• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Natta, Feel is right about the SSN. If you don't have any campus job, you cannot apply for SSN on F!. It was possible but not anymore. And for your information you don't need SSN to get IDs or open a bank account. I have all those and yet I do not have SS card. I hope it comes on time anyway, because I need to start working as soon as possible and no one is taking me without SSN.

Feel is very correct. Its true that you cannot get an SSN as an F1 without an on-campus job. And also you do not need an SSN to open a bank account or get an ID. After all, I have all that and yet I do not have an SSN. Well, I hope mine comes in the mail soon, because i need to start work and no one is giving me a job without the card.

Wow! What a day for you! Good luck.

Feel is very correct. Its true that you cannot get an SSN as an F1 without an on-campus job. And also you do not need an SSN to open a bank account or get an ID. After all, I have all that and yet I do not have an SSN. Well, I hope mine comes in the mail soon, because i need to start work and no one is giving me a job without the card.

Baobab,

Thanks for the response. I was not aware that other members had responded to my question. Do you have any idea how long it requires to receive a receipt of DV fee after we send it. Anyways thanks a bunch for helping me with the information. I was very stressed out about it.

Thanks.

I believe that your question was addressed to feel, but to echo what he already answered:
- for affidavit of support you need I-134. You do not have to submit it with your AOS package, just have it with you for the interview.
- my opinion is that it is pretty safe to apply when your number is shown current in the advanced notification of the visa bulletin, but it is your call if you want to do that or wait until the start of the actual month when you are current.
- you do not need police reports from either US or your country. You have asked this question before and multiple forum members answered it (several pages back).
Good luck.

I need some advices:
My wife is pregnant and expecting to give birth somewhere in september according to her Ob-gyn(doctor). We have to wait at least 2 months to receive an official birth certificate of the child and afterward we ll fill for his/her canadian passport which might take at least 4 weeks to be established. To sum up my child will receive his own passport after 3 months (that is how things go here in Canada).

The problem is that: According to previous experiences and based on our high case # our interview at the embassy should be held around september as well in Montreal, and my child wont have neither his birth certicate nor his passport !
I really anxious about this issue , dont know what to do and how the embassy will handle my case ?
I am planning to inform KCC about my wife pregnancy in the upcoming months.

Please any advice will be welcome...........................

Hi all,

I'm about to send my package today, and I thought I'd run my checklist by you in case I forgot something... here it is (as I'm on H1B I'm not applying for an employement authorization):

- Form I-485
- Two identical photographs
- Check for fees ($1070)
- AOS fee receipts
- Notification letters 1 and 2
- Form G-325A
- Form I-693: Medical examination report
- Scans of relevant Passport Pages (photo page and H1B+I94)
- (Empty) Criminal Record + certified translation
- Scan of US University diploma (Masters Degree) + transcript
- Scan of FR high school diploma and masters degree
- Scans of last three W2s
- Scans of last four pay stubs
- International Birth Certificate
- Proof of employment (employment letter)

You do not need to send or mention about police report if you are doing AOS in US. Other than that, your checklist is all good.

Hi all,

I'm about to send my package today, and I thought I'd run my checklist by you in case I forgot something... here it is (as I'm on H1B I'm not applying for an employement authorization):

- Form I-485
- Two identical photographs
- Check for fees ($1070)
- AOS fee receipts
- Notification letters 1 and 2
- Form G-325A
- Form I-693: Medical examination report
- Scans of relevant Passport Pages (photo page and H1B+I94)
- (Empty) Criminal Record + certified translation
- Scan of US University diploma (Masters Degree) + transcript
- Scan of FR high school diploma and masters degree
- Scans of last three W2s
- Scans of last four pay stubs
- International Birth Certificate
- Proof of employment (employment letter)

guys,

I found out that even with GC, one who lives in TX can not pay in-state tuition. in order to be eligible you must be a "TX resident". for example one of the conditions for residency is that you must have worked in TX for 1 year as a "gainful employee" which must have been non-student job (i.e. GRA, TA ,.. are not accepted). this rule is true even for US citizens! I do not know about other states.

Is the address below supposed to be with FBAS or AOS? I'm confused...

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

I would write AOS. I do not know why the instruction says so for non-family based application as well.

Is the address below supposed to be with FBAS or AOS? I'm confused...

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

I would recommend that you write the address as provided. There must be a reason as to why they ask us to send it there. Besides, I have read on USCIS websites that the FBAS folks handle all of the AOS applications.

I would write AOS. I do not know why the instruction says so for non-family based application as well.

Hello Lucky2011,

Please show some patience and just wait for your appointment. February 17, is just a couple of weeks away. Don't push it to hard.

Good luck on your walk-in

Update:

Biometric letter received for an appointment on February 17. I'm thinking about doing walk-in next Thursday. Hopefully, they will let me in and won't turn me away.

nncu, lisa6, personhuang and pbz:
I wish you all good luck with your interviews on 1/27. I am sure ya'll will come back with great news. This time 4 of you are from the 4 different states..:)
Cheers!

nncu, lisa6, personhuang and pbz:
I wish you all good luck with your interviews on 1/27. I am sure ya'll will come back with great news. This time 4 of you are from the 4 different states..:)
Cheers!

Thank you!

I haven't been on forum recently. I am so tired at work and can't wait until Thursday and all this is finally over.

I will post my cover letter and all docs which I got from USCIS after the interview.

Good luck guys with your interviews, just be calm and patient and trust in yourself and have confidence that everything will workout fine :)

guys,

I found out that even with GC, one who lives in TX can not pay in-state tuition. in order to be eligible you must be a "TX resident". for example one of the conditions for residency is that you must have worked in TX for 1 year as a "gainful employee" which must have been non-student job (i.e. GRA, TA ,.. are not accepted). this rule is true even for US citizens! I do not know about other states.

This is true for almost ALL the states. I am not sure about 'gainful' part, it I think is wrong info. But 1 yr state residency as a US-PR is a requirement.
Just check with your school's reg and records office and ask specifically for 'state higher ed board requirements' for state residency.

Best!

Last edited by a moderator: