• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Is anybody in this forum who applied as a single for DV lottery and married before AoS?

Last edited by a moderator:
DV 2012 results

Urgent
Update: DV2012 results have been cancelled and the new results will be available on July 15,2011.
check the DOS webisite

-------------------
2011AS44*** I think, I couldn't make it via AOS.

Can you post the link where you found this news?

Urgent
Update: DV2012 results have been cancelled and the new results will be available on July 15,2011.
check the DOS webisite

-------------------
2011AS44*** I think, I couldn't make it via AOS.

I can't post a link because I need to have at least 15 participations in this thread, just go to the DOS website, then DV lottery page and you will find the announcement.

DV 2012 results

From DOS

**IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THE 2012 DIVERSITY LOTTERY PROGRAM**

We regret to inform you that, due to a computer programming problem, the results of the 2012 Diversity Lottery that were previously posted on this website have been voided. They were not valid and were posted in error. The results were not valid because they did not represent a fair, random selection of entrants, as required by U.S. law.

If you checked this website during the first week in May and found a notice that you had been selected for further processing or a notice that you had not been selected, that notice has been rescinded and is no longer valid.

A new selection process will be conducted based on the original entries for the 2012 program.

If you submitted a qualified entry from October 5, 2010 to November 3, 2010, your entry remains with us. It will be included in the new selection lottery. Your confirmation number to check results on this website is still valid.

We expect the results of the new selection process to be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011.

We regret any inconvenience this might have caused.

Click here to view a message from David T. Donahue, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Visa Services:

""link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1857622883?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAGWqYgE~,KxHPzbPALrFGi6o0QhQY9IxyliWBJ3Vq&bctid=942119090001""

Yoni,

Would you please share DOJs number? thanks

Update to my BIO appointment:

Just thought that it might be beneficial to people...

When i showed up, the officer at the entrance saw that i had a small band aid on my finger. He wanted to see it and said if that is large enough or on the portion that is getting scanned, they would not do the Finger printing...
Also the person that took my FP paid attention to this too...but said it is OK.

So, if you have FP appointments...don't cut yourself.

Also it took 20 minutes total from the moment i parked till i left..., at the hall entrance, there were people that were sitting without appointments/walk in for about 1-2 hours.

btw: when do you think i should try and call the DOJ to find out the status of my FP? How long should i wait before I call... I know that they don't have to give me the result, but just out of curiosity.

Need help urgent!

HI, i'm from algeria, north africa, I received the first NL may 2010 after that i sent the DS thing and I'v been waiting for the 2end NL to arrive, my case number is kind of high so i haven't received it yet, but now I'm hearing about this fee that your supposed to send. According to the instruction no fee exists before the interview, so what is this fee about? and is it to late for my to pay? thanks in advance

2011AF67****

Hi samioman00

If you apply here in the U.S "AOS"., you must pay $440 to DOS first & then you wait until you number is current and pay $1,070 to USCIS when you send your package to Chicago.
On the other hand, if you wish to apply outside the US via embassy "CP" in your country or in the country your are resident in -the payment is required in the interview date.

Hi everybody,
I have a question regarding the welcome letter for DV applicants.
Following are the fields in the letter, I guess. I got it online.
Notice Type: Welcome Notice
Section: ..................

What is written on the Section field? Is it same for both primary and dependent? I am just researching....:)

Guys I can't believe what happened with the DV2012 drawing. It's unbelievable how something so good can be basically snatched away from you.

*sigh* I feel for the thousands of people who believed they won. But on the same hand, I'm excited that my brother has another shot at winning. *cross fingers*

Hi guys,

As some of you may remember, I asked about how much time should pass before I would know if my docs (that I mailed to Chicago on April 18) have been accepted. Today is May 13 and there is still no sign that the docs are accepted. The check was not cashed either :(. So, I guess my next question would be - what do I do now? Do I call them on May 19 (a month after I sent my docs), or there is a way to email them? Does anybody know what is their contact information? Any advice will be highly appreciated!

Check this from the USCIS page
http://http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=880264337c77e210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD. I hope they will respond you in couple of days. Also raise a service request after 30 days have passed. Good luck!
"Lockboxsupport@dhs.gov can answer questions regarding applications and petitions which are pending acceptance or rejection at the Lockbox, and those which have been rejected."

Hi guys,

As some of you may remember, I asked about how much time should pass before I would know if my docs (that I mailed to Chicago on April 18) have been accepted. Today is May 13 and there is still no sign that the docs are accepted. The check was not cashed either :(. So, I guess my next question would be - what do I do now? Do I call them on May 19 (a month after I sent my docs), or there is a way to email them? Does anybody know what is their contact information? Any advice will be highly appreciated!

I 485 Package

Hi Guys,

I am finally sending out my package. I have a few questions for you.

I am currently on F1 visa and my I-20 expires in July. In the second section of I-485 form, what "application type" do I check? Do I click "Other basis of eligibility" and explain that it is a dv 2011 petition?

Also, what type of a folder did you guys use for the i-485 documents? Should put these all in a Manila folder? or do I need a bigger folder?

Thanks

Check (h) and write "Diversity Visa Lottery Winner" [see page 2 of I-485 instruction]

You should extend your I-20, because it is not guaranteed that you will get interview by July.

I did not use any folder. I think, it does not matter.

Hi Guys,

I am finally sending out my package. I have a few questions for you.

I am currently on F1 visa and my I-20 expires in July. In the second section of I-485 form, what "application type" do I check? Do I click "Other basis of eligibility" and explain that it is a dv 2011 petition?

Also, what type of a folder did you guys use for the i-485 documents? Should put these all in a Manila folder? or do I need a bigger folder?

Thanks

I'm on 37,xxx and Asia is on 23,500 on May and 28,600 on June.. So I'm guessing, i won't be current until July or even August. Does that give me enough time for the entire process to complete? Do i need to consult a lawyer?

Check (h) and write "Diversity Visa Lottery Winner" [see page 2 of I-485 instruction]

You should extend your I-20, because it is not guaranteed that you will get interview by July.

I did not use any folder. I think, it does not matter.

Thank Sharminlee. Actually, the I-20 expires in August. There is a two month grace period after it expires. Do you think I should still extend the I-20?