• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

I agree. For July AS is 33,775, you will probably be current in August which you would know around June 9th...So technically they can reject your package....If you would get rejected by June 9th, that would be no harm to you as you could mail it right back....and be current. Or if they don't reject you, if everything goes well, you will get an interview around August anyways...So you should be fine.

Check the spreadsheet. This is the best tool to answer your question.

While you're at it, add your details to the spreadsheet....

Your CN (2011AS00035XXX) is NOT YET current! http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5452.html
You took a chance knowingly?

Well....Good Luck !

.....................you will get an interview around August anyways...So you should be fine.

Waiting and getting an intvw. IS NOT going to be fine by any means. The real 'fine' thing to happen to him for now is that the 'accepting clerk' realize his folly and return his package back without processing. If that is slipped then the next 'LUCKY' thing for him to expect is that the adjudicating officer overlook the LAW and forgive (rather, not realize) his 'ILLEGAL' filing and adjudicate his case on other merits. I highly doubt that though !

Anyways, as I said....Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks feel,

I saw your case was in Houston too, my FO should be in Houston, is there any thing which I need to know about Houston FO? is that easy to do walked in biometry?

Thanks

I did my walk-in bio in Houston, no questions asked. It was not crowded and I think I had other commitments on the actual day of my biometrics. But it is worth trying once.

Thanks feel,

I saw your case was in Houston too, my FO should be in Houston, is there any thing which I need to know about Houston FO? is that easy to do walked in biometry?

Thanks

Would you mind if I ask you what time did you went there for walk-in biometric?

Thanks

I did my walk-in bio in Houston, no questions asked. It was not crowded and I think I had other commitments on the actual day of my biometrics. But it is worth trying once.

Don't forget that in order to do walk in biometrcis , you still have to have a bio appointment , but you can do walk-in before the day you are schedulled, because no one will take you for a biometrcis if you don't have the letter for biometrics.

Would you mind if I ask you what time did you went there for walk-in biometric?

Thanks

thanks

Don't forget that in order to do walk in biometrcis , you still have to have a bio appointment , but you can do walk-in before the day you are schedulled, because no one will take you for a biometrcis if you don't have the letter for biometrics.

I have a question about a walk-in biometrics. Do we have to make an Infopass and to set the date for it? Or just do a walk-in.

Thanks

do you know what a "walk-in" means? you just go to the field office with the biometrics letter that you received in the mail, you just do that before your appointment date.

I have a question about a walk-in biometrics. Do we have to make an Infopass and to set the date for it? Or just do a walk-in.

Thanks

You don't need to make any infopass. Bring your biometric letter and show a valid reason for walk-in (if anyone asks).

Thanks

@natta/baobab/zahidal/any other who already got GC: Please tell me what are necessary things to be done, after getting GC. I think following things are necessary:

a) Get new SSN (if there is no SSN) or make unrestricted SSN (if there is already a SSN)
b) Inform office/school about GC
c) Inform bank about GC

Now, my question is: Should I inform credit card company or any other company (such as car insurance, etc) about the GC? Is there anything else need to be done after getting GC, which I did not notice? Please share your experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
sharminlee I think you worry too much, the only thing you want to do now is change your Social Security card as your old one says that it is not valid for work unless you have a DHS authorization. everything else is not necessary as these thinks are done as you go overtime, i only anounced the school because I wanted to pay as a resident and not as an international student, I did not contact the bank or credit card, and my driver license expires in July when I will renew it as a resident, everything else is fine
P.S. Congrats for the succesful interview and CPO.

@natta/baobab/zahidal/any other who already got GC: Please tell me what are necessary things to be done, after getting GC. I think following things are necessary:
a) Get new SSN (if there is no SSN) or make unrestricted SSN (if there is already a SSN)
c) Inform bank about GC

Now, my question is: Should I inform credit card company or any other company (such as car insurance, etc) about the GC? Is there anything else need to be done after getting GC, which I did not notice? Please share your experience.

Thanks natta for your informative answer :)

sharminlee I think you worry too much, the only thing you want to do now is change your Social Security card as your old one says that it is not valid for work unless you have a DHS authorization. everything else is not necessary as these thinks are done as you go overtime, i only anounced the school because I wanted to pay as a resident and not as an international student, I did not contact the bank or credit card, and my driver license expires in July when I will renew it as a resident, everything else is fine
P.S. Congrats for the succesful interview and CPO.

c) Inform bank about GC

@sharminlee, all I did was to request a new SSN card without the restriction and I informed my company's HR department (since I am not in school anymore).

I have no need to inform any of the financial institutions with whom I have accounts, be it deposit, credit or mortgage. They never withheld interest for me. The only difference is when you file federal taxes, you must declare interest income as part of the aggregate gross income and you will pay taxes on it. But I have been considered resident for tax purposes for a number of years already, so there will be no changes in that regard for me.

On the other hand, feel mentioned at some point that he filed form W-8BEN with his bank so they would not withhold interest for him, and that he would need to let them know about his status change. If you haven't filed that form or something similar with your bank, I do not see why you would need to tell them about your status change.

Thanks baobab. Very good clarification :)

@sharminlee, all I did was to request a new SSN card without the restriction and I informed my company's HR department (since I am not in school anymore).

I have no need to inform any of the financial institutions with whom I have accounts, be it deposit, credit or mortgage. They never withheld interest for me. The only difference is when you file federal taxes, you must declare interest income as part of the aggregate gross income and you will pay taxes on it. But I have been considered resident for tax purposes for a number of years already, so there will be no changes in that regard for me.

On the other hand, feel mentioned at some point that he filed form W-8BEN with his bank so they would not withhold interest for him, and that he would need to let them know about his status change. If you haven't filed that form or something similar with your bank, I do not see why you would need to tell them about your status change.