• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

2 questions

1. What is the deal with the infopass? At what stage will I have to use it to schedule my own appt?
  2. Can anyone tell me if the I-131 Advance Parole document is processed prior to receipt of biometrics results by the LFO?
    Thanks all

1. What is the deal with the infopass? At what stage will I have to use it to schedule my own appt?
  2. Can anyone tell me if the I-131 Advance Parole document is processed prior to receipt of biometrics results by the LFO?
    Thanks all

1. To answer your first question:

1. INFOPASS helps after you received your interview appointment notice and you want to go to your LFO to make sure that the file is already there (you may also choose to call the 1800 number on your NOA if the LFO is a far drive, they can check for it as well)
    INFOPASS is basically an appointment that you can make after you've already received your NOA, whether it's to check if your file arrived at the LFO, or why your biometrics or interview letter haven't arrived after 30 days of NOA receipt, or even to get your passport stamped if you have been approved AFTER your interview and need to leave the country, or if you get a nice officer, maybe you can even reschedule your biometrics date.

2. I'm not sure about this one... but after reading through the dv 2010 thread, it seems that no one got their AP before the biometrics... Correct me if I'm wrong..

Hey Onebowloflaksha: Did your online status change to PDA(which would mean card being mailed out to you)? Let us know.

Dear all

if one does not want to leave US, is it still necessary to stamp the passport? what's written on the stamp and what page of the passport is stamped? In general is it a good idea to ask the officer to stamp the passport anyway?

thanks

Hey Onebowloflaksha: Did your online status change to PDA(which would mean card being mailed out to you)? Let us know.

I don't know what PDA is... but yes my I-485 process status has changed to 'Document/Card Production Ordered'... details on p76.. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear all

if one does not want to leave US, is it still necessary to stamp the passport? what's written on the stamp and what page of the passport is stamped? In general is it a good idea to ask the officer to stamp the passport anyway?

thanks

If you don't plan to leave then just wait for the GC to arrive (which is what I'm doing). It's just a temporarily stamp (on any blank page in your passport) that usually expires within 1 year and allows you to leave and re-enter as PR before you get the GC in the mail.

It's a super simple looking stamp that looks like this http://www.usadutch.com/images/i-551.jpg

I think "Card/Document Production" is the actual stage when the GC is mailed out. I believe "Post Decision Activity" doesn't necessarily mean the GC is mailed out, for instance there was one member last year whose status changed to this stage after the interview but was later requested for an additional supporting document and had his/her green card approval delayed for a couple of months.

That is not quite right. You get a CPO when they approve your case and your GC is ordered.
Then you may get a second CPO notification, which I am not so clear on what it means.
Finally, you will get a PDA status change when they ship the card to you. This is the last step.

These were the steps last year. Soon enough you may confirm if you get the same notifications.

1. Can anyone tell me if the I-131 Advance Parole document is processed prior to receipt of biometrics results by the LFO?
    Thanks all

1. USCIS does not need you fingerprint results for the AP, so it may be processed before your biometrics are done. However, since biometric notifications come so fast, more often than not you receive your AP after your biometrics.

That is not quite right. You get a CPO when they approve your case and your GC is ordered.
Then you may get a second CPO notification, which I am not so clear on what it means.
Finally, you will get a PDA status change when they ship the card to you. This is the last step.

These were the steps last year. Soon enough you may confirm if you get the same notifications.

yes baobab , you are right.
next thing to look out for is the welcome letter. which should arrive in about a week.
then when it moves to pda, the card should be on it's way.

Really? Thanks for the information, will keep an eye for any changes in the status. Because most of the signatures for last year's DV winner ended with CPO, I naturally thought that would be the last step in the process

wait! I think PDA is the step right after decision where if you get approved your case will move to CPO or if denied the further steps of reopening or other stuff might happen. The circle of PDA is before CPO (on the case status page) and like onebowloflaska says CPO is the last step in most signutures. Why would you get a PDA after your card is ordered? Am I missing something?

I do not know why the website's status circles are designed that way at uscis.gov, but after CPO your status will move back to PDA once the card is mailed out. Nonetheless CPO is what we all want, that's official APRROVAL by the IO and you are gonna get the card within 1-2 weeks or even days!!

wait! I think PDA is the step right after decision where if you get approved your case will move to CPO or if denied the further steps of reopening or other stuff might happen. The circle of PDA is before CPO (on the case status page) and like onebowloflaska says CPO is the last step in most signutures. Why would you get a PDA after your card is ordered? Am I missing something?

Hi to all! finally is published...very disappointed in my case for Europe :( which is only up to 15400...This means, same situation of 2008, so in a realistic scenarios I should wait till may to be current...
I hope a surprise for February numbers and good luck to everyone who are in the same situation like me..:)

2011EUXX21XXX
05/06 - Selection letter received*
08/13 - DS122 and 230 forms sent to KCC
10/21 - AOS Anknowledge Letter from KCC received
11/05 - AOS Fee sent to US DOS