• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi everybody, and Lucky eu13***! It's my first time here, and I'm so happy to find this site today, cause I'm about to lost my mind!!! I have exactly the same situation as Lucky ey13***! I filled out my application I-485 in October 22, 2010 and in November 19, I recieved the letter from Los Angeles immigration office that they got it. ( In that time I had a F-1 visa). After that i did fingerprint (December 28) and I've already have work authorization (which I recieved on January 2011), but I'm still waiting for the interview letter. My case number is 28***, and I know that it's already scheduled on June, according to Visa Bulliten. All the time when I try to call to Los Angeles immigration office - they said to me that now they were processing application for September and I need to wait!!! On May 20 I went to the Los Angeles immigration office; they said to me that all my documents right now in the National Benefits Center. However, I didn't recieved any letter from them regarding this. Could some please explane to me is it good sing or bad? And maybe somebody have the idea what should I do right now cause I don't want to lose my interview.

Sorry for mistake, my English isn't so good, nut I hope you undertood my situation.

First I have to say this: We have a lot of new people in the forum...Please add signatures and also add you info to the spreadsheet at:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tNhB2CVZoq1u42Zedti0PLw&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

Now, You are really lucky that your package was not rejected assuming you are in EU and your number is 28xxx. Indeed this # is going to be current in June...But you applied back in October 22nd....way too early for your number....

Maybe that has caused your case to be put on a back burner...But with the # (again assuming it is EU, as you did not say), Your interview could be at earliest in June. So I hope for you that you will get the interview letter soon. In the mean time, call KCC and ask them if they had received a request to send your file to USCIS and if you file was sent already.

Let us know and please add signature and spreadsheet details....

Hi everybody, and Lucky eu13***! It's my first time here, and I'm so happy to find this site today, cause I'm about to lost my mind!!! I have exactly the same situation as Lucky ey13***! I filled out my application I-485 in October 22, 2010 and in November 19, I recieved the letter from Los Angeles immigration office that they got it. ( In that time I had a F-1 visa). After that i did fingerprint (December 28) and I've already have work authorization (which I recieved on January 2011), but I'm still waiting for the interview letter. My case number is 28***, and I know that it's already scheduled on June, according to Visa Bulliten. All the time when I try to call to Los Angeles immigration office - they said to me that now they were processing application for September and I need to wait!!! On May 20 I went to the Los Angeles immigration office; they said to me that all my documents right now in the National Benefits Center. However, I didn't recieved any letter from them regarding this. Could some please explane to me is it good sing or bad? And maybe somebody have the idea what should I do right now cause I don't want to lose my interview.

Sorry for mistake, my English isn't so good, nut I hope you undertood my situation.

I just saw it again and i need to ask you: Are you sure that what you got after sending the package was from Los Angeles immigration office?

After you send you application, you get an acceptance letter (fee receipt I-797C) from the National Benefits Center in Lee's Summit, MO 64002...

Then you should have received the fingerprinting letter also from the national benefits center...

I'm pretty much at your stage right now (after completing the biometrics) and I have yet to receive a letter from My Local office.

How come you already received a letter from them so early in the process??? Maybe others can chime in and help.

November 19, I recieved the letter from Los Angeles immigration office that they got it

Interview experience

We just have our interview and it was really a good one. Our interview was scheduled at 9 am in Memphis immigration office. We reached there at around 8:45. Then we passed the security and went into the waiting room dedicated for interviews. Around 20/25 people was waiting there. We dropped our interview letters in a box. I was wondering when our turn will come. An officer called us at about 8:55. He was really a nice person. At first, he asked us to take oath. Then he asked for the passports and any other ID. I don't have any any other ID. So, I gave him the passport only. My husband gave the passport and drivers license. He browsed through my passport and finally took out the I-94. At that moment, I started to feel excited. He was writing something on the I-485. Then, he also checked my husband's passport and took out the I-94 as well. After that, he started asking questions to my husband. He asked name, address, date of birth, mother's first name, father's first name and social security number. Then he asked me the same questions. He also asked some yes/no questions from I-485 to both of us together. He asked my husband about his study. He also asked for the university ID. Then he asked for birth certificates and marriage certificate. He verified the papers. He was wondering whether birth certificate is issued in English in our country. I told him, we can get birth certificate in both language. Then, he was doing something in the computer and printed a paper. At that moment I really felt that our case is going to be approved. Then he told that he has approved the case. We should get the green card within 7 to 10 days. The green card is going to be valid for 10 years. We can apply for citizenship after 5 years. He gave us an approval letter as well. Then he was smiling and asked us whether we are planning to get a kid. I told him, we don't have such plan so far. We thanked him and came out.

Thats the experience. I was never able to see my case status online. But suddenly I am able to see my case status - CPO :) I want to thank all the members of this forum. You guys really helped and inspired me a lot. Wish you all best of luck who has upcoming interviews.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a great interview! Congratulations sharminlee.

