours for them to get approved. When I was called for an interview it was already 10:30!!! Then the lady told me how lucky I was since I was getting my GC in the last year of PhD. She got the copies of the IDs and she told me that if the visa number is available she is approving my case right away. She said that I should have my GC in 10 days. Then she went to 485 and asked questions from there. She even asked me questions from the Medical examination paper. Eventually she told me that she is gonna have a final check today and approve my case. Before I left I asked her if she needs the letter of intent from my univ and pay stubs for the last two months. She said that she could take them. I handed them in. Then I left the immigration office. Then I realized that she did not take my I-94 out of my passport. Then I went back in the USCIS and asked the lady behind the counter whether or not it is ok that the officer did not take the I-94 out. She just ripped it off right away. Then I asked whether or not I am given a stamp or I-555. She said that it is gonna be mailed to me. Then I left USCIS again. I realized that she did not get my EAD back. I did not even submit W2s and Tax returns.

PS: By the way I got the original birth certificate back from the officer.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Laplace, Do not worry much.This website is sometimes just not working. If the Io told you you are approved, you are APPROVED! Not taking I-94, EAD does not matter....Have fun!

@sharminlee: How long did it take for your status to turn into CPO after your interview?

Last edited by a moderator: