• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Izzy,

My case is slightly different as both me and my wife post here. I created the account hence the name Sundaram, but she as a primary applicant does most of the posting. Hence you can count Sundaram as a gal.

Khayat,

I apologize for asking this so late in this whole process but I just can't get over my curiosity over your gender (plus all the others)...LOL since you know there has been much confusion lately...I would like to think that you are a guy but I may be wrong...I just wanted to get to know my pals better...so, so far i think:
Tuscany is a guy (90% positive)
Feel is a guy (100% positive)
Natta is a gal (100% positive) :D
sundaram is a guy (90%)
Lucky is a guy (50%)...sorry :(
keepkeep is a guy (not sure)...:(
Frenchie is a guy (90%)
nncu is a gal (50%)
zahidal is a guy...
dalerpulatov (I have no idea)...
reptile (guy?)
umuteren (guy?)
and anyone else I missed...please let us know, I can only remember a handful at this time....

Sorry, if its too personal for a question but I just wanted to be able to address a person correctly...

Hope y'all don't mind...:) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Friends,

If you don't have a middle name, what should we write in the space asking for "middle name" and "all other names used" like in I-693, G-325a, I-485 and others... Should we write "None", "N/A", or just leave it blank?

It seems really simple, but putting "None" could be mistaken literately as a real middle name like "John None Doe". "N/A" might be problematic sometimes. And I read that we should not leave any space blank when filling out USCIS forms.

Lucky2011,

I don't have middle name as well and I left it blank. I have filled out many previous USCIS forms that way and did not have issues in any of them so I guessed leaving it blank was the most appropriate thing to do. Besides, they would explicitly mention it like in the section 3c of I 485 if they would want us to type none or anything like that.
I think you and I will both be fine leaving it blank.

Good luck.

Hi Friends,

If you don't have a middle name, what should we write in the space asking for "middle name" and "all other names used" like in I-693, G-325a, I-485 and others... Should we write "None", "N/A", or just leave it blank?

It seems really simple, but putting "None" could be mistaken literately as a real middle name like "John None Doe". "N/A" might be problematic sometimes. And I read that we should not leave any space blank when filling out USCIS forms.

Oct 1 should be the fastest processing day all over the year because at this point USCIS is done with all previous cases (DV2010).
Well, to the best of my knowledge USCIS is working on "first come first served basis", in other words AofS that was delivered on Oct 1 will be processed quicker than AofS which is delivered on Oct 4. The cases of following people confirms it: Tuscany, Izzy120, natta and etc.

I'm a guy too...

Yep, I'm a guy too.. Waiting to hear back from the USCIS.
I was a little late it getting the documentation out. My number is current in October and the AOS package reached Chicago on 10/07 signed for by CHIBA.

I wrote N/A for my I-765 and I was fine. Leaving it blank or writing None will work too. Izzy, and other guys/gals please suggest....

Hi Friends,

For those who already received there case number, is it the same as the $1010 check tracking number?

armanio

2011EU2XXX

ttania,

Congrats on being selected for DV and welcome!

You can claim eligibility (for further DV processing) by one of the following:
1. By having at least a high school education or its equivalent, OR
2. By having at least two years of experience in the last five years in an occupation which, by U.S. Department of Labor definitions, requires at least two years of training or experience that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher.

Now my question to you is, which one are you using?

If you are using high school as your basis for eligibility then do the following:
#7.a.: NO, b.: N/A, c.: N/A

If you are using work experience as your eligibility, please make sure your job actually qualifies as mentioned above by going to http://online.onetcenter.org/

Read: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4756.html under "How To Find the Qualifying Occupations on the Department of Labor Website: " to find out.

If your job is eligible, and you have the required experience, then you may use it to claim your eligibility. In that case you do the following:
#7.a.: YES, b.: Provide job title and duties, c.: Self explanatory.

If you are eligible on both grounds, you can just use high school as your eligibility or work experience or both. Your call.

Good Luck!

Hey guys,

I need some suggestion here, In the DSP-122 form item#7 (work experience), they said Within last five years, I've worked at least 2 years in a job that requires at least 2 years of training and experiences. I'm working in this current job (SE) more than 2 years but I didn't show my company any job experiences before to get this job, so what should I put in that item#7? Should I just answered it NO? please reply asap.

Lucky,

You can write "none" on I-485, G-325A and leave it blank for I-765 (since this is where it seems to cause problems, with people getting EAD cards with name such as "John None Doe" :D ). I did the same and so far the names on my NoAs look great!

Hi Friends,

Next steps

Hi... I have several questions about the process. I got paper from KCC for payment and before the adjustment status. I won lottery in USA and process is different for winners who are in the USA. If you aswer these questions, It will be my pleasure. Thank you.

1) How much do I have to pay?
2) Do I have to send any other document to Missouri or to Kentucky Consular Center?
3) What I am going to wait from Missouri?
4) what are the next steps i have to take?

armanio,

Yes, the receipt no. on your text/e-mail is the same as the one on NoA. It begins with MSC. When did you get e-notification?

For those who already received there case number, is it the same as the $1010 check tracking number?

armanio

2011EU2XXX

Finally my checks got cashed, the date is 10/12, but I think as khayat said they were cashed when they send me the texts and emails for acceptance, but the bank just took to slow to update it in their system. Hope to get the NOAs today .

Hi marmara,

Congrats and Welcome to the forum!

Before we give you specific answers, please let us know where you are in the process by adding your case details to your signature (such as your Case number range, region, location, date NL1/NL2 received, forms sent, etc.). You can do this by going to FORUM ACTIONS>EDIT PROFILE>EDIT SIGNATURE>Enter your info and save and check "show your signature" when you post messages.

Thanks!

Hi... I have several questions about the process. I got paper from KCC for payment and before the adjustment status. I won lottery in USA and process is different for winners who are in the USA. If you aswer these questions, It will be my pleasure. Thank you.

1) How much do I have to pay?
2) Do I have to send any other document to Missouri or to Kentucky Consular Center?
3) What I am going to wait from Missouri?
4) what are the next steps i have to take?

psl2r,

Could you please confirm your CN: EU10xxx (10K?)

Thanks!

Call several civil surgeons in your area. Fees vary a lot! I paid around $175. If you tell what area you live in, forum participants might be able to suggest specific civil surgeons.

@Izzy : Thanks :)
NOA letter will be sent by mail or e-mail?

@psl2: I paid 140$ for medical examination