• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hey natta. How do you know that your file was requested the same day by your FO? Didi you see an update online?

hi Lisa6, I saw that u did walk-in biometrics in Elizabeth-nj. The walk-in there are on Tuesday or Wednesdays? I might do the same as you when my # is current.. Thanks in advance!

As onebowloflaksasaid, you can only do if when you have bio appointment scheduled, not when your number is current.

It's not confirmed that Wednesday is a walk-in day. They accepted me on Tuesday. I guess it depends on how busy they are. At 3pm my office was empty.

Hey Antin, I called KCC the next day and asked if my file was transfered and they said it was, the same day we had the biometrics.

Hey natta. How do you know that your file was requested the same day by your FO? Didi you see an update online?

Thanks for the response guys. Pehaps I did not phrase my question in a good way. But I am aware that only when I ve the biometric appt I can choose to do the walk in ... I was just asking Lisa6 because I remembered she mentioning about walking on wed. but she went on a tuesday.. I was a bit curious about that. I ve a bit more waittiing to do before I get to this point ;)

Will doing a walk-in for the biometrics speed things up I wonder? When I checked on certain blogs it says you have to give a valid reason for having to take it earlier.

The status is still Acceptance.

I did bio about an hour ago. I think it's too soon for the status update.

Who else are waiting for Visa Bulletin this month for January ( Advance Notification)? Just wondering...:)

this is a good question,
If you look at last year's and the years before forum, getting interview letter which is sort of the end point of the waiting game, happens usually independently from biometric depending on the local office and IO. The fact is that interview session is always "scheduled" after biometric.

For cases that are current at the end of year, walk in biometric might be crucial but for early year it is more or less optional.
Just remember if you want to do it, have a truthful and valid reason. making excused up not only might complicate your case, it will make it harder for fellas after us who actually need to do a walk in biometric.

Will doing a walk-in for the biometrics speed things up I wonder? When I checked on certain blogs it says you have to give a valid reason for having to take it earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a good question,
If you look at last year's and the years before forum, getting interview letter which is sort of the end point of the waiting game, happens usually independently from biometric depending on the local office and IO. The fact is that interview session is always "scheduled" after biometric.

For cases that are current at the end of year, walk in biometric might be crucial but for early year it is more or less optional.
Just remember if you want to do it, have a truthful and valid reason. making excused up not only might complicate your case, it will make it harder for fellas after us who actually need to do a walk in biometric.

I don't think people at ASC care about our reason at all. After I was asked for my reason, the lady called her colleague to check if they were not busy(office was completely empty) and that's all. She didn't write anywhere why I wanted to come 2 weeks early.

My app should be on 15th - supposedly the nearest available, but the practice showed that I was able to do it with no rush or lines on 3rd.

Its up to the security at the door to decided if they want to let you in.

Update: Did my biometrics today. I got super lucky yesterday when I scheduled an INFOPass appointment at my local field office (FO). The lady wasn't going to change my biometrics date at first, but because her boss praised her (I guess for something she did earlier) she was in a good mood and decided to call me back as I was about to leave (I was almost to the exit), she made a short phone call and changed my biometrics date to today 11/03. The oddest part was she simply scribbled over my original date on the letter and wrote the new date.

San Francisco ASC has the FRIENDLIEST government officials, they were really nice and they lady didn't really question me much (I had two biometrics appointment notices), I was in and out in 10 minutes and all I needed was my biometrics letters and my driver license.

By the way I just checked on-line, 3 hours after my biometrics and there's no Soft LUD, the dates are still the same. Maybe some get updated and some don't..

FYI:

Those wanting to know if their name check cleared:
1. Call FBI National Name Check Customer Service @ 304-625-5590.
2. Select option 2 (for individual), then option 2 (Name Check for Immigration Status), then it will give you brief internet details and then it will provide you with the option to repeat the options, go back to main menu or speak with a rep., select speak with a rep. and wait to be connected.
3. NOTE: THEY ARE NOT UNDER ANY OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE YOU WITH YOUR NAME CHECK STATUS, THEY WILL ONLY TELL YOU WHEN IT WAS RECEIVED FROM USCIS AND WHEN (IF) IT WAS RETURNED TO USCIS.
4. Be very polite, don't push if you can't get an answer and try another time. Give your name (as a courtesy) and say you want to check the status of your finger print. They will ask you when you submitted the request. Tell them that it is for Green Card. They will then ask you for your A# (the one on your NOAs). They will only tell you when it was received and when it was returned (possibly cleared as any issues with name check can take weeks/months before it is returned to USCIS with "No Record" result).

This info is only to help those who are curious to know if their name check cleared. Good Luck!

HI Izzy,

How long did you wait for before you called to check on your name check process?

Biometrics Question

Guys, I have filed my case Oct 1st, it was accepted Oct 7th, but I still haven't received the biometrics invitation. On the USCIS web site (app status page) I don't see any changes in my case, except of it was reviewed Oct 21st. Do you have any ideas when the invitation may come? Will it be reflected on the web site? Thanks!

So I called the FBI number from Izzy's post and they told me that my fingerprints were received on the 28th, completed the same day (as my appointement was 10 am) and returned back as well the same day. So now just the interview letters should come, hope soon enough.
P.S. Thanks again Izzy, helpful as always :)

So I called the FBI number from Izzy's post and they told me that my fingerprints were received on the 28th, completed the same day (as my appointement was 10 am) and returned back as well the same day. So now just the interview letters should come, hope soon enough.
P.S. Thanks again Izzy, helpful as always :)

Did your LUD changed accordingly to that event? (I called them too and they sad the same things as yours)

I did not create an account online, so dont really know if anything has changed, cause from what I check under my case status, no changes at all, still in acceptance.
P.S. Just checked the mail, no sign of any interview letters either :(

Did your LUD changed accordingly to that event?

I did not create an account online, so dont really know if anything has changed, cause from what I check under my case status, no changes at all, still in acceptance.
P.S. Just checked the mail, no sign of any interview letters either :(

I hope it will come the next week. From previous years I learned that people start receive interview letters from 5 of November (who did their bio early in Oct)

Izzy you are genius. How do you know all that information? What actually are doing in your young life? (i'm asking not in private because everybody would like to hear your answer. I guess so :) )

I received my NOAs today so I'm guessing that somewhere along the line, my application was re-routed to the appropriate lockbox facility, ie Chicago. I hope no one else makes the mistake I made, now and for subsequent years.