• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Yes the information requested is very private and I really don't want to ask even the relatives I have in the US for an affidavit of support unless really necessary (I am currently on an H-1B status and employed).

I've been on H1-B for awhile now as well and make more than enough with a good amount of savings. Basically, anyone that is a citizen or PR can sign that affidavit, it's just a formality IMO. I've copied what my attorney sent me below:

Re the Affidavit of Support, the affiant can be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident. The affiant does not have to be a family member. If the affiant earns an income higher than the poverty guideline (for 2010, family of two poverty level is $14,570/year), then the affiant does not need to rely on assets (i.e., bank statements). He can obtain an employment verification letter that includes the date and nature of employment, salary paid, and whether the position is temporary or permanent.

It's really up to you, you can choose not to do it but if the officer ask for it during your interview then your approval might be delayed.

Hi everyone,I ve got my NoA today,but when i check the receipt number on line,there is no information.I don't know why?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,i have simple question,how can post my info like when i receive,send and so on,on my post,like everyone.I am first time in such Forums.
Thanks

Hi Msodiqus7,

Welcome to the forum. You can set and change your signature, in the User Control Panel. Click on 'Edit Signature' under the 'Settings and Options' area of the navigation bar within the User CP.

And regarding your question of checking your case online, sometimes it takes couple of days to see online even you received NOA. Just give it few more days. Hope this helps.

Hi guys,i have simple question,how can post my info like when i receive,send and so on,on my post,like everyone.I am first time in such Forums.
Thanks

I send DSP-122 and DS-230 to KCC at the end of october 2010 but i still didnt get a second notification letter anyone gt any idea hw long it myt take nd if they myt say tht visas myt nt b available? plz rply tc

Hi guys,
Thanks to all of you, I've learnt a lot from you and from this Forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: Yay, I received my biometrics appointment as well.
Sundaram, yours should not be that far behind.

I send DSP-122 and DS-230 to KCC at the end of october 2010 but i still didnt get a second notification letter anyone gt any idea hw long it myt take nd if they myt say tht visas myt nt b available? plz rply tc

Welcome to the forum. Can you please add your signature (approximate case number and AOS timeline) so we can assist you better. You can set and change your signature, in the User Control Panel. Click on 'Edit Signature' under the 'Settings and Options' in your profile page.

It can take up from 2 weeks to 2 months for KCC to issue the second letter to you. You might want to call them personally to have an estimate. However, the 2nd NL is just a confirmation that you would do AOS over consular processing. You don't need to include it in your AOS package to Chicago.

Welcome to the forum.
It varies. It took two months for me. Others received it faster. Also, it looks like if you send the DV fee to DOS, you tend to get the second NL faster.
There is no danger of running out of visas at this point.
Moreover, you do not need to wait for NL2 before you can submit your AOS package to Chicago. What is your case number? Please, add your signature with your timeline when you get a chance.

Khayat and Sundaram, thanks.

Wow that's great news, Congratulations. Hopefully mine is on the way.
I see your FO is Baltimore, which is a busier office than mine. Still, I hope that they scheduled a slot for you already.
I think Antin is in Baltimore as well. Antin, did you get your biometrics notice yet?