• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hello and congratulations to everyone who got GCs and goodluck who is waiting. Question: my teacher is translating my documents to English, can she do it or not? Because relatives cannot do it but if you know somebody can they do it? Somebody told him that he cannot translate for student and he is just a teacher he doesn't make money from translating but he is fluent un both languages. Q2: can it just be signed by him not notarized? Thank you
Yes, he may do the translations. He just needs to certify that he is fluent in both languages (see Certification statement on USCIS website) and you do not need to notarize them.

Your question makes me chuckle a little because it seems you might not be aware of the benefits of getting GC. Of course, you will need your GC and passport anytime you travel in and out of the United States. You'll no longer need F1, you can take that visa off your passport if you wish. And I don't know what you mean by 'permanent residents' gate.

Thank you, lucky2011
I'll enroll in selective service once I receive my card.
One more question: how do we enter US next time, after we become a permanent residents. My F1 visa is still on my passport. Should we bring our green card with us?
Enter 'permanent residents' gate? Thanks,

Probably he means if there is a separate check-in line for PRs at the port of entry. I think that is true but does not matter much...:)
Like Lucky said, you no longer require your F-1 Visa. You just need your valid passport and the Green card while entering US.

Your question makes me chuckle a little because it seems you might not be aware of the benefits of getting GC. Of course, you will need your GC and passport anytime you travel in and out of the United States. You'll no longer need F1, you can take that visa off your passport if you wish. And I don't know what you mean by 'permanent residents' gate.

Thanks feel and lucky2011. Honestly, i don't know too much about the benefit of my coming GC. Thanks,
Probably he means if there is a separate check-in line for PRs at the port of entry. I think that is true but does not matter much...:)
Like Lucky said, you no longer require your F-1 Visa. You just need your valid passport and the Green card while entering US.

Are you already in US now? Why don't you just apply by yourself? There are tons of info in this forum that you might find useful for your case.

Baobab and feel,

I was sure for that, I am just in the stage of selecting good attorney in Houston, he has been rejected from my list.

thank you guys

Congrats for the guys that were aproved yesterday, I imagine the relief. About the benefits of the GC, I know it makes me smile sometimes as well as people are so lucky to get it, but dont actually know what it brings with it. Well I wish them luck and let them discover the benefits the GC brings :)

Hi all,
We went to Salt Lake City, UT for our interview yesterday. We waited over there about 20 minutes then an officer called our names and told us that he could not interview with us because they have not received our KCC case files yet. The officer told me that they would re-request the files and send us new interview letters. Probably, it will take another 2 or 3 weeks (or maybe less) to get files and they will re-schedule us for another month.
Good luck for those who will have interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
The GC comes with obligations as well as rights. Remember it can be taken away from you for various reasons!

That kinda sucks, I'm sorry it happened to you. I cannot understand why they would schedule anyone before having their file in their possession. Anyway, good luck with your interview.

Hi all,

We went to Salt Lake City, UT for our interview yesterday. We waited over there about 20 minutes then an officer called our names and told us that he could not interview with us because they have not received our KCC case files yet.
I told him that I had called KCC and they told me that they sent them on Dec 29, 2010.

The officer also said that they requested the files in the mid of the December. Then I called KCC one more time and I was told the same thing that they sent the files on Dec 29, 2010.

The officer told me that they will call KCC and figure out what is going on and re-request the files and send us new interview letters.

Probably, it will take another 2 or 3 weeks (or maybe less) to get files and they will re-schedule us for another month.

Good luck for those who will have interview.

This is great work from capeolive (a senior on 2010 thread) which I found it very informative:

capeolive
Hi friends,

This is what I have gathered of FY 2010 Process:

FY 2010

DV AOS Processing Times

by Cut-Off Dates

NAME-----------------------------CUT-OFF----------CARD

cooldude (Jacksonville, FL)-----October-----------2.1 Months

hek121 (Baltimore, MD)--------October-----------2.2 Months

bluet41 (Baltimore, MD)--------October-----------2.6 Months

simpleman (Minnpls, MN)-------October-----------3.0 Months

agentsmith (Seattle, WA)------October-----------3.1 Months

vzla (Virginia Beach, VA)-------October-----------3.2 Months

june620 (New York, NY) -------October-----------3.3 Months

happy2010 (Lax, CA)----------October-----------4.0 Months

jlaw (San Francisco, CA)------October-----------4.2 Months

yaku (Miami, FL)--------------October-----------5.1 Months

shasha88 (Montana)----------October-----------8.3 Months

daima (Jacksonville, FL)-------November---------2.1 Months

iceman (Charleston, SC)------November---------5.1 Months

zapatos (New York, NY) ------November---------5.9 Months

i2009 (Philadelphia, PA)-------November---------7.5 Months

thomen (W. Palm Beach, FL)--December---------3.1 Months

marley (Chicago, IL)----------December---------3.1 Months

gagaun (Dallas, TX)----------December---------3.2 Months

cm1979 (Las Vegas, NV)-----December---------3.6 Months

ayataf (Philadelphia, PA)-----December---------3.9 Months

bentlebee (Tampa, FL)-------December--------4.1 Months

chivik (Jacksonville, FL)------December--------6.2 Months

sogdian (Washington DC)-----December-------7.5 Months

middle (Denver, CO)----------January---------2.1 Months

bianfid (Nebraska)------------January---------2.6 Months

ahad (Nashville, TN)----------January---------2.7 Months

gdh (Orlando, FL)------------January---------3.0 Months

antar45 (Dallas, TX)----------February--------2.6 Months

ewokra (Boston, MA)---------February--------4.5 Months

schneidi (San Diago, CA)-----February--------6.1 Months

jasmine182 (Houston, TX)----March----------2.9 Months

houselight (Boston, MA)------March----------3.3 Months

norkira (Detroit, MI)----------April-----------1.9 Months

nepal2010 (Dallas, TX)-------April------------2.5 Months

olsson (Phoenix, AZ)---------April------------3.1 Months

2010forme (Orange Cnty, CA)-April-----------3.3 Months

x2010x (Chicago, IL)---------April-----------3.7 Months

capeolive (Philadelphia, PA)--April------------4.2 Months

new one (New York, NY)-----May------------4.0 Months

teamworks (Washington, DC)-June-----------2.6 Months

latigrenoire (Charleston, SC)--June-----------4.2 Months

insaneanil (New Orleans, LA)--July-----------2.6 Months

leongsce (Lax, CA)-----------July-----------3.3 Months

shariifka (Miami, FL)----------July-----------4.2 Months

littlejohn (Boston, MA)-------August--------2.0 Months

zubi (New Orleans, LA)-------August--------2.0 Months

chooti (Pitsburgh, PA)--------August--------2.3 Months

zuno (Lax, CA)---------------August--------2.3 Months

winee10 (Colombus, OH)------August--------2.3 Months

summet (Houston, TX)--------August--------2.5 Months

damus (Baltimore, MD)--------September-----1.5 Months

mitondaw (NY/CA)------------September ----1.9 Months

frencfic (Miami, FL)----------September-----2.8 Months

Last edited by capeolive; 29th September 2010 at 11:26 PM.
2010EU00025XXX

under section 245 (i)

1 AOS in USA
3 CP in Turkey

05/20/09 1st NL
08/21/09 2nd NL
02/05/10 Cut-Off for April
02/08/10 AOS Pckg to Chicago
02/23/10 Checks are cashed AOS and 245 (i)
02/25/10 NOAs
03/10/10 Bio
04/21/10 Int Ltr
05/13/10 Interview
05/24/10 CPO
05/28/10 Welcome Ltr
06/15/10 PDA
06/18/10 Green Card
09/15/10 FTJ Interview in Ankara
09/18/10 Immigrant Visas rcvd in Istanbul

There is no deity except God...
Reply Reply With Quote

The officer told me that they will call KCC and figure out what is going on and re-request the files and send us new interview letters.

