• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

What kind of debate are you talking about? Where was the debate taking place? Could you elaborate....

@Suzik,

Please do not try it or it will be rejected. I was current in November and my package got there on 29th October, yet there was a debate wether to reject or accept my application and I was lucky to be accepted. Please wait for your time. Its worth the waiting.

It came up during my interview and the officer explained that if the visas for November were not released on time, my application would have been rejected. A first hand experience was that of a lady last year who had to start all over again after the initial fees had been cashed. She paid another fees. Well that is just my view, some other people might have different experiences.

When did you send your application packet to lockbox? Can you tell us roughly( with some XX) how much is your CN?

It came up during my interview and the officer explained that if the visas for November were not released on time, my application would have been rejected. A first hand experience was that of a lady last year who had to start all over again after the initial fees had been cashed. She paid another fees. Well that is just my view, some other people might have different experiences.

Dear friends,
I just wanted to touch base with all of you one more time and let you know that after the interview on 1/6/2011, I received the NOA on 1/12/2011 and the greencard on 1/15/2011. It feels breathtaking and I pray that all of you get here, on the sunny side of this process, soon. I want to thank again, from my heart, to all of you who have been taking the time and patience to guiding others (including me) onto this path. It is very generous of you and I want to express my gratitude once again. All the best!

CN 2011EU3XXX, AOS
4/25/2010 received 1st NL
5/3/2010 sent ds230, 122 to KCC
6/10/2010 medicals finished
6/14/2010 received 2nd NL
6/17/2010 sent $375 DOS check
6/25/2010 received 1st DOS receipt
8/2/2010 sent $65 DOS check
8/10/2010 received 2nd DOS check
10/01/2010 AOS package sent to Chicago
10/04/2010 AOS package delievered
10/15/2010 USCIS acceptance confirmation
10/15/2010 check cashed
10/19/2010 I-797 letter received
10/25/2010 bioemtrics notice (I-797C) received
11/16/2010 biometrics appt.
1/06/2011 interview
1/12/2011 NOA received
1/15/2011 greencard received

Hi all,

Just wanted to reach out one last time and let everybody know we received our Green cards on Friday. I know you all can imagine how relieved we felt at that moment. I don't think I would have been able to get this far if it had not been for the grace of god and the good will of this forum. The information contained here has been very helpful. Thank you all for the advice and research.

Congratulations to all who received their green card and all the very, very best for those still waiting on theirs. I know it's going to be a good journey for all.

God bless!

Just called USCIS and they said that your package needs to be sent only in the month when your number is current. So, if I'm current in March I can send it in March in order to be accepted. I know this is an official response and it's quite different from what we see on this forum. Well, will leave it at your discretion.
Perhaps it depends on the workload of the FO.

What kind of debate are you talking about? Where was the debate taking place? Could you elaborate....

Last edited by a moderator:
well it is a decision that we have to make whether to send it earlier but have a risk of rejection or send it on time. My question is if we are current on March,are we supposed to send our packages e.g. on 28th of February to expect it to be there on 1st of march or we are supposed to send it after we oficcially see a march bulletin what is around 10th of March?

thanks for all your help!

Here's the quote from the Bulletin:
"For March, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:"

The way I read and understand it is that starting March 1 I can file my application (my number is current in March), so I can send it in February with the expected delivery date in March (any day in March). I would not go as far as waiting for March 10 for the next bulletin.I think the purpose of the advance notification section is to give some time to prepare the application package.

On the other side I still think it's possible to send the package before (this forum is a good prove it works) but... what if for some reason your application gets approved before your number is current (your visa number is available)? It still takes some time for the NOA and biometrics to come. Perhaps it's safe to send it 3-4 weeks in advance.

I just noticed that the NOA I received back in October does not show the priority date. Is that normal? I was wondering if that could slow the scheduling of the interview? Maybe the Boston office orders applications by the priority date and not having a priority date slows the process.

Reptile

@sharminlee

a) What is NOA? Notice of Action (Form I-797C): You receive it after your AOS package is accepted
b) What is PDA? Post Decision Action: Your GC is in the mail
c) What is CPO? Card Production Order: You were approved (mostly after being interviewed) and GC production is ordered.
d) Stick to your status requirements until you get GC. If you want to work while your AOS application is pending, you have to apply for EAD (Employment Authorization Card) when sending your package. This however is most likely not useful since the EAD card is usually mailed weeks before your GC + many people prefer not to complicate their case with it.

I would recommend you send your package quickly. You've been current for a while i guess.

Hey reptile,
How did you change your address at KCC? Can you elaborate the process. I have a similar CN as yours so i was wondering since it becomes current in march; why have you already sent your package to Chicago. Thank you very much for any help. Good luck for your processing.

Dear all,
Thank you all for being so kind and supportive in this forum . I have been reading this forum and it is the best that is out there. I still have some questions that I would really appreciate answers of. Let me give you a brief background about me. I am an F1 visa student. I am an undergraduate double majoring in Accounting and Information Technology. I am currently unemployed from November because I am studying for an unpaid Internship which starts from February. My CN is 2011AS16XXX its current in march. I am doing AOS. I am getting my package together so havent yet sent my package to the chicago lockbox. Here are my questions :
1) I recently moved from to a new apartment and would like to change the old address(the one where i got my 1st NL and 2nd NL) that KCC has. How do i request for an address changed?
2) Since I am unemployed right now, but still was employed till November. Do you think I need an affidavit of sponsorship. If I need one do what are the documentations required for a complete affidavit of sponsorship?
3) I mistakenly filed the wrong tax return form for the year 2009. I should have file 1040 NR but instead I filed the 1040A (which is for American Citizen). So, i also got the education credits which i think i should not have. I called irs and they told me i could amend it and told me to fill the form 1040X and send it. Do you think i should do it or just leave it as they way it is. I want to amend it because this leaving it without amending would be a negative impression on my case. Please suggest.
4) We have to send the copy of our tax returns to the lockbox. I got the irs and there were two kinds of copies. One was the transcript of the tax return (free and will arrive in 10 days) and other was a copy of the original tax return (which cost around 67 dollars and takes like 6 weeks to arrive). Which one should i order? Plus should i amend my mistake first (previously discussed in question 3) and then get the copies of the return.
5) How many years of tax return necessary? A year back? or two? Since the new W2s come out in February should i send that one too while sending my package to chicago lockbox.
6) I have seen some of the forum members had send their package to lockbox before the month it was current and still the package was processed. Some argued the package had to be sent in the month it is current in. what should i do. My CN is current in March.
7)Can anyone give me good attorney's info who around/ near Virginia beach, Virginia
Thank you all for any kind of help. You guys are great. I will pray for all of you and good luck.

Dear all,
Thank you all for being so kind and supportive in this forum . I have been reading this forum and it is the best that is out there. I still have some questions that I would really appreciate answers of. Let me give you a brief background about me. I am an F1 visa student. I am an undergraduate double majoring in Accounting and Information Technology. I am currently unemployed from November because I am studying for an unpaid Internship which starts from February. My CN is 2011AS16XXX its current in march. I am doing AOS. I am getting my package together so havent yet sent my package to the chicago lockbox. Here are my questions :
1) I recently moved from to a new apartment and would like to change the old address(the one where i got my 1st NL and 2nd NL) that KCC has. How do i request for an address changed?
2) Since I am unemployed right now, but still was employed till November. Do you think I need an affidavit of sponsorship. If I need one do what are the documentations required for a complete affidavit of sponsorship?
3) I mistakenly filed the wrong tax return form for the year 2009. I should have file 1040 NR but instead I filed the 1040A (which is for American Citizen). So, i also got the education credits which i think i should not have. I called irs and they told me i could amend it and told me to fill the form 1040X and send it. Do you think i should do it or just leave it as they way it is. I want to amend it because this leaving it without amending would be a negative impression on my case. Please suggest.
4) We have to send the copy of our tax returns to the lockbox. I got the irs and there were two kinds of copies. One was the transcript of the tax return (free and will arrive in 10 days) and other was a copy of the original tax return (which cost around 67 dollars and takes like 6 weeks to arrive). Which one should i order? Plus should i amend my mistake first (previously discussed in question 3) and then get the copies of the return.
5) How many years of tax return necessary? A year back? or two? Since the new W2s come out in February should i send that one too while sending my package to chicago lockbox.
6) I have seen some of the forum members had send their package to lockbox before the month it was current and still the package was processed. Some argued the package had to be sent in the month it is current in. what should i do. My CN is current in March.
7)Can anyone give me good attorney's info who around/ near Virginia beach, Virginia
Thank you all for any kind of help. You guys are great. I will pray for all of you and good luck.

Hello sdang003. Welcome to the forum & congrats for being current.

As per the 50-day rule (discussed in details in previous pages of this forum and the 2010 one), you can apply as soon as you # appears in the advanced notification section of the bulletin. It's your choice. Check this spreadsheet to check the decisions of other people in the forum.

For the change of address, I sent them an email and a letter. They replied to the email stating my address was changed on file. Include your name, DOB and CN in the email. If necessary call them.

As F1 student, an affidavit of support might not even be required from you. I didn't send one with my AOS package but will prepare one before my interview. The only guideline out there is that you need to prove you will not be a public charge (again check previous pages in this forum). I don't think IRS tax return forms are a must either. They are used as proof of financial stability. If it's too much hassle to correct your status with IRS & request/fill new forms, i would just send them the employment letter + bank statements, but this is just me.

No guidelines for how many years. Usually last two are included.

Maybe others can help with the other questions.

Just to remind that for change of address:

You have to fill form AR-11 as USCIS requirement within a specific # of days after changing your address. Form can be filled online. You would have to do that even if you're not applying for AOS.