• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

As far as I know priority dates are used for the employment-based AOS (see Visa Bulettin). Priority Date is the date when a Labor Certificate application has been filed.For DV there're numbers.

Thanks Lucky 2011, and atshuaib for your helps,

I actaully have both U.S state ID and US driver's license. I do have my passport from my country.

For $65, I meant if I can use a bank money instead of postal money, or DOS strictly taken only postal money order? I know it sounds abit silly, but I'm not sure about.

Thanks again!

I do not know when I will be current but I hope to be current in Feb 2011 (adv notification for Apr).

Thanks for reply. Website says, I need to go to USCIS to justify whether I am eligible or not. That's why I was asking. Yes, I am waiting for the fee receipt. So, when you are becoming current?

hi guys!!!

can any F-1 students who sent their papers to Chicago help me?????

im about to send my package to chicago but im confused about my I-20s. i know i should submit my I-20 too but i have 5 of them!!!!! should i send them all or just the last one? and should i make a copy of the first page or all of the pages???
please help me, i have a really short time!!!!
anything is appreciated!!!!

I think it's OK to send a copy of all the I-20s, all pages just to be on the safe side. Although it might suffice just to send one. They probably only need the SEVIS number.

Good Luck

hi guys!!!

im about to send my package to chicago but im confused about my I-20s. i know i should submit my I-20 too but i have 5 of them!!!!! should i send them all or just the last one? and should i make a copy of the first page or all of the pages???

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine didn't have the priority date either. I believe priority date is only used for applications that become current based on the application dates not a number, like family base or some categories of EB.

bcbg,

Mine doesn't have the priority date either. I'm in Booston too, so I'm not sure if it's Boston thing or people in the other area have priority date on the NOA. Does everyone has it???

A little update: I have received my interview letter, yay !! ^^

I have a question. In my interview letter, it said that I need to bring my petitioner's birth certificate. Who is this petitioner? Is it the same as sponsor? I am an F-1 student, apply single, and I have my brother as my sponsor. Is he or me myself the petitioner?

Another question, it said I need to bring I-864, but as far as I know, I-134 is enough, isn't it? I have submitted I-134 together with the AoS package. Do I need to re-submit it?

Thanks in advance for all the help ^^

Congrats on receiving the interview letter, when is your interview schedulled? I think by the petitionar they mean the person who is applying, that would be you, so make sure to take all your documents with you. Regarding the I-864 vs the I-134, I am an F1 student and my husband, the main applicant, or the petitionar was a J1 student this summer, we did not send anything in the AOS package and did not have one with us either, and thanks God we weren;t asked to show one. So I guess to be on the safe side and you said you sponsor is your brother, fill in both forms, it doesn't take that long, but at least you know you have them both ready just in case.
Good luck and keep us posted :)

A little update: I have received my interview letter, yay !! ^^

I have a question. In my interview letter, it said that I need to bring my petitioner's birth certificate. Who is this petitioner? Is it the same as sponsor? I am an F-1 student, apply single, and I have my brother as my sponsor. Is he or me myself the petitioner?

Another question, it said I need to bring I-864, but as far as I know, I-134 is enough, isn't it? I have submitted I-134 together with the AoS package. Do I need to re-submit it?

Thanks in advance for all the help ^^

I am an F1 student, and as well have 5 I-20s , but I only sent a copy of the last one and made sure I have all the three pages, you can take the other coppies with you to the interview when the time will come. SO don;t worry to much, I think the last I-20 you have is a proof that you stayed legal and in-status up till now. Good luck.

hi guys!!!

Congrats on receiving the interview letter, when is your interview schedulled? I think by the petitionar they mean the person who is applying, that would be you, so make sure to take all your documents with you. Regarding the I-864 vs the I-134, I am an F1 student and my husband, the main applicant, or the petitionar was a J1 student this summer, we did not send anything in the AOS package and did not have one with us either, and thanks God we weren;t asked to show one. So I guess to be on the safe side and you said you sponsor is your brother, fill in both forms, it doesn't take that long, but at least you know you have them both ready just in case.
Good luck and keep us posted :)

Thanks natta, and congratz for your GC ^^
My interview will be for Feb 15th, 2011. I can't seem to add more stuff in my signature. I will take your advice and fill out both forms. Thanks again !! ^^

The interview in Kansas went well and simple. I was called in with my wife after about 20mins wait. The officer brought out our forms and explained that we filed 2days earlier than we should but we were lucky to have the application accepted. He then began reviewing the info on our forms .. We confirmed all the info and the signature. He then told us that everything is alright and the visas are ready. however, the final approval will be done by his supervisor, he then gave us a note to that effected. We left the office with heavy minds. The next evening confirmations came for the approval of both our EAD and Green cards. Right now we have the EADs and welcome letters and the green cards have been mailed according to the online status. It will be exactly 3 months since we filed on the 29th of January. I can't believe I am there at last. As a foreign trained Physical Therapist, I have attempted the TOEFL exams 4x with no success in the speaking section, so you can understand my joy that I won't need that anymore.
I wish everyone here the best of luck.

Can you tell us what date did you send your forms?

The interview in Kansas went well and simple. I was called in with my wife after about 20mins wait. The officer brought out our forms and explained that we filed 2days earlier than we should but we were lucky to have the application accepted. He then began reviewing the info on our forms .. We confirmed all the info and the signature. He then told us that everything is alright and the visas are ready. however, the final approval will be done by his supervisor, he then gave us a note to that effected. We left the office with heavy minds. The next evening confirmations came for the approval of both our EAD and Green cards. Right now we have the EADs and welcome letters and the green cards have been mailed according to the online status. It will be exactly 3 months since we filed on the 29th of January. I can't believe I am there at last. As a foreign trained Physical Therapist, I have attempted the TOEFL exams 4x with no success in the speaking section, so you can understand my joy that I won't need that anymore.
I wish everyone here the best of luck.

Looks like he filed 10/29/10 and his number was current in Nov. That means that the IO was wrong. His application should not have been rejected in any case, as he probably had his number in advanced notification in October bulletin that was published around mid September...

Can you tell us what date did you send your forms?

I think so.

Looks like he filed 10/29/10 and his number was current in Nov. That means that the IO was wrong. His application should not have been rejected in any case, as he probably had his number in advanced notification in October bulletin that was published around mid September...

Now it should work. Let me know. By the way, did you hear anything about your biometric letter from USCIS?

Feel, the third link is not working. To fix it, submit it as attachment or use the "Insert Link" function.