• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hello,

we had the same thing happen to my husband's package. You don't have a receipt number so it will be difficult to track it. The only thing you can do is verify that they received the package. They'll respond sooner or later. They did a month and 6 days after we sent my husband's package.

Try this number (800) 375-5283 or this e-mail Lockboxsupport@dhs.gov.

Hang in there!

Hi guys,

As some of you may remember, I asked about how much time should pass before I would know if my docs (that I mailed to Chicago on April 18) have been accepted. Today is May 13 and there is still no sign that the docs are accepted. The check was not cashed either :(. So, I guess my next question would be - what do I do now? Do I call them on May 19 (a month after I sent my docs), or there is a way to email them? Does anybody know what is their contact information? Any advice will be highly appreciated!

Thanks Yoni.

So looks like August. I had my medicals done last week of August 2010, do you think i need to do them again?

Also, since its most likely that i will be current in August, I should apply so that my application reaches the Chicago LockBox only in August right?

Or should I apply right when the July visa-bulletin is out?

I believe that AS is now at 33,775 for July.

So AS34xxx is almost sure to be current in August. Prepare everything, seal the envelop and go to the post office around June 9th, and mail express over night.

AS37xxx is very likley to be current in August too. (but maybe not), start checking the VB around June 6th every day and twice on Sunday...

Good Luck.

You should send your package immediately after the next visa bulletin is out. I think, you should be able to use your medicals. But I am not expert of this.

Thanks Yoni.

So looks like August. I had my medicals done last week of August 2010, do you think i need to do them again?

Also, since its most likely that i will be current in August, I should apply so that my application reaches the Chicago LockBox only in August right?

Or should I apply right when the July visa-bulletin is out?

Hi all,

Just a few questions for you guys.
I am here on the F1 VISA and now on the OPT status and start working last week. (OPT period: 3/1/2011-3/1/2012)
I want to know that if I quit or get fired during this period ....Will I still be legal in the U.S?
I heard that once the AOS paperwork is submitted, I will still be legal, but it is not recommended that he leave the country. Is this correct?
Thanks for help.

Karen,
Yes, you are in "adjustee" status beginning I-485 receipt notice date. DO NOT leave the country without advance parole(Form I-131) in hand while your I-485 is pending. It would not be more than couple of months for you now. Good luck!
PS: It is always good to maintain your current status though. It might help in the worst-case scenario.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm prolly just dumb and don't get it, but in June (the next visa bulletin), there should be advanced notification of July which will probably have AS37xxxx. So should i only send it after the 9/10th of June ?

Do i need to have my GC in hand by The end of fiscal year or the NOA ? Any idea?
You should send your package immediately after the next visa bulletin is out. I think, you should be able to use your medicals. But I am not expert of this.

If you read the forum from the 1st page, you will have all the ideas...everything was discussed.

Around jun 9th, you will see July VB that has advance notification for August. Look at that table, if your CN is less, send you package on that day overnight.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm prolly just dumb and don't get it, but in June (the next visa bulletin), there should be advanced notification of July which will probably have AS37xxxx. So should i only send it after the 9/10th of June ?

Do i need to have my GC in hand by The end of fiscal year or the NOA ? Any idea?

Thanks, feel.
GOOD LUCK for today!!!

Karen,
Yes, you are in "adjustee" status beginning I-485 receipt notice date. DO NOT leave the country without advance parole(Form I-131) in hand while your I-485 is pending. It would not be more than couple of months for you now. Good luck!
PS: It is always good to maintain your current status though. It might help in the worst-case scenario.

Thank you. I will keep checking and updating. In the meantime :) Thank you and the forum members for being such an important resource throughout the entire process :) Congratulations to everyone whose AOS and GC processes are complete :)

If you read the forum from the 1st page, you will have all the ideas...everything was discussed.

Around jun 9th, you will see July VB that has advance notification for August. Look at that table, if your CN is less, send you package on that day overnight.

Hello,
I had my interview today. It was a nice experience and I had no problems whatsoever. IO asked for my immigration documents such as I-20, Passport with Visa and I-94. Then, IO asked me what am I doing right now and yes/no questions from I-485. IO verified my address and did something on the PC for approval, and later stamped my passport with I-551.

Thank you karen127, natta, sharminlee for your wishes.
@sharminlee, I was not asked for Form I-134 but I suggest you to have one. Better be safe than sorry.

Hi,
Congratulation on your GC,
I was wondering if you could update your signature so we can have an idea how long it takes from sending the package to receiving a GC. Normally 4.5 to 5 months, and since I have a high number I would like to have an idea. maybe I can try a walk-in biometric to to speed up the process, did you do that? If not did someone do a walk-in ? is it better or do you have to have a valid reason ?

Hello,
I had my interview today. It was a nice experience and I had no problems whatsoever. IO asked for my immigration documents such as I-20, Passport with Visa and I-94. Then, IO asked me what am I doing right now and yes/no questions from I-485. IO verified my address and did something on the PC for approval, and later stamped my passport with I-551.

Congratulations!!! That is simply great. You should get your GC very soon.

I already have a I-134 with me. I hope, it will work.

Hello,

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you visit the spreadsheet https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tNhB2CVZoq1u42Zedti0PLw&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0 , where you can see all statistics?

Hi,
Congratulation on your GC,
I was wondering if you could update your signature so we can have an idea how long it takes from sending the package to receiving a GC. Normally 4.5 to 5 months, and since I have a high number I would like to have an idea. maybe I can try a walk-in biometric to to speed up the process, did you do that? If not did someone do a walk-in ? is it better or do you have to have a valid reason ?