• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Khayat, congratulations on your card and the smooth journey you had.
I hope it will bring positive changes to your life.

thank you man. It is such a relief and you will feel it soon too. Especially for me with F visa, which is a shaky visa, I am glad and grateful it went this smooth. I wish the same for you and all of my friends. Could not have done this without this forum and my friends here.

cheers

Khayat, congratulations on your card and the smooth journey you had.
I hope it will bring positive changes to your life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, congratulations KHAYAT and thank you for staying in this forum and for your help to other forum members.
I have two questions: 1) Does 4 months of I-485 processing counts from the date we submit I-485 form to Chicago Lockbox or it counts from the date when the local Field Office gets it from NBA or KCC and starts working on it? 4 months is the processing time that it takes for my FO to complete the I-485 case. I'm just trying to figure out when may I expect to have the Interview and hopefully the GC, as I had applied on September 30. So if it's 4 months counting from the date we submit I-485 application to Lockbox then hopefully by the end of January the case should be completed. Am I right? But if it counts from some other date, then ..... I'm still waiting for my Interview letters, although the biometrics were completed about a month and a half ago. I'm so frustrated.

2) as it was previously mentioned if there is one I/O in each local Field Office responsible for DV cases, then does it mean that he/she will be waiting for the bunch of applicants to be interviewed at the same day? This would be a disadvantage for those of us who should be interviewed at the FO where not many AoS DV cases would be done.

Thank You guys and please share your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guys for your valuable suggestions.
Finally, I received my biometrics notice today. The notice date on the letter is 12/3/2010 the day they told me that my letter was in mail but it was sent on 12/7/2010 from NBC (Probably ASC sent the notice to NBC on 3rd but NBC only mailed the letter on 7th). Anyway I am bit relieved now.

nice, seems like things are back on track for you. I hope you get the interview letter soon. :)

Thank you guys for your valuable suggestions.
Finally, I received my biometrics notice today. The notice date on the letter is 12/3/2010 the day they told me that my letter was in mail but it was sent on 12/7/2010 from NBC (Probably ASC sent the notice to NBC on 3rd but NBC only mailed the letter on 7th). Anyway I am bit relieved now.

Thank you edward,

The 4months processing rule usually does not apply to DVs, these are supposed to be expedited. It refers to Field office processing time. Check here for the most recent processing time: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

So if the time has passed, you can make an infopass and tell them so.

you second question was my guess solely based on observation. I don't think they wait for a bunch of application to pile up and start interview, I meant it seems like if they have few DV cases in hand, they tend to schedule them on the same day. Also remember that there are about 4000 DV AOS applicant inside the US and we only see maybe 50 of them here.

Good luck to you and thanks for your wishes again. I hope to get your letter soon. :)

Yes, congratulations KHAYAT and thank you for staying in this forum and for your help to other forum members.
I have two questions: 1) Does 4 months of I-485 processing counts from the date we submit I-485 form to Chicago Lockbox or it counts from the date when the local Field Office gets it from NBA or KCC and starts working on it? 4 months is the processing time that it takes for my FO to complete the I-485 case. I'm just trying to figure out when may I expect to have the Interview and hopefully the GC, as I had applied on September 30. So if it's 4 months counting from the date we submit I-485 application to Lockbox then hopefully by the end of January the case should be completed. Am I right? But if it counts from some other date, then ..... I'm still waiting for my Interview letters, although the biometrics were completed about a month and a half ago. I'm so frustrated.

2) as it was previously mentioned if there is one I/O in each local Field Office responsible for DV cases, then does it mean that he/she will be waiting for the bunch of applicants to be interviewed at the same day? This would be a disadvantage for those of us who should be interviewed at the FO where not many AoS DV cases would be done.

Thank You guys and please share your opinion.

Helloooo!! IMPORTANTTT!!

Well I need help is very important!!!
I received my biometrics appointment for 12/2 and everything was good!... Now I received today 12/10 another letter from Immigration that I really concerned about. I am not sure if its a appointment of interview they gave me an address a date and time, and the name of the officer that I need to see and the reason for appointment it says I485 application .... so it doesnt say anything about an interview..... they specified in the letter that I need to appear at this office to sign application for processing, with all my passports, travel permits and texas photo id. I need to bring all my transcripts to prove that I maintained the required course of study in the US at each entry. I need to bring a certified letter from the school official saying that I maintained my status.... Is that my interview appointmnet???,,,I dont think so!!!... but they accepted my package and I had my biometrics... Please I want to know what is going on??.... THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

hi all

I got my interview letter yesterday. I have a question, when it's asked to bring any original documents including birth certificate, how does the officer want to check my birth certificate which is in my native language with the filled out forms.

thanks

Hi,
This is the list of docs I'm sending next week. Anything missing?

