• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

You have to translate it with certified translator from your native language to english and notarize it.

You do not need to notarize it. According to the official instructions:

• Please submit certified translations for all foreign language documents. The translator must certify that s/he is competent to translate and that the translation is accurate.

The certification format should include the certifier's name, signature, address, and date of certification. A suggested format is:

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________
    Date Typed Name
    Address
  • USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.

At the discretion of the officer, original documents may still be required in individual cases. Please be advised that USCIS no longer returns original documents submitted with the exception of Certificates of Naturalization, Forms I-551, Permanent Resident Card, Forms I-94, Arrival/Departure Document, valid passports, or those specifically requested by the officer. Such documents will be returned when they are no longer needed.

@ luchy2011

thanks. it's at San Antonio. just originals of all documents that have been sent plus passport and immigration documents. there was no attached letter for extra documents.

why would somebody do this, Thanks Baobab for having a backup. This file needs to be public.

You are right. And I've just checked the website like half an hour before your post.
If whoever did this does not make it public, I will upload a new public spreadsheet tomorrow. I maintained a spreadsheet locally as well.

Hey Js7,
Congratulations for getting the interview letter.

@ luchy2011

thanks. it's at San Antonio. just originals of all documents that have been sent plus passport and immigration documents. there was no attached letter for extra documents.

Adding the last W2s and Tax returns would not hurt either. Also don't forget to clip the e-notofication request to the fron page right after your cover letter. Tabs go to the buttom of the documents and no staple.

All set, good luck. Just make sure all the info in your resume is the same as your forms data.

Hi,
This is the list of docs I'm sending next week. Anything missing?

Enclosures:

1. Form I-485: Application to adjust status
2. Personal check of $1,070 ($985 for Form I-485 filing fee and $85 for biometric fee), payable to “Department of Homeland Security”
3. Two passport-style photographs
4. Form G-325A: Biographic Information
5. Form I-693: Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Sealed Envelope)

Supporting Documents: (Evidence of Eligibility)
6. Diversity Visa 2011 Selectee Notification Letter from the Kentucky Consular center (KCC)
7. Letter from KCC acknowledging intent to apply for Adjustment of status
8. Copy of Receipt of Payment for DV Processing Fee from Department of State
9. Copy of relevant passport pages
9.1. Copy of passport photo page
9.2. Copy of passport expiration page
9.3. Copy of passport visa page, with admission (entry) stamp
10. Proof of maintaining valid USCIS status while in the U.S.
10.1. Copies of I-94 card (front and back) stapled in passport next to the visa page
10.2. Copies of all previous I-20 Forms - three in total
10.3. Copy of current Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Card
10.4. Copy of official transcript from University
10.5. Copy of official transcript from Junior College
11. Educational Degrees: (Evidence of Required Education Level)
11.1. Copy of High School Degree with Certified Translation
11.2. Copy of Associate of Science Diploma
11.3. Copy of Bachelor of Science Diploma
12. Copy of Birth Certificate with Certified Translation
13. Copy of Texas Driver License
14. Evidence of financial stability
14.1. Employment Verification Letter
14.2. Last four pay slips
14.3. Copy of current resume

Adding the last W2s and Tax returns would not hurt either. Also don't forget to clip the e-notofication request to the fron page right after your cover letter. Tabs go to the buttom of the documents and no staple.

All set, good luck. Just make sure all the info in your resume is the same as your forms data.

Thanks khayat. But are paper tabs really necessary? I don't feel like using it. I suppose the majority of people here also did not use them and were just fine, right?

New online spreadsheet

I created a new online spreadsheet based on my local data.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...lpvcTF1NDJaZWR0aTBQTHc&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN

It is not an exact copy of the old spreadsheet because I maintained it manually.
In a way it has more data than the old one (info from the forum that never made it in the old spreadsheet).

