• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

I have a question about AOS fees. A while back I read in this forum that the I-485 fees are increasing. Does anyone know when this will happen and how much are the new fees? I will probably be due in Jan and I am planning to send my application this month. Does this fee increase concerns me or applicants that are due later?

Effective November 23rd, the fee will increase 60$ (55+5).
see the link below

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

I have a question about AOS fees. A while back I read in this forum that the I-485 fees are increasing. Does anyone know when this will happen and how much are the new fees? I will probably be due in Jan and I am planning to send my application this month. Does this fee increase concerns me or applicants that are due later?

Effective date for the new fee is November 23rd. My understanding that if you submit your application anytime before November 23 (meaning your application is postmarked before November 23) then you pay $1010 (930 for I-485 +80 for biometrics). In case if application was filed before November 23rd and for some reason was returned (say some forms were not complete or improperly filled out) then if you resend application after November 23 you have to pay $1070 (985+85).
If anyone knows differently please suggest.

Cool! Thanks a lot Sundaram! It would be great if we could add the place (I mean the state) we are applying from. I am in NY, Got NOA on 25th October, yet not received any Bio notice :( wondering is it because I'm in NY where things expected late! Anyone from NY got bio notice??

Guys I have compiled the following information about the current timeline. Let me know if you have any updates...
https://sites.google.com/site/diversityvisaaostimeline/

Guys I have compiled the following information about the current timeline. Let me know if you have any updates...
https://sites.google.com/site/diversityvisaaostimeline/

It's funny, I've been working on smth similar =) I guess that is common habit of ppl waiting for the card haha
This one you can edit, input any missing data and download if you want to, here it is

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AiIES8k5SLbQdE9RLWxpX1pDa1FneS16cUs4ODFZSUE&hl=en

To edit a cell that already has content, follow these steps:
Choose one of the options below to place the cursor in the cell:
Double-click the cell.
Click the cell and press Enter.
Click the cell and press F2.
Edit the cell's content.
Otherwise use it as regular Excel.

I send DSP-122 and DS-230 to KCC at the end of october 2010 but i still didnt get a second notification letter anyone gt any idea hw long it myt take nd if they myt say tht visas myt nt b available? plz rply tc

Hey mary23, you can also check the timelines of the posters on this forum to see how long it takes on average for things to happen. By the way, there is no character limit here, so you can use full sentences in your postings. Best!

Good luck on your interview tommorow, I wish you an easy interview and to be aproved on the spot, come back with good news for everyone :)
P.S. What time is your interview ?

Hi Everyone,

I updated the location of those whose location were not update on the Google docs spreadsheet. Now if Khayat, Chenttittayil, psl2r, armanio, goodfellas, parviz, and others who are not on the list don't mind updating as well that would be great! =)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AiIES8k5SLbQdE9RLWxpX1pDa1FneS16cUs4ODFZSUE&hl=en#gid=0

Hi all,
We are done with our biometrics. The staff was very helpful and asked us to wait for the mail.
Couple of questions -

1) I was wondering if anybody can give me more info on the LUD everybody is talking about? I have been searching the forums for more information on how to access my LUD online?
Are you guys talking about the egov uscis site /dashboard/casestatus?

2) Also, we (spouse & I) are both on H-1s, working. And so we didn't apply for an EAD/USI-765. Is that ok? Should we apply for one anyway? What's everybody's thoughts? What's everybody doing?

I guess that's more than a couple of questions :)
Thanks & all the best to everybody waiting for info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, I checked my status on line,but still no info.Wondering how long it takes after you receive NOA?
Should I call USCIS? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi Chenthitayil,

LUD (Last Update Date) is the last date mentioned in your case status description that comes up when you check your status online. It refers to the last time that your case was worked on.
"Soft LUD" is just a change in the date with no change in the actual status.

Applying for EAD is optional for DV cases since it is usually expedited and before you need it, your GC should arrive. Some people get it and some don't. For you it is probably not necessary. Applying for it does not have any effect on your I-485 application since EAD is processed at NBC and I-485 will be processed at your local office.
Hi all,
We are done with our biometrics. The staff was very helpful and asked us to wait for the mail.
Couple of questions -

1) I was wondering if anybody can give me more info on the LUD everybody is talking about? I have been searching the forums for more information on how to access my LUD online?

2) Also, we (spouse & I) are both on H-1s, working. And so we didn't apply for an EAD/USI-765. Is that ok? Should we apply for one anyway? What's everybody's thoughts? What's everybody doing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
Couple of questions -

<b>Create an account at uscis.gov with your receipt number, and there you would be able to see Last Update Date(LUD)</b>

<b>You probably won't need it. Most likely, both of you will get your GC within 2-3 months anyways.</b>