• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Guys, I have filed my case Oct 1st, it was accepted Oct 7th, but I still haven't received the biometrics invitation. On the USCIS web site (app status page) I don't see any changes in my case, except of it was reviewed Oct 21st. Do you have any ideas when the invitation may come? Will it be reflected on the web site? Thanks!

I do not know if you have received the NOA of acceptance or not. but if yes at Oct 21 they might have issued the NOA for Biometrics. I'm guessing that as the LUD on my account is the date of the issuance of NOA for biometrics.

Who else are waiting for Visa Bulletin this month for January ( Advance Notification)? Just wondering...:)

I am. Still havent received back the medicals form. I should be getting it tomorrow (after postponing the process for like two months :))
As it's highly improbable to see numbers jump from 11600 to 16600 in one month, i should be applying on December 10 (slight chance of being current in Feb) or more likely January 10.

I do not know if you have received the NOA of acceptance or not. but if yes at Oct 21 they might have issued the NOA for Biometrics. I'm guessing that as the LUD on my account is the date of the issuance of NOA for biometrics.

Thank you, js7 for your response! Yes, I got the receipts, but still no invitation for biometrics. I've decided to call to USCIS today, but they didn't say anything helpful :(. As I understand the USCIS support team can see the same status page as me, maybe with little more info, that's it... If the biometrics letter has been sent Oct 21, I should have received it by today, but I haven't. And maybe I've already missed my biometrics, not sure what should I do now. Please advice! :)

I have not seen this reported before, I mean in the 2010 thread.
Can that be the date when your case was added to the online system, or when you created your online account perhaps?

Mine has the date when I could finally check my case online, which is also the date when I created my online account. Maybe that is also the date when they send the biometrics notice, but I cannot confirm it at this time.

Thank you, js7 for your response! Yes, I got the receipts, but still no invitation for biometrics. I've decided to call to USCIS today, but they didn't say anything helpful :(. As I understand the USCIS support team can see the same status page as me, maybe with little more info, that's it... If the biometrics letter has been sent Oct 21, I should have received it by today, but I haven't. And maybe I've already missed my biometrics, not sure what should I do now. Please advice! :)

Mine LUD online shows as 10/20 but my biometrics appointment was sent out on 10/27 so I don't think it's necessarily sent on Oct 21. Although there might NOT be a relation (OR maybe it was just luck), I realized that the biometrics appointment was sent out the same day that I called KCC and USCIS both to find out whether a biometrics appointment has been scheduled for me, maybe you can call and see what happens.

Guys, I have filed my case Oct 1st, it was accepted Oct 7th, but I still haven't received the biometrics invitation. On the USCIS web site (app status page) I don't see any changes in my case, except of it was reviewed Oct 21st. Do you have any ideas when the invitation may come? Will it be reflected on the web site? Thanks!

By the way, you should list your AOS timeline in your signature so that everyone can better assist you.

Guys, thank you so much! It's really nice to have so many people who does care :)
I've already scheduled an infopass appointment, but the closest day is Nov 18 at the Dallas office (late, if they sent biomx notification Oct 21), so I'll follow your recommendations and give USCIS a call tomorrow morning again. Hopefully tomorrow I will speak with more competent person.
Baobab, I've created my account when I got the receipts and the case number (10/11), so at 10/21 something else has happened, not sure what exactly - they don't provide any details :) I've subscribed to receive notifications on status change, but as I see (read this forum) they don't send any for biometrics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check or money order

Hi Everyone,

I know it has been discussed here before but I cant find that discussion.
What are the advantage of sending a money for AOS? I know for check you can check when it was clear but is anything advantageous of a money order over a check? If I remember is it that with a money order the case is accepted a few days earlier???

Thanks

mzuri,

With personal check you would be able to check when it is cashed out, and with money order it is usually faster may be a matter of 1 or 2 days(but you can't check if it is cashed out).

Hi Everyone,

I know it has been discussed here before but I cant find that discussion.
What are the advantage of sending a money for AOS? I know for check you can check when it was clear but is anything advantageous of a money order over a check? If I remember is it that with a money order the case is accepted a few days earlier???

Thanks

Hey Tuscany,

Hope you are doing well. Have you received any notice for biometrics yet? or have you tried to call USCIS about it. Just wondering.....

Just spoke with my attorney (really nice and kind lady), she said the Dallas ASC is overcrowded, and she has at least couple of dozens more people who expects to get biomx appointments. They also expect to get a copy of my biometrics invitation... So probably I should calm down and stop panicking :) Thank you all guys for your help and support and have a good luck!
If somebody else has similar problem at Dallas ASC - please let me know.

mzuri,

With personal check you would be able to check when it is cashed out, and with money order it is usually faster may be a matter of 1 or 2 days(but you can't check if it is cashed out).

i agree, most people prefer using checks, it puts your mind at rest that the check has been cashed, at least.

Hey Tuscany,

Hope you are doing well. Have you received any notice for biometrics yet? or have you tried to call USCIS about it. Just wondering.....

Sundaram,

I have called both KCC & USCIS, the information is that from the date the NOA is issued, or acted on, in my case its October 8, USCIS have one month to send out the Biometrics notice, if not, the applicant can call to escalate the pending case to receive prompt attention and action. I will therefore wait till November 8, if i don't get the biometrics notice by then i will call USCIS to find out what's going on. I know without a doubt that the reason for the delay is bacause of the processing congestion at Baltimore field office. My advice to people with Baltimore as their field office is to be VERY VERY PATIENT!!! Feild offices with fewer cases or larger workforce will get the AOS cases processed faster, at the end, the routes might be different but the destination is the same. Thanks for asking though. My doctor diagnosed my AOS condition and prescribed a medicine called "Chill-Pill" it works and its free, we all need it while hoping for the best.

== Address Change ==

I have not yet submitted my AOS package. I have got a job in Manhattan and planning to move close to my office. Can someone tell me is it a good idea to change address now or should I wait till the process gets completed. My CN is high and I am expecting to become current on May, 2011.

Note that right now my FO is Mount Lauren, NJ which is not crowded at all (compare to NYC FO).

Thanks

Checking on the status of a money order/cashier check

mzuri,

Actually you can check whether the cashier check/money order has been cashed (if it's from a bank) by keeping the top part of the cashier check as a receipt and then going to the bank where you got it from to check if it's been cashed. CHASE Bank was able to do this for me.

You have not submitted you I-485 yet, so you don't have any 'pending' applications with the USCIS. It's ok to move, but update the AR-11 online. If at all possible it's best to try and not change your address after you submit your I-485 unless really necessary, it also looks like the NYC field offices are well staffed, so I don't think you'll have any major delays because of that; unless someone else knows differently.

== Address Change ==

I have not yet submitted my AOS package. I have got a job in Manhattan and planning to move close to my office. Can someone tell me is it a good idea to change address now or should I wait till the process gets completed. My CN is high and I am expecting to become current on May, 2011.

Note that right now my FO is Mount Lauren, NJ which is not crowded at all (compare to NYC FO).

Thanks

Biometrics update

Update: Thanks to Izzy, I called the FBI today and found out that my fingerprint/name check has been cleared and returned to USCIS yesterday. I guess the name check can be cleared as quickly as the same day that you go in for your biometrics.

Also, a note to others, I had to call twice because the first time I forgot to tell the lady that it was for a green card and she asked for my SSN, but didn't give me any definite answer and told me to contact my local office if I needed info. The second time, I told the operator that it was for a green card and she asked for my A number and then gave me a really clear answer - when it was received, when it was returned and that it cleared.

I went online to check again for LUD and it now shows as 11/4.

Today Is a week since we did our biometrics, and still no interview letter or status change online for any of the forms yet. :(

Today Is a week since we did our biometrics, and still no interview letter or status change online for any of the forms yet. :(

Natta,

Don't be too concerned. My LUD was changed after I called USCIS and the guy accessed my file number, before that it remained the same too. Also, maybe it would help to make an INFOPASS appointment and inquire about your file and when to expect an interview? That's if you stay close by to the office since it doesn't hurt to try.