It is missing a few columns which were not interesting for me (visa type, welcome letter, pda), but it has separate columns for ASC and FO because they may be different. The info for ASC may not be accurate because not many people posted it in the forum. In that case it is populated with the FO info.

I also added a script so rows are automatically colored based on the date of the interview and the content of the CPO column.

CPO means the approval date to me, not the online status change, so Antin and Tuscany have CPOs with the date written on their welcome letters.

Lucky,

You do have the assembling guideline right?

"The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.:

It is sort of recommended and makes it easier for them for find what they need among a boat load of supporting documents we send.

I used myself. It is easy, use one of these there are like a buck or something at all grocery stores.

Thanks khayat. But are paper tabs really necessary? I don't feel like using it. I suppose the majority of people here also did not use them and were just fine, right?

Thank you Baobab,

I am glad to see Izzy has a CPO on the 3rd. Hope it is real cause I don't see a green card date there. I am happy for her, she helped the forum a lot.

I created a new online spreadsheet based on my local data.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...lpvcTF1NDJaZWR0aTBQTHc&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN

It is not an exact copy of the old spreadsheet because I maintained it manually.
In a way it has more data than the old one (info from the forum that never made it in the old spreadsheet).

It is missing a few columns which were not interesting for me (visa type, welcome letter, pda), but it has separate columns for ASC and FO because they may be different. The info for ASC may not be accurate because not many people posted it in the forum. In that case it is populated with the FO info.

I also added a script so rows are automatically colored based on the date of the interview and the content of the CPO column.

CPO means the approval date to me, not the online status change, so Antin and Tuscany have CPOs with the date written on their welcome letters.

I don't know my case number. Probably my NL is lost somewhere. As I know, "return service requested" is written on the NL envelop. Therefore, NL is supposed to return back to KCC, if undeliverable. Does anybody know, is there any way to track whether my NL is returned back to KCC?

Well, the script uses the column indices of the various info of interest. If columns are reordered, or new columns are added, it will confuse it.
I am not against adding additional information. Just try not to delete any existing users or columns. Only fixes.

Do not get worried if colors change when you do an unrelated change. I will fix the column indices once the spreadsheet structure is stabilized.

Did you call/email KCC? Wait for the 2NL to arrive otherwise. It might take up to 2-3 months after you send DSP-122. Once you get your CN send the AOS fees payment ( $440 per person) to DOS. You can get the fee payment form online.

I don't know my case number. Probably my NL is lost somewhere. As I know, "return service requested" is written on the NL envelop. Therefore, NL is supposed to return back to KCC, if undeliverable. Does anybody know, is there any way to track whether my NL is returned back to KCC?

Khayat:
I added the info for Izzy. She had told me her CPO was on 3rd Dec. without interview. I thought you guys should know.

Thank you Baobab,

I am glad to see Izzy has a CPO on the 3rd. Hope it is real cause I don't see a green card date there. I am happy for her, she helped the forum a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I have added visa status column, hope Baobab would not mind!! Thanks Baobab for the backup copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to bring the originals of all the documents that you included in your package (hopefully you sent copies to Chicago). You should have translations of all the documents that are not in English (birth certificate and high school diploma are likely candidates).

Willowher, do you mind revealing your field office? Your case moved very fast.

Well my field office is in Houston Texas. Yes I know that is why I am a little bit worried because I dont know if that is 100% good!.. I hope that everything will be fine!... and I will update !.. PRAYY FOR MEEEE!! :confused:

I called them last friday. They are not interested to give any information about my case :-(

Did you call/email KCC? Wait for the 2NL to arrive otherwise. It might take up to 2-3 months after you send DSP-122. Once you get your CN send the AOS fees payment ( $440 per person) to DOS. You can get the fee payment form online.

I think you should wait for the 2NL in mail. Did you provide your updated address at #3 on DSP-122 form? Once you get it, you will have your CN and make the payment to DOS.
Good luck!

I called them last friday. They are not interested to give any information about my case :-(