• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

I just would like to add that applying for OPT does not require biometrics (G-325A form). So technically speaking, there is not difference at all between having an A# or not.

I don't think having a prior A# necessarily makes your process faster (especially during this early/preliminary stage). There is really nothing much to obtain if one has an A# based on OPT other than the fact that they have applied for OPT (which is basically a F1 'benefit') and their biographical info and some prior docs. If the A# were for prior I-485 filings based on some other criteria, then that would be another issue and hence, will in turn, probably take more time for them to locate/obtain the files from the holding office to see things in detail (which would happen at NBC). At lockbox, they will only look to see if there is already an A# assigned, if there is one, then they will assign a new one specifically for the purpose of this case (btw, I was assigned a new A#), and if there is not one, then they will create a new one. The only difference is it will most likely help save them some time to enter the G-325A info into their system which should not drastically delay your case in any way. I see your point about them having to enter all the info and feed the new docs into their system for the 'new ones' but I don't think that should be any reason for such length of delay.

And CONGRATS for getting the receipt no.! I am hoping that biometrics notice should start coming by the end of next week at most... Good Luck all the way to everyone!

Current Status: F-1 on OPT, expires in Aug 2011
04/24/2010: NL1 received
10/03/2010: AOS in Chicago

I am in the same boat and I have an A-number, since I am on OPT. I don't think you need to worry. I call what is going on the "1st-patch" phenomena. The number of applications received by the USCIS office starts at a very low level and within a day it exponentially increase. Think of the processing time as the inverse profile. If your application was in the 1st-patch, it will get processed extremely fast. But once it gets out of this first patch, the process is relatively much slower...

Well, to the best of my knowledge USCIS is working on "first come first served basis", in other words AofS that was delivered on Oct 1 will be processed quicker than AofS which is delivered on Oct 4. The cases of following people confirms it: Tuscany, Izzy120, natta and etc.

Khayat,

I apologize for asking this so late in this whole process but I just can't get over my curiosity over your gender (plus all the others)...LOL since you know there has been much confusion lately...I would like to think that you are a guy but I may be wrong...I just wanted to get to know my pals better...so, so far i think:
Tuscany is a guy (90% positive)
Feel is a guy (100% positive)
Natta is a gal (100% positive) :D
sundaram is a guy (90%)
Lucky is a guy (50%)...sorry :(
keepkeep is a guy (not sure)...:(
Frenchie is a guy (90%)
nncu is a gal (50%)
zahidal is a guy...
dalerpulatov (I have no idea)...
reptile (guy?)
umuteren (guy?)
and anyone else I missed...please let us know, I can only remember a handful at this time....

Sorry, if its too personal for a question but I just wanted to be able to address a person correctly...

Hope y'all don't mind...:) :) :)

Izzy,

I'm a guy and I know that you're lady based on previous threads...

Khayat,

I apologize for asking this so late in this whole process but I just can't get over my curiosity over your gender (plus all the others)...LOL since you know there has been much confusion lately...I would like to think that you are a guy but I may be wrong...I just wanted to get to know my pals better...so, so far i think:
sundaram is a guy (90%)

You're spot-on, my friend. Yes I'm a guy...and thanks for asking :D

Well, to the best of my knowledge USCIS is working on "first come first served basis", in other words AofS that was delivered on Oct 1 will be processed quicker than AofS which is delivered on Oct 4. The cases of following people confirms it: Tuscany, Izzy120, natta and etc.

Yeah seems to be that way... wonder how much longer the batch of people who got their AOS packaged delivered on October 4th will have to wait for... I hate that my attorney kept insisting on 'playing it safe' and refusing to send it out on September 30th but o well... the wait sure is a killer.

I like that this forum never sleeps. Fantastic.

Dude, I am a dude. :cool:

I call all of my gal friends dude, nothing personal.

Khayat,

sundaram is a guy (90%)
keepkeep is a guy (not sure)...:(
Frenchie is a guy (90%)
nncu is a gal (50%)
zahidal is a guy...
dalerpulatov (I have no idea)...
reptile (guy?)
umuteren (guy?)
and anyone else I missed...please let us know, I can only remember a handful at this time....

Sorry, if its too personal for a question but I just wanted to be able to address a person correctly...

Hope y'all don't mind...:) :) :)

Yeah seems to be that way... wonder how much longer the batch of people who got their AOS packaged delivered on October 4th will have to wait for... I hate that my attorney kept insisting on 'playing it safe' and refusing to send it out on September 30th but o well... the wait sure is a killer.

Don't worry about that, don't get yourself nervous. It's just a matter of days the gap between Oct 1 and Oct 4 AofS applications. By the end of this week, I believe we'll definitely get notifications, check clearances and NOAs.

armanio,

I wasn't literally referring to G-325A form when I was talking about 'biographical data'...The A# allows them access to your biographical info (at least) already in their system (such as your name, DOB, etc.) that you provided on the I-765 form while applying for OPT or on H1, prior AoS, etc. based forms.

PS: You can add your info to your signature by going to the FORUM ACTIONS>EDIT PROFILE>EDIT SIGNATURE>Enter your info and hit save and don't forget to check "show signature" when you post messages.

Thanks! :)

I just would like to add that applying for OPT does not require biometrics (G-325A form). So technically speaking, there is not difference at all between having an A# or not.

Current Status: F-1 on OPT, expires in Aug 2011
04/24/2010: NL1 received
10/03/2010: AOS in Chicago

Last edited by a moderator:
And yes of course, the time they received the forms at lockbox does make a difference (well, that is a no-brainer...), like someone mentioned, 'first-come first-served'.

I really hope we start seeing more people getting the NoAs and the rest of the steps to follow very soon. :) :) :)

And yes of course, the time they received the forms at lockbox does make a difference (well, that is a no-brainer...), like someone mentioned, 'first-come first-served'.

I really hope we start seeing more people getting the NoAs and the rest of the steps to follow very soon. :) :) :)

Hey guys,

I need some suggestion here, In the DSP-122 form item#7 (work experience), they said Within last five years, I've worked at least 2 years in a job that requires at least 2 years of training and experiences. I'm working in this current job (SE) more than 2 years but I didn't show my company any job experiences before to get this job, so what should I put in that item#7? Should I just answered it NO? please reply asap.

Indeed.. a forum that never sleeps :)

I'm a guy as well. I live in FL (a Miami Heat fan if anyone cares :))

Im glad processing times seem shorter this year. Hope you guys get ur GCs before the new year..

Good night.

Thanks Khayat, for your response.
I also found more info on uscis stating that in my country the immigrant visa should be issued rather quickly. (PS: there are many reasons to be in the US even if u cant study or work - i live in NYC :) )

Izzy,
in your response to nirvana you said:
and unless you don't mind losing the $1010 AoS processing fee and paying all the CP fees + new medicals all over again for CP, its really entirely your decision to make!
why new medicals? I got mine here in NY , cant i take'em to europe in the sealed envelope and present them for CP?

and as my initials suggest, i am a man too, like 95% of the forum members here...

keepkeep Pasadena is a nice place. what are u doing there. I am in Westwood.

Regarding to your signature, your package is delivered on 3rd of Oct like mines, but I did not get any acceptance yet!

@Izzy and Natta: I am also a girl :)
@NirvanaGrunger: I live in Pasadena, so we might get the same FO !! :)

jfk,

For AoS Adjustees, medicals need to be done by a USCIS designated Civil Surgeon while those applying for Immigrant Visa abroad (CP) need to go to Panel Physician. Following is a quote from the DOS website:

Can the medical examination take place in the United States if the applicant is pursuing a visa application abroad while physically present in the United States? Visa medical examinations may not be conducted in the United States. An alien pursuing a visa application abroad while physically present in the United States must have the medical examination conducted by a panel physician approved by the visa issuing U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

source: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3745.html#_Can_the_medical_1

Find Panel Physician here: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3739.html

General Info regarding Medical Exams for IV/CP here: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3745.html

why new medicals? I got mine here in NY , cant i take'em to europe in the sealed envelope and present them for CP?

keepkeep Pasadena is a nice place. what are u doing there. I am in Westwood.

Regarding to your signature, your package is delivered on 3rd of Oct like mines, but I did not get any acceptance yet!

Yes, it is a nice place :)
I am an international student at CSUF. What about you? Are you a student too?
Don't worry, they might get a little backed up. You will get your notification soon.