• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Could you add your signature?

Well my field office is in Houston Texas. Yes I know that is why I am a little bit worried because I dont know if that is 100% good!.. I hope that everything will be fine!... and I will update !.. PRAYY FOR MEEEE!! :confused:

yeah but you can send your package now if you want. You see your number in the advance notification right?
It is up to you though

I know people have done this, and I must say if I wasn't travelling for Christmas and again mid-January, I would probably have done it already :)

I'm curious, what's the worse that could happen? Them sending me the package back saying it's too early? But I could still resend it later right?

Guys let us fill up missing data on backup copy of the spreadsheet posted by Baobab. We need to make it as complete as possible so that it would help those who are current late in the FY 2011. I regret that our old copy of spreadsheet is not accessible to us.
Vezuha, you posted the original spreadsheet and I wonder if you still have access to it and can make it public.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tNhB2CVZoq1u42Zedti0PLw&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi asinthaf,

This topic of high case numbers also is one the frequently discussed topics. practically this sort of numbers will all become current at the end of the fiscal year, there are two issues with this matter:
1: available Visa numbers might be exhausted: This has been very uncommon but recently USCIS has decided to start with larger numbers to allow more time for more people to benefit from the opportunity before the FY ends. So you never know may be this year, the visa numbers actually finish before the end of the year.
2: there is a chance that high number cases never get the chance to complete the process before September 30th.

The common wisdom again is that usually CP process is faster since it only has one step. Also consulates are very well experienced with DV cases. (considering that about 40000 DV visas are issued outside the US and only about 4000 are yearly issued inside US.)
However, last year USCIS was pretty good in speeding up the DV process at the end of the year. See DV 2010 forum, cases as high as 25000 managed to get their GC.

The choice is yours. However, have all of your other immigration options open.
hope this helped

Thank you khayat for your detailed reply...I guess this means I'll have really a slim chancge getting the green card through DV lottery.
I'll have my other options open..thanks again.

If you decide you do AOS, remember to take advantage of early applying which is 1.5 months in advance to the month your number becomes current, or right when you can see you number in the advance notification published two month ahead.

Thank you khayat for your detailed reply...I guess this means I'll have really a slim chancge getting the green card through DV lottery.

Worst case is them sending back your application. and yes you can send it again. this happened few times before.

I know people have done this, and I must say if I wasn't travelling for Christmas and again mid-January, I would probably have done it already :)

I'm curious, what's the worse that could happen? Them sending me the package back saying it's too early? But I could still resend it later right?

Vezuha, you posted the original spreadsheet and I wonder if you still have access to it and can make it public.

Lurker2:
What do you mean by you were asked for Affidavit of Support in November ( reference--see the spreadsheet, comments/remarks column) ...Did you get a RFE? Let us know.

Hi asinthaf,

If I was you and had a high CN what I would do is CP, give my home address and travel to my home country ONLY when the interview is scheduled; which will probably be towards the end of the DV year anyway. Give you employer a heads up if necessary that you may need to take a week off work probably between May and September. You can get your home country police report through the embassy of your country - or check with the USCIS if the FBI name check can be performed for CP cases.
I'm not sure if this is a viable solution for you, but I have read of people on previous forums who switched from AOS to CP as late as August. So you might as well be proactive about it.

I received a Request for more Evidence in the first week of November. I did not include an affidavit of support my original package and the W2s I sent showed that I made very little money (I'm a full-time student). So they asked for an affidavit of support. My mother filled one out for me. It basically set me back a month based on the timeline from other New York applicants.

I've been reading this forum since May. It's weird that I'm finally posting here....

Anyways, it was amazing to receive that interview letter. Especially since I am an illegal immigrant. The DV lottery saved my life basically.

Well my field office is in Houston Texas. Yes I know that is why I am a little bit worried because I dont know if that is 100% good!.. I hope that everything will be fine!... and I will update !.. PRAYY FOR MEEEE!! :confused:

Having your case move fast is always good. It is normal to be nervous before the interview. Just bring all the documents you have, but show them only if asked. It is better to be over prepared. You may also try calling KCC before to see if your file has been transferred to the local FO.

I've been reading this forum since May. It's weird that I'm finally posting here....

Anyways, it was amazing to receive that interview letter. Especially since I am an illegal immigrant. The DV lottery saved my life basically.

Are you considered an illegal immigrant if you are grandfathered under 245i? It looks like you were working legally since you submitted W2s with your application.

I am curious: did you receive RFE for affidavit of support after or before you received the biometrics letter?

I received a Request for more Evidence in the first week of November. I did not include an affidavit of support my original package and the W2s I sent showed that I made very little money (I'm a full-time student). So they asked for an affidavit of support. My mother filled one out for me. It basically set me back a month based on the timeline from other New York applicants.

Would you mind sharing how much do you mean by that little amount of money? I am also a full-time student.

Are you considered an illegal immigrant if you are grandfathered under 245i? It looks like you were working legally since you submitted W2s with your application.

I was not working legally. I had a tax id number I used instead of a social security number. BUT, by paying that $1000 fine when filing under 245i (I paid the I-485 fee + biometrics fee + $1000 fine) the government forgives the applicant for working illegally.

I am curious: did you receive RFE for affidavit of support after or before you received the biometrics letter?

It was dated October 29th. I received my biometrics around October 15th. I was shocked when I received the letter because I thought everything was running smoothly. But I only lost a month since my interview is in mid-January.

Hey Queenslurker,
What is your status then? Are you under the 245(i)?
I think that if you're out of status your only way to do AOS is by using 245(i) (if you qualify for it of course)
Share your details please.