• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

:mad: USCIS website says local FO closed today (due to weather).

Same thing happened on the day of my biometrics.. but I did a walk-in the next day. Called USCIS, the agent says I need to wait for my interview reschedule letter. I guess it is unlikely that the rescheduled date will be within a month. Can't believe this.. had been waiting so long... grr

I'm wondering if I should I drive to the FO and check if it is really closed (its only 3 miles away)!!

Please let me know if anybody else here has had their interview rescheduled.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's too bad.... You might want to do infopass soon to get more information.

:mad: USCIS website says local FO closed today (due to weather).

Same thing happened on the day of my biometrics.. but I did a walk-in the next day. Called USCIS, the agent says I need to wait for my interview reschedule letter. I guess it is unlikely that the rescheduled date will be within a month. Can't believe this.. had been waiting so long... grr

I'm wondering if I should I drive to the FO and check if it is really closed (its only 3 miles away)!!

Please let me know if anybody else here has had their interview rescheduled.

I can't remember who was. but someone had the same issue with FO closing and interview was re-schedule within the same month. Maybe was someone from a family base aos , I think.
I check the FO closing list and I think that Lisa6 has the same problem :(. I am waiting to hear from her too. Sorry to hear about that!

I don't know what you guys are talkning about, maybe it is different in Vermont, but in 2006 when I came, I got my SS card in less than 2 weeks with no problem. ALso in Vermont you can not do much without a social security card, no ID and definetly no bank account or credit card, maybe it is different from state to state.

Hello Everyone and good luck to those that have interviews coming up.

Natta, congrats! I have been reading this forum for the past month and it is very informative. As to the SSN, it is true. In 2006, I'm pretty sure it was easy. But nothing is anymore. My husband is under H4 and cannot get one, because he's obviously not supposed to work. But I was able to open a joint account and needed his passport etc, nothing else. They have to track that but in some banks they want to see a SSN. I also added him to my Heath Insurance and didn't need the SSN. So it probably depends on the state, but lately if you don't or let's say, if you're not authorized to work, you don't need a SSN. You even have to go to their office, to get a letter stating your status to get a driver's license. The MVA is aware of that (had to go through this for my husband).

Hello All

I will be updating my status and following this thread actively.
I'm on H1, my husband under H4, and I have a stepdaughter that is out of the US, and a 7 month old son (US citizen). So, my lawyer told us to adjust here, and do consular processing for my stepdaughter.
Hopefully, we will not experience something crazy.

Leyna

2011AF00017XXX

04/22/10 1st NL Received
11/17/10 $880 sent to DOS
11/28/10 Receipt received
12/17/10 Medicals started
01/14/11 Medicals done
Current in January
01/21/11 AOS package sent

Thanks a lot and wish you good luck. Sorry to hear about those who could not have the interview due to weather. here in Vermont they dont close so often as we get snow all winter long, cant have the offices closed all the time. Good luck guys and hang on, litle more to go.

Hello Everyone and good luck to those that have interviews coming up.

Natta, congrats! I have been reading this forum for the past month and it is very informative. As to the SSN, it is true. In 2006, I'm pretty sure it was easy. But nothing is anymore. My husband is under H4 and cannot get one, because he's obviously not supposed to work. But I was able to open a joint account and needed his passport etc, nothing else. They have to track that but in some banks they want to see a SSN. I also added him to my Heath Insurance and didn't need the SSN. So it probably depends on the state, but lately if you don't or let's say, if you're not authorized to work, you don't need a SSN. You even have to go to their office, to get a letter stating your status to get a driver's license. The MVA is aware of that (had to go through this for my husband).

Yah, lisa6 should have the same problem too. It is good to know that the interview was rescheduled the same month for a similar case(although this month is almost over). Hopefully, our are rescheduled pretty quick too.

I can't remember who was. but someone had the same issue with FO closing and interview was re-schedule within the same month. Maybe was someone from a family base aos , I think.
I check the FO closing list and I think that Lisa6 has the same problem :(. I am waiting to hear from her too. Sorry to hear about that!

We got it!

We had an interview today at Newark FO and got approved.
We got there at 10:30, interview was supposed to be at 11.00.

First we were told that due to the weather condition there are no available officers and they had to reschedule us. I said there is no way they were doing it to us and I was not going anywhere. When I told them that it was DV case, they said that "Oh, that changes everything, please come in and officer will see you today"

Once we go it in we went to Window 2,showed our interview letters and were assigned a number - 1.