Enclosures:

1. Form I-485: Application to adjust status
2. Personal check of $1,070 ($985 for Form I-485 filing fee and $85 for biometric fee), payable to “Department of Homeland Security”
3. Two passport-style photographs
4. Form G-325A: Biographic Information
5. Form I-693: Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Sealed Envelope)

Supporting Documents: (Evidence of Eligibility)
6. Diversity Visa 2011 Selectee Notification Letter from the Kentucky Consular center (KCC)
7. Letter from KCC acknowledging intent to apply for Adjustment of status
8. Copy of Receipt of Payment for DV Processing Fee from Department of State
9. Copy of relevant passport pages
9.1. Copy of passport photo page
9.2. Copy of passport expiration page
9.3. Copy of passport visa page, with admission (entry) stamp
10. Proof of maintaining valid USCIS status while in the U.S.
10.1. Copies of I-94 card (front and back) stapled in passport next to the visa page
10.2. Copies of all previous I-20 Forms - three in total
10.3. Copy of current Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Card
10.4. Copy of official transcript from University
10.5. Copy of official transcript from Junior College
11. Educational Degrees: (Evidence of Required Education Level)
11.1. Copy of High School Degree with Certified Translation
11.2. Copy of Associate of Science Diploma
11.3. Copy of Bachelor of Science Diploma
12. Copy of Birth Certificate with Certified Translation
13. Copy of Texas Driver License
14. Evidence of financial stability
14.1. Employment Verification Letter
14.2. Last four pay slips
14.3. Copy of current resume

hi all

I got my interview letter yesterday. I have a question, when it's asked to bring any original documents including birth certificate, how does the officer want to check my birth certificate which is in my native language with the filled out forms.

thanks

Congrats js7 for your interview letter. Is your interview at the San Antonio FO? or Houston? Can you please share the list of documents they ask you to bring at the interview? thanks.

Lucky, it looks good to me. Do not forget to add a cover letter on top of the package that mentions the application is for adjustment of status, original submission, that your eligibility is based on being a 2011 DV Lottery winner, and your CN.

Hi,
This is the list of docs I'm sending next week. Anything missing?

Enclosures:

1. Form I-485: Application to adjust status
2. Personal check of $1,070 ($985 for Form I-485 filing fee and $85 for biometric fee), payable to “Department of Homeland Security”
3. Two passport-style photographs
4. Form G-325A: Biographic Information
5. Form I-693: Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Sealed Envelope)

Supporting Documents: (Evidence of Eligibility)
6. Diversity Visa 2011 Selectee Notification Letter from the Kentucky Consular center (KCC)
7. Letter from KCC acknowledging intent to apply for Adjustment of status
8. Copy of Receipt of Payment for DV Processing Fee from Department of State
9. Copy of relevant passport pages
9.1. Copy of passport photo page
9.2. Copy of passport expiration page
9.3. Copy of passport visa page, with admission (entry) stamp
10. Proof of maintaining valid USCIS status while in the U.S.
10.1. Copies of I-94 card (front and back) stapled in passport next to the visa page
10.2. Copies of all previous I-20 Forms - three in total
10.3. Copy of current Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Card
10.4. Copy of official transcript from University
10.5. Copy of official transcript from Junior College
11. Educational Degrees: (Evidence of Required Education Level)
11.1. Copy of High School Degree with Certified Translation
11.2. Copy of Associate of Science Diploma
11.3. Copy of Bachelor of Science Diploma
12. Copy of Birth Certificate with Certified Translation
13. Copy of Texas Driver License
14. Evidence of financial stability
14.1. Employment Verification Letter
14.2. Last four pay slips
14.3. Copy of current resume

It is the interview letter. Congratulations.
Please add your full timeline in your signature, or add your information in the online spreadsheet.

Helloooo!! IMPORTANTTT!!

Well I need help is very important!!!
I received my biometrics appointment for 12/2 and everything was good!... Now I received today 12/10 another letter from Immigration that I really concerned about. I am not sure if its a appointment of interview they gave me an address a date and time, and the name of the officer that I need to see and the reason for appointment it says I485 application .... so it doesnt say anything about an interview..... they specified in the letter that I need to appear at this office to sign application for processing, with all my passports, travel permits and texas photo id. I need to bring all my transcripts to prove that I maintained the required course of study in the US at each entry. I need to bring a certified letter from the school official saying that I maintained my status.... Is that my interview appointmnet???,,,I dont think so!!!... but they accepted my package and I had my biometrics... Please I want to know what is going on??.... THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Baobab Thank you so much!.. I hope that everything will go good!... I am willing to finish the process as soon as possible!!..
Do I need to take my oriiginal birth certificate and the translation of it?.. or just my original certificate is enough??

CN: 2011 SA00000xxx
05/03 Received NL
05/04 Sent DSP-122 back to KCC
06/28 Received NL2
07/17 Sent DV fee
07/18 Medicals done
07/23 Receipt Received
10/28 AOS in Chicago
11/02 Received NOA
11/02 Biometrics letter for 12/02
12/02 Biometrics Done
12/11 Interview letter for 12/21

I'm all of sudden unable to access the online spreadsheet. Looks like somebody made it "private" and now requires invitation. Why? I frankly prefer it to remain "public to anyone".

Baobab Thank you so much!.. I hope that everything will go good!... I am willing to finish the process as soon as possible!!..
Do I need to take my oriiginal birth certificate and the translation of it?.. or just my original certificate is enough??

Willowher, you will need to bring "ALL ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS" with you to the interview. You should have already sent a copy of the translation sent with your AOS package but it deos not hurt to have it with you at the interview. All the best.

hi all

thanks

You have to translate it with certified translator from your native language to english and notarize it.

You need to bring the originals of all the documents that you included in your package (hopefully you sent copies to Chicago). You should have translations of all the documents that are not in English (birth certificate and high school diploma are likely candidates).

Willowher, do you mind revealing your field office? Your case moved very fast.

I'm all of sudden unable to access the online spreadsheet. Looks like somebody made it "private" and now requires invitation. Why? I frankly prefer it to remain "public to anyone".

You are right. And I've just checked the website like half an hour before your post.
If whoever did this does not make it public, I will upload a new public spreadsheet tomorrow. I maintained a spreadsheet locally as well.