• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Congrats feel! Looks like your GC is surely on its way!

Hello,
I had my interview today. It was a nice experience and I had no problems whatsoever. IO asked for my immigration documents such as I-20, Passport with Visa and I-94. Then, IO asked me what am I doing right now and yes/no questions from I-485. IO verified my address and did something on the PC for approval, and later stamped my passport with I-551.

Feel congrats, so glad you had an easy and nice interview, and got the stamp (so did we).
Yay, wait for the card in the mail now :)

Thanks natta, finally this journey is successfully completed. It was a long journey. By the way, how long did it take for you to get the new SS card?
Feel congrats, so glad you had an easy and nice interview, and got the stamp (so did we).
Yay, wait for the card in the mail now :)

Wao... what a great news.. congrats... In next 2 weeks you are going to have one more card which will weigh more than the total of rest of the others.

Hello,
I had my interview today. It was a nice experience and I had no problems whatsoever. IO asked for my immigration documents such as I-20, Passport with Visa and I-94. Then, IO asked me what am I doing right now and yes/no questions from I-485. IO verified my address and did something on the PC for approval, and later stamped my passport with I-551.

Dear friends, I received my 1st letter from KCC on May 2010 and my case number is 26***. According to visa bulletin my case number will be available only after june 2011. I am planning to do AOS. Can anyone of you help me with any sort of information. I sent DSP 122 and DS 230 Part 1 and 2 already on may 2010 but still i have not received my second letter yet. Can i still go ahead with the AOS.

I guess you are from Asia. You don't need to wait till June to start your AOS. You just need to take advantage of advance notification. Do the following:

(a) Pay diversity visa fee $440 per person, see http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html
(b) Do your medicals
(c) Prepare your documents and send to Chicago lockbox, see http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=2df93a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Dear friends, I received my 1st letter from KCC on May 2010 and my case number is 26***. According to visa bulletin my case number will be available only after june 2011. I am planning to do AOS. Can anyone of you help me with any sort of information. I sent DSP 122 and DS 230 Part 1 and 2 already on may 2010 but still i have not received my second letter yet. Can i still go ahead with the AOS.

I also suggest you to read through this forum.

Hello,

Ah, nice....Congrats!!......you must literally 'feel' good now!!

btw, it seems only this thread has got some sanity left these days!!
Keep it up....Good Luck to all who are awaiting their day!

Best!

Thanks NuvF.

Ah, nice....Congrats!!......you must literally 'feel' good now!!

btw, it seems only this thread has got some sanity left these days!!
Keep it up....Good Luck to all who are awaiting their day!

Best!

next day after I got the card I went tp the social security office and a week later I had the "clean" social security card.

Thanks natta, finally this journey is successfully completed. It was a long journey. By the way, how long did it take for you to get the new SS card?

Can anyone share their Medical examination experience here? What vaccinations are needed because I see different versions of list. and how much do they cost? Where is the cheapest location to get them. Thanks

I have a question to tzvetanto

I checked the spreadsheet and see that you applied at the end of April when you could have applied back in October...Why?

And I see that you're going to have an interview in a week or so...
That means you could break all speed records and have GC in about 6 weeks after sending the package which is amazing fast!

good luck.

I have a question to tzvetanto

I checked the spreadsheet and see that you applied at the end of April when you could have applied back in October...Why?

And I see that you're going to have an interview in a week or so...
That means you could break all speed records and have GC in about 6 weeks after sending the package which is amazing fast!

good luck.

I read the forum! :))

I added my info yesterday and was checking ever since to see when someone will ask me this question ;-)
So if you read one of my long posts, we moved and I didn't get the NL in mail. I am nearing my L1 stay and my employer sponsored PERM was in audit so my lawyers at Fragomen (should sound familiar to all working for big companies) where asking me for some documents to see if they can file for H1B for me..... and while checking my archive I saw the DV confirmation numbers, it was end of March and I decided to see if the system will allow me to check for DV2012. It didn't. I run all our confirmation numbers since they started offering online check (I think for dv 2009). And it always said it wanted numbers starting with 2011 so at the end I've got to 2011 confirmation numbers and there was big surprise waiting for me there.
It was Friday night (2am Saturday) and I immediately sent email to KCC, getting to sleep was difficult that night.

It took me couple of days emailing and calling KCC and (week -3)
on Tuesday I've got my case number,
on Wednesday I've got the link to dvselectee web site,
on Thursday I've got the 1st NL in email but I have read dvselectee already and wasn't waiting, in the morning I was already in USCIS FO Lawrence, MA.

Why Lawrence not Boston? - This might be my biggest mistake, we will see. USCIS web site said this is the FO serving my county, it is the same distance from me to go to Boston and Lawrence but driving to Boston and parking is crazy and besides I figured Boston FO will be very busy. I haven't read this forum yet.

I've got in Lawrence FO in lunch break there was almost nobody in the waiting room and only 2 officers on duty. But they were totally clueless to why I was there and what to do with DV cases. I just later learnt from this forum that this is a sign of big troubles ahead.

The same day (Thursday) I sent DSP-122 to KCC with Lawrence FO office as my choice.

On Friday April 1st I prepared the certified check for DV fee and later in the night started reading the forum. The I realized I should've chosen Boston.

Next week (week -2) was uneventful because the local civil surgeon was fully booked, I just sent the dv fee check. I should've looked for another but I was very busy with other things and besides this one is 3 miles from my home.

week -1 - did the medicals and sent documents for translation. My wife and I got just MMR, I've got Tdap and my son got some shots which he would've gotten anyways in the end of the year.

I should've tried to do the medicals and translations previous week but I was very busy and also was trying to find local translator. I ended up with someone in WI.

Week 0 (EASTER) - got the seal medicals and translations, put everything together and on Thursday night sent the package to the lockbox. I could've mailed it on Wed but the translations needed some corrections and the two whole punch pushed that one day.

Week 1 – acceptance, NoA
Week 2 – biometrics and interview letter
Week 3 –pass
Week 4 – biometrics done
Week 5 – hopefully uneventful
Week 6 – hopefully interview

Oh, did I mention I didn’t file I-131 Advance Parole and I-765 EAD to speed up my case?! I was very concerned at first that all the visas are already taken and I found out too late that I am selected. Also later when I was more informed I figured I don’t need them because I am in valid L1 (possibly H1B later) status till Sept 30th.

If there is interest I can publish my whole log (censored of course).
But in brief
- Have a low case number
- Read the instructions many times
- Read the forum (if possible many times)
- Be suspicious of everything someone tells you, even your lawyer, always double check if possible. (Ok, sometimes you have trust your lawyer and hope he/she is right.)

Clarification – I didn’t use my company paid lawyers, I used the forum and common sense. My company paid lawyers are not paid to handle my DV case and provided me only with general info that is available here in the forum. If I had used them I had to pay them and I am certain they would’ve done great job and shielded me from the details but I thought I could achieve greater speed on my own.

This is very briefly the whole story ;-))

Well what can I say, never know where the luck is coming from. Good luck for the interview and really smooth process and really quick as I see. better late then never.

I added my info yesterday and was checking ever since to see when someone will ask me this question ;-)
So if you read one of my long posts, we moved and I didn't get the NL in mail. I am nearing my L1 stay and my employer sponsored PERM was in audit so my lawyers at Fragomen (should sound familiar to all working for big companies) where asking me for some documents to see if they can file for H1B for me..... and while checking my archive I saw the DV confirmation numbers, it was end of March and I decided to see if the system will allow me to check for DV2012. It didn't. I run all our confirmation numbers since they started offering online check (I think for dv 2009). And it always said it wanted numbers starting with 2011 so at the end I've got to 2011 confirmation numbers and there was big surprise waiting for me there.
It was Friday night (2am Saturday) and I immediately sent email to KCC, getting to sleep was difficult that night.

It took me couple of days emailing and calling KCC and (week -3)
on Tuesday I've got my case number,
on Wednesday I've got the link to dvselectee web site,
on Thursday I've got the 1st NL in email but I have read dvselectee already and wasn't waiting, in the morning I was already in USCIS FO Lawrence, MA.

Why Lawrence not Boston? - This might be my biggest mistake, we will see. USCIS web site said this is the FO serving my county, it is the same distance from me to go to Boston and Lawrence but driving to Boston and parking is crazy and besides I figured Boston FO will be very busy. I haven't read this forum yet.

I've got in Lawrence FO in lunch break there was almost nobody in the waiting room and only 2 officers on duty. But they were totally clueless to why I was there and what to do with DV cases. I just later learnt from this forum that this is a sign of big troubles ahead.

The same day (Thursday) I sent DSP-122 to KCC with Lawrence FO office as my choice.

On Friday April 1st I prepared the certified check for DV fee and later in the night started reading the forum. The I realized I should've chosen Boston.

Next week (week -2) was uneventful because the local civil surgeon was fully booked, I just sent the dv fee check. I should've looked for another but I was very busy with other things and besides this one is 3 miles from my home.

week -1 - did the medicals and sent documents for translation. My wife and I got just MMR, I've got Tdap and my son got some shots which he would've gotten anyways in the end of the year.

I should've tried to do the medicals and translations previous week but I was very busy and also was trying to find local translator. I ended up with someone in WI.

Week 0 (EASTER) - got the seal medicals and translations, put everything together and on Thursday night sent the package to the lockbox. I could've mailed it on Wed but the translations needed some corrections and the two whole punch pushed that one day.

Week 1 – acceptance, NoA
Week 2 – biometrics and interview letter
Week 3 –pass
Week 4 – biometrics done
Week 5 – hopefully uneventful
Week 6 – hopefully interview

Oh, did I mention I didn’t file I-131 Advance Parole and I-765 EAD to speed up my case?! I was very concerned at first that all the visas are already taken and I found out too late that I am selected. Also later when I was more informed I figured I don’t need them because I am in valid L1 (possibly H1B later) status till Sept 30th.

If there is interest I can publish my whole log (censored of course).
But in brief
- Have a low case number
- Read the instructions many times
- Read the forum (if possible many times)
- Be suspicious of everything someone tells you, even your lawyer, always double check if possible. (Ok, sometimes you have trust your lawyer and hope he/she is right.)

Clarification – I didn’t use my company paid lawyers, I used the forum and common sense. My company paid lawyers are not paid to handle my DV case and provided me only with general info that is available here in the forum. If I had used them I had to pay them and I am certain they would’ve done great job and shielded me from the details but I thought I could achieve greater speed on my own.

You mentioned couple of time that you did mistake this and that...asked for the wrong FO...etc.

But looking at the timeline, you nailed it best. I see no mistakes. 6 weeks from start to finish is great. I don't think anyone here has done better.

Probably the fact that you were current since Oct, did move the screws faster as far as scheduling your interview. As everything else is pretty much normal. I think the only variable is the IL (interview letter).

Keep us posted!