Probably, it will take another 2 or 3 weeks (or maybe less) to get files and they will re-schedule us for another month.
That is disappointing. There have been cases before when people had interviews before the file was sent from KCC, or even before the local FO requested the file. They still had the interview, only the decision had to be delayed. I hope you do not have to wait too long before you get your new interview letters.

This is great work from capeolive (a senior on 2010 thread) which I found it very informative:

It has been posted in this thread before. It is also linked from the first page. But it is useful for new people who did not go back to read the thread from the beginning.

Baobab,
When are you making an infopass or raising the SR? Why don't you go to the FO and make sure if everything is alright. It's been a while now.
Feel, believe me, I wish there was a way to light a fire under their posterior.

I guess that those that have the FO nearby do not see it this way, but for me going to an infopass is very impractical. Going to the FO means a 6 hour drive each way, and depending on the appointment time I would need to drive there the night before. On top of this, I am not completely confident that an infopass would bring an end to my waiting, especially if I am still within their "normal" processing time.
There are plenty of reports from people who went for an infopass and came back with no helpful answers. I am not rejecting the infopass completely, it would just be a later option.

Calling the USCIS customer service number is much easier, but it is something even less helpful as far as getting any useful information. They only tell you what you can also see online. I tried calling them 8-9 days ago, but they had no record of the fact that I have had my interview. Anyway, they told me that I have to wait for 30-60 days before I can open a service request.

This morning I tried calling them again, however I decided not to mention the interview. I only asked to open a service request because there were over 90 days since the acceptance notice (what they have in the system - Oct 27). That did not work either. The operator said that she could not determine if my application was outside the normal processing time because she could not see it in whatever other system they have.
Serenity now.

I had no option but to wait the extra week until I get to the magical 30 days after my interview. However, about 30 minutes later, while I was still pondering how I could jump through the phone line to strangle them, I received the SMS / email with the much awaited message. After 22 days it finally moved to CPO.
Serenity now, insanity later.

Congrats Baobab with the CPO, finally. wonder why it took so long. I am happy for you as I imagine how painful the wait was. Few more days and you should have the card in your hands.

Feel, believe me, I wish there was a way to light a fire under their posterior.

I guess that those that have the FO nearby do not see it this way, but for me going to an infopass is very impractical. Going to the FO means a 6 hour drive each way, and depending on the appointment time I would need to drive there the night before. On top of this, I am not completely confident that an infopass would bring an end to my waiting, especially if I am still within their "normal" processing time.
There are plenty of reports from people who went for an infopass and came back with no helpful answers. I am not rejecting the infopass completely, it would just be a later option.

Calling the USCIS customer service number is much easier, but it is something even less helpful as far as getting any useful information. They only tell you what you can also see online. I tried calling them 8-9 days ago, but they had no record of the fact that I have had my interview. Anyway, they told me that I have to wait for 30-60 days before I can open a service request.

This morning I tried calling them again, however I decided not to mention the interview. I only asked to open a service request because there were over 90 days since the acceptance notice (what they have in the system - Oct 27). That did not work either. The operator said that she could not determine if my application was outside the normal processing time because she could not see it in whatever other system they have.
Serenity now.

I had no option but to wait the extra week until I get to the magical 30 days after my interview. However, about 30 minutes later, while I was still pondering how I could jump through the phone line to strangle them, I received the SMS / email with the much awaited message. After 22 days it finally moved to CPO.
Serenity now, insanity later.

Hey guys: I have a question for you all those who already got their GC or have completed biometrics. In your case, did biometric trigger soft LUD on your case status or not? I am curious. Thanks for any information.

natta, feel, hmouse, thanks. It just a feeling of relief that the uncertainty is over.
Natta, as far as the reason for the delay, your guess is as good as mine.
The only thing I can tell is that the one DV2010 AOS case at the Memphis FO also got the CPO later, though he had to wait less than I. So I think there is something specific to this FO, but I do not know what that "something" is.