Newark FO is a mess. People are called by numbers, names. Our number was 1, but before us they were calling numbers 16, 17...35. Then we asked what's up with number 1, and were told it was already called, which was not true at all.
Anyway an hour after we were called in.

Young officer was very serious, kind a a hurry. Eniter interview was not more then 5 mins. We were asked following questions:

name, dob, address, some yes or no questions from i-485
originals of birth cert and marriage license - officer did not even open them, we could show guarantee papers for an oven with the right translation, and it'd work out:)
my employer letter(I am H1B), recent paystubs and tax returns

I-134 for my hubby (he is H4). I had it and I did it myself. It was not necessarily that it has to come from US por or citizen.I did not get it notarized either.

Then he asked us how we can prove that we live together. I told him that we are not here to prove it, we are married and happily in love, besides that we have joint bank account and tax returns for the past 3 years and he already copies of all that.

He said OK you are good to go, in 9 days you will receive the card.

Online Status changed to Card/ Document Production - 5 hours after the interview.

If you guys have any questions please feel free to ask.

I am also attaching my cover letter, which was sent along with I-485.

2010 Forum was super helpful. You don't need a lawyer for all this. You can do it yourself.

Thank you for your support. You guys all rock!!! Good luck everybody!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Lisa, so happy for you that you guys made it. Wish you to get CPO soon and get the cards. I wish you good luck in life and peace and love in your familly :)

We got it!

First we were told that dues to the weather condition there are no available officers and they had to reschedule us. I said there is no way they were doing it to us and I was not going anywhere. When I told them that it was DV case, they said that "Oh, that changes everything, please come in and officer will see you today"

Once we go it in we went to Window 2,showed out interview letter and were assigned a number - 1.

Newark FO is a mess. People are called by numbers, names. Our number was 1, but before us they were calling numbers 16, 17...35. Then we asked what's up with number 1, and were told it was already called, which was not true at all.
Anyway an hour after we were called in.

Young officer was very serious, kind a a hurry. Eniter interview was not more then 5 mins. We were asked following questions:

name, dob, adders, some yes or no questions from i-485
originals of birth cert and marriage license.
my employer letter(I am H1B), recent paystubs and tax returns

I-134 for my hubby (he is H4). I had it and I did it myself. It was not necessarily that it has to come from US por or citizen.I did not get it notarized either.

Then he asked us how we can prove that we live together. I told him that we are not here to prove it, we are married and happily in love, besides that we have joint bank account and tax returns for the past 3 years and he already copies of all that.

He said OK you are good to go, in 9 days you will receive the card.

The status of the application online is still Acceptance, so far no sms about cpo, but its too early anyway.

If you guys any questions please feel free to ask.

I am also attaching my cover letter, which was sent along with I-485.

2010 Forum was super helpful. You don't need a lawyer for all this. You can do it yourself.

Thank you for your support. You guys all rock!!! Good luck everybody!!!

Congrats Lisa!! How are you planning to celebrate?
Just had one question for you. Did you already file your 2010 taxes? I know the deadline is in April and my employer didn't send me the W2 as yet. They usually send it in early February and my interview is on the 8th.

We got it!

!!!

Congratulations lisa6!!

Unfortunately my interview did not take place today, local FO was closed. I had seen the Newark, NJ FO listed as closed on the USCIS website this morning but it is not there anymore. Great to hear you got it!! Now, if I could be so as fortunate...:)

Maybe you should have gone to the office and check it out just to make sure it is actually closed, as you said it is only 3 miles away, as Lisa's office supposed to be closed but she still had her interview.

Congratulations lisa6!!

Unfortunately my interview did not take place today, local FO was closed. I had seen the Newark, NJ FO listed as closed on the USCIS website this morning but it is not there anymore. Great to hear you got it!! Now, if I could be so as fortunate...:)

Congrats Lisa!! How are you planning to celebrate?
Just had one question for you. Did you already file your 2010 taxes? I know the deadline is in April and my employer didn't send me the W2 as yet. They usually send it in early February and my interview is on the 8th.

I will probably cook dinner and invite my fiends over,once we get the card and of course - Caribbean, here I come baby:)))

I think it's OK if you did not get you form yet.
I usual get W2 at the end of January.

You have plenty of time until April. I don't think USCIS need 2010 taxes

That's what I did after I got the card. I got it on friday and we invited my familly over, my brother and my cousins with their wives. really happy day and moment in our lives :)
I will probably cook dinner and invite my fiends over,once we get the card and of course - Caribbean, here I come baby:)))

I think it's OK if you did not get you form yet.
I usual get W2 at the end of January.

You have plenty of time until April. I don't think USCIS need 2010 taxes