Interview experience

We just have our interview and it was really a good one. Our interview was scheduled at 9 am in Memphis immigration office. We reached there at around 8:45. Then we passed the security and went into the waiting room dedicated for interviews. Around 20/25 people was waiting there. We dropped our interview letters in a box. I was wondering when our turn will come. An officer called us at about 8:55. He was really a nice person. At first, he asked us to take oath. Then he asked for the passports and any other ID. I don't have any any other ID. So, I gave him the passport only. My husband gave the passport and drivers license. He browsed through my passport and finally took out the I-94. At that moment, I started to feel excited. He was writing something on the I-485. Then, he also checked my husband's passport and took out the I-94 as well. After that, he started asking questions to my husband. He asked name, address, date of birth, mother's first name, father's first name and social security number. Then he asked me the same questions. He also asked some yes/no questions from I-485 to both of us together. He asked my husband about his study. He also asked for the university ID. Then he asked for birth certificates and marriage certificate. He verified the papers. He was wondering whether birth certificate is issued in English in our country. I told him, we can get birth certificate in both language. Then, he was doing something in the computer and printed a paper. At that moment I really felt that our case is going to be approved. Then he told that he has approved the case. We should get the green card within 7 to 10 days. The green card is going to be valid for 10 years. We can apply for citizenship after 5 years. He gave us an approval letter as well. Then he was smiling and asked us whether we are planning to get a kid. I told him, we don't have such plan so far. We thanked him and came out.

Thats the experience. I was never able to see my case status online. And it is not available so far. I want to thank all the members of this forum. You guys really helped and inspired me a lot. Wish you all best of luck who has upcoming interviews.

Hi friends,
I just called KCC and they told me they have transfered the case to local USCIS office two weeks ago. I haven't received any interview letter so far. Should I contact USCIS and ask them to give me an inerview appointment or I have to wait until I receive the interview letters? Could you please shed some light on this issue?
Thanks!

Hi friends,
I just called KCC and they told me they have transfered the case to local USCIS office two weeks ago. I haven't received any interview letter so far. Should I contact USCIS and ask them to give me an inerview appointment or I have to wait until I receive the interview letters? Could you please shed some light on this issue?
Thanks!

I saw this post and call KCC to check as I am 1 week away form the interview and they haven't transferred the file, there is no request yet. Problem or no problem?

Yoni123, as I said before my Englidh isn't good enought, maybe I confused you.

First, Thanks for answering. You was right, when you said that my numner is EO28***. Today evening, when I come home, I'll put all my information and spreadsheet. I've already called to KCC last week, they said that my case in LA Immigration and they coudn't do anything to help me. I called to Immigration, they said I have to wait maybe two more months. However, according to Visa Bulliten it has been already scheduled. My question is why they still didn't send me interwiev letter? If I understand right they suppouse to do it one month before the interview, and if it was scheduled on earlier June, I've already have to received it.

Also, I'll try to answer all your question today evening - cause I need to see my doc. to make sure before giving you wrong info.

Thanks so much to everyone for helping :)))) And God bless all of us to get our GC.

Tzvetanto,
Eventually it won't be a problem but if you'd like to get CPO on the day of your interview you need to make sure your FO has requested the file from KCC.
The best way is to send a letter by mail to your FO and explain that there's a need for them to request your file from KCC. Don't even bother with calls or e-mails.
If you let it go and they don't request the file then they will realize this on the interview and it can take somewhere between 2 weeks and 40 days to get your file from KCC to FO.

Good luck!
I saw this post and call KCC to check as I am 1 week away form the interview and they haven't transferred the file, there is no request yet. Problem or no problem?

Congrats to an easy interview and fast CPO, now wait for the card in your mailbox

Interview experience

Thats the experience. I was never able to see my case status online. But suddenly I am able to see my case status - CPO :) I want to thank all the members of this forum. You guys really helped and inspired me a lot. Wish you all best of luck who has upcoming interviews.

KCC will not send/transfer you file to FO unless they are requested to do so...(by your FO) So that is very good news for you...

for the interview letter, it is up to the FO and their schedule... but at least you know that your KCC file is not a reason for a delay....
:)

Hi friends,
Thanks!

@Laplace: Thanks a lot. I hope, your interview is going to be pretty smooth.

@Natta: Thanks a lot.

@Feel: Congrats for getting welcome letter. Your journey is almost over now.

Yoni123 I sent my I-485 on October, because twice before that I had gone to the Immigration, and they clearly explane me that I can do it from October 2,2010. Now, you said that it could be the reason for the waiting so much...

Even though you file has been transferred by KCC, but you should call USCIS as well to make sure that USCIS has received your file. The reason I am saying this because there may be some processing by NBC before they release the file to local FO. In my case, KCC told me that they sent my file to my local FO on second week of March. But when I called USCIS, they told me that they released the file to my local FO on first week of April. I hope, in your case the processing time is not going to be that much.

Hi friends,
Thanks!

I don't know why they said like this. But clearly you are current on June. According to advance notification, you are supposed to send your AOS package on April. You are very lucky that your application is not denied. However, I suggest you to call KCC to make sure that your file is transferred to your local FO. You should also call USCIS to make sure that they have done all the processing before releasing your file to your local FO. In my opinion, you should have your interview scheduled on June.

Yoni123 I sent my I-485 on October, because twice before that I had gone to the Immigration, and they clearly explane me that I can do it from October 2,2010. Now, you said that it could be the reason for the waiting so much...

Last edited by a moderator:
That is very interesting. There has been a great debate on this issue and there were couple of cases that simply got rejected for filing early. Of course there was also a case of one getting his GC before he was even current, also cases of people getting GC without interview. The consensus was that it is safe to send it when you see your # below the advanced notification table. In your case, under normal conditions, you would not have your interview scheduled before June 2011. Since we are not yet at June, there's nothing in your case to suggest that your case is delayed or has a problem. It is sure under normal processing dates. I would started checking the mailbox daily for the IL... :)