• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi Everyone!

I'm confused about the fees that we need to pay for filing AoS....

Do we need to pay 440 for the DV fee or 1040 for AoS + Biometric. or both? I hope its not both :( faint :(

CP is 'consular processing', i.e. going home and doing it at the embassy.
If you cannot 'defend' self emp. with good data/docs as I said, you will need to think about that. You know best about your case, so its up to you.

@Yoni, I was also thinking just 2 a-h be the MAIN cause, I was giving other explanations just as for his 'future' ref.
I would still ask ALL to give the DV CN near at that 'h' line, there is enough space if you want to write it.

His seems a bad luck that a novice may have handled it at the lock box. Send it back asap if you still wants to do AoS.

Thanks, NuvF!
Well, my understanding is that I do neither enough time for the Consular Processing (as everything must be finished by the end of Sept 2011), nor the possibility (as I requested AOS). So, I guess, I just have to do everything through AOS now.

1st, do not panic. It seems that everything is good with your case.

btw: where did you send your package??

Just check again all package, put the DV letter just under the I-485 forms.

Send tomorrow overnight (express mail)

Thanks, NuvF!
Well, my understanding is that I do neither enough time for the Consular Processing (as everything must be finished by the end of Sept 2011), nor the possibility (as I requested AOS). So, I guess, I just have to do everything through AOS now.

btw: where did you send your package??

Thanks, Yoni!
The package was sent at:
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Attn: FBAS 131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60603-5517

I am also going to call them tomorrow morning!

I really doubt that... but FBAS stands for Family Based Adjustment of Status...

maybe...maybe, the package was routed to the Family Based....and they are only looking for I-130 either approved or pending....Since there is not I-130 in your package...maybe that is why they rejected it.

I also mailed my package express mail to Dearborn address. But I omitted the FBAS and simply put the address without that "ATTN FBAS"

Thanks, Yoni!
The package was sent at:
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Attn: FBAS 131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60603-5517

I am also going to call them tomorrow morning!

maybe...maybe, the package was routed to the Family Based....and they are only looking for I-130 either approved or pending....Since there is not I-130 in your package...maybe that is why they rejected it.

I also mailed my package express mail to Dearborn address. But I omitted the FBAS and simply put the address without that "ATTN FBAS"

Hm... You know.. I think you may be right! I am going to ask them about it tomorrow when I call them. This at least sounds like a possible explanation...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm... You know.. I think you may be right! I am going to ask them about it tomorrow when I call them. This at least sounds like a possible explanation...

I've put ATTN: FBAS and mine was accepted. No I-130, no I-140, just copy of selectee letter.

I think that you definitely need to figure out what might be wrong before re-submitting. It might be painful, and it might be really that someone made a mistake there, but you don't have time to resubmit and wait another month or so to find out you need to check different checkbox somewhere.

Kamsable,
Can you type here again the full letter that you got explaining the rejection. Again type everything there except your name/address/other personal details.

Maybe there's something that we didn't see.

hey
I just noticed that I sent mine to the wrong address: USCIS P.O.BOX 805887 Chicago, IL 60680-4120. They received it on 05/15/2011 I hope they will not reject mypackage.
Do you guys think they can transfer my package to the right place ?

This one is also correct address. You should not worry about it.

hey
I just noticed that I sent mine to the wrong address: USCIS P.O.BOX 805887 Chicago, IL 60680-4120. They received it on 05/15/2011 I hope they will not reject mypackage.
Do you guys think they can transfer my package to the right place ?

Hello everyone,I recently found the forum and it has quite helpful information about the whole process. I appreciate each one's effort.
I and my husband have hired a lawyer to do all the process, so I don't have all the dates most of the people posted about their case. What I know is we sent the AOS documents in/or around December and got our Biometrics 02/24 and received our EADs in March. But since then, we have been waiting for the letter for the interview date. I was thinking that we should've received our green cards by June or July so I already purchased my tickets to visit my family back in home and applied for advance parole. My lawyer told me that they already contacted IO about our case and she was told to contact with IO at the end of July If we don't hear anything. My local immigration office is Los Angeles and I'm wondering if there is anyone who is also applying to the same local office. I was told in Los Angeles office, they are still processing the applications submitted in September 2010!!! Doesn't seem quite right to me. And If anyone can give me some information what to do I will appreciate that. Thank you and good luck to all!

In Los Angeles, they might be processing Employment cases and/or family based case with priority date of Sep 2010, but DV cases are handled differently. There are at least two cases from Dima2121 and Dimus (according to the spreadsheet), that got their GC and they applied way after Sep. 2010... In fact, dimus's case looks timing wise similar to you as he had his bio letter 2/22. He got IL around 4/29....
Did you get any RFE?

Contact you lawyer and find out about the dates that you completed the steps and add them to a signature and also the spreadsheet.
Maybe other people from same office could chip in more info.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tNhB2CVZoq1u42Zedti0PLw&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

Hello everyone,I recently found the forum and it has quite helpful information about the whole process. I appreciate each one's effort.
I and my husband have hired a lawyer to do all the process, so I don't have all the dates most of the people posted about their case. What I know is we sent the AOS documents in/or around December and got our Biometrics 02/24 and received our EADs in March. But since then, we have been waiting for the letter for the interview date. I was thinking that we should've received our green cards by June or July so I already purchased my tickets to visit my family back in home and applied for advance parole. My lawyer told me that they already contacted IO about our case and she was told to contact with IO at the end of July If we don't hear anything. My local immigration office is Los Angeles and I'm wondering if there is anyone who is also applying to the same local office. I was told in Los Angeles office, they are still processing the applications submitted in September 2010!!! Doesn't seem quite right to me. And If anyone can give me some information what to do I will appreciate that. Thank you and good luck to all!

Last edited by a moderator: