• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

@subywrx, lucky2011, leongsce: I think form i485 is required for both principle applicant as well as spouse. Correct me if I am wrong

TV Skin test Positive :(

My skin test (for TV) found positive. Thats why doctor asked me to go for Chest X-Ray. Now waiting for the report. Dr told me that if that one also comes positive (pls pray for me so that it comes negative) then I will have to take 9 months long treatment. In that case will it hamper my DV process? Let me know if you have any suggestion / info

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding the diploma of HS. Do we need to verify our hih school diploma whether it is accredited by a US Education company like WES?

What up fellas,

I was away for a while but I am back. I see most of you got your NOA and TXT on Friday.
Congrads.
I did not get anything yet, and today they are not working I assume this week I hear something.

What up fellas,

I was away for a while but I am back. I see most of you got your NOA and TXT on Friday.
Congrads.
I did not get anything yet, and today they are not working I assume this week I hear something.

Why they did not working today? It is not true because we are waiting for them :). I did not get anything yet as well.

columbus day or something (federal Holiday) . Who else is waiting?

Well mine might be taking longer because they have no info of me in their computers I guess. I don't have an A number or anything. So they are just typing my name in.
This year is going faster tho.

Why they did not working today? It is not true because we are waiting for them :). I did not get anything yet as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I HAAAAATE my LAAAWYEEEEER!!!! I told her send my package at 30 of September, but she is ......... :)

zahidal,

Been a long time, welcome back! There are many reasons why a skin test may come positive and it doesn't necessarily mean you have active TB (infectious TB with physical symptoms). If your CXR comes positive it may be indicative of inactive/dormant/latent TB (non-infectious with no physical TB symptoms), in which case the MD is required to recommend you to the Health Dept. and a treatment plan but you don't have to complete it since you don't have active TB and are considered non-infectious (only about 2% of people with latent TB later develop the disease and become infectious). In that case, you are considered medically cleared for the purposes of USCIS. Meaning, your process should be fine as long as you don't have active TB. Here is a read on TB and Civil Surgeon's procedures as prescribed by CDC/USCIS:

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/tb-ti-civil.pdf

FYI: You will always test positive for skin test once you are positive, so ask for an extra copy of your CXR report in case you need it in future, here in FL, the CXR report is good for 5 years and that varies by state...Good Luck!!!

TV Skin test Positive :(

My skin test (for TV) found positive. Thats why doctor asked me to go for Chest X-Ray. Now waiting for the report. Dr told me that if that one also comes positive (pls pray for me so that it comes negative) then I will have to take 9 months long treatment. In that case will it hamper my DV process? Let me know if you have any suggestion / info

umuteren,

I highly doubt that, as long as it is in English and indicates you completed high school...

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding the diploma of HS. Do we need to verify our hih school diploma whether it is accredited by a US Education company like WES?

What up what up? Nice to see you back here! :) :) :)

I'm sure you'll hear something by tomorrow...Good luck!

What up fellas,

Congrads.

Hey Izzy,

Nice to see you again too. I see you are back on helping others like before. Nice of you. Keep it up.

I'll give them till Friday before I call them...
Cheers

What up what up? Nice to see you back here! :) :) :)

I'm sure you'll hear something by tomorrow...Good luck!

Thanks.. I phoned the two civil surgeons available in my region and one of them gave me a range of 330-580! I just obtained a record of my immunization history so guess i wont have to do all of them.

@zahidal, hopefully you'll be fine. I have already had a positive skin test back home with a clear chest X-Ray. I was told by the doctor it is easily contagious and transmitted by breath and especially common among practicing physicians as they see a lot of people who may already have it. In my case, i need to redo the X-Ray again (since last time was two years ago). Hope it wasnt activated in the past two years!

reptile

columbus day or something (federal Holiday) . Who else is waiting?

Well mine might be taking longer because they have no info of me in their computers I guess. I don't have an A number or anything. So they are just typing my name in.
This year is going faster tho.

Khayat,

I'm also waiting and hopefully will get reply by this week

hey natta,

unless they wanna do it for you for free, the delay is on your bank side. They do not accept unless they get their money
Congrats

I got the text messages and email for the acceptance, but the checks have not been cashed yet. :(

you are couple days behind me. But since the 8th we have not had any business day so do not worry. Last year it took up to 20 days in some cases. What is you current status? I notice F1 cases lasted a tad longer last year.

Khayat,

I'm also waiting and hopefully will get reply by this week

Do you mean F-1 cases were sent "NOA for I-485" late last year?

you are couple days behind me. But since the 8th we have not had any business day so do not worry. Last year it took up to 20 days in some cases. What is you current status? I notice F1 cases lasted a tad longer last year.

I meant "seemed like" a tad later, no biggy. There were a few known F cases

gatorchess, CoolDude and happy.

While the fastest NOA took 1 week, these guys got it between 13 -22

again I am guessing.

Do you mean F-1 cases were sent "NOA for I-485" late last year?