• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Please respond to me :(

1. I am sending WOrk Permit and Tavel Permit forms with my i-485. I sent all my forms today. During this long process, according to your experiences, will I receive Work permit at the END of the process? or before receiving GreenCArd will they send me WORK permit? If yes, it takes 1months,2 months, or ???

2. I can not travel outside of US before they send me Travel permit, is that right?? How long does it take that I receive Travel Permit?

I need to know about these. Thanks!

1. Based on DV 2010 thread, Work Permit takes 2.5 or more months to be granted. Some cases received it early, some late so we can't tell you definitely when you will receive your work permit.

2. Unfortunately, I don't have sufficient knowledge to answer this question. Hopefully, someone with the bigger insights would be able to reply you or you could do your own research by browsing DV 2010 thread and read individual cases and then you will have general idea when you will get your Travel Docs.

Hope it helps

aiklk,

i had a similar experience, i called KCC about NL2 and was informed that it had been mailed to my address which is my home address, strangely, i never received it even though i have lived in the same house/address for 5years without losing a single letter. I called KCC 4times, sent email 3times and got the same response; "you are eligible to Adjust your status, your file has been sent to USCIS". I requested for NL2 by email but they never got back with me. Reading this forum, highly knowledgeable contributors like Izzy, Khayat & others from 2010 forum said
NL2 is merely a formality, good if you have it, no problem if you don't, it will only give you rest of mind. I sent my AOS package to Chicago on September 30 without NL2 and am not losing sleep over it. You can contact natta, he got NL2 by email, he will tell you how he did it. It should not worry you, get your forms filled appropriately, get all your supporting documents in order and your petition should sail through without qualms.

Tuscany, I feel that you really don't have to worry about NL 2, I got mine yesterday and it basically telling thank you for your intention to adjust your status. If they told you that they have already transferred all your docs to USCIS, then you don't have to worry 'cos in my letter they wrote that we have transferred to USCIS.

Hey Tuscany, I am a girl not a guy :) Yes I did receive the NL2 by email but only after I calld them few times and ask for it after they said they sent it to the old adress.
aiklk,

You can contact natta, he got NL2 by email, he will tell you how he did it. .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your responses

By the way, what is NL2 means?

And if there is someone who have info about Travel Permit, please respond me!

Thx
1. Based on DV 2010 thread, Work Permit takes 2.5 or more months to be granted. Some cases received it early, some late so we can't tell you definitely when you will receive your work permit.

2. Unfortunately, I don't have sufficient knowledge to answer this question. Hopefully, someone with the bigger insights would be able to reply you or you could do your own research by browsing DV 2010 thread and read individual cases and then you will have general idea when you will get your Travel Docs.

Hope it helps

Please respond to me :(

1. I am sending WOrk Permit and Tavel Permit forms with my i-485. I sent all my forms today. During this long process, according to your experiences, will I receive Work permit at the END of the process? or before receiving GreenCArd will they send me WORK permit? If yes, it takes 1months,2 months, or ???

2. I can not travel outside of US before they send me Travel permit, is that right?? How long does it take that I receive Travel Permit?

I need to know about these. Thanks!

nirvagrunger,
on q2 - once you submit your i485, you are not supposed to leave the country. if you do uscis will deem that you have abandoned your application. therefore, in order to travel out of country while your i485 is pending, you will need to apply for ap (advanced parole) which is free if you submit it together with your i485 application.

Leongsce,

Thanks for paying attention. But, I applied already for "Advance Parole for Travel Authorization" with my AOS package (i-485, i-785:Employment Auth, also Travel Permission). (I sent whole package one week ago...)

But I do not know when they will reply me. And I wonder typically how long does it take that they send me permission for travel. Because I will need to visit my country in next months..Do you have any idea how long does it take?

nirvagrunger,
on q2 - once you submit your i485, you are not supposed to leave the country. if you do uscis will deem that you have abandoned your application. therefore, in order to travel out of country while your i485 is pending, you will need to apply for ap (advanced parole) which is free if you submit it together with your i485 application.

Tuscany, I feel that you really don't have to worry about NL 2, I got mine yesterday and it basically telling thank you for your intention to adjust your status. If they told you that they have already transferred all your docs to USCIS, then you don't have to worry 'cos in my letter they wrote that we have transferred to USCIS.

oh ok, is that all it says on that letter? what about interview date? I saw some post saying that letter includes the date which makes me so nervous. I did send an email and ask if they could let me know what the letter was about since it is kind of weird to take a month for delivery.

Yes we can, Parviz. I emailed this question in August to KCC and they replied me that we're eligible to apply for DV-2012.

I think I am going to do it, just in case. My case number is quite high comparatively saying for Asia. Mine is 2011AS34XXX

Hi aiklk, so the 2NL contains the date or the interview only for CP cases, for people who go to US consulate in their home countries, not for people who are in the US and do Adjustment of Status. After you send your I-485 form with all the supporting documens, USCIS decides when you will have your intrview, based on how busy the local office that is asigned to your case is.
oh ok, is that all it says on that letter? what about interview date? I saw some post saying that letter includes the date which makes me so nervous. I did send an email and ask if they could let me know what the letter was about since it is kind of weird to take a month for delivery.

Hey Tuscany, I am a girl not a guy :) Yes I did receive the NL2 by email but only after I calld them few times and ask for it after they said they sent it to the old adress.

Natta,
:eek::eek:.....am awfully sorry that i referred to you as a man, i don't know why all the men in this forum have the perception that everyone here is a man. don't worry i will correct them now......
HI GUYS!! NATTA IS A LADY, A WOMAN, A FEMALE, A GIRL!!!
NOW THEY ALL KNOW...:):):).....
Enjoy your day and good luck.

Natta,
:eek::eek:.....am awfully sorry that i referred to you as a man, i don't know why all the men in this forum have the perception that everyone here is a man.

If you had only paid attention to the posts on this forum! :) Natta and Izzy were both drooling over Steamy McDreamy a few pages ago...

If you had only paid attention to the posts on this forum! :) Natta and Izzy were both drooling over Steamy McDreamy a few pages ago...

yes i remember the "McDreamy" line, i knew about Izzy but not natta, now i know; was in the thick of getting my AOS package together then. a thousand apologies!!!:)

No worries tuscany. natta atually comes from Natalia :)
Natta,
:eek::eek:.....am awfully sorry that i referred to you as a man, i don't know why all the men in this forum have the perception that everyone here is a man. don't worry i will correct them now......
HI GUYS!! NATTA IS A LADY, A WOMAN, A FEMALE, A GIRL!!!
NOW THEY ALL KNOW...:):):).....
Enjoy your day and good luck.

Hey guys, any response from the Lockbox? I also attached the G1145 form so they can notify me by email or text message, but nothing till now, I keep checking the email, phone and bank account few times a day, but no change :( I hate wait.

Yes we can, Parviz. I emailed this question in August to KCC and they replied me that we're eligible to apply for DV-2012.

Parviz & others that are interested,

please note a major change in the application period for DV-2012, I believe previously it was from October to December, it has been changed to less than (one) - 1 month.
The website states: "Important Notice about DV-2012: The online registration for DV-2012 DV Lottery begins noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT -4), Tuesday, October 5, 2010, and ends noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT -4), Wednesday, November 3, 2010". So Parviz and for people with friends and family that might be interested, the window is short this year. Good luck.

Folks!

I was out of town and away for a while so I couldn't contribute and I apologize for that... but I am sure other gurus on this thread have managed it very well without me :D :D :D

I have yet to read and catch up on this thread...

Good Luck to everyone!

Thanks Lucky!

FYI: USCIS has just posted a final update on their fee increase which goes into effect on November 23rd, 2010. AOS fees will increase from $1010 (I-485: $930 + Biometrics: $80) to $1070 (I-485: $985 + Biometrics: $85). So, anyone filing on or after November 23rd should pay the updated fee.

Link: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Thank God, it's a relatively modest increase compared to the massive one which was instituted in 2007.

Thank you capeolive, for everything! You may not realize the magnitude of difference you have made in so many people's lives (including mine)...and I hope their hundreds of prayers and wishes will fill your life with joy and contentment...

Goodbye my friend.

Hi DV 2011 applicants,

I am a forumite from the DV 2010 AOS Only thread
who is about to retire. There is some information I
am posting that might help you.

You have my best wishes for your upcoming process...

FY 2010

DV AOS Processing Times

by Cut-Off Dates

NAME-----------------------------CUT-OFF----------CARD....

Hey Tuscany, Frenchiechs & feel,

Thanks for looking out...great to have friends like you. :) :) :)

Its nice to know that most of us are on the right track...great job guys!!! Things will start coming soon...

Others who have just joined the forum, Hearty Congratulations and Welcome!!! Please tell us a bit about yourself (i.e, case number range, local USCIS office, NL1 & NL2 received date, AoS mailed, etc.) by adding the info to your signature: FORUM ACTIONS>EDIT PROFILE> EDIT SIGNATURE> Enter your info> SAVE and check "show signature" when you post messages. This will make it easier for us to help you.

Guys,
Has anyone heard from Izzy for the past 5 days, she has been missing in action for a while now.

Am sure we will all get a form of notification from Chicago on the AOS within a week, maximum two weeks, that's the period reflected in the 2010 forum. Keep the faith guys, it is well.

Last edited by a moderator: